Pages:
Author

Topic: ♘♕♔SWING♚ ♛♞ ▬▬▬▬●Programmatically Fluctuating Miners Cost!●▬▬▬▬ Now On Bittrex! - page 12. (Read 119363 times)

Activity: 588
Merit: 500
I received my first full payout from HASHGOAL.com today

All is good. The admin of hashgoal is great!!!

Activity: 938
Merit: 1002
I've made a weekly recap video covering the action and events over the past week or so. Let's keep talking about improvements!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWntBuDiViQ

Spoke with HASHGOAL.com admin

He does purchase SWING off Bittrex to cover any payouts in SWING coin

Oh excellent. I have noticed some buying too. The site says it's purchased 639.21622 SWING off the marketplace already.  Grin

Maybe we should focus on increasing our HashGoal power? How do we go about getting more miners. Hmm..

Good question.

I am not sure how to direct more miners there.

Incentive of some type. Build a stronger overall coin to have more people get involved with it.
Sorry I know I am stating the obvious. A strong stable price will help for sure. Community action is huge.
Start with something small like a update to the web site. I am spit balling here. lol
The convo you had going about pos/pow was good.

I will give a update on the two pools once I receive all my payouts from them.

Website update actually isn't a bad idea. I've been considering doing that, and also contemplating making a brief Swing intro / overview video for the ANN post.

I think if we can amass some hash power and get some fresh eyes on Swing we can do well.

I'd like to keep talking about potential changes to the reward schema too. Do we leave it as is for now and focus on things like the pool and website? Do we extend cycles into something more linear? We have endless options really..

Oh excellent. I have noticed some buying too. The site says it's purchased 639.21622 SWING off the marketplace already.  Grin

Maybe we should focus on increasing our HashGoal power? How do we go about getting more miners. Hmm..

Good question.

I am not sure how to direct more miners there.

Incentive of some type. Build a stronger overall coin to have more people get involved with it.
Sorry I know I am stating the obvious. A strong stable price will help for sure. Community action is huge.
Start with something small like a update to the web site. I am spit balling here. lol
The convo you had going about pos/pow was good.

I will give a update on the two pools once I receive all my payouts from them.

I kicked in .021 btc for the block explorer.

Just want to see this coin succeed. And we have a active dev. And SWING community members.

Fantastic Smiley Thank you for the contribution!

I didn't realize how straight forward it was to extend the listing on Chainz. It seems to be live again, if anyone else wants to extend our subscription you can do so on the explorer page. https://chainz.cryptoid.info/swing/#
I kicked in .021 btc for the block explorer.

Just want to see this coin succeed. And we have a active dev. And SWING community members.

Oh excellent. I have noticed some buying too. The site says it's purchased 639.21622 SWING off the marketplace already.  Grin

what is the hipost reward? n when its start?
eccording to Dev louncing sunday afternoon
read a gain

Hi, I think you missed the rest of the thread. The coin is already live on Bittrex Smiley https://bittrex.com/Market/Index?MarketName=BTC-SWING
Activity: 826
Merit: 303
what is the hipost reward? n when its start?
eccording to Dev louncing sunday afternoon
read a gain

I messaged the owner of HASHGOAL.com last night and swing is now a payout there. I am pretty sure he must have to buy the SWING from the market.

Fantastic, I've added both pools to the ANN for easier access.

Ideally we should test both and see if they buy Swing via market.

I will leave my miner pointed to hashgoal for a couple of days.

Will see what the payouts are and if we see any increase in buying.
I messaged the owner of HASHGOAL.com last night and swing is now a payout there. I am pretty sure he must have to buy the SWING from the market.

Fantastic, I've added both pools to the ANN for easier access.

Ideally we should test both and see if they buy Swing via market.

..multi-pool Idea with payout in swing.

This is something we have actually tried. We never got enough community support to get listed on major milti-pools. We got listed on a couple small ones but there were no miners on them and I believe we eventually got removed. On top of that getting added meant pre-existing MP miners would mine and dump swing to trade out for their favored currency, rather than the opposite.

It's an idea that I like and can work well, but has to be done right and actually needs miners. Might even need a custom MP designed specifically for Swing.

I have SWING on my pool, www.zpool.ca, which pays out in any currency mined including SWING from any algo. Only caveat is that the pool only pays from what gets mined so you just need to keep an eye on the pool stats. If the currency is listed in RED, it means there are more SWING miners then there is SWING blocks being mined.

Cheers

Thanks! I'll be sure to add you to the ANN shortly. My apologies if I accidentally pulled it from the ANN when I was cleaning up. There was a bunch of dead pools on the list.

Hi thanks. Good to know. I will try it out.

Let us know how it goes. Smiley

What I think we really need is a pool that actually uses profits to buy Swing directly off the market. As far as I can tell zpool doesn't do this (i could be wrong). Does anyone know of pools that do?

Ideally I'd love a pool that:

1. Lets miners point hash from nicehash or in-house rigs
2. Keeps track of contributions
3. Points all the hash at AntPool or another major bitcoin pool
4. Deposits the profits onto Bittrex once we get over 0.0005 BTC.
5. Purchases Swing off Bittrex
6. Distributes the Swing to workers based on contribution.

(Or something similar)

This is something we have actually tried. We never got enough community support to get listed on major milti-pools. We got listed on a couple small ones but there were no miners on them and I believe we eventually got removed. On top of that getting added meant pre-existing MP miners would mine and dump swing to trade out for their favored currency, rather than the opposite.

It's an idea that I like and can work well, but has to be done right and actually needs miners. Might even need a custom MP designed specifically for Swing.

I have SWING on my pool, www.zpool.ca, which pays out in any currency mined including SWING from any algo. Only caveat is that the pool only pays from what gets mined so you just need to keep an eye on the pool stats. If the currency is listed in RED, it means there are more SWING miners then there is SWING blocks being mined.

Cheers

Hi thanks. Good to know. I will try it out.
legendary
Activity: 3486
Merit: 1126

Cheers

legendary
Activity: 1218
Supporting DMD, ERC & PIO
I agree with the multi-pool Idea with payout in swing.
It is working well with several coins improve price while
allowing miners to accumulate
Block rewards now seem pretty low for POW

I find it hard to even point my miners to mine SWING. The power it consumes and the rewards I make are not worth it.

Myself would not be interested in a jackpot system.

But I am still in total support of SWING!!!

But by making POW block rewards even less people will be forced to buy SWING if they want more and not wait for staking.
If that is the case I would defiantly not mine SWING anymore. And yes that should help to drive up the price

Maybe see if you can get is listed on a multi pool where they payout in SWING

Something like hashpool.co or hashgoal.com

I would probably contact hashgoal.com first. He seems like a good guy. I think he would get on board to list SWING as a coin payout option.
Then he would be forced to buy SWING to pay us. I would point my miners to his site if that was the case. I have used him before with another coin
and it seemed to work pretty good.

Just my 2 cents from a miners standpoint.

Oh boy, you're actually right about POW inflation, it trully decreases it...
Well, then, if we want lower inflation, we could just lower POW reward... but how, that is the question...
'cos just lowering the percentage of reward for POW doesn't solves the rounding problem, right?

Yeah. It seems so.

We don't necessarily have to cut the rewards back by a percentage like we currently do to cut POW rewards back. We can setup a fully hardcoded cycle, or find something new.

Just spitballing ideas now, I got to thinking about POW options a bit. It's possible we could set it up as a bit of a "jackpot" schema. For example, maybe have a cycle that raises the reward from 0.00 to 99.99 over the course of a month or longer. Then, we set it up so that there is only a chance of a reward. Most blocks would pay out next to nothing and cancel out inflation, but if you're lucky you could get rewarded with a block that feels large to the miner. This keeps miners interested and mining, while still keeping inflation in check. However, initial issues with this idea include deciding when to pay out a "jackpot" block without throwing rounding errors, and what sort of reward cycle we want to have. I think it could be accomplished though..

I'd like to hear more reward schema ideas though. They don't even necessarily have to be good or fleshed out, small unused ideas can be used to build bigger and better things.

Ask yourselves this and brainstorm a little:

How would you design a rewards system that might cause market movement?

Keep in mind increasing inflation often causes prices to decrease, and increasing scarcity often causes a price increase.

Consider that it's very possible you all have a better understanding of economics and price movement than me as well. How do YOU think we could make Swing swing?

(Oh, and should we try to get the chainz explorer back? We should figure out how much that would cost.)
Activity: 195
Merit: 100
Let's talk more about POW, and what impact removing it would actually have.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2M9mpTJluTM

Oh boy, you're actually right about POW inflation, it trully decreases it...
Well, then, if we want lower inflation, we could just lower POW reward... but how, that is the question...
'cos just lowering the percentage of reward for POW doesn't solves the rounding problem, right?
Pages:
Jump to: