Author

Topic: Tennis League All Thread - page 643. (Read 198112 times)

legendary
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1008
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
October 19, 2017, 03:35:51 AM
Wimbledon champion Roger Federer beat world number one Rafael Nadal 6-4 6-3 in the Shanghai Masters final to capture his sixth title of the year.
What a HUGE player. Unbeliveable!
This is the third straight final that Roger Federer has beaten Rafael Nadal this season alone, he started it in the Australian Open he won by three sets to Nadal's two, He again beat him the finals of the Miami Open by two straight sets and now another two straight sets in the Shanghai Open. Although not a final Federer won against Nadal in the round 16 of the Indian Well Masters making it four victories over Nadal this year. Federer is becoming better with age.
Roger is showing a classy performance as always. I'm surprised he still play that good at the age of 36. He is now the second in world players rating behind Rafael Nadal and he have a shot to finish the season on top. He won his 94th title yesterday. He is trully a living legend and it is so unfortunate that he is getting old and his retirement is getting closer.
If you observe , he uses technical skills more than physical skills and that is what makes him a great player , not many on this planet including Nadal can do it against top players . He will finish his career with 100 titles according to me Smiley Next year will be very crucial for him .
Nadal is not just technical player he is great physically how he pushed himself to the limit that's what make him on top. next year would be a great challenge for him to stay on top, while other top player also are for sure will try their best to go back on track like Djokovic which is for now preparing his self for next year battle.
I am a big Nadal fan and I am not really worried about Murray or other players except "Djoker" , he can steal the number 1 position from Nadal if he is physically fit and if he is as confident as he was back in 2015-16 . I just hope Nadal is out of all injuries.
Activity: 490
Merit: 28
October 18, 2017, 09:20:15 AM
Wimbledon champion Roger Federer beat world number one Rafael Nadal 6-4 6-3 in the Shanghai Masters final to capture his sixth title of the year.
This is the third straight final that Roger Federer has beaten Rafael Nadal this season alone, he started it in the Australian Open he won by three sets to Nadal's two, He again beat him the finals of the Miami Open by two straight sets and now another two straight sets in the Shanghai Open. Although not a final Federer won against Nadal in the round 16 of the Indian Well Masters making it four victories over Nadal this year. Federer is becoming better with age.
Roger is showing a classy performance as always. I'm surprised he still play that good at the age of 36. He is now the second in world players rating behind Rafael Nadal and he have a shot to finish the season on top. He won his 94th title yesterday. He is trully a living legend and it is so unfortunate that he is getting old and his retirement is getting closer.
If you observe , he uses technical skills more than physical skills and that is what makes him a great player , not many on this planet including Nadal can do it against top players . He will finish his career with 100 titles according to me Smiley Next year will be very crucial for him .
Nadal is not just technical player he is great physically how he pushed himself to the limit that's what make him on top. next year would be a great challenge for him to stay on top, while other top player also are for sure will try their best to go back on track like Djokovic which is for now preparing his self for next year battle.
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001
October 18, 2017, 03:52:58 AM

Amazing season for both Nadal and Federer, but I think Nadal is not happy about losing 4 of 4 times against Federer this year (the fifth consecutive defeat!).
Surely Nadal will try to win against Federer at least once this year and perhaps the best chance will be at Atp Finals in London (November 12-19)
legendary
October 18, 2017, 01:00:51 AM
Activity: 196
Merit: 109
October 16, 2017, 04:58:57 AM
For sure, Federer played really well that game. It was really fun to watch him play like that, however, I dont think it will be enough to be number 1, Nadal is still better and has the points in his advantage. Unless he keeps playing like he did, he will not be number 1 by the end of the year.
Federer could very well play like he did yesterday until the end of the season, he could win the 3 upcoming tournaments (Basel, Paris, and World tour finals), and still fail to end the year as #1 since it depends on the results Nadal will have. Federer needs Nadal to crash out early in the next tournaments he plays. 
Rafa is scheduled to play Basel as well, but I wonder if he will pull out. He must be exhausted now.
Activity: 295
Merit: 100
October 16, 2017, 02:18:13 AM
The bold part, I don't think so.
Unless Nadal gets injured and pulls away of the upcoming tournaments, Nadal has 2000 more points than Federer.
If Federer wins both Paris Masters and World Tour Finals , that is an additional 2500 pts for him, but Nadal would need to play poor at both events, unlikely unless injury, even though he is not that great on indoor hardcourt, the perspective of ending the year #1 should be a great motivation for the Spaniard.

One thing is for sure, if Federer plays close to the way he played yesterday, no one beats him before next year Cheesy
For sure, Federer played really well that game. It was really fun to watch him play like that, however, I dont think it will be enough to be number 1, Nadal is still better and has the points in his advantage. Unless he keeps playing like he did, he will not be number 1 by the end of the year.
October 16, 2017, 01:03:07 AM
The bold part, I don't think so.
Unless Nadal gets injured and pulls away of the upcoming tournaments, Nadal has 2000 more points than Federer.
If Federer wins both Paris Masters and World Tour Finals , that is an additional 2500 pts for him, but Nadal would need to play poor at both events, unlikely unless injury, even though he is not that great on indoor hardcourt, the perspective of ending the year #1 should be a great motivation for the Spaniard.

One thing is for sure, if Federer plays close to the way he played yesterday, no one beats him before next year Cheesy
October 16, 2017, 12:58:06 AM
I never thought it would be possible to write this, but right now Roger Federer is 15 titles away from equaaling Jimmy Connors's record of 109 titles.
I don't see any reason for Federer to retire before year 2020, except serious injury, and to be honest with the the way he takes care of his body, I could imagine him play 5 more years, so I would include at least 2021 as his last year on the tour, but it is perfectly reasonable to imagine Federer play in 2022.

By the way, he could very well add 2 more titles this year, Basel and Paris or World Tour Finals (usually he tanks Paris but who will beat him in the other two events?). That would mean 96 titles at the end of the year.
Activity: 756
Merit: 253
October 16, 2017, 12:53:05 AM

I don't thik his retirement is nearing one bit because from what i witnessed in the masters game i think he can even play at 45. This guy is so loaded with tennis and i still think he could still win a couple more of grand slams at his age.
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
October 15, 2017, 10:36:17 PM
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
October 15, 2017, 01:34:21 PM
Activity: 750
Merit: 252
October 15, 2017, 01:21:01 PM
Again I didn`t believe in Roger and once again I was wrong. Amazing performance, everything was functioning perfectly in his game. He defeated Nadal pretty easily. It looks like he get inside Nadals head this time and Rafa is having major problem when playing against him. Congratulations, this man is playing amazing in his 36th years of old. True sport legend.
legendary
Merit: 1000
October 15, 2017, 01:16:56 PM
Activity: 750
Merit: 252
October 14, 2017, 12:36:08 PM
World number one Nadal beat Grigor Dimitrov 6-4 6-7 (4-7) 6-4 to register his 15th consecutive win and will face Marin Cilic in the semis.
Federer will play Juan Martin del Potro in the second semi-final on Saturday - if the Argentine is fit enough to play. Yesterday he injured his wrist. I think it will influence on his match
Wohooo , its Nadal v Federer in the finals as Federer manages to come from behind and beat Del Potro Smiley I hope it will be epic as it always is . I will go for Nadal to win the match as I don't see anything Roger can do to stop him right now but it will not be easy .

Both Nadal and Federer are in great shape and will surely  be a spectacular and balanced final, probably on 3 sets.
Nadal is in the lead in direct clashes against Federer for 23-14,but this year Federer has won all three games played!
Nadal will be more fresh, he played earlier today, will have few more hours to rest and he finished the job in 2 sets while Roger had to fight with Delpo in three sets.
I would chose Nadal too but same thoughts I had about their last three meetings and I was wrong.
Nadal has a chance to win Shanghai for the first time and this is great opportunity for him. I don`t know if he will have more of those, especially when Novak returns.
legendary
October 14, 2017, 12:12:49 PM
World number one Nadal beat Grigor Dimitrov 6-4 6-7 (4-7) 6-4 to register his 15th consecutive win and will face Marin Cilic in the semis.
Federer will play Juan Martin del Potro in the second semi-final on Saturday - if the Argentine is fit enough to play. Yesterday he injured his wrist. I think it will influence on his match
Wohooo , its Nadal v Federer in the finals as Federer manages to come from behind and beat Del Potro Smiley I hope it will be epic as it always is . I will go for Nadal to win the match as I don't see anything Roger can do to stop him right now but it will not be easy .

Both Nadal and Federer are in great shape and will surely  be a spectacular and balanced final, probably on 3 sets.
Nadal is in the lead in direct clashes against Federer for 23-14,but this year Federer has won all three games played!
legendary
October 14, 2017, 10:37:16 AM
legendary
Merit: 1000
October 14, 2017, 03:54:13 AM
legendary
October 14, 2017, 12:52:46 AM
Andy Murray's season is over.
He will miss the last master atp 1000 tournament in Paris Bercy (October 30) and the Finals in London (November 12).

He should also go out of the top ten in the atp ranking at the end of the year.

Murray is already training to return in good shape next year.
Yeah , reports say that Djokovic and Murray ( along with Wawrinka ) will comeback on January i,e. Australian open . I just hope they are fit and fine Smiley It will be great to see the Big 4 in full form if possible in the next Grand Slam.
legendary
October 13, 2017, 03:43:12 PM
Andy Murray's season is over.
He will miss the last master atp 1000 tournament in Paris Bercy (October 30) and the Finals in London (November 12).

He should also go out of the top ten in the atp ranking at the end of the year.

Murray is already training to return in good shape next year.
legendary
October 13, 2017, 05:35:16 AM
Nadal has just won 2-1 his match against Dimitrov and will find in semifinals Cilic who easily won 2-0 against Ramos.

With these results the next top 10 of the atp ranking will be officially this:

1) Nadal
2) Federer
3) Murray
4) Cilic +1 (Best Ranking)
5) A.Zverev -1
6) Thiem +1 (Best Ranking)
7) Djokovic -1
8  Dimitrov +1
9) Wawrinka -1
10) Goffin

Cilic and Thiem will make their best rankings