Author

Topic: Tennis League All Thread - page 613. (Read 201050 times)

legendary
Activity: 3080
Merit: 1353
August 15, 2018, 11:47:17 AM
Sadly though, the young rising star Tsitsipas, lost in Cincinnati to Goffin, 7-5, 6-3. So he was unable to sustain his magical run. Still nothing to worry, you win some you lose some. And he is still very young, and like everyone thinks of him, very bright future and could be the future of tennis. Oh and Roger Federer is a 6-4 6-4 winner over Peter Gojowczyk.
Activity: 2660
Merit: 551
August 14, 2018, 04:39:48 AM
It looks like we need to wait for Andy Murray's comeback as he was defeated by Lucas Pouille in the first round of the Cincinnati Masters. He withdraw from the Roger's Cup to continue his recovery but I think he needs more time not just physically but emotionally as well. Novak, Kei Nishikori and Denis Shapovalov get a win and will get thru the next round.
Activity: 2646
Merit: 686
August 13, 2018, 11:47:53 PM
Nadal won trophy in Montreal after defaeting young prospect Tsitsipas in two sets(6:2 7:6). Tsitsipas should not be sad about lose cause he played awesome whole tournament and reached his first Masters final.
And I am sure this is just start for him. Also, he will make big jump on ranking and will be 15th from Monday on.

He put up a good fight in the second set but wasn't good enough to make it go to the 3rd which would of been great if he could as then he might of really giving Nadal a run for his money. Nadal looks in fine form heading into the US Open on Monday, Its going to be an interesting Grand Slam as there are many players in good form.

There wasn't any doubt in my mind that Nadal was the favourite to win the match and he won it with ease, I'll agree here had it stretched another stretch people would have concerns over nadal winning but luckily it didn't happen. The young lad has a bright future and after seeing his performance, there is no doubt he can go onto be a legend if he continues his form.

The USA open is going to be a very big event this season as Nadal is in his prime form and so is Djovick, if these two come across each other then we'll have another entertaining match on our hands.
legendary
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1008
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
August 13, 2018, 11:44:36 PM
Nadal won trophy in Montreal after defaeting young prospect Tsitsipas in two sets(6:2 7:6). Tsitsipas should not be sad about lose cause he played awesome whole tournament and reached his first Masters final.
And I am sure this is just start for him. Also, he will make big jump on ranking and will be 15th from Monday on.

He put up a good fight in the second set but wasn't good enough to make it go to the 3rd which would of been great if he could as then he might of really giving Nadal a run for his money. Nadal looks in fine form heading into the US Open on Monday, Its going to be an interesting Grand Slam as there are many players in good form.
You are damn right. I think this will be hell of a tournament considering Nadal and Đoković are in pretty good shape and many possible underdogs. Although, we have Cinccinatti first, lets enjoy in it first Cheesy

I want Nadal to defend US Open title , it will make the rivalry of Fedal stronger . 18 v 20 , Nadal will surely catch up and go forward too if you ask me , he might end up having 22 or 23 GS titles by the time he retires according to me , this year and next year Nadal will be dominant in Tennis world .

Yeah that could be a possibility that Nadal will one day overtake Federer with most Grand Slam titles. I still wouldn't count out Djokovic who is only 4 Grand Slam titles behind Nadal and I think Djokovic is a better player on all surfaces compared to Nadal so I think he has more of a chance at being the top winner of Grand Slam titles and is also 1 year younger then Nadal. I think it will be interesting to see who does actually finish on top with most Grand Slam titles won. Also there is a lot of young talent coming through now so maybe Federer might hold onto the top spot after all.
Right , Djoker is also a contender but I feel Nadal has more chances than Djoker does because of French Open . Till Nadal plays , Djoker will be behind him and only 1 year difference between those two . We must also consider the fact that Nadal might not play when he is 36 like Roger ( he stated that previously in an interview).
Activity: 1862
Merit: 590
August 13, 2018, 06:49:24 PM

You are damn right. I think this will be hell of a tournament considering Nadal and Đoković are in pretty good shape and many possible underdogs. Although, we have Cinccinatti first, lets enjoy in it first Cheesy

I want Nadal to defend US Open title , it will make the rivalry of Fedal stronger . 18 v 20 , Nadal will surely catch up and go forward too if you ask me , he might end up having 22 or 23 GS titles by the time he retires according to me , this year and next year Nadal will be dominant in Tennis world .

Yeah that could be a possibility that Nadal will one day overtake Federer with most Grand Slam titles. I still wouldn't count out Djokovic who is only 4 Grand Slam titles behind Nadal and I think Djokovic is a better player on all surfaces compared to Nadal so I think he has more of a chance at being the top winner of Grand Slam titles and is also 1 year younger then Nadal. I think it will be interesting to see who does actually finish on top with most Grand Slam titles won. Also there is a lot of young talent coming through now so maybe Federer might hold onto the top spot after all.
August 13, 2018, 01:23:04 PM

Yep he lost the match but doesn't mean that he was not that good. Again, this kid has a good future but facing Nadal, hard to imagine Rafa losing this one. I'm sure that all Tennis aficionados are keeping a close eye on the kid. I hope though that all the attentions his getting will not put some air on his head. We witnessed Nick Kyrgios and Zverev becoming cocky from time to time. And now they are not that performing as someone has expected to them a few years ago.
legendary
August 13, 2018, 08:31:15 AM

Activity: 434
Merit: 250
August 12, 2018, 07:55:37 PM

August 12, 2018, 07:38:06 PM

August 12, 2018, 07:15:17 PM
August 12, 2018, 07:08:30 PM
And he continues his giant killing spree with 6-7 (4-7) 6-4 7-6 (9-7) win over Anderson. He already beaten 4 top 10 players so far. So his dream run still continues. So let's forget about Nick Kyrgios for a moment, because we have a new kid in town. Really unbelievable, and still at 19, this kid has a bright future ahead of him.

He is similar to Kyrgios if you ask me with just one change ( which is what Kyrgios needs ) , Patience. We just have to wait and see if he can produce this in grand-slams because we already have a great young talent ( bit cocky though ) , Zverev but he doesn't perform well in grand-slams at all . Anyway I am really happy that tennis has Tsitsipas and Thiem Smiley Both are great .

Yes we first need to see how well he does in Grand Slam tournaments as like I said the young talent seem to do well in these lead up tournaments but find the pressure too much when it comes to big Grand Slam tournaments and that is why we always see the veterans win most of the Grand Slams. Maybe this time it might be different but first I would like to see Tsitsipas go far into a Grand Slam before I feel confident. I do however like Thiem to go far in the US Open and had a small bet on him.
Activity: 1442
Merit: 602
August 12, 2018, 05:19:00 PM
Wow, he did it again! Congratz to Tsitsipas for going to finals after defeating Kevin Anderson in hard match (6:7 6:4 7:6). To day is his birthday (only 20 wow) and this trophy would be perfect gift for him Cheesy

Greece finally got their competitor in this sport!

It is a nice win of Tsitsipas, but I think they are bigger talents than him. I saw 2 matches of Tsitsipas last week and I wasn't really impressed.
But it is nice to see another young talent coming through and reaching the finals of an ATP tournament.

I think he already did have a good accomplished better the likes of Thiem, Novak and Anderson in this tournament. He is young and have a lot of leg room to improved. Yeah, we need more young talents to come but I believed that he is one of those who can be a champion one day. What matches did you saw though?
the final will be exiting to watch Nadal wants to get his second title for this Masters his first came back in 2013 and this time his chance is good but also it's not going to be an easy game if it was Clay but know he is looking better since he 1-0 in the first set that he won 6-2 while in the secon he is ahead 4-2 so if he don't get injured this 100 points should be for him Tsitsipas should be proud of what he achieved no matter the results he will add atleast 600 points whitch will propably make him break through top 15 in ATP ranking, but at the end it's looking like the Matador will take home the trophy with him to make it 80 titles won in his career 18 behind Federer abd 11 more the n Djokovic.
August 12, 2018, 02:52:26 PM
Wow, he did it again! Congratz to Tsitsipas for going to finals after defeating Kevin Anderson in hard match (6:7 6:4 7:6). To day is his birthday (only 20 wow) and this trophy would be perfect gift for him Cheesy

It is a nice win of Tsitsipas, but I think they are bigger talents than him. I saw 2 matches of Tsitsipas last week and I wasn't really impressed.
But it is nice to see another young talent coming through and reaching the finals of an ATP tournament.

I think he already did have a good accomplished better the likes of Thiem, Novak and Anderson in this tournament. He is young and have a lot of leg room to improved. Yeah, we need more young talents to come but I believed that he is one of those who can be a champion one day. What matches did you saw though?
August 12, 2018, 12:43:51 PM

You need to understand that he is just 20 years old. For now he is pretty good and he has enough time to improve his technique. And he is already in Top 30. Would you call that a luck?
Activity: 2142
Merit: 254
August 12, 2018, 12:19:43 PM

August 12, 2018, 10:13:52 AM

Activity: 812
Merit: 251
August 12, 2018, 09:46:05 AM
And he continues his giant killing spree with 6-7 (4-7) 6-4 7-6 (9-7) win over Anderson. He already beaten 4 top 10 players so far. So his dream run still continues. So let's forget about Nick Kyrgios for a moment, because we have a new kid in town. Really unbelievable, and still at 19, this kid has a bright future ahead of him.

He is similar to Kyrgios if you ask me with just one change ( which is what Kyrgios needs ) , Patience. We just have to wait and see if he can produce this in grand-slams because we already have a great young talent ( bit cocky though ) , Zverev but he doesn't perform well in grand-slams at all . Anyway I am really happy that tennis has Tsitsipas and Thiem Smiley Both are great .

The Greek wonderboy is actually turned 20 today and i love his incredible talent being demonstrated in this Canadian Open. I think he is set for greater heights after this tournament even if Nadal beat5s him to the final.
legendary
August 12, 2018, 09:22:47 AM

Activity: 2842
Merit: 772
August 12, 2018, 05:34:26 AM

Yes, it he was really amazing, he saved a match point in a tie breaker and then eventually won the match. It will be another accomplished if he can take home the crown against one of the legends, Rafael Nadal who disposes another youngster, Russian Karen Khachanov, 7-6 6-4. If the "Greek Freak" Tsitsipas can get over Nadal in the finals, it will an epic, beating 5 top ten in route to winning the Toronto Masters.

legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1655
August 12, 2018, 03:45:55 AM

Jump to: