Author

Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com - page 2058. (Read 3049499 times)

legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018
it's been discussed countless times but there's going to be at least a tripling of hashrate before these units would arrive, maybe even 5x or higher (~262 TH/sec total from asicminer, and ~220 Th/sec from avalon chips, plus avalon batch units, plus whatever else)

Triple is nothing. At the current price/GHs you would do a HUGE profit with a Jupiter if the difficulty only went x3 by the moment you get it.

As it's scheduled for September/October, I would consider a difficulty of at least 70 million, and then an increase of at least x100 in the following 12 months (and I wouldn't be surprised by x300...)

If then diff. is any lower than that, better for everybody, but running simulations with anything lower 70m in October and x100 increase in the following 12 months is just absurd wishful thinking IMO.
Activity: 322
Merit: 250
it's been discussed countless times but there's going to be at least a tripling of hashrate before these units would arrive, maybe even 5x or higher (~262 TH/sec total from asicminer, and ~220 Th/sec from avalon chips, plus avalon batch units, plus whatever else)
Activity: 367
ROI is not going to be so good either. Prepare for a big jump in difficulty.

I think it's safe to assume we'll be hitting the 30% / 2016 block increase maximum for the foreseeable future.  At least that makes forecasting ROI easier ;-)

Will it really? If the 2016 blocks take one week instead of two, we can have 30% difficulty increases every week, or 69% every two weeks.
legendary
Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

I think it's safe to assume we'll be hitting the 30% / 2016 block increase maximum for the foreseeable future.  At least that makes forecasting ROI easier ;-)
Activity: 546
Merit: 500

Activity: 532
when will we have to pay for the pre-orders?

I'm going to be severely bummed if the price of bitcoin is still down when the miners become purchasable. We had been up near 50 btc/Jupiter but with today's dump we're sitting at ~60 btc/Jupiter.

The price of bitcoin since the media attention has bounced between $100 and €100 dependant on where the confidence in exchange lies.

Note: This is a personal observation, but check it for yourself...
legendary
Activity: 994

I'm going to be severely bummed if the price of bitcoin is still down when the miners become purchasable. We had been up near 50 btc/Jupiter but with today's dump we're sitting at ~60 btc/Jupiter.
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
sincerely trust that kncminer will accommodate the request of those who order late to make partial payments or make payments only in August or September. We won't want our funds hold up for too many months Grin
Activity: 190
Merit: 100
What about the guys heading to visit the scam? Wasnt it like about this Monday? News Plz.

Open day next week. check the open day thread.
Activity: 57
What about the guys heading to visit the scam? Wasnt it like about this Monday? News Plz.
Activity: 50
is there an estimate of how many units will be produced per day with kncminer?
for knowing if it will be profitable, my pre-order number is around 5k, so i ask..

(after trying to read these 80 pages, i found nothing about that, but sorry if I'm wrong)
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007
So... is it true that single person can only buy 3 devices?

Email Sam!
Activity: 145
Merit: 105
So... is it true that single person can only buy 3 devices?
legendary
You get 2000$ discount. It has been already said in this thread.

It hasn't been said by KNCMiner, I searched the thread before I posted, and just checked again.

KNCMiner have only said "Upgrade protection built in to any purchase with vouchers for up to $2000 off of any Jupiter purchase"

It's ambiguous, I could buy a mars recieve a voucher for $1 and it meets the above, hence asking for official confirmation.

Why don't you email Sam to find out exactly? Post here his reply.
KS
Activity: 448

I would venture *before* they publish the company earnings of last year...
Twh
Activity: 41
"soon"
Activity: 714
legendary
Activity: 1098

It hasn't been said by KNCMiner, I searched the thread before I posted, and just checked again.

KNCMiner have only said "Upgrade protection built in to any purchase with vouchers for up to $2000 off of any Jupiter purchase"

It's ambiguous, I could buy a mars recieve a voucher for $1 and it meets the above, hence asking for official confirmation.
legendary
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1008
One thing that concerns me is the language used around mars voucher system -

"Upgrade protection built in to any purchase with vouchers for up to $2000 off of any Jupiter purchase"

What exactly does "up to" mean, they could turn around and give you $100 off a Jupiter and still be accurate to their description.

I think the whole voucher and pre order system needs to be fully clarified before everyone starts throwing money at them, me included Wink

I have a spot in the 1-500 list, but this above needs clarifying before I can make any decisions.

i concur.

this "up to 2000" has always bothered me because of its ambiguity. when are you entitled to get a full 2000$ voucher?  Because it seems that situations where you will get less than 2k would exist. Am I right? 
Jump to: