Pages:
Author

Topic: TalkImg.com - Image hosting for BitcoinTalk - page 44. (Read 15580 times)

legendary
Activity: 2366
Merit: 1408
Wow, congratulations Joker, this is excellent, mainly because of this:

After a few years of noticing how many images do not appear correctly in the forum or are very slow to load, not to mention the images that stop appearing after a few months or years, the TalkImg project was born.

I have always used imgur or imgbb but after a while the images disappear and/or get broken.
A lot of old topics get weird or meaningless without the images, and I think the best feature will be this.

I will do the tests, but I can already tell you that I will start using your site and if I need to I will make some suggestions.

Just one question, as time goes by, won't the cost of maintaining all the images become too expensive?
(even if your tool is only for the forum)
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 4711
**In BTC since 2013**
Code:
-----BEGIN BITCOIN SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Today is 28/04/2023 and I'm joker_josue, owner and manager of the website www.talkimg.com
-----BEGIN SIGNATURE-----
1498wXNYWsg4s3QMvCZhc12a2dR6WFbGUm
HAb/LiYvEET+Bbm0qU+E6KODMrP0k05QY2FR7v6l3OfbDBinfpNK7Lri1gfWGZbaUvUcwOhyZpw+G/ZQHouID6w=
-----END BITCOIN SIGNED MESSAGE-----

Code:
-----BEGIN BITCOIN SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Today 02/05/2023 I joker_josue, inform you that the address for donations to the www.talkimg.com project is the following: bc1qhwnncpdd8gfzqwjkk9n052wf7g9mvks3xaa7qa
-----BEGIN SIGNATURE-----
1498wXNYWsg4s3QMvCZhc12a2dR6WFbGUm
GzxVbilpxCesvMX+1YBWN8EJarmi5VMFwIRlNn8qdDwDcMwdjMzzfmvCU3l4PLJ22ust6gjMDlsRBGcOOroIs44=
-----END BITCOIN SIGNED MESSAGE-----

See also...
legendary
**In BTC since 2013**
Change Log:
  • 14/11/2023 | OP updated with the link "TalkImg Service Status", where it is possible to check uptime.
  • 07/11/2023 | ZIP v0.45 - It is now possible to convert WebP and BMP images. Improvements to zipping configuration.
  • 25/09/2023 | ZIP v0.34 - Launch of the new tool to compress images larger than 2.5MB.
  • 18/08/2023 | v1.19 - Several graphic adjustments were made, for better visualization of some information.
  • 07/08/2023 | OP updated with total project statistical information.
  • 10/07/2023 | v1.17 - Added more information about donations.
  • 05/06/2023 | v1.16 - Added button to resize image before upload, and improvements in the way to select the link to embed.
  • 30/05/2023 | OP updated the translations list.
  • 28/05/2023 | OP updated with information about system backups.
  • 26/05/2023 | v1.14 - The file is now renamed at the time of upload, to a random name.
  • 19/05/2023 | v1.13 - Auto checked terms when uploading, to facilitate use via TOR browser and similar.
  • 17/05/2023 | Updated to OP with more information (Server/Account/Links, Scripts & Add-ons).
  • 15/05/2023 | Upgraded the server to better performance.
  • 13/05/2023 | v1.12 - Adjustments to the Flood Protection system.
  • 09/05/2023 | v1.11 - Improvements to the user area.
  • 06/05/2023 | v1.10 - Created The option for the code to incorporate BBCode already with the actual height and width of the image. Settings in the area of user accounts.
  • 03/05/2023 | OP updated with some more details about the project (Long Term).
  • 02/05/2023 | v1.03 - Added information for donations.
  • 01/05/2023 | OP updated with some more details about the project.
                      | v1.02 - Adjusting the supported size of 2.5MB and at the hosting level.
  • 28/04/2023 | v1.00 - Launch of the TalkImg website.

legendary
**In BTC since 2013**

WWW.TALKIMG.COM

I present a new image hosting service, specially designed for BitcoinTalk and the entire community.
After a few years of noticing how many images do not appear correctly in the forum or are very slow to load, not to mention the images that stop appearing after a few months or years, the TalkImg project was born.

Purpose  ____________________
Provide a hosting service dedicated to the BitcoinTalk forum that is useful and practical for everyone.
It is intended that the images remain available in the forum, and have a fast loading.

Features ____________________
- All uploaded images can only be used in the forum (unless requested by a user; it can be done after an evaluation by joker_josue).
- It is only allowed to upload images in formats accepted by the forum (JPG, JPEG, PNG, GIF).
- Images must have a maximum size of 2.5MB.
- Once uploaded, images cannot be deleted (unless you use the link generated at the time of upload, which is only accessible at that time).
- NSFW images are not allowed.
- No registration of user information is performed (only the IP is saved for spam control).
- All EXIF information is deleted by the system when uploading.
- Option in the code to embed the BBCode already with the actual height and width of the image (just choose "BBCode full fix HxW").

Long Term  __________________
I have several years of experience with online galleries, and based on that experience I hope to keep this project online for as long as possible. Of course, we cannot predict the future, but what depends on me, this project will be maintained for many, many years.

Server  _____________________
The server dedicated to TalkImg is located in the Netherlands, consisting of NVMe SSD disks guaranteeing the best read/write speeds.It uses LiteSpeed Web Server software, which guarantees better performance. And with AMD EPYC processors, so all information is processed as quickly as possible. This service is already assured for the coming years, with the capacity to expand whenever necessary.

Account ____________________
This service is intended for exclusive use on BitcoinTalk, in this sense only forum users can have an account on TalkImg, for this reason the account creation option is not active for the general public. Users who want to have an account should contact joker_josue by PM to request it. The request will be evaluated and if approved the account will be created.

Backups ___________________
- The server automatically performs daily backups that will be kept for up to 30 days.
- A ZIP is created weekly with all the new image uploads from the last week, which will be available for download for 15 days, here: talkimg.com/tempbackups/

new ZIP Tool _________________
Auxiliary tool, which allows you to ZIP images larger than 2.5MB. Compression is performed via PHP features, which can significantly reduce image quality. The image is automatically loaded, converted and sent to TalkImg, providing the link/BBCode to be used on the forum. This tool is still in BETA phase, and there may be errors.
Access: Image Zip Tool - TalkImg

new Statistics ________________
Total statistical data, since the project started (April 28, 2023):

Pages:
Jump to:
© 2020, Bitcointalksearch.org