Author

Topic: [TEK] TEKcoin Hi-PoS hybrid pos/pow no premine/ipo/ico - page 124. (Read 446058 times)

legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1011
Has there been any discussion, or plans to get Tek on to coinpayments.com??
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022
Anarchy is not chaos.
You guys should update the information on Crypsty.  It says 100 million coins, but it really is unlimited, right?

https://www.cryptsy.com/currencies/view/TEK
I just talked to thundertoe to clarify (and make him aware of this). Yes the information is incorrect. 100 million is the transaction limit, but there is currently nothing in the code that ends POW.
legendary
Activity: 1231
Merit: 1001
You guys should update the information on Crypsty.  It says 100 million coins, but it really is unlimited, right?

https://www.cryptsy.com/currencies/view/TEK
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000
getting close to 20btc volume at cryptsy in last 24hours  Smiley

that is awesome
legendary
Activity: 938
getting close to 20btc volume at cryptsy in last 24hours  Smiley
Activity: 225
Merit: 100
stake it up  Shocked

pos diff is back to .0000x now and paying 40%

Cha-Ching!
legendary
stake it up  Shocked

I staked 4 blocks this morning at 40%
I have one more to go
legendary
Activity: 938
stake it up  Shocked

legendary
Anarchy is not chaos.
Some POS coins have a "window" where it stops gaining weight after a time. TEK doesn't.

As far as I can see TEK has the standard PPC stake protocol including max weight

Code:
unsigned int nStakeMinAge = 60 * 60 * 24 * 30; // minimum age for coin age
unsigned int nStakeMaxAge = 60 * 60 * 24 * 90; // stake age of full weight
unsigned int nStakeTargetSpacing = 1 * 60; // 60 seconds block spacing
https://github.com/noise23/TEK/blob/master/src/main.cpp#L46

Hmm. I wonder if that's part of Noise23's update? Or was I just wrong?

As long as i can remember it has always been this way.

Ah well. Not the first time I've been wrong Tongue

I guess my understanding was off because it does continue to accrue "interest", but not weight. I thought it was both. Never had a TEK block take more than a couple days to stake, so I didn't care, but it's better to be correct.
Activity: 225
Merit: 100
Some POS coins have a "window" where it stops gaining weight after a time. TEK doesn't.

As far as I can see TEK has the standard PPC stake protocol including max weight

Code:

As long as i can remember it has always been this way.
legendary
Activity: 1330
Blockchain Developer

Code:

It would have been a hard fork not a simple update. Pretty sure that its always been this way, but not positive.

Been a while since I have thought about TEK Tongue Looks like the community has stayed strong here Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1092

Code:

My understanding was only the weight was limited at 90 days, limiting block weight competing for stake but the interest continues to accrue until it does stake. Does anywhere in the tekcoin code say different.
Basically the staking weight is capped but the interest earned is not, meaning you would earn more interest the longer it takes to stake.

Cool
legendary
Anarchy is not chaos.

Code:

legendary
Activity: 1330
Blockchain Developer

Code:
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1011
Any possibility of adding S4C/S4E into the wallet?? Like the one in NETcoin wallet?
legendary
Anarchy is not chaos.
I am a little confused by the "you will get the rate of 60 days."
If you don't stake 1000 coins for 60 days at 10% you will get 30 day rate of 1100, and the 1210 for the second month all in one go?
How about partial months?
Let's say I wait out 40 days because the difficulty is too high, then it drops down so I start staking.  How is my extra 10 days paid out to me?

Also, if we all want to wait for a low difficulty, can the next release of the wallet have an auto-stake at the lowest difficulty?

I can't recall exactly how it's coded, but the interest rate is approximately 500% per annum (with variation from Novacoin code). If you go past the initial maturity, there's no upper limit. If you held out for a full year, and hit the difficulty correctly, you'd get ~500 %. Some POS coins have a "window" where it stops gaining weight after a time. TEK doesn't.

EDIT, I hit post too soon Tongue

It should be relatively trivial to write a script that monitors difficulty and unlocks your wallet via RPC command. Personally, I'm along for the ride. It stakes at whatever it stakes at. I know that's not optimal, but it's my game.
legendary
Activity: 1231
Merit: 1001
I am a little confused by the "you will get the rate of 60 days."
If you don't stake 1000 coins for 60 days at 10% you will get 30 day rate of 1100, and the 1210 for the second month all in one go?
How about partial months?
Let's say I wait out 40 days because the difficulty is too high, then it drops down so I start staking.  How is my extra 10 days paid out to me?

Also, if we all want to wait for a low difficulty, can the next release of the wallet have an auto-stake at the lowest difficulty?
legendary
I used to have just one block, but thought I saw somewhere that it was better to break them up , so now I have 25 blocks of 5k but if it is better to just stake every other month, I don't see any advantage to staking everyday like I do with NET

Every other month?

But if you have a block which is 60 days old, don't you lose the coins which you would get if you would stake at 30 days?

For example, you have 1000 TEK, after 30 days you stake at 10% and you get 1100 coins to stake the next month.

If you stake every other month, in 60 days you ll still have that original 1000 TEK block to stake.

You will get the rate for 60 days.
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1007
DMD Diamond Making Money 4+ years! Join us!
I used to have just one block, but thought I saw somewhere that it was better to break them up , so now I have 25 blocks of 5k but if it is better to just stake every other month, I don't see any advantage to staking everyday like I do with NET

Every other month?

But if you have a block which is 60 days old, don't you lose the coins which you would get if you would stake at 30 days?

For example, you have 1000 TEK, after 30 days you stake at 10% and you get 1100 coins to stake the next month.

If you stake every other month, in 60 days you ll still have that original 1000 TEK block to stake.
Activity: 266
Merit: 250
I am thinking that there are many running TEK wallets staking 24/7 these days on Raspberry units or similar.
These are probably staking hundreds of smaller blocks too.
Jump to: