Pages:
Author

Topic: ♘♕♔SWING♚ ♛♞ ▬▬▬▬●Programmatically Fluctuating Miners Cost!●▬▬▬▬ Now On Bittrex! - page 9. (Read 119360 times)

Activity: 195
Merit: 100
Thanks for update, dev.

Thinking about swap...
 - with new reward scheme we will kinda have new coin anyway (we can call it SWING EVOLVED [SWEVO] Grin
 - people like new coins, both miners and stakers: they can get nice market share quite cheeply, also new start is always exciting
 - some people swap, some don't, some swap only part: it can drive price of "old" Swing up as well (swaped coins are burned = lower supply)
    (technically "old" swing would be kept with that rounding problem, so maybe most would swap, but some coins wouldn't be swaped anyway (lost wallets etc.)
 - with new coin (and swap) we don't have to deal with soft/hard fork
 - new coin = new people = bigger trading => Bittrex might also like that :-)

What you guys think?

Regarding Bittrex

Hey everyone,

So I've spoken with @Bittrex-Bill about Swing. We discussed the current state of the coin, what we plan to bring with the new patch, and how it would likely bring increased user interest to the coin.

Bill agreed to consider giving us a grace period to increase volume and trader interest, however he did not give a final decision.

He stated that he would consider it and make his final decision on Monday the 27'th when they start the de-listing process.

It's at this point more than any previous time that I'm asking Swing holders to voice yourselves. If you want Swing to stay listed, every one of you needs to make it known that you're interested in trading Swing once the upgrade gets deployed.

You can contact bill through the following options:

Bittrex Slack Signup: http://slack.bittrex.com/ (Contact @Bittrex-Bill)
Email: [email protected]
Twitter: Tag @BittrexExchange #Bittrex and $Swing (And if you want tag me @_Crypto).
Twitter: RT, Favorite, and Reply to the following tweet!
https://twitter.com/_Crypto/status/746862062169653249

If you want Swing to remain on Bittrex please contact Bill and explain why you have faith in the coin's growth and why you intend to trade it after the patch hits!
(Then post here to let everyone else know you helped!)

I believe that hearing from the community will STRONGLY impact Bill's decision.

Thanks guys, and goodluck to all of us!

P.S. If we get removed from Bittrex we will probably upgrade Swing, revamp our marketing, discuss stimulus options, then shoot for poloniex (or we could always coin-swap into a new/fresh coin). If we do get de-listed we will have a discussion on how we want to proceed.
Activity: 938
Merit: 1002
Regarding Bittrex

Hey everyone,

So I've spoken with @Bittrex-Bill about Swing. We discussed the current state of the coin, what we plan to bring with the new patch, and how it would likely bring increased user interest to the coin.

Bill agreed to consider giving us a grace period to increase volume and trader interest, however he did not give a final decision.

He stated that he would consider it and make his final decision on Monday the 27'th when they start the de-listing process.

It's at this point more than any previous time that I'm asking Swing holders to voice yourselves. If you want Swing to stay listed, every one of you needs to make it known that you're interested in trading Swing once the upgrade gets deployed.

You can contact bill through the following options:

Bittrex Slack Signup: http://slack.bittrex.com/ (Contact @Bittrex-Bill)
Email: [email protected]
Twitter: Tag @BittrexExchange #Bittrex and $Swing (And if you want tag me @_Crypto).
Twitter: RT, Favorite, and Reply to the following tweet!
https://twitter.com/_Crypto/status/746862062169653249

If you want Swing to remain on Bittrex please contact Bill and explain why you have faith in the coin's growth and why you intend to trade it after the patch hits!
(Then post here to let everyone else know you helped!)

I believe that hearing from the community will STRONGLY impact Bill's decision.

Thanks guys, and goodluck to all of us!

P.S. If we get removed from Bittrex we will probably upgrade Swing, revamp our marketing, discuss stimulus options, then shoot for poloniex (or we could always coin-swap into a new/fresh coin). If we do get de-listed we will have a discussion on how we want to proceed.

When in bittrex no longer traded what you plan Huh

As stated before, I'm not expecting to get de-listed just yet. I'm actually feeling pretty confidant.

I've spoken with @Bittrex-Richie a few times on Slack about Swing and the updates. He suggested that I open two tickets to Bittrex support, one with the code for the new update, and one to discuss the warning. Richie was telling me that apparently Bill flags coins "just to shake the trees to see if people are still around, any sign of active dev/community and i'm sure it'll come back online". He also generously told me he would poke Bill about it himself for me. Any additional outreach from the community would probably help significantly as well.

Right now I'm most focused on getting this update deployed. The thing with a hardfork is that once deployed the new network will disconnect from old version peers and not log any transactions made on the old network. It would be ideal to release the new version only after the exchange has updated. My worry is that if I release the code and Bittrex is still making trades on the old network, those trades could be rolled back. If we soft fork and set the rewards to change down the line it would be a lot more seamless, but the downside is that without significant adoption of the update it will fail and the blockchain will halt requiring a hard fork update. My thinking is that I will send Bittrex a pre-release git repo, and as soon as I see the market get paused for updates I'll release the new wallets and git on the thread.

If anyone has any suggestions on how to best transition I'm all ears. I plan to submit those support tickets later today.

Still holding my coins.

I missed out of the dump today. Wish I had been at home to buy all them up!!!
SWING has a cool concept. And active DEV
More than can be said for most of the coins out there!!!
Looking forward to new updates!!!

Thanks for the feedback, I'm glad to hear it.

I'm actually really bummed out that I'm out of BTC right now. 300 sat range is an absolute steal. We just brushed past our ATL of 104 Sats too.

If nothing else, at least Swing is Swinging  Wink

Side note, thinking ahead:

After we get this update deployed we will have a lot of marketing tasks to accomplish. We will need an all new thread and website at a minimum. Unfortunately art is not my strong suit, so if anyone thinks they can help with the thread that would be huge. I could probably use most of the assets on the new website as well. I've been looking for a Wordpress theme we can re-purpose into our new site (mostly on ThemeForest since I have $30 credit). I've got a couple favorites picked out already but I'd love to see some suggestions from other holders. Feel free to dig through the marketplace and help me pick something out!
Activity: 784
Merit: 255
Still holding my coins.

if what is expected is not really the case , how do you for the future and for instance swing removed in trade bittrex Huh
Activity: 588
Merit: 500
Still holding my coins.

Activity: 784
Merit: 255
Hey guys,

I just recently spoke to Bittrex-Richie about the coming update. I've sent him another message asking about getting ready to upgrade the code on release, as well as the removal notification. I'm guessing it's just an automatic notification due to volume dips. Last we spoke Richie seemed happy to help us get the update installed when ready. I'll let you guys know when I hear back from him.

As far as the update goes I think it's about ready. All I really have left to do is put in a checkpoint and build the new wallet. I was able to test POS staking and the new rewards seem to be working as intended. Rewards are coming out cleanly and should patch any rounding errors. Example: Blocks 120450 - 120459 will award 0.45 in POS and 9.51 in POW.

I tested out soft forking and think it's best if we just hard fork (disconnecting from peers that have not updated). The problem with a soft fork is that if enough peers fail to update, they could refuse the new rewards and halt the update/fork. If we hard fork and disconnect from older versions that wont be an issue. However, the older clients will have to roll back any transactions / rewards made after the release of the code on update.

The plan is to try to set a time of release, then upload the new wallets and code as Bittrex updates.

When in bittrex no longer traded what you plan Huh
Hey guys,

I just recently spoke to Bittrex-Richie about the coming update. I've sent him another message asking about getting ready to upgrade the code on release, as well as the removal notification. I'm guessing it's just an automatic notification due to volume dips. Last we spoke Richie seemed happy to help us get the update installed when ready. I'll let you guys know when I hear back from him.

As far as the update goes I think it's about ready. All I really have left to do is put in a checkpoint and build the new wallet. I was able to test POS staking and the new rewards seem to be working as intended. Rewards are coming out cleanly and should patch any rounding errors. Example: Blocks 120450 - 120459 will award 0.45 in POS and 9.51 in POW.

I tested out soft forking and think it's best if we just hard fork (disconnecting from peers that have not updated). The problem with a soft fork is that if enough peers fail to update, they could refuse the new rewards and halt the update/fork. If we hard fork and disconnect from older versions that wont be an issue. However, the older clients will have to roll back any transactions / rewards made after the release of the code on update.

The plan is to try to set a time of release, then upload the new wallets and code as Bittrex updates.
never mind Cryptopia, this is on Bittrex now:
"Due to lack of user interest, this market will be delisted on June 27th, 2016."
Well.... on cryptopia are months that swing is listed....... only now you find it ?

Yes. I didn't know Cryptopia existed. I've never traded on it or even heard of it. Nobody even bothered to mention we got added.
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1009
Well.... on cryptopia are months that swing is listed....... only now you find it ?
Hey guys,

We've been added to CryptoCompare.com! https://www.cryptocompare.com/coins/swing/overview/BTC

Turns out we are also being traded on Cryptopia exchange! I had no idea  Grin. https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/Exchange/?market=SWING_BTC
Ok it is in sync now.

Good!

I'm moving into the final testing stages. Shouldn't be too much longer till I can push out the upgrade. I'm testing to see if I can pull off a soft fork instead of a hard fork.

The difference being:

Hard Fork: Immediately drops connections to all older versions. Gives an advantage to the initial adopters of the new wallet.

Soft Fork: Remains connected to peers on older wallets. Gives times for everyone to upgrade to the new version, then disagrees with older versions when the blocks containing updated rewards hits.

I have some meetings I need to attend today, but I will keep making progress and keep you all updated.

Sounds great!!!

Thanks for the update!
Ok it is in sync now.

Good!

I'm moving into the final testing stages. Shouldn't be too much longer till I can push out the upgrade. I'm testing to see if I can pull off a soft fork instead of a hard fork.

The difference being:

Hard Fork: Immediately drops connections to all older versions. Gives an advantage to the initial adopters of the new wallet.

Soft Fork: Remains connected to peers on older wallets. Gives times for everyone to upgrade to the new version, then disagrees with older versions when the blocks containing updated rewards hits.

I have some meetings I need to attend today, but I will keep making progress and keep you all updated.
Is anyone else having issues with their wallet syncing?
nope, Win wallet here, 13 connections, works fine.
You tried to add current nodes to Swing.conf?
https://chainz.cryptoid.info/swing/#!network

Yes

Not moving past block 246227

Win wallet as well. I have 13 connections
Has been stuck on this block for 3 days now

Did it again and did not move. I am now loading the chain over again. See if it gets past that block.

restart with -rescan option?

Yes

Not moving past block 246227

Win wallet as well. I have 13 connections
Has been stuck on this block for 3 days now

Did it again and did not move. I am now loading the chain over again. See if it gets past that block.
Pages:
Jump to: