Author

Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com - page 2050. (Read 3049499 times)

legendary
Activity: 1988
Merit: 1012
Beyond Imagination
I tried to place a saturn pre-order ($3795), when I reached the final stage before payment, the price becomes $4743, a VAT of 25% is added to the final price

Did anyone else noticed this? I suppose that as an international buyer, you are not always required to pay VAT (especially if you select hosting service without shipping), but now I'm in sweden I have to pay VAT for sure  Undecided

(I'm taking the chance and join the first 48 hour buyer, so if no one buys I will for sure get one jupiter + one saturn  Grin )

I guess your 85gh/s Avalon Asic help a lot.. have the feeling that they want everyone to buy within 48 hour to entitled to the lucky draw because the open day could end up either way.

Actually I prefer to pay after I had a look at their open day tomorrow and make an assessment of their ASIC delivery speed, but this lottery really made it difficult. I don't understand why don't they make it after the open day. And I'm not sure the exact starting time of that lottery, maybe it is still not late to pay after the open day
legendary
Beyond Imagination

They are targeted as money laundering terrorists Cheesy
Activity: 242
Merit: 250
Yes, and they said that bank wires are OK, but I placed an order yesterday with bank wire as they payment option and I haven't received the bank account details yet.

Has someone received the bank account details? if so, can you share it here please?

Activity: 407
My account states the following:

Customer group: 1-500 customers

Does this mean that I have a pre-order? I thought I ordered a product but do not see 1 in my history although my accounts states that I"m in the customer group 1-500 whatever that may be

Where can show your account is in the customer group 1-500?
My account does not show the information.

i can only repeat me. SEE FOR THIS QUESTION ON MY SELL THREAD!!!!
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/sold-3-knc-miner-pre-order-golden-ticket-useable-for-allready-made-payment-228174

There are screenshots!
Activity: 406
I tried to place a saturn pre-order ($3795), when I reached the final stage before payment, the price becomes $4743, a VAT of 25% is added to the final price

Did anyone else noticed this? I suppose that as an international buyer, you are not always required to pay VAT (especially if you select hosting service without shipping), but now I'm in sweden I have to pay VAT for sure  Undecided

(I'm taking the chance and join the first 48 hour buyer, so if no one buys I will for sure get one jupiter + one saturn  Grin )

I guess your 85gh/s Avalon Asic help a lot.. have the feeling that they want everyone to buy within 48 hour to entitled to the lucky draw because the open day could end up either way.
Do I understand this correctly - the queue place will be based on pre-order number and not the actual Order # (from 'Order history')?

Yes you are correct
Activity: 280
My account states the following:

Customer group: 1-500 customers

Does this mean that I have a pre-order? I thought I ordered a product but do not see 1 in my history although my accounts states that I"m in the customer group 1-500 whatever that may be

Where can show your account is in the customer group 1-500?
My account does not show the information.
Activity: 630
Merit: 500
Order in Algeria and go to pick up in Stockholm, no vat Smiley
If you're a consumer and are going to 'pick up' your purchase in Stockholm, they must charge you the VAT.
Activity: 81
Merit: 10
Order in Algeria and go to pick up in Stockholm, no vat Smiley

I know for France it's forbidden to charge vat at another country, legally this have to be paid when the product return in France.

Get informations for your country.
legendary
Beyond Imagination

(I'm taking the chance and join the first 48 hour buyer, so if no one buys I will for sure get one jupiter + one saturn  Grin )
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060
Boycott!
Activity: 81
Merit: 10
Hello everyones,

I'm not a very old member and not very active on the forums, we're 2 peoples acting by read a lot from bitcoin community and hardware mining devices and we was waiting a lot about KNC offer. We was ready to get 2 Jupiter devices ($14,000), but as I explained to KNC by mail, it's a big investment that we do not want to do before to see them in person, their team and work they can furnish.

With all of this said, we just received last newsletter and we learned that the initial product disappeared.
We see a low-res video showing that (disappearing) product with FPGA (not ASIC), two of the peoples behind the concept and nice publicity in back of them. We do not see clearly with details their device and laptop screen on the right.
We learned Open days are for later (that was not scheduled like that), that we can pre-order and pay since now for a future product development that will come in few month and learn about a *lottery* if we pay in the two days since the newsletter.

All of this don't meet the completion of our requirements for invest with them clearly, I learned a long time ago to never invest on "wind". And this is clearly "wind" here that we are talking about.

It's true Orsoc looks like to be a *quite* old company, that the guys comes from opencores, ..., websites with big community but That's not good enough!

Sadly, we decided to do not invest and encourage anyones here to do the same. However, for those who want to trust their offer, feel free to use our *reservation* line number and play the lottery instead of our position.

There is too many companies all over the world, half trust-able from that, where there was problems with customers and disappeared with the money when the first problem have been encountered.

I hope peoples ordered and paid already will have their rights for what they have asked.

Sincerely yours.

3Ky.

Do I understand this correctly - the queue place will be based on pre-order number and not the actual Order # (from 'Order history')?

thats right...see my sell thread
Activity: 50
Merit: 0
Activity: 700
With regards to consumer protection, would it be better to pay an order with bank wire of PayPal?

credit card or paypal is better

Why is that?

Anyway is just 20 hours away to hear some exciting news ...

Are you referring to the "Openday" on Wednesday?
With regards to consumer protection, would it be better to pay an order with bank wire of PayPal?

credit card or paypal is better

Anyway is just 20 hours away to hear some exciting news ...
Activity: 700
KS
Activity: 448
Just reposting this from the openday thread:

I took the liberty and quoted the following from PL from a BFL thread:

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=p/gen/terms-outside#user_responsibilities

Part 4

Prohibited Transactions. You agree that you will not use PayPal to accept payment for illegal products or services, including but not limited to materials that infringe the intellectual property rights of third parties. You will not use the Service, the PayPal website or any of the services offered therein for any unlawful or fraudulent activity. If PayPal (or Wells Fargo, in connection with processing credit card transactions) has reason to believe that you may be engaging in or have engaged in fraudulent, unlawful, or improper activity, including without limitation any violation of any terms and conditions of this Agreement, your access to the Service may be suspended or terminated. Further, if such behavior involved a MasterCard or VISA credit card transaction, it may result in you/your business being prevented from registering for payment acceptance through any payment provider or directly with any bank acquirer operating under license to either the MasterCard or VISA card associations. You will cooperate fully with PayPal Wells Fargo, MasterCard or VISA to investigate any suspected unlawful, fraudulent or improper activity, including but not limited to granting authorized PayPal representatives "guest" or "member" access to any password-protected portions of your website.

You also agree not to use your PayPal account to sell goods with delivery dates delayed more than 20 days from the date of payment, or to sell securities, business opportunities, franchises or multi-level marketing or goods with delivery delayed more than 20 days from the date of payment. You agree not to impersonate a PayPal User or a PayPal representative, or to request that a PayPal customer provide you with their password or other information to access their account.

=================

Highlights for pointing out the obvious...

Sorry what's the point?! I rang Paypal and Barclaycard earlier and they were cool. PayPal covers the first 45 days, Barclaycard takes over after. I was surprised, but they do. I even recorded the fraud dept lady so I have future proof. I asked twice as I was under the impression it ccard consumer protection was negated when using
PayPal, but my card company says they are happy for me to proceed.

EDIT: I've just seen the thread you pulled that from; the BFL bulk chip thread. I had already given my above advice about calling my CCard company and that people shoild call their card company and do their due diligence. PLibre who you 'took the liberty of quoting from a BFL thread' had already acknowledged and agreed with me about CCard chargebacks. If you want to help do some real research or at least read the rest of the thread you were quoting from.

Just to let you know chargebacks and equal liability are two different things. Equal Liability is section 75 of the consumer credit act and gives you legal protection. Chargebacks are not legally binding, you are relying on the good will of the card issuer so if your claim is refused you cannot take them to court.

Chargebacks only work IF there is money to be reclaimed. Your card issuer will petition the bank of the offending company. If the company has spent the money and gone bust your chargeback will fail. Paypal is not covered by chargebacks. Your CC company MAY petition paypal for a chargeback, they may not. You will have to go to the financial ombudsman to resolve any disputes.

I really wouldn't take anything a call centre employee told me as gospel. They are notoriously bad at knowing the law. She may be fired for misleading you but you won't get your money back.

Under section 75 you have legal protection for up to six years but third party entities are not covered.

BTW if you are trying to mitigate tax by buying through a company I would presume you would need a company credit card. These are not covered by the Consumer credit act. For more info read these

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/shopping/section75-protect-your-purchases
http://www.adviceguide.org.uk/england/consumer_e/consumer_different_ways_of_buying_e/consumer_buying_goods_and_services_on_credit_or_by_debit_card_e/consumer_extra_protection_when_you_buy_on_credit_or_debit_card_e/extra_protection_when_you_buy_with_a_credit_card.htm

TD;LR. I would be very wary about using anything other than direct credit card transactions for any money you aren't prepared to take a punt with. If you think you have any meaningful protection any other way, think again.
Jump to: