Author

Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com - page 2003. (Read 3049501 times)

Activity: 83
Merit: 10
Noticed the 30% increase from applying the ORSoC algorithms has been removed from the product information -- was the increase announced today the result of these?
No it was the result of the fact Jupiter is 250gh/a standard as they originally stated.
Great news today, but if you're correct, I'm wondering why they removed the algorithm reference from the product info... (assuming it was intentionally removed)

Bitcoinorama's version of it is that it's KnC making a correction on a mistake or because a "few people" he assumes weren't here from the start - as if that somehow changes KnC's accountability to claims. I'd disagree with him in that regard and I'd wager this update is indeed a part of the 30% improvement they were claiming earlier.
Because a few people who weren't here from the start started complaining that if they don't get 30% on 350gh/s they would kick up a stink.
"....."
..sorry, but LOL. So THAT's why they removed it? Roll Eyes I don't remember seeing anyone say they would kick up a stink if it wasn't a 30% improvement, btw. The explanation you had provided in the "Magic Algo" thread wasn't anything but a backlog of irrelevant history and entirely lacking in actual definitive evidence. Too many assumptions, Bitcoinorama. Too many.
I know it still appears like the 30% isn't added, but it is.
..this statement I did very much enjoy, though.

Ok, enough from me about this. I'm done with it.
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
If KnC were BFL, pre-orders would only be entitled to 350 Gh/s while new orders would get an increased price and 400 Gh/s. Smiley

+1  Now that is true.
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1001
Now I'm little confused, but not worried..

isn't it 175GH/s + 30% = 225GH/s and 350GH/s + 30% = 455GH/s
and isn't the Saturn is rated at 200GH/s and the Jupiter is rated at 400GH/s now?

or have I missed something Huh

Command man, the answer is JUST two post above yours. You can do it.

If KnC were BFL, pre-orders would only be entitled to 350 Gh/s while new orders would get an increased price and 400 Gh/s. Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1012
Still wild and free

and isn't the Saturn is rated at 200GH/s and the Jupiter is rated at 400GH/s now?

Command man, the answer is JUST two post above yours. You can do it.
1.21 GIGA WATTS

Activity: 742
Wow, I am getting more and more interested in KncMiner. They seem to be saying and doing all the right things.

If they can delivery on their claims in September, and do a decent job of keeping up with demand, they will be the new gold standard in Bitcoin mining hardware.

In their defence, they at the open day, actually said, "they intend to set the gold standard...", with respect to Bitcoin hardware, fed up seeing a lack of professionalism this far. So let's see...

They want to be in this for the long haul and this means behaving in the best interest for Bitcoin and those that support and use it.

I am rooting for them and really hope they can pull it off. Delivering 28 nm ASIC chips in September that hash at 100 GH/s per chip and use less than 250 watts sounds too good to be true and is light years ahead of their competition.
Activity: 532

Noticed the 30% increase from applying the ORSoC algorithms has been removed from the product information -- was the increase announced today the result of these?

No it was the result of the fact Jupiter is 250gh/a standard as they originally stated.

Great news today, but if you're correct, I'm wondering why they removed the algorithm reference from the product info... (assuming it was intentionally removed)

Because a few people who weren't here from the start started complaining that if they don't get 30% on 350gh/s they would kick up a stink.

250gh/s + 30% = 325gh/s

400gh/s = 60% on top of 250gh/s

Still some won't have followed the story unfold and will undoubtedly be upset and claim that's not enough. Go figure...

I'm impressed.

Wow, I am getting more and more interested in KncMiner. They seem to be saying and doing all the right things.

If they can delivery on their claims in September, and do a decent job of keeping up with demand, they will be the new gold standard in Bitcoin mining hardware.

In their defence, they at the open day, actually said, "they intend to set the gold standard...", with respect to Bitcoin hardware, fed up seeing a lack of professionalism this far. So let's see...

They want to be in this for the long haul and this means behaving in the best interest for Bitcoin and those that support and use it.
legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090
Maybe they will even end up with two new products once they see the actual chips: one-chip Saturns and two-chip Jupiters, made from chips that had very low bad-engine rates! Smiley Cheesy

(Total wild optimism speculation that of course just to stir the pot, but think about it, just how many bad engines per chip are they allowing for?)

On the other hand maybe the die is so massively huge that the number of bad engines per die will tend to average out to much the same for the majority of the dies...

-MarkM-
Activity: 742

legendary
I expect they have lots of wiggle room. Lots. They upgraded the expected hashes per chip already but it seems likely even the current figures are based on worst case yields, for example.

Basically I suspect they are still underpromising and still have plenty - lots - of room still to overdeliver, maybe by surprising amounts.

-MarkM-
1.21 GIGA WATTS
EDIT. I was writing this post when another 10 or more posts came from nowhere. Well still relevant post..   Undecided

Because in this business one month is an eternity, I guess you know it.
you are very right with statement above, and even thou I'm optimistic also (and I'm a newbie), I can calculate and use online calculators to know September would be the sweet spot where ROI is still possible. That's with difficulty rise of 1.3% a day as used by http://www.coinish.com/calc/# in expert mode.
and also I'm pretty sure that the designers/manufacturers would roughly guesstimate when their machines will or will not return ROI. 

So my thoughts of the guys running KnC is that they are fully aware and probably aren't gonna have a good night sleep till they make their customers happy.  I feel these guy's like to have a great relationship with their customers, unlike many other companies I've been reading on this forum.

I've also learn't reading on these forums, is that most of these investments in 'mining share' and 'mining hardware' are risky and longer you wait for certainties the more of a chance you will miss the boat.

any way... Thanks for the great news KnC, Cheers  Wink

legendary
Thanks. I kind of suspected they weren't going to be building Saturns out of two marginal-cost-$2.00-chips and Jupiters from four such chips so thought I should bring that up. Smiley

(Though even so, once prices go marginal, difficulty seems likely to be skyrocketing maybe way beyond people's previous worst nightmares! Smiley)

-MarkM-
Just because various posts around these forums claim from time to time that actual marginal cost per chip of ASIC chips tends to be in the $0.50 to $2.00 per chip range...

...Are such claims thinking of much smaller-area chips than these? Or could large chips like these be where the extreme high end - the $2.00 per chip - comes in?

Or maybe would a better guestimate include an area to begin with, like "marginal cost for ASIC chips tends to be in the range of $0.50 to $2.00 per 25 square millimeters" or somesuch?

-MarkM-

No that quote is mine and it's from the book ASIC Basics. It's a figure from 2005 and will apply to Avalon and ASICminers chips, not custom 28nm...that's expensive, and Sam told me ff on the open day about that. Wink

In effect KnC are putting multiple engines in one massive die, and hoping a higher proportion work!
legendary
Just because various posts around these forums claim from time to time that actual marginal cost per chip of ASIC chips tends to be in the $0.50 to $2.00 per chip range...

...Are such claims thinking of much smaller-area chips than these? Or could large chips like these be where the extreme high end - the $2.00 per chip - comes in?

Or maybe would a better guestimate include an area to begin with, like "marginal cost for ASIC chips tends to be in the range of $0.50 to $2.00 per 25 square millimeters" or somesuch?

-MarkM-
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018
Yes that does imply that things that don’t need to be ordered yet have not been ordered. The reason behind that is we simply don’t need to order them yet, We do  have contracts with all suppliers we need to have contracts with Those contracts contain delivery times and the associated order dates by which we must confirm the amounts (and of course pay).

OK, so everything is on track but the chips are not ordered yet, as the amount to be paid is not clear yet - is this correct?
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1012
Still wild and free
100GHash per chip, 55x55mm  Shocked

I think they said chip instead of "board".
Jump to: