Author

Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com - page 1996. (Read 3049501 times)

Activity: 336
Merit: 250
I punched in some numbers for the Jupiter and depending on delivery date... scarily enough, didn't even break even on Coinish's calculator. I threw in the 10% fee to approximate hosting + pool fee:

http://imgur.com/p5YrFkY

I suspect the 1.3% difficulty increase per day may not be sustainable... Anyone have any thoughts on this?

I have a question about the Coinish's calculator...   Does the Income after reduction include Break even or is it the income after you break even???  I would think ROI would be the amount you make AFTER you break even and pay off your Miner?HuhHuh  It has to be or else there is no point to buying any miners unless you can afford to get like 100 of them?Huh   Something is not adding up..

The cornish ROI calculation on Expert mode is Income over the planned time minus investment, power and pool fee's.

Activity: 196
Merit: 100
I punched in some numbers for the Jupiter and depending on delivery date... scarily enough, didn't even break even on Coinish's calculator. I threw in the 10% fee to approximate hosting + pool fee:

I suspect the 1.3% difficulty increase per day may not be sustainable... Anyone have any thoughts on this?

I have a question about the Coinish's calculator...   Does the Income after reduction include Break even or is it the income after you break even???  I would think ROI would be the amount you make AFTER you break even and pay off your Miner?HuhHuh  It has to be or else there is no point to buying any miners unless you can afford to get like 100 of them?Huh   Something is not adding up..
Activity: 574
Merit: 500

Activity: 420
Can someone tell me please if I order a miner now when would I get it? Tons of post here...  Grin Do we know the number of orders so far?

Any video or picture of a working unit?

Thanks!

The units don't exist yet, so there won't be a picture of them.  They won't be completed until (mid-late) September.

I placed another order last night and the order number was in the 2900's, the last update I remember seeing from KnC was that orders back in the 2500's were due to be shipped in October.  This makes me hopeful that orders placed now will still be shipped in October as well.

Only time will tell.

I see. Thanks for the info. If half of those orders are real, this is a huge hashrate increase. It seems I dont have an option, have to order mine.  Grin
Not all 2900 are paid orders I don't believe...
legendary
Activity: 2408
Merit: 1004
Why is so sure that 2900 orders is a lot of orders will be ship at October more possible I think is to ship at 2014
legendary
Activity: 994
Merit: 1000
Can someone tell me please if I order a miner now when would I get it? Tons of post here...  Grin Do we know the number of orders so far?

Thanks!

The units don't exist yet, so there won't be a picture of them.  They won't be completed until (mid-late) September.

I placed another order last night and the order number was in the 2900's, the last update I remember seeing from KnC was that orders back in the 2500's were due to be shipped in October.  This makes me hopeful that orders placed now will still be shipped in October as well.

Only time will tell.

Thanks!

Most likely in Q4 if things goes as planned.

Thank you!
Activity: 602

Thanks!

Most likely in Q4 if things goes as planned.

Thanks!

legendary
Activity: 938
LIR DEV
"Can you elaborate on "H = Hashrate purchase at diffchange"? I'm not sure I understand what you mean here. Perhaps you could plug in some hypothetical numbers to demonstrate?"

r1senfa17h

Every time the Difficulty level changes (about two weeks),
Say it went up 10%, you would need to purchase 10% more hashpower to keep up, and avoid a smaller return every time the Difficulty level increases. easy, eh?
Now add any BTC value decrease if any.
*Its a fairly aggressive formula, But is a minimum for continued non-diminishing returns.
Activity: 462
Firing it up
I can confirm that they actually have a real company registered in Sweden. Very nice! I guess we will finally have good options for EU customers.

This is the Swedish goverment page (sorry non nordics it is in Swedish i know)

http://www.allabolag.se/5568805823/Kennemar_och_Cole_AB

our VAT numnber is SE556880582301

Read bout the detail, Also the consultation group. See you soon
Activity: 226
Yes I have. With the combination of Fincen(The governing body of the U.S. Treasury)literally approving cryptocurrecies  http://www.fincen.gov/news_room/speech/pdf/20130613.pdf 
and the Bloomburg interview with David Marcus(CEO of both PayPal AND BitPay)
 http://www.bloomberg.com/video/we-re-our-biggest-competitor-paypal-s-marcus-hfD5bqHjSZaMOrEREga9Tw.html
   and here...
 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTZnkoaoV1I   
,as well as this article... http://tech.fortune.cnn.com/2013/05/23/why-paypal-is-bullish-on-bitcoin/

By the way.. I've come up with a simple(too simple almost) formula to succeed in Bitcoin without diminishing returs as a miner...
Where "S"= Success(non-diminishing returns),
"H"= Hashrate purchase at diffchange, and
"D" = Difficulty level percentage increase
S = H > D
that's it.
It of course does not include the dollar value of BTC. One could argue S = H > D + V if V > 0, when "V" is a % decrease in BTC dollar value.... but no need IMHO.
I could write an entire paper on why this will work, but it will. Hope this helps.

Thanks for the links, I hadn't seen this before - very interesting!

Can you elaborate on "H = Hashrate purchase at diffchange"? I'm not sure I understand what you mean here. Perhaps you could plug in some hypothetical numbers to demonstrate?
legendary
Activity: 938
LIR DEV
On the other hand, the moment Bitpay integrates with Paypal (may be very soon) we should experience a huge spike in BTC value, as demand rises.

Have u seen something specific on this? You make it sound like a given that it will happen...

we know btc ain't annoymous by itself..  but why would anyone want to attach so much information like paypal does just to use it?  And pay way more fees or course and they still wouldn't guarantee the buyer with chargebacks..

there is no chance that bitpay merges with paypal..  if it does, it won't be what bitpay was and someone else will take its place

perhaps bitpay branches out with some escrow options?

Yes I have. With the combination of Fincen(The governing body of the U.S. Treasury)literally approving cryptocurrecies  http://www.fincen.gov/news_room/speech/pdf/20130613.pdf 
and the Bloomburg interview with David Marcus(CEO of both PayPal AND BitPay)
 http://www.bloomberg.com/video/we-re-our-biggest-competitor-paypal-s-marcus-hfD5bqHjSZaMOrEREga9Tw.html
   and here...
 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTZnkoaoV1I   
,as well as this article... http://tech.fortune.cnn.com/2013/05/23/why-paypal-is-bullish-on-bitcoin/

By the way.. I've come up with a simple(too simple almost) formula to succeed in Bitcoin without diminishing returs as a miner...
Where "S"= Success(non-diminishing returns),
"H"= Hashrate purchase at diffchange, and
"D" = Difficulty level percentage increase
S = H > D
that's it.
It of course does not include the dollar value of BTC. One could argue S = H > D + V if V > 0, when "V" is a % decrease in BTC dollar value.... but no need IMHO.
I could write an entire paper on why this will work, but it will. Hope this helps.
Activity: 117
Merit: 10
I've been trying to find out what the refund policy is on pre-orders.  I was considering ordering a Saturn, but given ship dates won't be until October, I'd want to cancel the order if the difficulty is looking like it will be too great at that time (90M+)

Does anyone have direct knowledge of how kncminer deals with refund requests on pre-orders?

It was said that they would honor refunds up until the ship date but I can't remember where that was.  I just checked their site and couldn't find anything.

Bitcoinorama may have brought that back from his visit, I haven't checked that thread.

Their refund policy really should be added to the website.

Yes they have openly said they will honour refunds, I think they have said this in this thread. It's not been me stating this, although I do know that this is the case. Personally though if you intend to have cold feet and be be flakey I'd prefer you refund sooner, rather than later and muck everyone around. The guys mean well and competitor hashrate is out if their hands. They don't need mice jumping ship.

Mice will jump ship if ROI is impossible. That's part of the preorder game.

Did you get your question answers? regarding if the chip has been order and in production now? Grin
Have been following this chart for a while... so if KnC isn't profitable, then nothing else really is either? There's a lot of talk about the rate of difficulty increase that has me a little concerned about ROI. But right now, KnC is the best value hands down for hashing power. We'll see what else comes on the market and how difficulty rises.
Activity: 196
Activity: 462
we know btc ain't annoymous by itself..  but why would anyone want to attach so much information like paypal does just to use it?  And pay way more fees or course and they still wouldn't guarantee the buyer with chargebacks..

Actually, Paypal adding bitcoin as a funding option would be amazing for the bitcoin community.

Every site that currently accepts Paypal would instantly become a bitcoin accepting merchant.

User loads shopping cart, clicks pay by Paypal.
User is presented with Paypal login iFrame.
User logs in and selects bitcoin as payment option.
User is presented with address, sends bitcoin, transaction complete.

The above scenario a) completely legitimizes bitcoin and b) gives us all the ability to spend bitcoin on basically every worthwhile website in the world.

It's time to step out of the anti-establishment box and get out of the way of global acceptance.

*sorry for responding to an off-topic post*

you are a whiteboard, forget the details kind of big thinker right?

the devil is in the details in this one...
Activity: 602
Please release a smaller less expensive version Smiley

You could always do a groupbuy. But its good to have a heater for the winter also Smiley
legendary
Activity: 994
we know btc ain't annoymous by itself..  but why would anyone want to attach so much information like paypal does just to use it?  And pay way more fees or course and they still wouldn't guarantee the buyer with chargebacks..

Actually, Paypal adding bitcoin as a funding option would be amazing for the bitcoin community.

Every site that currently accepts Paypal would instantly become a bitcoin accepting merchant.

User loads shopping cart, clicks pay by Paypal.
User is presented with Paypal login iFrame.
User logs in and selects bitcoin as payment option.
User is presented with address, sends bitcoin, transaction complete.

The above scenario a) completely legitimizes bitcoin and b) gives us all the ability to spend bitcoin on basically every worthwhile website in the world.

It's time to step out of the anti-establishment box and get out of the way of global acceptance.

*sorry for responding to an off-topic post*
Jump to: