Author

Topic: [TEK] TEKcoin Hi-PoS hybrid pos/pow no premine/ipo/ico - page 123. (Read 446058 times)

Activity: 364
Merit: 250
Anyone feel a draft?
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022
Anarchy is not chaos.
quick question. Is it suppoce to be long to launch with bootstrap?
Thanks

last time I did it, it took about three hours. Vs. nearly 15 from network. Long is relative Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000
Thanks

Yes it takes time to load up from bootstrap.
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1004
Thanks
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1003
"Yobit pump alert software" Link in my signature!
Grin  price is cracking 5k sats again today.  Shocked

TEKcoin looking great in 2015

It might be a good time to dazzle that wallet with a new wardrobe. I like retro and all, but tekcoin really deserves a much better looking wallet for such a superior coin. Its one of the few coins I can feel very safe investing in.

Vegas
legendary
Activity: 938
 Grin  price is cracking 5k sats again today.  Shocked

TEKcoin looking great in 2015

legendary
Activity: 1092
legendary
Activity: 968
Merit: 1002
Here is the updated wallet binary for Raspberry Pi, compiled by sluppy -
http://tekcoin.uk/tekcoin-qt-2.2.1.0-pi.tar.gz
Activity: 808
Merit: 502

If the issue is :
when you view the transaction , it stays unconfirmed .

Click on Help, Debug, Console,
Type in repairwallet , after the wallet is repaired , the amount in overview should include the unconfirmed amount, Close the wallet , then reopen the wallet , after being open a few minutes , it should resend the transaction automatically.

Thanks guys I'll give that  a try.
Activity: 225
Merit: 100

This is one of the many reasons I run Linux. Better control over RAM Cheesy but yes, it sounds like high cpu usage. Basically, either get more ram, or deal with it freezing up from time to time, or close some of your wallets till you're fully synced. Synching itself is rather cpu intensive. Staking moreso.

Let me add, indexing the blockchain is pretty disk intensive, which can also tie up a computer. This is where an SSD really shines.
legendary
Activity: 1092
Anybody know how to rebroadcast a tekcoin transaction?

If the issue is :
when you view the transaction , it stays unconfirmed .

Click on Help, Debug, Console,
Type in repairwallet , after the wallet is repaired , the amount in overview should include the unconfirmed amount, Close the wallet , then reopen the wallet , after being open a few minutes , it should resend the transaction automatically.

Cool
Anybody know how to rebroadcast a tekcoin transaction?
Activity: 433
Merit: 250
We passed 5000 satoshi today Smiley

WoW, thats awesome!
More and more people realize how great TEK is...
I think that I have too many wallets open on this laptop. I am running 5 other wallets that are POS. Sometimes running other wallets as well. CPUs are maxed out. I have plenty of memory so memory is not the problem. I will try splitting duty of POS to second PC. Will let you know how it goes. Thanks everyone for the comments.
legendary
We passed 5000 satoshi today Smiley
legendary
Anarchy is not chaos.
Thanks Biomech I did manage to find some new nodes and that worked and I am solidly connected to the network. Now I am back to the original problem where the wallet is freezing a lot. It stops for several moments and then resumes. I think it needs to have some maintenance done. What do you recommend for the freezing problem. Maybe I have too many small blocks or something like that.

how many blocks do you have?

Also is your wallet locked and staking?

You can see if your pc is running out of memory by running the Task Manager.

Sounds like you have lot of wallets running and some are staking at the same time, i have the issue, added more RAM and i was good.

This is one of the many reasons I run Linux. Better control over RAM Cheesy but yes, it sounds like high cpu usage. Basically, either get more ram, or deal with it freezing up from time to time, or close some of your wallets till you're fully synced. Synching itself is rather cpu intensive. Staking moreso.
legendary
Thanks Biomech I did manage to find some new nodes and that worked and I am solidly connected to the network. Now I am back to the original problem where the wallet is freezing a lot. It stops for several moments and then resumes. I think it needs to have some maintenance done. What do you recommend for the freezing problem. Maybe I have too many small blocks or something like that.

how many blocks do you have?

Also is your wallet locked and staking?

You can see if your pc is running out of memory by running the Task Manager.

Sounds like you have lot of wallets running and some are staking at the same time, i have the issue, added more RAM and i was good.
legendary
Anarchy is not chaos.
anyone having trouble connecting to the network. My wallet is suddenly dropping on and off the network. I think I need a new set of nodes please.
Thanks in advance...

Is there a way to figure out good nodes to use. I find that every so many months I have to get new nodes. It would be nice to know how to discover new nodes on my own.

Here's what I do. Not just with Tek, where I rarely have problems.

First run getpeerinfo, and copy all of your current peers to a text file. Just in case. Stop the client or daemon.

Then, go into .tekcoin folder (or users\\appdata\roaming\tekcoin if windoze) and edit tekcoin.conf to remove or better comment out your addnodes. All of them. (#addnode= makes it invisible to the client).

Now, delete peers.dat and restart the client or daemon.

Wait about ten minutes. usually it will find good peers.
anyone having trouble connecting to the network. My wallet is suddenly dropping on and off the network. I think I need a new set of nodes please.
Thanks in advance...

Is there a way to figure out good nodes to use. I find that every so many months I have to get new nodes. It would be nice to know how to discover new nodes on my own.
Jump to: