Author

Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com - page 2051. (Read 3049499 times)

Activity: 82
Merit: 10
Hmmm.  According to them, they will honor the transfer of queue position.  See here:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.2333096

https://www.kncminer.com/pages/tandc

13.3 Confidentiality

13.3.1  The Purchaser undertakes not to reveal information which the Purchaser receives from KnCMiner and which are KnCMiner trade secrets or otherwise of such nature that it may be considered as confidential information to any third party. This undertaking shall apply during the term of the agreement and thereafter. The Purchaser further undertakes to take necessary measures to prevent confidential information from being disclosed to third parties by the Purchaser’s employees or contractors.

So much for the transferring of queue position, for that information is ONLY privy to the original purchaser that CAN'T be be transferred to a third party.
legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570
Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

13.3 Confidentiality

13.3.1  The Purchaser undertakes not to reveal information which the Purchaser receives from KnCMiner and which are KnCMiner trade secrets or otherwise of such nature that it may be considered as confidential information to any third party. This undertaking shall apply during the term of the agreement and thereafter. The Purchaser further undertakes to take necessary measures to prevent confidential information from being disclosed to third parties by the Purchaser’s employees or contractors.

So much for the transferring of queue position, for that information is ONLY privy to the original purchaser that CAN'T be be transferred to a third party.

3. Prices

3.1   The Products are sold at the prices prevailing on the day of order according to the KnCMiner price list at that time. Applicable prices do not include taxes, customs or other applicable costs. The Purchaser is solely liable to pay all taxes, customs or other applicable costs related to purchase of the Products.

That negates the entire VAT conversation in this thread. Even I was convinced that it was included in the price.
legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570
Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending
the TandC..  yeah they call it that is creepy as all fuck

of course no link to this until you are just about to finish purchase

anyone else see red flags on this?  The part of the delivery delays which can't trigger cancelation of orders/refunds.. etc and worse like Force Majeure

11. Force Majeure

11.1 KnCMiner is exempted from fulfilling its obligations under this Agreement and is entitled to cancel the Purchaser’s confirmed orders without any liability,

And the page is purposely protected from Google robots. Why the fuck would they do that? That was a conscience decision.

The Products are sold for business use only and Purchaser hereby accepts that it has purchased the Products in order to conduct a business.

If not, what? You keep the money?

Are you telling me that a hobbyist is forbidden from ordering? How about a collector of Bitcoin mining rigs?

Seriously, this fuckin' line doesn't even need to be included.

Now, why isn't this page allowed to be indexed by Google or archive.org?
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
I'm sure KNCMINER reads this thread. So what can you all show us today that makes these machines likely to be here in September? Can we get OrSoc to issue a press release stating what phase of chip and board development they are on? I would prefer to hear something from them as I trust their reputation.

Bro, lets hope they read this thread Grin we want proof and proof and re-assurance and reassurance by way we also want guarantee by September 2013 or else a no questions ask full refund at the discretion of the Buyer.

you sir have not read their TandC

We don't need to read their T & C because we have our own T&C for them and that is Proof
legendary
Activity: 994
Merit: 1000
Either buy or don't.  Making demands makes no sense whatsoever.  Does Microsoft listen?  Does Google?  This is a company that is making a product, you are a customer that can choose to purchase it.  That's the extent of your relationship.

Activity: 462
Merit: 250
I'm sure KNCMINER reads this thread. So what can you all show us today that makes these machines likely to be here in September? Can we get OrSoc to issue a press release stating what phase of chip and board development they are on? I would prefer to hear something from them as I trust their reputation.

Bro, lets hope they read this thread Grin we want proof and proof and re-assurance and reassurance by way we also want guarantee by September 2013 or else a no questions ask full refund at the discretion of the Buyer.

you sir have not read their TandC

Activity: 215
Merit: 100
legendary
Activity: 1775
Merit: 1032
Value will be measured in sats
i thought the whole point of releasing the FPGA was to build up trust....i just don't know anymore. Giving up 7K for something that *might* be delivered in september.....damn i would of preferred buying the Mars first and then i would at least feel more confident once they had delivered on that!

anyone else see red flags on this?  The part of the delivery delays which can't trigger cancelation of orders/refunds.. etc and worse like Force Majeure

11. Force Majeure

11.1 KnCMiner is exempted from fulfilling its obligations under this Agreement and is entitled to cancel the Purchaser’s confirmed orders without any liability,

If they cancel they must refund your payment. Would they give us more payment methods like instalments and reservation fee or booking fee before product delivery. Many have order late and don't know when the products will deliver. Now we don't get to see a prototype of the Jupiter or Mars and they want our Money??

11. Force Majeure

Activity: 406
We should see a working prototype of the JUpiter and Saturn Asic Miners before taking orders, now is like no proof except the Mars FPGA which there aren't selling..
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
The lottery thing might denote simply financial distress so they need to get money in as fast as possible at the cost of reputation. However that doesn't sound promising either...

Ideally in the business world this is usually when the company then offers an IPO/attract investors to finance the company not ask for pre-order money...

They could do, don't think this isn't happening with private equity. You'll know it when it hits the hashrate and unlikely to before. Yifu said so. This is the biggest risk to Bitcoin currently.

KnC for the same reasons as Avalon want to kickstart it with the community and decentralise. It's a better, longer payoff for them as well.
legendary
Activity: 2772
Merit: 1028
Duelbits.com
Bitcoin companies love preorders thing  Grin
The lottery thing might denote simply financial distress so they need to get money in as fast as possible at the cost of reputation. However that doesn't sound promising either...

Ideally in the business world this is usually when the company then offers an IPO/attract investors to finance the company not ask for pre-order money...
legendary
Activity: 1450
Merit: 1013
Cryptanalyst castrated by his government, 1952
I didn't like the feel of this one for quite a while, and yet... I'm pulled... moth to flame. Hehe - I've got a BFL order outstanding too, just this close to shipping, I'm told.

Fool me once? Opportunity knocking? Hero or goat? Obvious ripoff? Chance of a lifetime? Stick 'em with some fiat before the bottom falls out? Part with my precious BTC?

I'll sleep on it. Isn't life just about the weirdest thing you've ever done?
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022
Anarchy is not chaos.

Sounded more like PR to me. Get a few working models out there for the world to see. Not sure it's a good idea, but it's certainly bold.
Activity: 532

How can they be in financial distress? They've built an FPGA and have no overheads yet.

More likely a bit of a silly PR move to get funds together to place a significant chip order that's required ASAP.

In any case it's silly as it's pre openday and they should have held back taking funds until after the open day, unless their schedule is that tight.

They have delayed the openday by almost two weeks though...
Activity: 742
Activity: 644
So they really started collecting money even before the open day? And they didnt want to show a working asic at open day, only a FPGA, something everyone can buy already. And then they give away miner as a lottery? Creepy... those are points where i will step aside. I only invest in projects where i dont have the slightest doubt now anymore. And it worked out. I hope you arent scammed but i have too much doubts now even more.

Like I said before I won't buy one till it's a working unit.
Jump to: