Author

Topic: [TEK] TEKcoin Hi-PoS hybrid pos/pow no premine/ipo/ico - page 208. (Read 446058 times)

legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1011
I need some clarification,

when you type in getpeerinfo, you get the details from the peers.dat file. which is intern populated by the DNS on the network. But if you create a tekcoin.conf file and use connect instead of addnode, then it will ignore whatever is issued by the DNS/peers.dat and use the nodes in the tekcoin.conf file.

Is this correct? or am I mistaken??
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000
I will try it
legendary
Activity: 1033
Merit: 1005
Open an admin command window and type:

Salvagewallet.  Repair won't do anything.
Can you explain the differences betwenn repair wallet and salvage wallet?

Also, for everyone: repair wallet is a button in the GUI. salvage wallet, on the other hand, can only be access by command-line, with the --salvage-wallet argument. Could someone give the actual command line to enter?

This 360 second wait crap sucks balls...
m33
legendary
Activity: 1064
Never invest with borrowed coins
ok all done , save wallet dat , deleted tekcoin , now where to get the correct blockchain

Activity: 274
Merit: 122
xhabit

Yea, what is up with that, we have a ton of hashrate, and blocks found but none seem to be registering for payout.  Are they all orphan?  Something else up?

jk9694
Activity: 658
Merit: 503
Monero Core Team
Salvagewallet.  Repair won't do anything.
Can you explain the differences between repair wallet and salvage wallet?

Also, for everyone: repair wallet is a button in the GUI. salvage wallet, on the other hand, can only be access by command-line, with the --salvage-wallet argument. Could someone give the actual command line to enter?
Activity: 209
Merit: 100
there is one user on the pool what is marked: unknown

i'hope he will setup a new account ...
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
OK, so I deleted all tek files except wallet.dat. I downloaded latest version (v2.0.1.0) from BCT thread and am now syncing. It states 508860 blocks currently. Is this correct? Thanks!
legendary
Activity: 1033
Merit: 1005
Salvagewallet.  Repair won't do anything.

I have coins stuck in unconfirmed and i did repairwallet they are still there

How do i fix it?
legendary
Activity: 1148
I have coins stuck in unconfirmed and i did repairwallet they are still there

How do i fix it?
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1011
flubber, can you post your source for your pretty wallet? would like to get one made for Mac OSX
Monero Core Team
Thanks Biomech. Updated instructions:

1. (awaiting confirmation) We finally have a working TEK again - no more forks.
2. (confirmed) Do NOT start up the old client. Get the latest version instead (see OP). For Linux user, you must manually change Makefile to remove this character string several times: mgw48-. Also, the lastest code is not for the newer layout and does NOT yet integrate checkpoints.
3. (confirmed) Do NOT use the older blockchain. Sync everything from scratch (so, delete your /tekcoin folder EXCEPT your wallet, of course).
4. While you're at it, create a tekcoin.conf file like this one (thanks to oto3):
listen=0
connect=74.196.63.95
connect=75.90.67.140
connect=68.229.91.209
connect=108.59.185.202
connect=98.236.102.116
connect=75.91.15.240
connect=94.156.230.246
connect=212.21.68.60

Until further notice, use connect, not addnode.
6. (awaiting confirmation) If you want to have something closer to the advertised 40%, do NOT stake now (and thus, do not leave you wallet open more than for checking it works). Please note this is not an evidence that NVCS is really working as it should, only that under exceptional circumstances, it does sort work - but this is still not sure it works as intended. Presstab elaborated on this.
7. (awaiting confirmation) It would be good to check your wallet. Repair wallet and --salvage-wallet would make sense, but more explanations needed here
legendary
Activity: 938
ok guy im new o the coin world , so pls help me , do i delete everything for tekcoin , but make a backup of wallet from file ; backup wallet . with result in a dat file

Yes, and if you search where the wallet.dat  is on your system you can find it by (on windows 7) going to start and then in the searchbar type:  %appdata%
You will find a map called: "roaming" In that map there is a map called Tekcoin. That's where the blockindex and the wallet.dat are.

http://gyazo.com/59707c4f1241eec303ec5e80b43e421d

here is a screenshot, backup the wallet.dat and keep a copy somewhere, before you mess around.
Activity: 598
Merit: 501
ok guy im new o the coin world , so pls help me , do i delete everything for tekcoin , but make a backup of wallet from file ; backup wallet . with result in a dat file

Yes, and if you search where the wallet.dat  is on your system you can find it by (on windows 7) going to start and then in the searchbar type:  %appdata%
You will find a map called: "roaming" In that map there is a map called Tekcoin. That's where the blockindex and the wallet.dat are.

m33
legendary
Activity: 1064
Never invest with borrowed coins
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022
Anarchy is not chaos.
@ david, yes, it's normally addnode instead of connect. But to make sure, prior to the checkpoints and exclusions, connect will ONLY connect to the noted IP, whereas addnode will allow you to connect to as many peers as it can find.

That is in fact one way to make a test chain. Get the ip of the other guy's wallet, remove or comment out all addnodes, put in the connect statement for ONLY that wallet, and voila! new chain Tongue
Thanks for these explanations, stop believing that I know more than you do Smiley

By the way: I can't compile TEK's new version because it is looking for mingw-specific libraries (-lboost_system-mgw48-mt-s-1_55 -lboost_filesystem-mgw48-mt-s-1_55  -lboost_program_options-mgw48-mt-s-1_55 -lboost_thread-mgw48-mt-s-1_55). Sure, I could manually edit the makefile, but that's not the point of compiling from source to manually edit and I don't know how to commit a tekcoin-qt-linux.pro file (which should be updated manually everytime the tekcoin-qt.pro file would be updated).

I am using Manjaro (Arch-based, not a Debian-based Linux)
Makefile:418: recipe for target 'Tekcoin-qt' failed

Can you confirm step 2 and step 4?

step 2, yes. Step 4, it's always good to back up your wallet, but incorrect transactions will simply not confirm. If you're resyncing from zero or the uploaded blockchain, it shouldn't matter.
Monero Core Team
make sure you ran "qmake tekcoin-qt-linux.pro" an not "qmake tekcoin-qt.pro"
I did but it still contains references to mingw. I have to manually remove them after cloning, so my code is now three steps instead of one

Ideal one step
Code:
mkdir -p ~/cryptos && cd ~/cryptos && rm -rf TEK && git clone git://github.com/maxxine/TEK && cd TEK && qmake-qt5 Tekcoin-qt-linux.pro && make STATIC=1 -f Makefile && ln -s ~/cryptos/TEK/tekcoin-qt ~/Desktop/TEK

Present-day three steps
1. mkdir -p ~/cryptos && cd ~/cryptos && rm -rf TEK && git clone git://github.com/maxxine/TEK && cd TEK
2. edit Tekcoin-qt-linux.pro
3. qmake-qt5 Tekcoin-qt-linux.pro && make STATIC=1 -f Makefile && ln -s ~/cryptos/TEK/tekcoin-qt ~/Desktop/TEK

And the same goes for updates.

Ideal one step
Code:
cd ~/cryptos/TEK && git pull && qmake-qt5 tekcoin-qt.pro && make STATIC=1 -f Makefile

Present-day three steps
1. cd ~/cryptos/TEK && git pull
2. edit Tekcoin-qt-linux.pro
3. qmake-qt5 Tekcoin-qt.pro && make STATIC=1 -f Makefile
Activity: 329
Merit: 250
@ david, yes, it's normally addnode instead of connect. But to make sure, prior to the checkpoints and exclusions, connect will ONLY connect to the noted IP, whereas addnode will allow you to connect to as many peers as it can find.

That is in fact one way to make a test chain. Get the ip of the other guy's wallet, remove or comment out all addnodes, put in the connect statement for ONLY that wallet, and voila! new chain Tongue
Thanks for these explanations, stop believing that I know more than you do Smiley

By the way: I can't compile TEK's new version because it is looking for mingw-specific libraries (-lboost_system-mgw48-mt-s-1_55 -lboost_filesystem-mgw48-mt-s-1_55  -lboost_program_options-mgw48-mt-s-1_55 -lboost_thread-mgw48-mt-s-1_55). Sure, I could manually edit the makefile, but that's not the point of compiling from source to manually edit and I don't know how to commit a tekcoin-qt-linux.pro file (which should be updated manually everytime the tekcoin-qt.pro file would be updated).

make sure you ran "qmake tekcoin-qt-linux.pro" an not "qmake tekcoin-qt.pro"
Monero Core Team

legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022
Anarchy is not chaos.

Jump to: