Author

Topic: [TEK] TEKcoin Hi-PoS hybrid pos/pow no premine/ipo/ico - page 122. (Read 446058 times)

Activity: 108
Merit: 10
Working on adding TEK to my little block chain analysis site. My local version is all synced up, but my server is only half way synced Cry

Anyways, thought you TEKheads would like to see your weight spent and annual stake rate charts Cheesy  As expected, PoS difficulty and annual stake rate look to move exactly opposite of each other.

Wow! Very nice job!!
Thanks for the insight Smiley Can't wait to see more now! Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000
Blockchain Developer
Working on adding TEK to my little block chain analysis site. My local version is all synced up, but my server is only half way synced Cry

Anyways, thought you TEKheads would like to see your weight spent and annual stake rate charts Cheesy  As expected, PoS difficulty and annual stake rate look to move exactly opposite of each other.

Activity: 33
Merit: 0
Does anyone ever joined www.stakemybit.com to stake TekCoin? And Does anyone knows how to contact its webmaster?
I sent a bunch of coin but did'nt get anything on the account pool, if it is not working anymore i think we should know before losing coins...
Activity: 298
Merit: 250
Grin  price is cracking 5k sats again today.  Shocked

TEKcoin looking great in 2015

Yes, will be a good year for TEK. Hope some noob doesn't sell his coins for a measly $300 like awhile back. What was it for a car or something? 

That is fairly short sighted and close minded. We all do this for profit right? Why hate on another person for doing the same. Any dump is a great chance to pick up coin at a bargain price, i have my orders ready do you? Bring on the dumpers!

Besides, if you're a serious trader, it's not that hard to set a floor. If you're ass is broke like me, then you set your price and hope...

If you look at cryptsy - you will see how volume rised.. now it takes alot of tek for price to move just a little! Volatility down
peace

legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1003
"Yobit pump alert software" Link in my signature!
Veteran Traders know Tek is one of the best/most trusted coins out there, and works like a dream.

Vegas
legendary
Activity: 968
Merit: 1002
Question for Dev,

How many Hard coded nodes are in the Tek Software?

Thanks.
 Cool

It has 5 hard coded nodes + IRC node discovery turned on.
legendary
Activity: 1092
Question for Dev,

How many Hard coded nodes are in the Tek Software?

Thanks.
 Cool
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022
Anarchy is not chaos.

Yes, will be a good year for TEK. Hope some noob doesn't sell his coins for a measly $300 like awhile back. What was it for a car or something? 

That is fairly short sighted and close minded. We all do this for profit right? Why hate on another person for doing the same. Any dump is a great chance to pick up coin at a bargain price, i have my orders ready do you? Bring on the dumpers!

Besides, if you're a serious trader, it's not that hard to set a floor. If you're ass is broke like me, then you set your price and hope...
legendary
Activity: 938

legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1004
thanks ! This could be added to the wallet  Wink
legendary
Anarchy is not chaos.
anyone can answer my question Tongue

1- Can we lock our wallet after we unlock it ? Cant find the way to do it.

2- I see not staking becasue wallet is locked even if Im unlocked ?

I mainly use the daemon, so I know the commands. Not sure if there are buttons in the GUI or not. But if you use the command walletpassphrase
legendary
anyone can answer my question Tongue

Activity: 225
Merit: 100

Thank you ClioRS and Biomech for responding to my questions.

So if I understand it correctly the only way to lower the TEK POS difficulty is that we all collaborate and start combining all these small blocks into larger ones?  And if no one (or not enough people) will do this then we'll never see a 40% monthly stake rate ever again?

That is correct. Due to relative complexity, I doubt everyone will merge blocks, so there will always be a fluctuating difficulty going forward. But I wouldn't worry too much about it and here's why:
The difficulty mechanism is intended to control inflation, which in the long run should boost the value of the coin. So in the end, regardless of how many coins you have, it may not make any difference in your total wealth.

Disclaimer: This is just a theory I pulled out of my butt.
legendary
2 quick question.

Wink
Activity: 728
Merit: 500
If I'm not mistaken, difficulty is rising due to the huge amount of small blocks that are staking.
You can observe this at http://blockexperts.com/tek

The only way to avoid this, is to combine smaller blocks into one large block.

@Thundertoe, correct me if I'm wrong

Hi, I'm a fan of TEK and I got quite a few of them in my wallet but I have a noob question.

What exactly is causing the difficulty to go up so much?  Today it's about 0.0018 but it fluctuates. All I understand is that I should keep my wallet locked and wait for lower diff before staking to maximize the stake rate.

Is the high diff caused by a lot of people mining it? (POW).  Or is it because a lot of wallets are open, or not open, or staking, or locked?  Ok, I'm sure you get that I'm totally clueless at understanding this. Would somebody be so kind to explain it to me?

Thanks!

You're correct, and also in regards the original question, POW difficulty is not related to POS difficulty. They are completely different functions.

Thank you ClioRS and Biomech for responding to my questions.

So if I understand it correctly the only way to lower the TEK POS difficulty is that we all collaborate and start combining all these small blocks into larger ones?  And if no one (or not enough people) will do this then we'll never see a 40% monthly stake rate ever again?

legendary
Anarchy is not chaos.
If I'm not mistaken, difficulty is rising due to the huge amount of small blocks that are staking.

Hi, I'm a fan of TEK and I got quite a few of them in my wallet but I have a noob question.

What exactly is causing the difficulty to go up so much?  Today it's about 0.0018 but it fluctuates. All I understand is that I should keep my wallet locked and wait for lower diff before staking to maximize the stake rate.

Is the high diff caused by a lot of people mining it? (POW).  Or is it because a lot of wallets are open, or not open, or staking, or locked?  Ok, I'm sure you get that I'm totally clueless at understanding this. Would somebody be so kind to explain it to me?

Thanks!

You're correct, and also in regards the original question, POW difficulty is not related to POS difficulty. They are completely different functions.
Activity: 15
Merit: 0

Thanks!

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

Thanks!

legendary
Activity: 1231
Merit: 1001
You guys should update the information on Crypsty.  It says 100 million coins, but it really is unlimited, right?

https://www.cryptsy.com/currencies/view/TEK
I just talked to thundertoe to clarify (and make him aware of this). Yes the information is incorrect. 100 million is the transaction limit, but there is currently nothing in the code that ends POW.

Thanks Biomech for clarifying!  I really think this needs to be changed on Crypsty because it is false advertising and the whole motto of Tekcoin is No BS.
legendary
Anarchy is not chaos.
Anyone feel a draft?

Nope. I'm past the draftable age. About the only good thing about getting old Cheesy
Jump to: