Author

Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com - page 2056. (Read 3049499 times)

Twh
Activity: 41
Merit: 0
Are they going to ship Saturn units all the same as well? They're essentially the same ASIC but with half the modules and half the size, and half the price.
legendary
Activity: 1133
Merit: 1050
FTR we just placed Jupiter order and was order #129. We have an email into them asking about pay period and delivery period. Looking forward to more info from Open Day attendees.

Edit: that wasn't our pre-order number.  That is our new number now that they are accepting payments.
Got an email from Andreas confirming that we have 7 days to make the payment.
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
Look with what's proposed to occur with new manufacturers springing up, increased hashrate unknown, and unforeseen delays previously experienced by other companies elsewhere, that is pretty standard arse-covering.

The only thing keeping BFL from bankruptcy is there not currently being a run on refunding...and delusional belief.

That said it comes down to competence and ability to deliver. How much of an issue and how likely is it that a 28nm ASIC chip can be produced by the initially agreed date - September 2013??

Does KnC have doubts? Does this t&c statement negate the cover provided by Credit Card buyer protection??

It looks like you can opt to pay by Credit Card without a Paypal Account, but still utilising Paypal as a payment processor. Does that negate Credit Card buyer protection in the same way using a standard Paypal account (like an escrow) does??
legendary
Activity: 1775
Merit: 1032
Value will be measured in sats
hmmm...dodge house!

What is the promised delivery date for the Mars?
Activity: 630
Where are the T&Cs?? I can't find them...
On checkout page, there is a link stating that accepting the order you agree with Terms...
Whe you open the link there is the TandC page. Yes, TandC.
Anyone read the T&C from their site?
The delivery date is provided for information purposes only and shall not be binding on KnCMiner. The Purchaser is not entitled to refuse acceptance of the Products, withdraw, cancel or revoke the order or make claims for compensation due to any delayed delivery.
Delivery period in most EU countries established by the law is 30 days maximum, unless seller agrees to less!

Ah ok, last page of checkout...https://www.kncminer.com/pages/tandc
The delivery date is provided for information purposes only and shall not be binding on KnCMiner. The Purchaser is not entitled to refuse acceptance of the Products, withdraw, cancel or revoke the order or make claims for compensation due to any delayed delivery.
Delivery period in most EU countries established by the law is 30 days maximum, unless seller agrees to less!

Activity: 630
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

wow, bad news.
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007
Guys they are updating the site today right now.

All the criticisms made towards legal req's for mentioning VAT status if price, defining postage and total costs as highlighted in the EU e-commerce regukations link I shared last week seem to be being applied today.

There was no UK VAT being applied earlier, now it is.

I emailed and they were doing that at the time.

This appears to be work in progress prepping for the meet on Wed.

Suppose in this instance having a duplicate site to work on as KS suggested would have made the transition easier...

That said if you notice anything buggy, or have any questions, rather than guess here; email them and let them know.

I can't play with updating orders or removing items on iOS devices currently for instance...
legendary
This an email I got after preordering:

Order ID: 4098

The desired goods: Mars

Quantity: 1

nothing since.
did I miss something?

2weiX, same for me! Can you see your Mars preorder when yoy log in to your account at kncminer? I can't see mine but i got a confirmation like you did
legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1047
did anyone notice the Mars Miner is not on their website?

Seems they are done taking pre-orders.

Also know that the Mars unit was not a normal product offering.

It was only to help with pre-order and confidence on ASIC development success.
legendary
Activity: 2058
Merit: 1005
this space intentionally left blank
This an email I got after preordering:

Order ID: 4098

The desired goods: Mars

Quantity: 1

nothing since.
did I miss something?
Activity: 50
Merit: 0
So for pre-order we re-start from #1 again ?
And we have 7 days to pay that's right ?
legendary
I can't see the Mars mining device either!! Also i can't see any of my pre-orders in the history tab. Is that normal>?
And following through to PayPal Payment, this is what is presented. And THAT is what it should be:

Item total $5,596.00
    Tax $1,399.00
    Shipping and handling: $124.00

Total $7,119.00 USD

Sorry for what have you attempted to order? The site seems too glitchy to be open for real orders...

A Jupiter ...
 5596.00 + 1399.00 = 6995.00 The advertised price ie. VAT included  Angry

I know I've emailed about this, and the basket glitches. I was wondering if the price stated was to include VAT originally...

EDIT: MAT542, odd...I also was given a no-vat price at completion....still don't understand the pre-ordering?! Presumably none of this is complete and live?

I believe that the price did include VAT originally. KNC picked up the "enthusiasm" and decided to add that later. Think about it...on all mining rig sales, do you see prices listed without VAT or targeted at "professional miners" only? I would still like to know how many of KNC's orders are from "professional miners"  Huh

Ok, we're getting ahead of ourselves. They're actively updating each EU countries individual tax surcharge on the site as we type. So if we hang 5, the VAT should be added on another pass..

There will be an official announcement later, apparently..
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
did anyone notice the Mars Miner is not on their website?
Activity: 122
Merit: 100
And following through to PayPal Payment, this is what is presented. And THAT is what it should be:

Item total $5,596.00
    Tax $1,399.00

Total $7,119.00 USD

Sorry for what have you attempted to order? The site seems too glitchy to be open for real orders...

A Jupiter ...

I know I've emailed about this, and the basket glitches. I was wondering if the price stated was to include VAT originally...

EDIT: MAT542, odd...I also was given a no-vat price at completion....still don't understand the pre-ordering?! Presumably none of this is complete and live?

I believe that the price did include VAT originally. KNC picked up the "enthusiasm" and decided to add that later. Think about it...on all mining rig sales, do you see prices listed without VAT or targeted at "professional miners" only? I would still like to know how many of KNC's orders are from "professional miners"  Huh

Item total $5,596.00
    Tax $1,399.00

Total $7,119.00 USD

A Jupiter ...

Jump to: