Pages:
Author

Topic: T17/S17 malfunction: cases, solutions, remedies, RMA history - page 7. (Read 6919 times)

Activity: 21
Merit: 7
I'm thinking most conviinient is to freeze the whole miner:) and pick up used freezer cheap on the way???Smiley

miners.eu have good prices on etherum miners, much better than Prominerz, which seem  to "trusted" pricing policy by up to 20% compared to miners.eu. It seems there some talking  regarding "negative elements" making it hard to distinguish inbetween the vendors, scamers i.e unhappy buyers, competitors trying to miscredit each other as scammers. Whats your opion on that? Is asicminervalue.com to be a trusted  as non afiliated party? They have markings "trusted" on some vendors (obviously  based on some simple algortim, but still they are risking to discredit thier trademark if they are deviating with their "Trusted" marks to much. Just my 2 cents.
legendary
Activity: 2170
Merit: 6279
be constructive or S.T.F.U
Yes it's still stable since i started it, even though i OC it a little to kompensate for the dead card.

That is good news, temps look good too, I will try the trick soon, I will need to go the farm to pick up all the dead 17 series, I have a lot of them, since the trick is cheap and easy it's worth the try.

By the way is miners.eu a trusted vendor?

Nop, they are likely scammers, there are a few accusations against them in this thread , also their Trustpilot reviews aren't great, see one thing to notice about Trustpilot is that positive reviews can be faked easily because they require no proof, while negatives require verifications such as emails, screenshots and all that, the seller can dispute against your negative feedback and have it deleted, so negative feedback outweighs a 100 positive once.

Here is one recent feedback:

You wont get any items from them
I paid my order 8 weeks ago, product should be "in stock, shipped in 5 days" no product, no refund so far.

Chat on their website mysteriously closes after you have made your payment. No answer to phone and to email rarely, telling to wait more.

I have made police report of them.

They reply in 10 min when it's on their favor, 2-4weeks when yours.

They offered to pay me to get my previous review off so I did but ofc they didn't paid so its here again.

They will threat you with lawsuit for sure if you share your negative experience.

Nobody knows or trusts John, but the fact that his verified negative feedback is still there simply means that the accused party failed to prove that John is lying, which means they have indeed scammed him.
So how is the frozen hashboard doing now? I know the freezing trick works on weakening the adhesive and make the heatsink easier to remove, not exactly sure how it would help to make it stick harder!! I would love to hear more from other members, NFW and wndsnb can perhaps shed some light on the subject.

Yes it's still stable since i started it, even though i OC it a little to kompensate for the dead card.

Code:
Chain#	ASIC#	Frequency(avg)	Voltage	Consumption (W)	GH/S(ideal)	GH/S(RT)	Errors(HW)	Temp(PCB)	Temp(Chip)	ASIC status
1 24 0 15.8 15 0.00 0.00 0  0-0-0-0                         0-0-0-0                     Failed to detect ASIC chips
2 30 750 15.8 684 15,120.00 14,789.48 1 54-59-52-57 76-82-76-79 ooo ooo ooo ooo ooo ooo ooo ooo ooo ooo
3 30 750 15.8 684 15,120.00 15,022.88 2 52-56-51-55 75-78-73-75 ooo ooo ooo ooo ooo ooo ooo ooo ooo ooo
Total 84 750 1383 30,240.00 29,812.36 3

going to try to fix the dead card once i get the board fixture, but i thnk it will require a lot of expirience and gear to rework the ASIC chip. Anyone that did this operation with good outcome?

By the way is miners.eu a trusted vendor?
legendary
Thanks for finding the post, I started this topic to help the mining community locate repair services nearby, since sending gears back to China isn't working as it should, I believe this thread would be very helpful, I hope that we all band together to grow the list in that topic.
Activity: 544
Merit: 589
Found the post where phil recommends a repair place. Not sure if those prices are up to date, the web site currently says $150/$250 for basic/advanced repair.

I'm in NC.  Can I send you my PSUs to test?  Or can you send me a working one and I'll pay for shipping?

We have a repair guy we use that is located in NC.

Give me 5 minutes to find the link.

He has been a godsend with psu replacement. I used

https://hmtech.co/  (919) 283-2715  they do repair m20s  they sold me a m20s psu  a p21 they also have bitmain parts and repairs.

Tell them philipma1957 of bitcointalk linked you.

I get zero money for this.  But I like that they know I send them people. He has to be close to you as it is the same state.

He has helped 4 or 5 of us with psu replacements.

yeah  they seem to have really dropped in their service .

I won't be using them to get  a m30s. I used

https://hmtech.co/  (919) 283-2715  they do repair m20s  they sold me a m20s psu  a p21

Quote from: https://hmtech.co/
ASIC Repair : Basic / Advanced
Bitmain
$300 / $400
 S17 & T17
Whatsminer
$300 / $400
 M20s & M21S
Innosilicon
$300 / $400
 T3 series
ASIC PSU's
Innosilicon T3 series PSU
$200
New
Whatspower P21 PSU
$200
New

Innosilicon T2 double fan series & T3 PSU
$200
New

good luck.
legendary
Bitmain doesn't really shame on their dirty ways of making money for the owners!    Angry

Indeed, I think they trapped him into sending his gear by quoting him an estimate of $30 to fix his S17+, what kind of a fix would bitmain put their staff on for $30  Undecided, anyway, people should look for alternative ways to fix their gears, check zeusbtc or ask other forum members about workshops that are specialized in mining, phill knows a few in the U.S he perhaps should make a dedicated topic in regards to that.
legendary
Activity: 2422
Merit: 1706
Electrical engineer. Mining since 2014.
Bitmain doesn't really shame on their dirty ways of making money for the owners!    Angry
legendary
1. We will apply for equal coupon compensation for you based on the current market value of the second hands miners; the coupon value is 1127usd

They are lying to you, used S17+ go for above $1500, for $1127 you can only get S17-56th.

4. We can also help you contact the buyer, and sell the coupons in your hand at 90% of the coupon price, so that you can get the corresponding USD or BTC;

Point number 4 is really funny, they want to persuade you to sell them the miner at a much cheaper rate, nobody is going to pay 90%, they will be that "buyer" so (1127-30$)*0.9 = $987.3, also expect a 5-10% less with an excuse of bitcoin price is lower on the exchange they use. Undecided

Sorry that this is happening to you man, Bitmain is indeed a terrible company to deal with. Embarrassed
[...]

Wow ... so they want to keep your property and won't even compensate you in real $, but 10% max coupons instead! Unreal. The things people/companies/governments are doing using the COVID excuse are just awful.
Activity: 61
Merit: 29
I sent my defective S17 + 67 to Bitmain for repair on October 29th (out of warranty). After several inquiries about the status of my order, I received an email from Bitmain yesterday:

Quote from: Jessica L. (Bitmain)
Dear customer

Miner type & Quantity:1
Antminer S17+ (67T)

Due to the impact of the Covid-19 , our overseas warehouses( HK,CA, Netherlands) have stopped shipments. Due to the temporary shutdown of the warehouses, we cannot get the machines from the warehouse.
In order to be able to solve this problem in a timely manner and minimize customer losses, we provide you with the following solutions. Please check it out. If you can accept this solution, we will be grateful.
Thank you for your understanding and strong support.

1. We will apply for equal coupon compensation for you based on the current market value of the second hands miners; the coupon value is 1127usd
2. If your product is out of warranty, scrapped, or mixed, we regret that we cannot directly return it for you, and we can only apply for coupon compensation for you based on the marketing price minus the repair quotation that needs to be paid;
3. Coupons can be used to purchase all products of our official website www.bitmain.com , which can be deducted 10% of the total order amount and have a one-year warranty;
4. We can also help you contact the buyer, and sell the coupons in your hand at 90% of the coupon price, so that you can get the corresponding USD or BTC;
5. This is buyout coupons, will not ship the products back to customer.

Thank you again for your strong support to our company, and hope to receive your reply.

Unfortunately, that was not the solution that I would have expected! after paying 50 € for shipping and 30 $ to Bitmain for the estimate.

Now I don't know what to do. and I wonder if the S19 I have ordered will arrive.
Well ... Can't argue with results but I doubt it will be a very permanent fix. I'm also curious if it is still running.

My only guess would be that the issue was a bad solder joint and the thermal cycle expansion/contraction moved the bad connection enough to make contact. Or maybe the residual flux that may be keeping some stray solder balls in place that leaked out during heatsink application gets brittle enough to flake off when cold.
legendary
So how is the frozen hashboard doing now? I know the freezing trick works on weakening the adhesive and make the heatsink easier to remove, not exactly sure how it would help to make it stick harder!! I would love to hear more from other members, NFW and wndsnb can perhaps shed some light on the subject.
[...]

I dont now if  anyone noticed the "freezer trick" in this video posted above, https://youtu.be/F6L9hCQ4OhY ,I had some parts of it tranlated by i russian speking friend, and it turned that some hashboard problems can be detected by freezing the board, and there after run it.

I took the hash board board (0) from the T17, that droped off or didn't start, that on irregular bases, (in awesom showing ...4 of 30 asic...) and put it in the freezer for a couple of hours, and it felt stable there after, now on day 2, been minning normal and also starts normal on multible power cycles.

I dont know the exact mechanism for this phenomena, as the dude couldn't explain to well, but as its known that bad quality of solder composition/flux, migth be affected by prolonged heat exposure, resulting in bad solder joints due to  crystallic changes in the solderit self. The process of freezing migth some how mediate some  transformation the solder.  Let see how long this fix will hold... Worth trying on such boards.

To the other board [1] i attached the heat sink with thermal glue but to no awail, still showing (..24 of 30 ASICS..) freezing did not help on this one.
legendary
But idont agree on that eastern europe, should be a more reliable and/or convient...

Just to be crystal clear here, my main objective was related to price and availability only, I assumed because east Europe has more mining operation then mining-related stuff would be cheaper and easier to find, but as far as integrity, or lack thereof, I am sure you know much better than I do.

... tuning all the miners to a maximum. Unfortianly i went one step to high in the auto tunning, and in the end i blow the main fuses...

1 - PLEASE don't overclock these gears, they are very very sensitive, they barely run for long enough at stock settings, overclocking them is extremely risky.
2 - The fact that some overclocking was enough to blow those fuses, you might actually be pushing them the max anyway, the same thing would have happened if you had a sudden drop in voltage and your gears needed to draw more amps, so be careful.
I agree that Switcherland is a odd place for a Crypto miner outlet, but on the other hand crypto have no borders no time zones. Back then it was one of the few reliable outlets in Europe. They mainly profited on antminer customers, that either missed out on ordering or got to few from Bitmains batches,and saw crypto prices surge. I think prices then was like 25% higher compared to Bitmain, but i was able to buy excl. VAT. got some z11 there. From my point of veiw, ordering, paying in advance, from a Swiss company, on wich i could get info on the net and so on, contra an Asian company (ex Bitmain) was no brainer.

But idont agree on that eastern europe, should be a more reliable and/or convient, chances to be scammed is in my opion higher in east EU. In general (not crypto bussinessin particular) It still carries a shady reputation from the past. Corruption is higher (maybee not everyone will agree with but lif its out of topic i'll remove it) But on the other han eastern europe is expirienced regarding crypto, land got a larger crypto community then in west, mainly becuase of the historical mistrust towards gowerments, insitutions and banks. In some west Eu countries, like Sweden, knowledge about crypto, in mainstream population is almost non existing.

Sorry for massive of typos, but tired lika dog, becuase of a rough day, tuning all the miners to a maximum. Unfortianly i went one step to high in the auto tunning, and in the end i blow the main fuses, 4x80amps, supplying the farm, then i just threw in the towel and went home.
legendary
Ok i'll find something. Another reliable shop is Prominerz in Switzerland. I bougth some miners there to in 2019, i donnu their ability in spares, maybe on reguest as service?

You lose nothing if you contact them, it's just doesn't line up perfectly, Switzerland and mining don't seem to blend well, I mean who on earth would start a mining business in that expensive country? were prices near the reasonable back in 2019 when you bought the gears? I think what you should look for is a supplier in Eastern Europe, mining there is a thing and probably the supplier's option is much better on that side of the continent.
Ok i'll find something. Another reliable shop is Prominerz in Switzerland. I bougth some miners there to in 2019, i donnu their ability in spares, maybe on reguest as service?
legendary
I dont know if tare  afiliated with Bitmain, or not.

They are not, also their website looks scammy but the prices seem legit and more to the upside than the opposite.

Seems like mining in EU is dying, if not already dead (power cost-related issue for the most part), and not so many Europeans discuss suppliers, EU tax, and all the stuff that are related to EU, unlike how the U.S folks here do, maybe one of you should start a topic dedicated to EU miners so you all can share resources, news and anything else that you might find useful, there are probably at least 5-6 EU based miners around this board.
Activity: 604
Merit: 416
Regarding Antminer spares.  https://www.antminerdistribution.com/ is EU based and reliable (bougth a miner back in 2019), more expensive then most of asian sites, but if you do your purchase trough a company they will deduct the VAT. They have both miners and spares availble, mostly on request though. I dont know if tare  afiliated with Bitmain, or not.

Would you care to provide proof of payment or some sort of proof that you successfully bought miners from them? They are not affiliated with Bitmain and they always seemed like a scam to me. Sometimes they had better prices than Bitmain themselves.

[...]

I'll check with them, they might have something I need.
Regarding Antminer spares.  https://www.antminerdistribution.com/ is EU based and reliable (bougth a miner back in 2019), more expensive then most of asian sites, but if you do your purchase trough a company they will deduct the VAT. They have both miners and spares availble, mostly on request though. I dont know if tare  afiliated with Bitmain, or not.
Pages:
Jump to: