Author

Topic: Tennis League All Thread - page 644. (Read 198064 times)

legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000
October 12, 2017, 05:57:16 AM
Rafael Nadal and Roger Federer both registered straightforward victories to move into the third round of the Shanghai Masters.
World number one Nadal needed just 54 minutes to beat America's Jared Donaldson 6-2 6-1.
Federer, chasing his 94th ATP title, found his rhythm as the match progressed to beat Argentine Diego Schwartzman 7-6 (7-4) 6-4.
legendary
Merit: 1001
October 11, 2017, 04:36:05 PM
Here are the eighths-final of the atp 1000 tournament in Shanghai:

Nadal vs Fognini
Querrey vs Dimitrov

Cilic vs Jonhson
Struff vs Ramos

Troicky vs Isner
Del Potro vs A.Zverev

Simon vs Gasquet
Federer vs Dolgopolov

Interesting the match between Del Potro and A.Zverev
Nadal, Cilic and Federer have an easy draw to the semifinals.
Activity: 602
Merit: 265
October 09, 2017, 03:12:32 PM
World number one Rafael Nadal beat Nick Kyrgios 6-2 6-1 in the China Open final to win his sixth title of the season.
Australian Kyrgios began well but lost his way after he became frustrated by a line call in the first set in Beijing.
The temperamental world number 19 continued to let the incident bother him and later received a one-point penalty for continuing to complain.
Kyrgios should tune his game, very very talented but he can't control his emotions which is required while playing a top class match . Happy for Rafa as he claims his 6th title of the year , Shanghai will be interesting Wink.
Kyrgios gets frustrated too easy. Yesterday, he was shouting in the first game itself. Especially against Nadal where even the best breakdown. Emotionally blowing it in the first game itself isnt great. Kyrgios literally toyed with Zverev in the previous round and was expecting a tough match up for Nadal. Turns out the match ended up 6-2,6-1. Such a blowout.
Thats the only thing which is restricting him from winning big matches , he should be more composed and let things go sometimes. Yesterday he dragged and dragged the same issue and he just distracted himself.  His first serve percentage was less when compared to other matches, this is because of the frustration .
Very good player,clearly talented but he is too indiscipline to take advantage of his athleticism and talent. With age, he may cut out the stupidity and finally win something significant.
legendary
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1008
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
October 09, 2017, 11:12:10 AM
World number one Rafael Nadal beat Nick Kyrgios 6-2 6-1 in the China Open final to win his sixth title of the season.
Australian Kyrgios began well but lost his way after he became frustrated by a line call in the first set in Beijing.
The temperamental world number 19 continued to let the incident bother him and later received a one-point penalty for continuing to complain.
Kyrgios should tune his game, very very talented but he can't control his emotions which is required while playing a top class match . Happy for Rafa as he claims his 6th title of the year , Shanghai will be interesting Wink.
Kyrgios gets frustrated too easy. Yesterday, he was shouting in the first game itself. Especially against Nadal where even the best breakdown. Emotionally blowing it in the first game itself isnt great. Kyrgios literally toyed with Zverev in the previous round and was expecting a tough match up for Nadal. Turns out the match ended up 6-2,6-1. Such a blowout.
Thats the only thing which is restricting him from winning big matches , he should be more composed and let things go sometimes. Yesterday he dragged and dragged the same issue and he just distracted himself.  His first serve percentage was less when compared to other matches, this is because of the frustration .
legendary
Activity: 2338
Merit: 1081
#SWGT CERTIK Audited
October 09, 2017, 12:40:53 AM
legendary
October 08, 2017, 10:28:54 PM
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
October 08, 2017, 05:35:52 PM
My tennis bets for tomorrow:

Haase-Gasquet, Gasquet wins 1.35
Chung- Bautista, Bautista wins 1.25
Activity: 750
Merit: 252
October 08, 2017, 02:45:40 PM
I gave slightly more chance to Rafa to win this match. I was wrong and I was right. Rafa won but really kicked Kirgyos ass.
As you say, Krgios mental condition is the reason why he still isn't top 5 player. He has all the quality to be even number one but he can snap in a moment and that exactly what happened today.
Anyway, a season from dream continues for Nadal. Congrats to Rafa, he deserved everything that happened to him this year, one of his best seasons in career, constantly good through whole the year.
legendary
October 08, 2017, 12:38:04 PM
legendary
October 08, 2017, 04:07:58 AM
Goffin looking really strong against Mannarino in Tokyo but Mannarino is a good player but since Goffin is so good in defence I guess he will be able to win this finals although he might take 3 sets . I just love how he plays , one of the best all-round player we have .
legendary
October 07, 2017, 11:25:09 PM
here are the semifinals of the 2 Asian Tournaments atp500:

Beijing Tournament:
Nadal vs Dimitrov
Kyrgios vs A.Zverev

Tokyo Tournament:
Cilic vs Mannarino
Goffin vs Scwartzman

My favorites are Nadal and Cilic
Nadal will play against Kyrgios in the finale in China, I expect great battle of those two guys and give slight advantage to Nadal.
Cilic on the other side played disappointed match at its very end. Manarino took brake for 5-3 lead in second set but Cilic made re-break. I thought that we will see another tie-break but Manarino surprised and won second set with another break. Marin collapse totally and lost third set with zero. So strange for Grand Slam Champion.
I don`t know what to expect fro Japan finale but if I had to decide I would give slightly bigger chance to Goffin.
Kyrgios looking for this 4th title and for Nadal this is his 4th China open finals.  Can't guess the winner easily as you mentioned but I guess this time Nadal is gonna take the revenge and win the title . #letsgorafa
Activity: 750
Merit: 252
October 07, 2017, 05:51:09 PM

Beijing Tournament:
Nadal vs Dimitrov
Kyrgios vs A.Zverev

Tokyo Tournament:
Cilic vs Mannarino
Goffin vs Scwartzman

Nadal will play against Kyrgios in the finale in China, I expect great battle of those two guys and give slight advantage to Nadal.
Cilic on the other side played disappointed match at its very end. Manarino took brake for 5-3 lead in second set but Cilic made re-break. I thought that we will see another tie-break but Manarino surprised and won second set with another break. Marin collapse totally and lost third set with zero. So strange for Grand Slam Champion.
I don`t know what to expect fro Japan finale but if I had to decide I would give slightly bigger chance to Goffin.
legendary
October 06, 2017, 09:12:43 AM

Beijing Tournament:
Nadal vs Dimitrov
Kyrgios vs A.Zverev

Tokyo Tournament:
Cilic vs Mannarino
Goffin vs Scwartzman

legendary
October 06, 2017, 08:25:20 AM
Great win of the very young Rublev (19 years old) against the expert Berdich.
With this victory he will improve his ranking (at least 35 th) and if he comes to the final he will enter for the first time in his career in top 30!
Among the players under 20, the best 3 this year were: A.Zverev, Shapovalov and Rublev himself.
I would rate Rublev more than Shapovalov , no doubts both are great talent but Rublev seems more matured when it comes to big matches and his game is awesome Smiley Good to see young guns giving such tough fight to top players .

Congrats to Nadal for his win over Isner .
legendary
October 05, 2017, 06:12:42 PM
Great win of the very young Rublev (19 years old) against the expert Berdich.
With this victory he will improve his ranking (at least 35 th) and if he comes to the final he will enter for the first time in his career in top 30!
Among the players under 20, the best 3 this year were: A.Zverev, Shapovalov and Rublev himself.
legendary
October 04, 2017, 12:04:01 PM
World number eight Grigor Dimitrov beat Argentina's Juan Martin del Potro to reach the China Open quarter-finals.
The Bulgarian won 7-6 (8-6) 7-5 in Beijing to set up a meeting with Spain's Roberto Bautista Agut.
Activity: 295
Merit: 100
October 04, 2017, 02:13:56 AM
For today I really like the Murray/Soares 2-0 vs Paire/Ramos. The ML is @1.20 and the 2-0 is @ 1.57.
For me, the Murray and Soares is one of the best couple in Tennis, they play against two tennis players that have never played together before.
I believe the Murray/Soares couple are obligated to win this game, I dont see a surprise with Paire/Ramos here.
Murray/Soares are playing to access the Masters in ondon this year, and they cannot lose a game like this. Ramos have been playing really bad this year too.
So Murray and Soares win 6-1,7-5. Pretty easy win for those who put money on it. Both really good tennis players that should have won easy and did.
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
October 03, 2017, 04:52:01 PM
British tennis player Dan Evans has been banned for one year after testing positive for cocaine, which he explained had accidentally mixed with his medication in a washbag.

To be honest, that won't affect tennis community much. So, I don't care much though.
legendary
October 03, 2017, 04:35:58 PM
British tennis player Dan Evans has been banned for one year after testing positive for cocaine, which he explained had accidentally mixed with his medication in a washbag.
Activity: 295
Merit: 100
October 03, 2017, 01:17:03 AM
For today I really like the Murray/Soares 2-0 vs Paire/Ramos. The ML is @1.20 and the 2-0 is @ 1.57.
For me, the Murray and Soares is one of the best couple in Tennis, they play against two tennis players that have never played together before.
I believe the Murray/Soares couple are obligated to win this game, I dont see a surprise with Paire/Ramos here.
Murray/Soares are playing to access the Masters in ondon this year, and they cannot lose a game like this. Ramos have been playing really bad this year too.
Jump to: