Author

Topic: [TEK] TEKcoin Hi-PoS hybrid pos/pow no premine/ipo/ico - page 119. (Read 446058 times)

Activity: 560
Merit: 500
stake it up  Shocked

pos diff is back to .0000x now and paying 40%
Maybe I'm just being a jerk, which if that is the case I apologize in advance for not understanding, But shouldn't these resets be scheduled so that it does not only benefit the few who know its going to happen?

I don't want to be a troll, this is my primary coin and I don't want to do anything to hurt it. I just believe fairness will benefit the coin.

Feel free to delete this if I am off base. Again I am I strong supporter.

What resets? The difficulty going down? It is governed by statistics and the number of stakes being mined per second.
Cool, looks like I just misunderstood this. Thanks for the clarification.
legendary
Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000
Blockchain Developer
stake it up  Shocked

Maybe I'm just being a jerk, which if that is the case I apologize in advance for not understanding, But shouldn't these resets be scheduled so that it does not only benefit the few who know its going to happen?

I don't want to be a troll, this is my primary coin and I don't want to do anything to hurt it. I just believe fairness will benefit the coin.

What resets? The difficulty going down? It is governed by statistics and the number of stakes being mined per second.
stake it up  Shocked

Activity: 650
Pick and place? I need more coffee.
I think it stops gaining stake weight at 90 days.
Will pos diff back to .0000x or not? Sad

That's what I want to know, i haven't staked in 68 days.

WOW, dude, sorry for that... I am only ~40 days for now... But who knows... Sad
I've been getting my 30 day stakes last couple of days.
Does this coin get monthly resets?

I've been getting my 30 day stakes last couple of days.
Activity: 483
Merit: 250

legendary
Activity: 1148

Activity: 483
Merit: 250
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1007
DMD Diamond Making Money 4+ years! Join us!
I am trying to figure out how to reduce orphans in my wallet. Anybody know any tricks?

bigger blocks will do the tricks.

Yes, bigger blocks solve this issue.
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1090
=== NODE IS OK! ==
I am trying to figure out how to reduce orphans in my wallet. Anybody know any tricks?

Im not sure is it works, but you can try the HBN approach in increasing block size

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=303749.3040
legendary
Activity: 1148

Activity: 808
Merit: 502
Activity: 808
Merit: 502
I am trying to do some maintenance on my tek wallet because it freezes a lot while staking. Does anybody know how long it can take to do a wallet repair. So far it has been over 2 hours and cpu is running at 27 %. The wallet cursor is just spinning. I cant tell whether it is progressing or it is hung.

Well I am glad I was patient. It took over 5 hours but it ran and successfully repaired the wallet. So if anyone ever wants to know about how long it can take. Wallet Repair can take quite a while to run so do not give up and kill the program. Let it run to completion.
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022
Anarchy is not chaos.
I upgraded to the latest wallet, backed up wallet.dat file synced the wallet and now all my staked coins are missing but I see the transactions greyed out. I had about 256 Tek and when I do a repair wallet it only gives me back my first two transactions that is about 32 Tek.

This is the first time I have ever lost any coins that i could not recover from my wallet.dat file using repairwallet command, I there anyway to get my staked coins back?

Thanks

check the transactions against a block explorer, make sure you weren't somehow on a fork.

If that didn't happen, you could go back to the older wallet, send everything to yourself, and then upgrade. Likely there are better ways, that's just what came immediately to mind.
Activity: 770
I upgraded to the latest wallet, backed up wallet.dat file synced the wallet and now all my staked coins are missing but I see the transactions greyed out. I had about 256 Tek and when I do a repair wallet it only gives me back my first two transactions that is about 32 Tek.

This is the first time I have ever lost any coins that i could not recover from my wallet.dat file using repairwallet command, I there anyway to get my staked coins back?

Thanks
legendary
with the pos diff on a steady climb i would suggest staking large blocks and shooting for more compounding.

what block size would you recommend?

The larger the better. I have all of my coins in 2 blocks and it works fine. They mint after 30 days, withing a few hours.
Activity: 544
with the pos diff on a steady climb i would suggest staking large blocks and shooting for more compounding.

what block size would you recommend?
Activity: 225
Merit: 100
Well, for supply to not go up PoS reward would have to be removed.  If that happened why would you want TEK?  You can't spend it.
how much TEKcoins will be ?
the nummber?

No upper limit.
then the price cant go really up  Sad

I think the answer may lie in limiting the stake reward to something like 500. You still have the advertised 500%/annum returns, but in reality it will be much lower due to increased POS difficulty the smaller block will produce.  I think it is a good compromise between maintaining  incentives and limiting inflation.
For example, HBN has 250 max reward and CAP 1000, and they are both popular and thriving.
legendary
how much TEKcoins will be ?
the nummber?

No upper limit.
then the price cant go really up  Sad

One would think... but it has gone pretty stable over the course of several months. Also the inflation controls seem to work rather well. High POS coins are speculative at best, but this one has performed remarkably well over it's lifetime.

The problem is that the price can really go up as long as stake % can go down and limit the supply. However, this system s got its limits. But yes, I agree, TEK s been doing remarkably fine recently.
Jump to: