Author

Topic: [TEK] TEKcoin Hi-PoS hybrid pos/pow no premine/ipo/ico - page 121. (Read 446058 times)

Activity: 225
Merit: 100
So what does anyone gain by having lots of teeny tiny blocks to stake?  Besides keeping the couple of minutes it would take to combine them in order to spend those two minutes doing something far more valuable than aiming for 40% interest per month.
How long can blocks continue to gain weight before there is no more chance of higher stake?

I can only assume it's technically daunting for some to learn and use coin control. It's just easier to let them stake. I hope in the future we can build a wallet that's more user friendly.

According to the code, blocks will gain weight for up to 90 days. From there, the block keeps competing for stake with that weight. That's not to say your stake reward won't keep accumulating. Maybe someone else can verify this.
Activity: 108
Merit: 10
Thank you all for your answers Smiley
In the end, I guess it's all about finding the right balance between a good price for the coin and a good stake %.
I will keep on grouping my blocks after the next stake and wish this coin a very long life!
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1005
crunck
I'm going to get in on this.

However I want to put it onto a VPS as my computer is not on 24/7

Can someone please take the time to give me a noob guide as how to do that.

Getting the coin on there is not a problem, but I believe i then have to encrypt stuff is that correct ?

Thanks
legendary
Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000
Blockchain Developer
That PoS diff.... wow

Activity: 72
Hello all, I've been in Tek from almost the beginning. This coin is still staking like a champ on my computer every day. Compounding. Still one of my favorite crypto's.
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1007
DMD Diamond Making Money 4+ years! Join us!
High PoS diff should result in further price increase. No high stake, no coins to sell. No coins to sell, the price goes up.  Grin
legendary
Activity: 938
with the pos diff on a steady climb i would suggest staking large blocks and shooting for more compounding.
Activity: 45
Merit: 0
So what does anyone gain by having lots of teeny tiny blocks to stake?  Besides keeping the couple of minutes it would take to combine them in order to spend those two minutes doing something far more valuable than aiming for 40% interest per month.
How long can blocks continue to gain weight before there is no more chance of higher stake?
Activity: 225
Merit: 100
Does it mean the more coins are waiting to stake the higher is difficulty?
What is the exact relationship between PoS difficulty and PoW difficulty?

(sorry if these questions are too obvious, but I still have a lot of knowledge to acquire Smiley )

It just means more coins with weight are competing to stake. That is a good thing IMHO. It means more people are interested and participating in staking, and the coin is healthy and more secure as a result. I doubt everyone will optimize their blocks as you've done, so high diff will likely continue. Other popular high-staking coins face a similar situation. It is something we have to accept.

There is no relationship between POW and POS diffs -- they are separate functions -- other than people are interested in acquiring the coin by any means. However, I've noticed the two closely follow each other for, I believe, the same reasons.

Don't apologize. We need to build a good wiki.

Edit: An apology to thundertoe. I just noticed the user guide link on the OP.
Activity: 15
Merit: 0
TEK diff is riding pretty high these days! It almost reached 0.011 a few hours ago...
If I get it right, this is mainly caused by small blocks (so I consolidated mine as much as possible) but I must admit I don't understand very well the following: PoS diff rises and falls depending on how many coins are getting staked how often similar to PoW mining diff

(sorry if these questions are too obvious, but I still have a lot of knowledge to acquire Smiley )

I would like to know the answer as well, i have 5 blocks ready to stake but my wallet is locked waiting on the difficulty to drop a little.

Here you can find the answer:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.11532485
legendary
Activity: 1148
TEK diff is riding pretty high these days! It almost reached 0.011 a few hours ago...
If I get it right, this is mainly caused by small blocks (so I consolidated mine as much as possible) but I must admit I don't understand very well the following: PoS diff rises and falls depending on how many coins are getting staked how often similar to PoW mining diff

I would like to know the answer as well, i have 5 blocks ready to stake but my wallet is locked waiting on the difficulty to drop a little.

Activity: 480
Merit: 250
1 000 000 block  Grin
legendary
Activity: 1231
Merit: 1001
Laugh.  I meant me personally.
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1007
DMD Diamond Making Money 4+ years! Join us!
I know we aren't friends, but could you put Diamond (DMD) on your site?  I can put you in touch with the devs.  Smile.

We are all friends, why would we be? There s enough space for several good PoS coins to coexist.  Grin

legendary
I know we aren't friends, but could you put Diamond (DMD) on your site?  I can put you in touch with the devs.  Smile.
legendary
Blockchain Developer
Wow!  That is really cool.  The graphs are awesome.  Are you planning on doing this for other coins?

I am mostly just hooking up coins that I know the devs of, or have friends that bug me that their favorite coins need to be on my site Tongue

What do you guys think about my hash rate chart? It required some custom coding to grab all the info, but I think it is correct. Keep in mind that the hash rate reported by the coin client is an estimate based on statistics, how long it takes to find a block, and difficulty which is the reason why you see outliers. One word of caution is that I limited to returning only 5000 datapoints, so not every single PoW block is included.

http://www.presstab.pw/phpexplorer/TEK/charts.php?type=hash

legendary
Wow!  That is really cool.  The graphs are awesome.  Are you planning on doing this for other coins?
legendary
Blockchain Developer
Alright TEKheads my little block chain analysis tool is up Smiley Took a while to sync all those blocks Wink

http://www.presstab.pw/phpexplorer/TEK/

Don't forget to check out the address chart. For example, check out the #1 balance on the richlist http://www.presstab.pw/phpexplorer/TEK/address.php?address=BacHhukjEjvxFsHaGnbYAZnsLmRfYPbdZR

Looking at the chart, this guy has the majority of his stake at the same time each month... and could drive diff up during those few days.
Jump to: