Author

Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com - page 2004. (Read 3049501 times)

Activity: 588
Merit: 500
100GHash per chip, 55x55mm  Shocked
Activity: 336
Merit: 250
"So it is with great pleasure that we can finally announce our Jupiter is now a 400 GH/s device and therefore Saturn is a 200 GH/s device."

Awesome News !! Smiley

This made my day. Please deliver on promise KNC.

Activity: 79
Merit: 10
Bringing new ASIC miners to life
All,

I would like to say that EVERYTHING that needs to be done at this point in time for a September delivery has indeed been done.
We are on track for delivery and we know of nothing currently to the contrary.

There is not a single part in our systems that has a longer delivery time than the time we still have available.

Yes that does imply that things that don’t need to be ordered yet have not been ordered. The reason behind that is we simply don’t need to order them yet, We do  have contracts with all suppliers we need to have contracts with Those contracts contain delivery times and the associated order dates by which we must confirm the amounts (and of course pay).

I hope this removes confusion

KnCMiner
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1001
Although the following suggests they have;

The performance increase that we can announce today is based on direct feedback from the chip manufacturer who have been working with us for some time now. They have come back to us confirming the performance improvements in our RTL code.
So it is with great pleasure that we can finally announce our Jupiter is now a 400 GH/s device and therefore Saturn is a 200 GH/s device.
We are now so far down the chip development path that we can safely reveal these figures. There will be further announcements from us about the chip manufacture soon, and we will keep you all informed of all progress

Power usage details

We have previously specified the power consumption of the Jupiter device at a 1000 watts. We have now received indication from our chip manufacturer that this may be lower.

No. The above does not suggest that. That's what you want to read in there because you are so over optimistic. They said they were discussing these things with the fabs way before taking money. They could still be waiting to raise enough funds for the production, while working on the specs with the manufacturer.

Dude they've got the funds. They have met NRE I know that. That much is; 1. Easy to work out., 2. Been confirmed. Sam has said NRE has been met.

If however you feel you want something specifically made clear, rather than getting worked up an by your own words, too emotionally involved, save yourself the aggro hoping they will read every post in the forum and email Sam direct. Then share your answer please...

+1. They aren't picking September for kicks - these guys have a plan. Also, they had at least 870 paid pre-orders alone - that comes out to $4.5M assuming that everyone only placed an order for 1 device. The math alone tells you they have the funds.

Anyway, I too would like to know if they have placed the order for the chips - like Bitcoinorama says, looking forward to seeing you share the respone.
Activity: 267
Learn to go against your mind
OMG That 100GH chip!
Activity: 532

The performance increase that we can announce today is based on direct feedback from the chip manufacturer who have been working with us for some time now. They have come back to us confirming the performance improvements in our RTL code.
So it is with great pleasure that we can finally announce our Jupiter is now a 400 GH/s device and therefore Saturn is a 200 GH/s device.
We are now so far down the chip development path that we can safely reveal these figures. There will be further announcements from us about the chip manufacture soon, and we will keep you all informed of all progress

Power usage details

We have previously specified the power consumption of the Jupiter device at a 1000 watts. We have now received indication from our chip manufacturer that this may be lower.

No. The above does not suggest that. That's what you want to read in there because you are so over optimistic. They said they were discussing these things with the fabs way before taking money. They could still be waiting to raise enough funds for the production, while working on the specs with the manufacturer.

Dude they've got the funds. They have met NRE I know that. That much is; 1. Easy to work out., 2. Been confirmed. Sam has said NRE has been met.

If however you feel you want something specifically made clear, rather than getting worked up an by your own words, too emotionally involved, save yourself the aggro hoping they will read every post in the forum and email Sam direct. Then share your answer please...
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

Power usage details

Having sold at the very least in the high 100s of both miners @ median price of over $5000 why would you think they have liquidity issues?

Because they said they needed $5,000,000 for the project.

I don't know what they really need, but I do know that 28nm is damn expensive.
Activity: 224
Merit: 100

Power usage details

Having sold at the very least in the high 100s of both miners @ median price of over $5000 why would you think they have liquidity issues?
legendary

Power usage details

adi
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
Go KnCMiner!!
legendary
W00T!...Shocked

Edit: You happy Rampion?? Grin

Are you ironic? Obviously I'm not satisfied. I'm a practical man. I don't have dreams about early delivery and I don't like wishful thinking. Because I try to use logic in my investments and I take my financial decisions rationally. And BTW, wet dreams about early delivery are just a blatant demonstration of impaired judgment due to over-emotionality, didn't you realize it?

TL;DR: All this will be very nice when the units will exist, hashing. At the moment, these are just words. Nice words, I give you that. But I need to know practical things. I need to know that the chip order is placed and when it will arrive to their facilities, in order to evaluate a) if they will be late and b) how much they will be late. Because in this business one month is an eternity, I guess you know it.

I really envy the optimism all of you have. I still do not see the answer to the important question:

Was the chip order placed? Do we have an ETA for the chips confirmed by the fab?

Again, all this "good news" are nice, but as this is a time sensitive project I would appreciate an update on the schedule. I need to know if they already placed the chips order and when they are going to receive. If the order is not placed yet, they will be late.

Dude please email this question to Sam direct; [email protected]

It makes no sense labouring about it here, if they are too busy to read the forum.

"The performance increase that we can announce today is based on direct feedback from the chip manufacturer who have been working with us for some time now. They have come back to us confirming the performance improvements in our RTL code.

Power usage details

We have previously specified the power consumption of the Jupiter device at a 1000 watts. We have now received indication from our chip manufacturer that this may be lower."
Activity: 406
"So it is with great pleasure that we can finally announce our Jupiter is now a 400 GH/s device and therefore Saturn is a 200 GH/s device."

Awesome News !! Smiley
legendary

I really envy the optimism all of you have. I still do not see the answer to the important question:

Was the chip order placed? Do we have an ETA for the chips confirmed by the fab?

Again, all this "good news" are nice, but as this is a time sensitive project I would appreciate an update on the schedule. I need to know if they already placed the chips order and when they are going to receive. If the order is not placed yet, they will be late.
W00T!...Shocked

Edit: You happy Rampion?? Grin
legendary

News update
Main PageNewsCommon

It’s time again for another newsletter from us. Today’s newsletter will have the following sections
Performance improvements to Jupiter and Saturn
Power usage
Unpaid orders
Lottery results
Queue position update

Performance improvements to Jupiter and Saturn

Here at KnCMiner we have always stated that the final performance of our machines has not been set in stone. We simply do not want to overpromise and then have to correct ourselves later.

Power usage details

This is where we need to refer you to our statement of under promise and over deliver.
So until you hear from us again on this, we would like to reaffirm that Jupiter will be less than 1000 watts and Saturn less than 500 watts.

Unpaid orders

There has been some confusion about our ordering process. While we may admit that the pre-order registration, 7 day payment window, and even the wording on our site have added to the confusion.

We would like to make it clear that orders which are not paid will not be given a place in the shipping queue until they are successfully paid for.
All orders are kept in your account history and we have not removed any active (New) orders. We will shortly begin removing any unpaid orders from our system if they remain unpaid for more than 7 days.

So for those of you that have been confused by the order/queue/payment process. You will have a few more days to pay for your orders before they are removed. If you have any concerns on this please email us at [email protected]

Lottery results

The lottery has now been drawn. The winners have been announced, with their permission on our webpage www.kncminer.com.

Queue position update

We know you have all been waiting for the shipping queue position update and over the next few days we will be adding a comment to your orders which will give you the day that your boxes will be made, tested and shipped.
For example Day 1/Day 2/Day 3. This will indicate how far from the start of shipping your order will dispatched. This update will not apply to new orders and will only apply to the orders which were based on pre-order registration. All other orders will be dispatched in the order of payment.

Chip Progress report

The more technical audience amongst our customers have been asking for a lot details on the chips we will use. The information we have available to you today is that Jupiter will be a 4 chip design and Saturn a 2 chip design.
This means that we can achieve a minimum of 100GH/s per chip. Which we think most people will agree, puts us far ahead of our current competitors.
Our ASIC package selection has been optimized, allowing the use of a smaller package. The selected package is a 55mm x 55mm HFCBGA package (2046 ball count), optimized for maximum thermal characteristics.

Further news

We are still on track to meet our deadlines of shipping the first boxes in September. We will be providing regular updates in newsletters here and on our site. www.kncminer.com so keep checking regularly so you don’t miss out on any updates.
Thanks
KnCMiner team
Activity: 602
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1008
I initiated a PayPal "eCheck" payment on Sunday night, and as of this morning (Wednesday) my order status on KnC's site has changed to "Paid", so perhaps the PayPal thing is hit or miss right now.

All I know is Paypal is not a big fan of the continent of Asia, big ticket items that aren't paid from verified credit cards with product delivery to their exact billing address, or irregular payment history.

These were all teething issues KnC had, and presumably Terrahash is having right now.
Activity: 574
I initiated a PayPal "eCheck" payment on Sunday night, and as of this morning (Wednesday) my order status on KnC's site has changed to "Paid", so perhaps the PayPal thing is hit or miss right now.
Jump to: