Author

Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com - page 2052. (Read 3049499 times)

legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 1083
Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile
So they really started collecting money even before the open day? And they didnt want to show a working asic at open day, only a FPGA, something everyone can buy already. And then they give away miner as a lottery? Creepy... those are points where i will step aside. I only invest in projects where i dont have the slightest doubt now anymore. And it worked out. I hope you arent scammed but i have too much doubts now even more.
Activity: 742
Merit: 500

And from the sounds of it they may make an extra buck by selling queue spots on the side:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/kncminer-sell-order-221312

No one needs to know for sure...  except that the smell is intense.
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000
I owe my soul to the Bitcoin code...
So it is BFL all over again.  Nope that's a pass.
Activity: 630
They HAVE to state that because they will only give a 1 year warranty. The EU mandates the seller (even if you're just a mom and pop shop and not the OEM/maker) to give private customers (=not business) a *2* year warranty.
3 years in Sweden.
Does that apply to businesses too?
No. Consumers only.
KS
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
They HAVE to state that because they will only give a 1 year warranty. The EU mandates the seller (even if you're just a mom and pop shop and not the OEM/maker) to give private customers (=not business) a *2* year warranty.
3 years in Sweden.

Does that apply to businesses too?
legendary
Activity: 1988
Merit: 1012
Beyond Imagination
Already more than 300 people watched that video
Activity: 535
1.2   The Products are sold for business use only and Purchaser hereby accepts that it has purchased the Products in order to conduct a business.

I don't have a business.
How can I get a Miner?

I guess it is a way to get around some Swedish consumer laws:
http://translate.google.se/translate?sl=sv&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=sv&ie=UTF-8&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.konsumentverket.se%2Flagar--regler%2Flagar%2Fkonsumentkoplagen%2F&act=url

Can I Order On product or need I my own campany for that?
Activity: 61
Merit: 10
1.2   The Products are sold for business use only and Purchaser hereby accepts that it has purchased the Products in order to conduct a business.

I don't have a business.
How can I get a Miner?

I guess it is a way to get around some Swedish consumer laws:
http://translate.google.se/translate?sl=sv&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=sv&ie=UTF-8&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.konsumentverket.se%2Flagar--regler%2Flagar%2Fkonsumentkoplagen%2F&act=url
Activity: 630
3 years in Sweden.
Activity: 351

I don't have a business.
How can I get a Miner?

Depending on your country... you probably do have a business - It's called a sole proprietorship.
KS
Activity: 448

I don't have a business.
How can I get a Miner?

This is so fucked up on so many levels. They're such a bunch of amateurs.
Activity: 535
1.2   The Products are sold for business use only and Purchaser hereby accepts that it has purchased the Products in order to conduct a business.

I don't have a business.
How can I get a Miner?
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
jersey 4 life !!!
since the new knminer video, i am not sure about giving several k´s of dollars in forward to those non-looking-like-hardware-devs dudes. after the vid i was shocked&shattered to the ground S:  
Activity: 13
Merit: 0
My account states the following:

Customer group: 1-500 customers

Does this mean that I have a pre-order? I thought I ordered a product but do not see 1 in my history although my accounts states that I"m in the customer group 1-500 whatever that may be
Activity: 263
Merit: 280
I have a preorder for a Saturn. Before checking out, I have sent them an email asking for the delivery date. I will post the answer (if any) in this thread.
Activity: 742
 Roll Eyes

8. Delivery Terms

8.1  The Products are delivered EXW (Incoterms 2010) to the delivery address specified by the Purchaser, unless otherwise agreed. The delivery date is provided for information purposes only and shall not be binding on KnCMiner. The Purchaser is not entitled to refuse acceptance of the Products, withdraw, cancel or revoke the order or make claims for compensation due to any delayed delivery.

8.2  Where delivery is delayed due to any of the circumstances constituting force majeure in accordance with 11 below or due to any act or omission by the Purchaser, the delivery period shall be extended by such a period as is reasonable in light of the circumstances.  The delivery period shall also be extended where the cause of the delay arises after the expiry of the originally agreed delivery period.

8.3  If the delivery is prevented due to the Purchaser’s negligent acts or omissions, the risk for the Products shall pass to the Purchaser on the date when the Products were ready for delivery. In case of any damage to delivered Products and/or its packaging, the Purchaser is solely responsible for making any reservation or claim for compensation in relation to the relevant appropriate logistics/freight company.

This is the largest issue for me. This product is only viable if it is delivered in a timely fashion. If it is not delivered in a timely fashion we stand to lose thousands of dollars. I just don't know if I can pull the trigger on this. . . .

The other risk to consider, and it's not a small one, is the value of BTC crashing. If you purchase a miner for 7k in fiat, and it mines BTC that is only worth a fraction of what it is now, ROI could be difficult. One could mitigate this risk by paying with BTC assuming they already have it and don't have to buy it first.

I bet most of us are bullish on the value of BTC or else we wouldn't be mining, but it's still something to consider.
Activity: 215
Merit: 100
  Roll Eyes

8. Delivery Terms

8.1  The Products are delivered EXW (Incoterms 2010) to the delivery address specified by the Purchaser, unless otherwise agreed. The delivery date is provided for information purposes only and shall not be binding on KnCMiner. The Purchaser is not entitled to refuse acceptance of the Products, withdraw, cancel or revoke the order or make claims for compensation due to any delayed delivery.

8.2  Where delivery is delayed due to any of the circumstances constituting force majeure in accordance with 11 below or due to any act or omission by the Purchaser, the delivery period shall be extended by such a period as is reasonable in light of the circumstances.  The delivery period shall also be extended where the cause of the delay arises after the expiry of the originally agreed delivery period.

8.3  If the delivery is prevented due to the Purchaser’s negligent acts or omissions, the risk for the Products shall pass to the Purchaser on the date when the Products were ready for delivery. In case of any damage to delivered Products and/or its packaging, the Purchaser is solely responsible for making any reservation or claim for compensation in relation to the relevant appropriate logistics/freight company.

This is the largest issue for me. This product is only viable if it is delivered in a timely fashion. If it is not delivered in a timely fashion we stand to lose thousands of dollars. I just don't know if I can pull the trigger on this. . . .
Activity: 35
Merit: 0
  Roll Eyes

8. Delivery Terms

8.1  The Products are delivered EXW (Incoterms 2010) to the delivery address specified by the Purchaser, unless otherwise agreed. The delivery date is provided for information purposes only and shall not be binding on KnCMiner. The Purchaser is not entitled to refuse acceptance of the Products, withdraw, cancel or revoke the order or make claims for compensation due to any delayed delivery.

8.2  Where delivery is delayed due to any of the circumstances constituting force majeure in accordance with 11 below or due to any act or omission by the Purchaser, the delivery period shall be extended by such a period as is reasonable in light of the circumstances.  The delivery period shall also be extended where the cause of the delay arises after the expiry of the originally agreed delivery period.

8.3  If the delivery is prevented due to the Purchaser’s negligent acts or omissions, the risk for the Products shall pass to the Purchaser on the date when the Products were ready for delivery. In case of any damage to delivered Products and/or its packaging, the Purchaser is solely responsible for making any reservation or claim for compensation in relation to the relevant appropriate logistics/freight company.
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1001
Heh. You should start a ASIC-dream manufacturing company. They nearly all end up being successful, from the seller's POV.
Jump to: