Pages:
Author

Topic: Syscoin vs Bitbay - page 2. (Read 13082 times)

Activity: 259
Merit: 250
September 14, 2016, 08:59:40 AM
Slowly going up :
https://poloniex.com/exchange#btc_sys
Daily volume around 50 BTC
legendary
Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167
MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG
September 05, 2016, 08:39:33 AM
BitBay quietly getting things done before huge xmas release but people still buying syscoin and not Bay? I hold both but think advertising plays a huge part in this I think?

Theres a bunch of upcoming releases right around the corner for Syscoin so I'm guessing there is some accumulation in anticipation of those... Bay seems to be going well I'd like to see commit logs to judge what works being done as I don't really have time for multiple slacks but I trust David's doing his thing and it will bump bay up for sure at the time.

Bay is already starting to move.
What are you adding in the upcoming releases sidhujag?
Weve got some pending news

Tech wise:
https://steemit.com/syscoin/@keyare/syscoin-2-1-introduces-foundation-for-blockchain-based-identity-platform

http://syscoin.org/syscoin-2-1-blockmarket-updates/

Pruning is the.big one. Solves bloat issue and reduces bandwidth requirement for fresh synchronization with no sacrifice to security

Great news indeed but no chance sys is worth almost 10x bay. This is just crazy.

Both projects should be valued way higher though compared to most of the coins in the top 20.
legendary
September 05, 2016, 08:37:49 AM
Bitbay? I remember this scam, related to blackcoin. Fake promises, fake pump and dump, bagholders have this coin, how can it be compared with syscoin? Sys is solid one.

You remember it but joined last week. Interesting.

Sock puppets everywhere.
.m.
Activity: 280
Merit: 260
September 05, 2016, 07:20:24 AM
SYS fell down to 1950 on Polo, hopefully not because of the news Wink
legendary
Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005
August 17, 2016, 10:26:15 AM
BitBay quietly getting things done before huge xmas release but people still buying syscoin and not Bay? I hold both but think advertising plays a huge part in this I think?

Theres a bunch of upcoming releases right around the corner for Syscoin so I'm guessing there is some accumulation in anticipation of those... Bay seems to be going well I'd like to see commit logs to judge what works being done as I don't really have time for multiple slacks but I trust David's doing his thing and it will bump bay up for sure at the time.

Weve got some pending news

Tech wise:
https://steemit.com/syscoin/@keyare/syscoin-2-1-introduces-foundation-for-blockchain-based-identity-platform

http://syscoin.org/syscoin-2-1-blockmarket-updates/

Pruning is the.big one. Solves bloat issue and reduces bandwidth requirement for fresh synchronization with no sacrifice to security
Activity: 661
Merit: 504
August 17, 2016, 05:56:19 AM
Bitbay? I remember this scam, related to blackcoin. Fake promises, fake pump and dump, bagholders have this coin, how can it be compared with syscoin? Sys is solid one.

Promises are kept. A lot of development in BitBay. There never was a pump, and the dump was very real  Sad  But starting to recover now.
You should work on your fudding a little
Activity: 91
Merit: 10
August 17, 2016, 05:52:00 AM
August 17, 2016, 05:50:04 AM

legendary
August 16, 2016, 07:59:19 PM

Activity: 776
Merit: 557
August 16, 2016, 05:37:50 PM
August 08, 2016, 09:19:06 PM
Is bitbay growing in users yet? Last time I checked it was small project?

It's growing slowly. But more important we are getting the right users. If you look at our thread you will see senior and hero members are over represented. People with experience, contacts, and often also money. They know it takes time to develop something unique. When BitBay is ready to roll out the big guns, we have exactly the userbase we need to take it to the next level.
Activity: 45
Merit: 1
August 08, 2016, 09:24:31 AM
Is bitbay growing in users yet? Last time I checked it was small project?
legendary
Activity: 2383
Merit: 1551
dogs are cute.
August 08, 2016, 08:28:10 AM
looking forward to the new wallet!
Activity: 732
Merit: 500
June 19, 2016, 10:13:02 AM
Once the BitBay client is set up to stake.

We can then also remind the exchanges that they could essentially create futures contracts.
So lets say a coin holder deposits his Bays onto an exchange like bittrex or c-cex (screw the thieves @ bter).
The exchange could then create different options for the trader to hold coins.
They could ask that the investor to lock their Bays in the exchange for: 1 week, 2 week, 1 month, 2 month, etc.
These coins would be locked in their possession for the allotted time frame. The exchange would have 2 keys protecting the accounts.
These locked coins would be merged into a larger groups of coins. The coin holders would gain incentives with these options because the grouped coins would have more stake reward potential.
They could post these 'futures' contracts on their websites. Traders could tally the info thus creating speculation on price swings upon contracts fulfilling. The speculation would come from the option given to contract holders to either renew the contract or close out and recover stake reward.
This speculation would cause investors to gamble on price during times of contract renewals. They might try to sell off before the 1 month contracts reach fulfillment thinking that the contract holders will be closing out and thus increasing liquidation on the market. Yet that's where the trickery comes into play. If the contract holders don't close out and renew instead, then speculators just sold at a potential loss and not a premium! The exchanges could also give contract holder renewals incentives. For example, if John enters a 1 month contract, upon fulfillment, he renews and earns an extra .5% earnings on the stake reward total. If he renews again add more, etc.

I know this influences people to leave their coins on a middleman exchange, yet with multisig technology. There should be a way to do this with minimal risk

Thoughts?  

legendary
June 18, 2016, 01:26:02 PM
Syscoin vs Bitbay, SYS winz Smiley

To me it looks like BitBay is ahead by miles, but maybe you know something I don't?

We've already discussed how this graphic is pretty inaccurate, a few pages back. With the Syscoin 2.1 release is becomes even more inaccurate.

Hardly matters. Both are good. Both undervalued, but bitbay is stupidly undervalued. Get some of both but obviously returns are going to be way more on bitbay at this point. If similar in price I still load up 60 40 in favour of bitbay anyway. Yes the info graphic may be a little generous to bitbay in some ways but still it is at least equal to sys if not better and the price is way way undervalued. Both developers seem good guys.
legendary
Activity: 1036
Merit: 1001
Syscoin- Changing the way people do business.
June 18, 2016, 01:15:18 PM

To me it looks like BitBay is ahead by miles, but maybe you know something I don't?

We've already discussed how this graphic is pretty inaccurate, a few pages back. With the Syscoin 2.1 release is becomes even more inaccurate.
Activity: 732
Merit: 500
June 18, 2016, 10:07:59 AM
Well I've got to admit it's been an interesting few days.

Sucks what has happened with ether because it set back crypto as a whole; might only be a few days, but none the less, it's a set back. Yet at the same time I can't feel sorry for them, the DAO was created straight out of greed because they blew through millions of dollars in crowdfunding in a matter of a few months and then bitched about how they needed more funds to complete the project.
Of course investors could care less about giving more funding, so they took matters in their own hands and created this half ass DAO that they could have cared less about making it right before releasing it.

The greed will probably kill ether as well because they just don't have the funding to continue their 1 million a month salary overhead - unless of course they were shorting during the time of the attack.

That being said, it sucks to see ether throw a massive taint on smart contracts.

So the race is on for someone to take the lead in smart contract innovation.

I'm happy to be invested in Bay at the moment because I see David releasing a finished product ahead of competition. Recently I've been in some interesting convo's about how to create a DAO type system just with the use of the existing Double Deposit Escrow. I can't talk about that here, but I assure you it won't be hackable.

After release I'll probably be using some of my earning to invest in other smart contract coins as well, like Shadow, because I know my initial investment with Bay will be stabilized with the rolling peg technology; no need to worry about pump and dump FOMO.

I think it would be advantageous to sys to follow suit. However, since they are based on storing everything on the blockchain, I'd recommend implementing a smart contract system that is somehow independent of the blockchain.

Interesting times, and good luck all!

Hope BTC hits 2500$ in the next 2 weeks!

Cheers!
June 18, 2016, 08:22:27 AM

Activity: 88
Merit: 0
June 17, 2016, 11:24:09 AM
Thanks for the discussion. glad to know about it.
legendary
June 10, 2016, 03:47:01 PM

The battle has not even begun yet.
time to get some cheap Syscoins @Poloniex Smiley
your sys getting cheaper day by day hope you did not buy lot though,ouchh.

Actually if you cared to pay attention to details its up over 25% from when he posted that.
Pages:
Jump to: