Author

Topic: Tennis League All Thread - page 641. (Read 198112 times)

legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001
November 02, 2017, 10:23:07 AM
There are already 6 mathematically qualified players at the upcoming London Atp Finals:

1)Nadal     10555
2)Federer    9005
3)A.Zverev 4410
4)Thiem     3815
5)Cilic        3715
6)Dimitrov 3650

For the 2 places available, these players are in the fight:

Goffin               2975 (at the third round in Paris Bercy
Carreno-Busta 2615  (already eliminated in Paris Bercy)
Del Potro         2595  (in the quarterfinals in Paris Bercy)
Pouille             2235  (at the third round in Paris Bercy)
Bautista           2015  (at the third round in Paris Bercy)
Isner                 1995  ((at the third round in Paris Bercy)
Sock                 1855   (at the third round in Paris Bercy)

Goffin should qualify without problems.

CarrenoBusta ,virtually eighth but already eliminated in Paris Bercy, risk not to qualify if:

-Del Potro arrives in the semi-finals
-Pouille arrives in the final
-Bautista, Isner or Sock wins the tournament
Activity: 10
Merit: 0
November 02, 2017, 10:12:29 AM
Really sad to see Djokovic going out of top 10 after a decade Sad What a great player. I hope he will be back to top 3 ( which he deserves ) by next year end . Congrats Nadal for his 4th Year-End number 1 Smiley What a Legend.
I am happy Nadal back his form after his worst performance in last year. But I also sad to see that a no one player is came down under 10th rank. I think he need some rest.
legendary
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1008
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
November 02, 2017, 09:25:38 AM
Really sad to see Djokovic going out of top 10 after a decade Sad What a great player. I hope he will be back to top 3 ( which he deserves ) by next year end . Congrats Nadal for his 4th Year-End number 1 Smiley What a Legend.
Activity: 196
Merit: 109
November 01, 2017, 02:09:26 AM
I am really not sure about Andy Murray, hip surgery is something, Gustavo Kuerten went through the same and had a hard time coming back to his best. + Andy Murray relies too much on his movement, he is incredibly fast but once he gets slower, he is vulnerable and lose to many guys.
It was obvious that he was in big pain against Querrey at Wimbledon, I mean you don't lose 1-6, 1-6 in last two sets at Wimbledon if you are healthy.

Novak Djokovic is a huge questionmark for me, I mean I follow tennis since he started and this guy still is an enigma for me, I never can tell if he is faking or genuine on the court, and I have no idea why his form went suddenly down the hill. He was almost unbeatable in 2015, and looked so ordinary after winning the French Open last year.

Del Potro is technically top 10 for me, and I would say top 5 since August. He did not play on clay this season, hence his ranking.

Disappointed with Thiem, he is so good on clay but so average everywhere else, World Tour Finals could be brutal for him.

I miss Nishikori, my favorite player together with Nadal, but he is been through so many injuries that I doubt he ever comes back to his 2014 form.
Activity: 2870
Merit: 594
November 01, 2017, 01:59:03 AM
Next week the atp ranking will be upset!
Murray will lose 2500 points and Djokovic will lose about 1200 points and both will be out of the top 10!
Many players will make their best rankings:
A.Zverev third, Thiem fourth, Dimitrov at least sixth
Best rankings also for Goffin, Carreno Busta and Querrey.
Del Potro can return in top 10

Wow. What a huge shake up in the Tennis ranking next week. Sad to say Andy Murray and Novak Djokovic go out early this year, but its really nice to see other players stepping up while they are gone and show casing their tennis prowess. I'm sure that the two will be back with a vengeance next year, so its gonna be a good year in 2018. Wish the best for the two, hope they overcome they injuries and personal issues so that they can come back healthy and hungrier.
legendary
Merit: 1001
October 31, 2017, 08:05:42 PM
Next week the atp ranking will be upset!
Murray will lose 2500 points and Djokovic will lose about 1200 points and both will be out of the top 10!
Many players will make their best rankings:
A.Zverev third, Thiem fourth, Dimitrov at least sixth
Best rankings also for Goffin, Carreno Busta and Querrey.
Del Potro can return in top 10
Activity: 2842
Merit: 772
October 31, 2017, 05:09:52 PM
oops, i was also looking forward to  a Nadal v. Fed part 5 as the year needs that to climax it successfully . Too bad he couldn't make it but Rafa  shouldn't think he's going to win it easily and be taken by surprise.
Indoor hardcourt it is, a fair number of players can beat him on such conditions, let's not forget Nadal has ONE title on indoor hardcourt, won in ... 2005!! He is vulnerable. Could lose to Goffin (if Goffin is healthy), Dimitrov (despite his recent wins over him), Querrey, Del Potro (if not tired  Cheesy), Pouille, even Verdasco. I am curious to see how he looks against Chung who is no joke this year.
We could see Federer vs Nadal part 5 on atp Finales in London. I think that Rogers body is not in the condition to play entire year on the highest competitive level and he must set up priorities to him self. Paris and London is too much for him sice it is the end of the season.
I agree, Paris is very fast this year, Nadal could have a potential problem with some of the players but Query is no longer in that circle of players. He lost today , defeated by Serbian player Krajinovic. It is so unexpected because Query had a chance to qualify for the Final in London. He should`ve done better.

Correct, that's why Federer is taking much vacation to heal his body and only prioritizes tournament. Just like you I'm really looking forward to another Federer Nadal classic. I guess Query is not his old self because he is defeated by Krajinovic which for me is a unknown. This what separate a great champion from a great tennis player. A great champion plays consistent while a great tennis player doesn't have that.
Activity: 750
Merit: 252
October 31, 2017, 04:04:50 PM
oops, i was also looking forward to  a Nadal v. Fed part 5 as the year needs that to climax it successfully . Too bad he couldn't make it but Rafa  shouldn't think he's going to win it easily and be taken by surprise.
Indoor hardcourt it is, a fair number of players can beat him on such conditions, let's not forget Nadal has ONE title on indoor hardcourt, won in ... 2005!! He is vulnerable. Could lose to Goffin (if Goffin is healthy), Dimitrov (despite his recent wins over him), Querrey, Del Potro (if not tired  Cheesy), Pouille, even Verdasco. I am curious to see how he looks against Chung who is no joke this year.
We could see Federer vs Nadal part 5 on atp Finales in London. I think that Rogers body is not in the condition to play entire year on the highest competitive level and he must set up priorities to him self. Paris and London is too much for him sice it is the end of the season.
I agree, Paris is very fast this year, Nadal could have a potential problem with some of the players but Query is no longer in that circle of players. He lost today , defeated by Serbian player Krajinovic. It is so unexpected because Query had a chance to qualify for the Final in London. He should`ve done better.
October 30, 2017, 09:28:57 PM
Activity: 812
Merit: 251
October 30, 2017, 07:45:04 PM
oops, i was also looking forward to  a Nadal v. Fed part 5 as the year needs that to climax it successfully . Too bad he couldn't make it but Rafa  shouldn't think he's going to win it easily and be taken by surprise.
Activity: 686
Merit: 253
October 30, 2017, 05:27:11 PM
Indeed, Federer pulled out of Mirka Paris Bercy, to be at 100% for the World Tour Finals.
This last Masters 1000 looks not good on paper, as usual many players pulled out, but this year more than usual, last one to withdraw was Monfils.

Nadal vs Chung in Round 2, interesting  Cool I like the Korean player, played some great matches this year (the one against Nishikori especially was a cracker).

By the way, Nadal is 1460 pts ahead of Federer, so yeah YE1 is granted for him. Difference being, Federer did not play one single tournament on clay, and that eventually hurt his chances to become #1.

Still I am a Rafa fan so can't complain, the spankings from Fed this year have been hard enough.  Smiley
Same here , I was waiting for another Nadal v Federer match this year so that Nadal would get a chance to beat Roger atleast once this year Sad They met 4 times this year and Nadal lost all 4 . Great season for Federer though and I don't blame him for not playing all the tournaments at this age .
Paris is faster this year, so I would not have high hopes that Nadal would beat Federer, unless the Swiss plays subpar tennis.
Now I understand how Federer fans felt in 2005-2014, damn...  Grin
Nadal also not satisfied with his performance against the Federer maybe he is also waiting for one more chance to beat Federer in this year.
I think Nadal will not miss next chance he will definalty beat this time Federer.

I thought absy made it clear in the previous post that Federer has withdrew from the Paris master and so you are not going to get to see them playing a fifth round this year. Even if Federer had played i still had high hopes he wwas going to beat Nadal on clay this time around because the sets are limited to three and not 5 as in a grand slam where he normally wear poor old federer out.
legendary
Merit: 1006
October 30, 2017, 10:30:37 AM
Indeed, Federer pulled out of Mirka Paris Bercy, to be at 100% for the World Tour Finals.
This last Masters 1000 looks not good on paper, as usual many players pulled out, but this year more than usual, last one to withdraw was Monfils.

Nadal vs Chung in Round 2, interesting  Cool I like the Korean player, played some great matches this year (the one against Nishikori especially was a cracker).

By the way, Nadal is 1460 pts ahead of Federer, so yeah YE1 is granted for him. Difference being, Federer did not play one single tournament on clay, and that eventually hurt his chances to become #1.

Still I am a Rafa fan so can't complain, the spankings from Fed this year have been hard enough.  Smiley
Same here , I was waiting for another Nadal v Federer match this year so that Nadal would get a chance to beat Roger atleast once this year Sad They met 4 times this year and Nadal lost all 4 . Great season for Federer though and I don't blame him for not playing all the tournaments at this age .
Paris is faster this year, so I would not have high hopes that Nadal would beat Federer, unless the Swiss plays subpar tennis.
Nadal also not satisfied with his performance against the Federer maybe he is also waiting for one more chance to beat Federer in this year.
I think Nadal will not miss next chance he will definalty beat this time Federer.
October 30, 2017, 09:51:06 AM

legendary
October 30, 2017, 09:46:21 AM

October 30, 2017, 09:39:13 AM

legendary
October 30, 2017, 09:10:28 AM
And it's title number 95 for the greatest of all time Roger Federer as he beats Delpo in an amazing finals.  I feel bad for Delpo though , he must reach Paris somehow .

Yes lets hope he continues his impressive form against Nadal in France-the paris masters  before the end of the season. I just can't phantom why Federer keeps getting better even at his current age. He's indeed a legend of the game.
I was hoping the same but Federer has different plans , he withdraws . Check this out for full info -> http://www.express.co.uk/sport/tennis/872829/Roger-Federer-Paris-Masters-Rafael-Nadal . Now Nadal is just one win away from finishing as Year-End Number 1.
Activity: 756
Merit: 253
October 30, 2017, 08:30:27 AM
And it's title number 95 for the greatest of all time Roger Federer as he beats Delpo in an amazing finals.  I feel bad for Delpo though , he must reach Paris somehow .

Yes lets hope he continues his impressive form against Nadal in France-the paris masters  before the end of the season. I just can't phantom why Federer keeps getting better even at his current age. He's indeed a legend of the game.
legendary
October 29, 2017, 10:57:23 PM
Activity: 100
Merit: 100
October 28, 2017, 03:27:59 AM
Not all great players such as Del Potro, can spend the season at the same level. May need to take short breaks to recover their strength.
legendary
October 28, 2017, 12:05:48 AM
Here is the situation of qualified for atp Finals in London:

-Nadal 10465, Federer 9505, A.Zverev 4400, and Thiem 3725 are already mathematically qualified.

-Dimitrov 3560 and Cilic 3535 are not mathematically qualified but 99% will be among the best 8.

-for the last 2 available seats are in the fight 4 players:
Goffin 2750, Carreno-Busta 2605, Querrey 2525 and Anderson 2470

-Del Potro 2135 and Tsonga 2055 are not mathematically out of the fight but have very little chance to enter among the 8 finalists.
I am afraid of Thiem Sad He is loosing the touch , inconsistent . I think he needed to take a break instead of playing all tournaments . I would love to see Del potro make it to top 8 because well he is an awesome competitor.
Jump to: