Author

Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com - page 2000. (Read 3049501 times)

legendary
Activity: 804
Merit: 1002
so? pay for it and don't post it on the forum.... and to the one before you: read the friggin thread, it's all in there.
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
What mining software will work with these miners? Do they have their own?

Also, will any US ATX power supply work? What kind of power supply do I need to buy to get ready?

They need to update their FAQ page with all these things that have been said over and over
legendary
Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000
Nighty Night Don't Let The Trolls Bite Nom Nom Nom
I got an email from them asking if I was going to pay for my order.....
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000
Personal text my ass....
What mining software will work with these miners? Do they have their own?

Also, will any US ATX power supply work? What kind of power supply do I need to buy to get ready?

With a solid selection of dedicated scrypt miners, Litecoin could grow so much stronger than it is today...

This is very ironic, as litecoin was supposed to be strong precisely because there weren't and will not be for a while scrypt dedicated miners.

As with all things in life it is only a matter of time.  I wouldn't be surprised if we see ASIC miners for scrypt down the road as the algorithm becomes older.
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1012
Still wild and free
With a solid selection of dedicated scrypt miners, Litecoin could grow so much stronger than it is today...

This is very ironic, as litecoin was supposed to be strong precisely because there weren't and will not be for a while scrypt dedicated miners.
legendary
Activity: 1064
Merit: 1001
A look inside KnCMiner, bitcoin mining’s dark horse

http://www.coindesk.com/a-look-inside-kncminer/

Nevertheless, prospects for FPGAs in general are far from bleak, Cole asserts. The company is planning an FPGA targeting the Scrypt-based altcurrency market, dominated by Litecoin, but with many other competitors. Users will be able to visit the KnCMiner website and download software to reprogram FPGA chips to mine any new coin that emerges as a contender, he promises. “That means that we can sell a $3000-$4000 product that returns your investment,” he says, but adds that it must be more functional than Mars. “It needs memory channels, the ability to be reprogrammed, and probably its own web interface.”

I think this is pretty awesome, and I presume they could pull it off. With a solid selection of dedicated scrypt miners, Litecoin could grow so much stronger than it is today...and it would also mean that any new scrypt based alt-coins (like the ones that come out every other day) would be crushed almost instantly (which I don't necessarily think is a bad thing).

That's the most effective way to spread mining hashrate to the masses, while also spreading the "bitcoin word". Hope some manufacturer has the balls to make that project happen - I would have for sure the means and the knowledge to take those babies to mass distribution, but I don't have in any case the technical expertise to make that hardware happen.

eventually the USBees and the K1's will get to that price but you have to have a computer or raspberry Pi running for them to work..  so they can be sold at the geeky stores and handed out at conferences instead of yet another branded flash drive

they won't really make any btc so might be tough for 'the masses' to embrace it... I have four of them running plus a ModMiner in an old WinXP box but not sure if they ever get the 16btc I spent on them even in a year!   Just think of someone getting a few on Christmas.. what will it make?

BTC going above $300 would be needed for what you want (and then they wont cost $10... and the cycle continues.. lol )

legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018
I personally voted for the smaller miner option on the website - I think it's got a couple advantages that shouldn't be overlooked.

One, it allows for more individuals to get involved in mining, which in my mind follows the decentralization aspect of Bitcoin much better than large group buys and sticking large units in data centers.  I realize that from a business perspective scaling up presents a number of financial incentives, but doing it with Bitcoin mining is sort of irksome to me, but it is the reality we live in.

The other advantage is when a smaller machine goes down, the overall impact is lower to the miner.  Again, in a scaled operation a Saturn or Jupiter going down probably is a small machine, but at the individual level a $7k USD investment going offline is probably a large chunk, or perhaps in many cases the entire operation!

I'd like to see, if not a majority, at least a strong minority of mining capacity stay well distributed among individual owners, but most businesses and ASIC manufacturers I think are looking at it from a straight up, maximized ROI standpoint. Unfortunately, you can't blame them really.  It's why most businesses don't embrace more p2p technology in the first place - no profit advantage over consolidation.  Undecided

What we need for effective decentralization is millions of USB miners priced at $10 to $25, distributed in all the traditional channels (retailers, convenience stores, newstands, etc.).

That's the most effective way to spread mining hashrate to the masses, while also spreading the "bitcoin word". Hope some manufacturer has the balls to make that project happen - I would have for sure the means and the knowledge to take those babies to mass distribution, but I don't have in any case the technical expertise to make that hardware happen.
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
1.21 GIGA WATTS
even if they didn't have all the funds now is irrelevant, and if they were short of funds then they'd have to get a loan as business must go on.
They are committed now and no turning back.

Activity: 350
Bitcoin is the future...
Based on the number of orders and the minimum being $4k...that $3.5 million is only ~1000 products ordered for Saturn, ~500 Jupiter.

They have the funds for the chip order without a doubt.

I'm so excited to have an order in! These guys are such a pleasant "contrast" to the other hardware offerings out there....

I remember somewhere was screenshot and there was maybe 3000 units left? Here is screenshot from yesterday:

And today:

I think they have enough funds.
Activity: 588
Based on the number of orders and the minimum being $4k...that $3.5 million is only ~1000 products ordered for Saturn, ~500 Jupiter.

They have the funds for the chip order without a doubt.

I'm so excited to have an order in! These guys are such a pleasant "contrast" to the other hardware offerings out there....

legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

Quote from: Sam Cole
“We saw that the market was big enough to pre-fund the millions of dollars that you need for a 28 nm product. We decided that if we’re going to go, we’re going to go all-in to the very edge of the technology”.

Hope they have already gathered the "millions" needed to pay for the chip order. It looks like they are still in that process.
Activity: 532

thanks

I like this below
Nevertheless, prospects for FPGAs in general are far from bleak, Cole asserts. The company is planning an FPGA targeting the Scrypt-based altcurrency market, dominated by Litecoin, but with many other competitors. Users will be able to visit the KnCMiner website and download software to reprogram FPGA chips to mine any new coin that emerges as a contender, he promises. “That means that we can sell a $3000-$4000 product that returns your investment,” he says, but adds that it must be more functional than Mars. “It needs memory channels, the ability to be reprogrammed, and probably its own web interface.”
add me to the pre-pre-order list  Grin

Yes I purposely left that out of my report! I'm surprised that was mentioned!!
Activity: 574
1.21 GIGA WATTS

thanks

I like this below
add me to the pre-pre-order list  Grin
Activity: 389
Activity: 350
Bitcoin is the future...

legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002
are you just daydreaming or did you find this 100GH/s per chip number somewhere in the hundreds of pages of smoke?   That seems impossibly high no?

quoting the relevant part of yesterday's newsletter ("Chip Progress report" paragraph)

This means that we can achieve a minimum of 100GH/s per chip. Which we think most people will agree, puts us far ahead of our current competitors.

Can you tell me where to find this newsletter?   Thanks.   

https://www.kncminer.com/registration.aspx
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1008
are you just daydreaming or did you find this 100GH/s per chip number somewhere in the hundreds of pages of smoke?   That seems impossibly high no?

quoting the relevant part of yesterday's newsletter ("Chip Progress report" paragraph)

This means that we can achieve a minimum of 100GH/s per chip. Which we think most people will agree, puts us far ahead of our current competitors.

https://www.kncminer.com/news/news-22

and if you are subscribed to their mailing list, yesterday you should have received an email with the exact same text you'll find on the link above
Activity: 55
Merit: 0

Two places

1. Your inbox, if you're subscribing

2. https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.2584504
Jump to: