Pages:
Author

Topic: [TEK] TEKcoin Hi-PoS hybrid pos/pow no premine/ipo/ico - page 46. (Read 446058 times)

Activity: 445
Merit: 250
Hello, Thunder!
HardFork don't work! Microstaking might continue. Why?
Because it takes 30+ days to stake.
We should see what effect it has, if any, hardfork date + 30+ days.
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022
Anarchy is not chaos.
If I invest 1 BTC in TEK and get at least 30% per month, then I get 23 BTC after one year? Or may be it is some mistake?

Wrong, 1BTC staked monthly at 40% will yield 56.6BTC in exactly 1 year if you do not sell any of the stakes. You were not considering the compounding interest.

I made about 15 BTC in 3 months from Tek a while back. I bought around 1.2 BTC worth at around 1,000 sat, and staked for 3 months. Meanwhile, the price went up to over 5,000 sat and I couldn't resist taking my profit. True story.

Tek literally saved my trading career after I took huge losses from Litecoin and Bitcoin in early 2014. Tek has been around for a while and we should see a big rise in price soon. The dev has plans for it and is very active. With prices as cheap as they've ever been, NOW is the time to stock up and stake up!

Still overly simplistic, as this does NOT take into account trading prices. I've done alright with TEK, but at current prices, were I not altogether in stake profits now, I'd have lost money on the market downturn. I very distinctly remember 10K sats for a brief, shining moment. Sold off a lot back then, and bailed my ass out of a bad situation. But selling that same amount today wouldn't even get me 1BTC.
Activity: 21
Merit: 5
If I invest 1 BTC in TEK and get at least 30% per month, then I get 23 BTC after one year? Or may be it is some mistake?

Wrong, 1BTC staked monthly at 40% will yield 56.6BTC in exactly 1 year if you do not sell any of the stakes. You were not considering the compounding interest.

I made about 15 BTC in 3 months from Tek a while back. I bought around 1.2 BTC worth at around 1,000 sat, and staked for 3 months. Meanwhile, the price went up to over 5,000 sat and I couldn't resist taking my profit. True story.

Tek literally saved my trading career after I took huge losses from Litecoin and Bitcoin in early 2014. Tek has been around for a while and we should see a big rise in price soon. The dev has plans for it and is very active. With prices as cheap as they've ever been, NOW is the time to stock up and stake up!
Reed attentively, I said 30% not 40, because now you never get 40% or will be wait more then 30 day to get 40, and lost recapitalisation.
I made 8 BTC when buy TAK for 1 sat and sell for 9 on cryptsy, but now all my coins gone with cryptsy. True story.
Activity: 97
Merit: 10

Activity: 223
Merit: 100
Deep - Deeper - DeepOnion!
Just a word of warning to you all.  The folks at YoBit are not responding to a support ticket that I placed on the 26th of March.  I had a buy order in for some coin, and only part of the order exercised, I was charged for the entire order.  I have repeatedly asked for help via the support ticket system, and they are ignoring me.

Hard to want to do business with a outfit that rips you off.  Just saying!
new OSX mac wallet-qt v2410

freshly steaming from the git Wink

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5j8d4FSc7drb0xuR1hJVFQxWTg/view?usp=sharing

--
there's an address in the donation link in my sig if anyone feels appreciative enough Smiley

Dude! You rock.  Thanks.  Ill send more after I stake next.
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1036
new OSX mac wallet-qt v2410

freshly steaming from the git Wink

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5j8d4FSc7drb0xuR1hJVFQxWTg/view?usp=sharing

--
there's an address in the donation link in my sig if anyone feels appreciative enough Smiley
Activity: 88
Hello, Thunder!
HardFork don't work! Microstaking might continue. Why?

Gotta love compound interest!.

Even if you get 10% per month, and let it compound for a year you would end up with more then 3 times your initial investment. Beats the hell out of the .1 % you get in your savings account.

Point of interest: when doing your compound interest formula, remember that the balance only compounds 12 times per year, and that your interest rate is 12 times the monthly rate.

I folks really understood TEKs potential upside, it would be a very popular coin!
Activity: 64

there is no "at least" in the code, recently we have seen rates hit as low as the 10% range. Also you need a 23 btc buy order to sell into. If everyone who buys TEKcoin promotes it the same as you would have to work to earn money say selling Amway or Avon, then they help ensure the future of their investments bringing in new investors to build that floor.  There is no free money in TEKcoin, you still need to buy low sell high, or stake and work to promote or develop for TEKcoin, and secure future buyers.

My floor bid for Tek at 119 for 10000 , and further down abit another 28000 let see who has weak hands .
Activity: 627
Merit: 500
TEK blockchain updated on CryptoChainer.com.  Please avoid using direct links, as the link changes every time it's updated...
legendary
Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

there is no "at least" in the code, recently we have seen rates hit as low as the 10% range. Also you need a 23 btc buy order to sell into. If everyone who buys TEKcoin promotes it the same as you would have to work to earn money say selling Amway or Avon, then they help ensure the future of their investments bringing in new investors to build that floor.  There is no free money in TEKcoin, you still need to buy low sell high, or stake and work to promote or develop for TEKcoin, and secure future buyers.
Activity: 21
Merit: 5
Activity: 36
Merit: 0
Wasn't it mentioned that any thing lower than 100 will not stake ?

Microstaking might continue a while ... as long as (a) old-version clients do not disconnect from the network, and (b) there are enough of them to validate stake blocks smaller than the new limit.

Perhaps one of the authors could speak to this issue.
Activity: 982
Merit: 517
Nature decays, but Latinum lasts forever. RoA:102
It was fine few days ago managed to get 28% stake , and big dump at nz exchange time to stock up!!

Alright i guess we'll see. I was under impression that less than 100 tek there's no staking/coinage

All coins will stake, just little inputs combine in one stake a little more then 100 TEK, and create not 2-100 blocks, but only 1.
Activity: 64
It was fine few days ago managed to get 28% stake , and big dump at nz exchange time to stock up!!

Alright i guess we'll see. I was under impression that less than 100 tek there's no staking/coinage

m33
legendary
Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000
Never invest with borrowed coins
One more thing. Updating to the new wallet will NOT in any way mess with your staking. Your coin age or days staking will remain the same.

With that said, I'm already liking this update very much!

Thank you!!!
I posted this a while back, but the info is helpful also to those who are less technically knowledgeable. If you want to upgrade your wallet, just download the new one and use it. Simple as that. However, it is ALWAYS good to make a backup of your wallet.dat file and store it on a separate hard drive, flash drive, email works, but preferably somewhere safe and secure. Here are instructions that will help you access the file to backup and also redownload the blockchain if you wish.

For those who are still having issues, all you need to do is redownload the blockchain by doing the following 3 steps:

* Specific instructions are for Windows users, but these are the basic steps for everyone

1. Make a backup copy of your Tekcoin wallet.dat file in your Tekcoin folder (located at: C:\Users\[your admin user name]\AppData\Roaming). You should always have atleast one recent backup anyway. If not, do it now and store it in a separate folder or drive.
     * AppData folder is hidden by default. In this case; open "Folder and Search Options" in the Organize tab (in folder view), then select the "view" tab and select "show hidden folders, files, and drives" under "show hidden files and folders". You will no be able to see and access the AppData folder.

2. Delete everything in your Tekcoin folder. This will erase the blockchain data and allow the Tekcoin wallet to download a new blockchain upon your next startup of the Tekcoin wallet. You should also download the new wallet at this time from tekcoin.org if you have not yet done so.
    * Here is a direct link to the download page: http://tekcoin.org/?page_id=26

3. To significantly speed up the download (syncing your wallet), download the bootstrap and put the unzipped files directly into your tekcoin wallet before downloading the fresh blockchain.
    * Here is a direct link to the bootstrap: https://mega.nz/#!DoIS2SbR!mNd1rsrXTYP183QDuqP9vnfqBOn7HCfUrQpx2t0eKbA
Kiklo's Bootstrap.dat & Blockchain Snapshot for Proof of Stake Coins

Tekcoin Bootstrap.dat updated to 2016-3-25
Download at https://mega.nz/#F!CJRnyDDL!vbYN-3mvj9RBE7Phl27Sjg

Tekcoin BlockChain Snapshot ( The Fastest Way to Sync )
Download at https://mega.nz/#!6VglESZK!CJSWHwzRyr0UOXw9Rld7Kq9eq32MQBbIOpl8Zw1pCSw

Instructions on how to install or update the SnapShot at
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.14309285

Cool

There ya go, the guy with the bootstrap Grin

Thank you, I was/am aware of the bootstrap.  I have a bit of time before I stake so elected not to use it.  I am far more concerned about the issue of the blockchain size.  If there is a way to address this, it would be an interesting way of differentiating ourselves from all the other coins.  I am not a coder, so cannot speak to the challenges involved, but some intrepid and creative person could possibly do something here to make TEK so special that...Moon baby!!!!  Anyhoo, the journey continues.
Pages:
Jump to: