Author

Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com - page 2002. (Read 3049501 times)

Activity: 532
Merit: 500
Lucky gits!...Wink

From the KnC website:

Lottery Results.

The winners are as follows:
Mr Stephenson from Texas USA who wins 1 Jupiter & 1 Saturn
Mr Weisener from Germany who wins 1 Jupiter
Mr Vicente from Spain who wins 1 Saturn
Activity: 602
Tyrion70 and me did a group buy of 12 KNC Jupiters miners - Bitfunder IPO created out of it. https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/bitfunder-addiction-kncminer-now-hashing-at-14th-244042

Interesting  I just noticed on my orders detail page it shows a kind of grayed out 34 right under my order Qty of 1 of a Jupiter...

Wonder what the 34 means?  Could it mean at the time I ordered and paid, I was the 34th Jupiter ordered and paid for???  Surely not as I ordered June 19th...  Unless the Saturn's have a lot more orders???Product   Price per unit   Amount   Price

Saturn
$ 3,795.00    1   $ 3,795.00
Order price: $ 3,795.00
Shipping price: $ 102.60
Comments to order

Total price: $ 3,897.60

SKU code.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stock_keeping_unit
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
Interesting  I just noticed on my orders detail page it shows a kind of grayed out 34 right under my order Qty of 1 of a Jupiter...

Wonder what the 34 means?  Could it mean at the time I ordered and paid, I was the 34th Jupiter ordered and paid for???  Surely not as I ordered June 19th...  Unless the Saturn's have a lot more orders???Product   Price per unit   Amount   Price

Saturn
$ 3,795.00    1   $ 3,795.00
Order price: $ 3,795.00
Shipping price: $ 102.60
Comments to order

Total price: $ 3,897.60

Has anything been officially said regarding an IPO?  I remember reading that KnC plan to mine as well as sell equipment.  I would love an opportunity to invest in that operation.

All comes down to data centre rates, which is an ongoing negotiation between various centres. Once that is agreed, then they can proce accordingly, hence they have yet to finalise any hosting plans. It's not a priority right now though, so I think it's on the back burner, or at least that's what we were told at the open day.

They need multiple facilities, as they will not keep all miners on one location, neither will they disclose the locations. Pricing will be uniform regardless of where they are hosting. It will average whatever pricing is negotiated.
legendary
Activity: 994
Merit: 1000
Has anything been officially said regarding an IPO?  I remember reading that KnC plan to mine as well as sell equipment.  I would love an opportunity to invest in that operation.
legendary
Activity: 1988
Merit: 1012
Beyond Imagination
I was checking the thermals for the package size they quote, and if it's got a spreader on top, the thermal junction would be something like 46W/cm2 which is not bad at all.  If it's bare die with no lid, then it's probably closer to ~ 100W/cm2.  I think a standard CPU/GPU W/cm2 is around 80-100W/cm2 nowadays, so "normal" thermal solutions should be ok.

7970 have 250w TDP at a die size of 19x19mm

Activity: 778
Merit: 563
Just thinking out loud here, but if we were to say that the "average" order from KnC is 400GH/s, for the sake of argument.  The queue depth is 26xx orders, as attested by several recent orders here.  Neglecting cancellations, etc - that's > 1PH/s (Peta-hash) shipping in just a few months from one company?  Insane!  Shocked

The queue was 26xx+ but it was mentioned that the final count of PAID orders was under 1000.   (This was a week or 2 ago but should still hold closer to 1k compared to your 2.6k number.)

Paypal was an issue for ordering more than $10,000 so many people had to split each unit into its own order which should keep the # of units closer to the # of orders though there will be some that used BTC or Bank Transfers.

Activity: 203
The law of the universe!
Just thinking out loud here, but if we were to say that the "average" order from KnC is 400GH/s, for the sake of argument.  The queue depth is 26xx orders, as attested by several recent orders here.  Neglecting cancellations, etc - that's > 1PH/s (Peta-hash) shipping in just a few months from one company?  Insane!  Shocked

Yeah. Even if it's a bluff, it's welcome. Just to put some pressure to other companies like BitSyncom to speed up and deliver!
If they don't, then they will be knocked K.O. and everybody will want to refund and buy from Kncminer.
Others who delivers, but way too expensive like ACISMINER, will adjust their prices.

Competition is a blessing!
Activity: 203
The law of the universe!
If I understand things correctly, these miners will feature one or two 55x55mm packages, each consuming ~500W of electric power and giving it off as heat. I can see a cooling problem there. Removing that amount of heat from such a concentrated area will require a sophisticated cooling solution.

Easier to add/modify better cooling than hundreds of tiny chips  Wink

thinking about liquid cooling or phase change.....  Roll Eyes
Activity: 389
Merit: 250
If buyers do not get paid in time. They want to get on the boat now. It is very unfair. They can not keep the tail. What are the advantages of first-time buyers who have helped the project?
Fair is their order is from 87 * lowest never.
Who wanted the device moved heaven and earth to pay. The did not wait now.

Thanks
Activity: 224
Newbie to this thread.

Quick question about pre orders.  Assuming I have a Unpaid pre-order from may and an unpaid pre order right now what would be the difference in terms of the position in line if i was to pay them both at the same time as of this moment

You are far beyond SOL. Your pre-order isn't worth anything now. You will be in the back of the line, just as if you ordered without pre-order today.
Activity: 116
Merit: 10
Newbie to this thread.

Quick question about pre orders.  Assuming I have a Unpaid pre-order from may and an unpaid pre order right now what would be the difference in terms of the position in line if i was to pay them both at the same time as of this moment
legendary
Activity: 952
Merit: 1000
100GHash per chip, 55x55mm  Shocked
I think they said chip instead of "board".
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=by-je8XRCdY

For those that need to know what a package is compared to the actual ASIC "Chip"
So their die is 55x55mm, and in that video they said their package would be 90x90mm, and I'm assuming the board would be much bigger than that.

HOLY BALLS!  Shocked Shocked Shocked
Activity: 407
If I understand things correctly, these miners will feature one or two 55x55mm packages, each consuming ~500W of electric power and giving it off as heat. I can see a cooling problem there. Removing that amount of heat from such a concentrated area will require a sophisticated cooling solution.

each consuing lower as 250 watt...thats less then a good graphic card
Activity: 367
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1008
So basically they won't give you a shipping que.. until you paid the order. But they will remove your order after 7 days? What's the point then. after 7 days you can reorder anyway.. or am I missing something?

The point is don't place an order unless you can pay. Why would they give people shipping priority over someone who paid immediately? Makes no sense.

I think they were talking about the famous "pre order" made on early april. From what i've understand they are giving another chance to those who didn't understand they had to convert those "pre order" to real one before june the 20th.
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1008
They also remove the reference to water cooling from the spec details. Last time i've checked, last week, it was still there
Activity: 294
So basically they won't give you a shipping que.. until you paid the order. But they will remove your order after 7 days? What's the point then. after 7 days you can reorder anyway.. or am I missing something?
Activity: 476
Merit: 266
Noticed the 30% increase from applying the ORSoC algorithms has been removed from the product information -- was the increase announced today the result of these?
No it was the result of the fact Jupiter is 250gh/a standard as they originally stated.
Great news today, but if you're correct, I'm wondering why they removed the algorithm reference from the product info... (assuming it was intentionally removed)

Bitcoinorama's version of it is that it's KnC making a correction on a mistake or because a "few people" he assumes weren't here from the start - as if that somehow changes KnC's accountable claims. I'd disagree with him in that regard and I'd wager this update is indeed a part of the 30% improvement they were claiming earlier.
Because a few people who weren't here from the start started complaining that if they don't get 30% on 350gh/s they would kick up a stink.
"....."
..sorry, but LOL. So THAT's why they removed it? Roll Eyes I don't remember seeing anyone say they would kick up a stink if it wasn't a 30% improvement, btw. The explanation you had provided in the "Magic Algo" thread wasn't anything but a backlog of irrelevant history and entirely lacking in actual definitive evidence. Too many assumptions, Bitcoinorama. Too many.
I know it still appears like the 30% isn't added, but it is.
..this statement I did very much enjoy, though.

Ok, enough from me about this. I'm done with it.

Same here, i was happy with175/350. Was hoping for an additional increase and here we have it.
15% is more than 0%, and just 15% away from 30%.  With a little luck, we migh just get to 30% by september.

Jump to: