Pages:
Author

Topic: Texas Hold'em and Omaha/Omaha8 Poker Room - NL, Limit, Potlimit games - page 13. (Read 88126 times)

staff
Activity: 4214
Merit: 1203
I support freedom of choice
Can you add some fun-tables with "virtual" bitcoins? Smiley
So people will be able to test your website without using real bitcoins.
Activity: 546
Merit: 500
URL is https://betco.in - there is no alot of players and usually they get in to room during evenings.
Activity: 308
Merit: 10
what is the URL?  i would like to play..  betco.in never has any traffic.

This thread is for betco.in - https://betco.in . It is the "biggest" BTC poker site currently. There aren't any others. The reason we have no traffic is that no one seems to want to play. I think it is an issue with getting games started - people look at the table list, see 0 players, and leave.

If you want to play and there isn't traffic, sit at a table and do something else until you hear the chime of someone else sitting down. The site has a Twitter account and will tweet when people are sitting and how many. If no one ever sits, games never get started. If someone starts a game, other people join pretty often. The more people in a game, the more attractive it is.

Also, if you sit, I'll probably sit with you and donate BTC to you because it turns out I am terrible. Tongue

Don't go AFK though, it's just as bad to sit at a table with 2 people that aren't even there. If you are actually leaving your computer, stand up Smiley

We are actively working on development of the site; Omaha is coming, and we've been working on other client issues as well. The more people play, the more we'll be able to develop the site.
eof
Activity: 156
Merit: 100
what is the URL?  i would like to play..  betco.in never has any traffic.
Cry  Seth won't play me any more

/not-so-thinly-veiled-brag

ahaha, are you serious? wow.
Activity: 793
Merit: 1016
 Cry  Seth won't play me any more

/not-so-thinly-veiled-brag
I can tell you that at non-micros (NL25+) currently the players at that level all know each other (seth!!!!!) and so we would immediately notice a new player at those limits; any more than one in a day would be a complete abnormality, and definitely arouse suspicion among the current "community". Even having a non-HU game at those stakes is a rarity right now.

(I would actually say this is true for all limits on the site right now, but at micros there are more often newcomers Smiley )

When the site gets bigger we will have to revisit this problem. Hopefully that coincides with the rewrite of the code.
No idea why anyone would play non-heads up at any stakes other than micros. Collusion is way too easy. Even showing all cards at showdown is not enough. You need skilled people reviewing full hand histories, tracking user IDs, IP addresses, etc. This stuff isn't easy and is why large poker sites have huge Security departments.

But hey, it's a start, keep at it.

I believe at this point we will not have this particular problem due to small size. But if someone suspect non honest game - please report. If it become often enough I will develop tools/policies to review such cases and prevent harm from it.
Activity: 334
Merit: 250
No idea why anyone would play non-heads up at any stakes other than micros. Collusion is way too easy. Even showing all cards at showdown is not enough. You need skilled people reviewing full hand histories, tracking user IDs, IP addresses, etc. This stuff isn't easy and is why large poker sites have huge Security departments.

But hey, it's a start, keep at it.
Activity: 182
Merit: 101
anisoptera fixed rake code. so room take rake now.

We do not charge rake if the hand ends on the first betting round - before the flop.

Heads-Up: we collect 1% rake with x5 BB cap and 0.5 BTC absolute cap.

Round: we collect 1% rake with x10 BB cap and 2 BTC absolute cap.

This should help us to develop it faster since we have incentive now =)

Good luck.
Activity: 700
Sounds fair enough to me.
anisoptera fixed rake code. so room take rake now.

We do not charge rake if the hand ends on the first betting round - before the flop.

Heads-Up: we collect 1% rake with x5 BB cap and 0.5 BTC absolute cap.

Round: we collect 1% rake with x10 BB cap and 2 BTC absolute cap.

This should help us to develop it faster since we have incentive now =)
legendary
Activity: 3920
Merit: 2348
Eadem mutata resurgo
But I bet if you post it in marketplace section, someone will come with it.

I won't bet against that one ... I will post it though, thanks again.
moa, this is completely different beast. I would like to implement it all, but I do not have enough time for poker... But I bet if you post it in marketplace section, someone will come with it.
legendary
Activity: 3920
Merit: 2348
Eadem mutata resurgo
Good work hippich and anisoptera, bitcoin poker has good potential imo ... limited downside due to it being legal in many countries.

It is great example of how bitcoin community can make s/ware (web) projects happen very quickly because there is huge surplus of competent coding potential from all over the globe, just sitting out there watching bitcoin marketplace and etc for work to come up paying in BTC. Some good entrepreneurs/managers to organise the work and run businesses will do well.

Any future plans on implementing some BlackJack tables? .... I might have a dabble at that Wink
BTW, anisoptera started to work on back-end. And HU blinds were fixed by her!
Heads-up is definitely fixed, I watched a few people playing HU and everything looks good.

More changes coming soon once we get rake implemented.
Activity: 793
Merit: 1016
How do you feel about my suggestion of showing EVERYONE's hand after it is over?  That way no one can collude no matter what without being obvious.

OMG that would be sick.  I wonder how I'd change my game to balance my preflop selection if I knew everybody would get to see them.  Theoretically, if they watch me for billions of hands, then can reasonably deduce it, but having them be able to deduce it within a few hundred hands is something else entirely.  Fuck, I'd just have to play GTO I guess.  Gross.
Activity: 182
Merit: 101
There are a lot of ways. I'm not gonna sit here and type of examples here for you so people can read them and start thinking of ideas. Use your brain. Heres one last one:

On the turn its 3 ways. Legit player checks, villian 1 bets large, villian 2 raises large....legit player decides to call this time, so hes winning money....river goes check, check, check....legit player shows the best hand and takes the pot....BUT DOESNT GET TO SEE WHAT THE OTHER TWO PLAYERS HAD. IF YOU CAN GET THIS THROUGH YOUR THICK SKULL, THAT IS SOME NECCESSARY INFORMATION TO FIND OUT IF THEY WERE COLLUDING.

As for showing every hand at every showdown? I'd be fine with that.

Little limit experience hahahahaha thanks for making me laugh! I've played more limit hands than you in my lifetime old man, and that is a god damn guarantee. Unless you've played over 2 million which I sincerely doubt. Stop saying that this rule would solve "one tiny subset" of colluding, this rule would allow players to police them GOD DAMNED SELVES and solve virtually the entire problem of colluding

Well, for someone who's supposedly very experienced, it's amazing you were able to profit without understanding the game.

Why do you need someone to collude in your example?  In Big Bet, first guy can just bet big if he wants, he doesn't need his buddy to see-saw.  Sure, a raise might be scarier.  But if you suspect collusion, you can absolutely destroy the team.  If you do in limit, you can't do crap.  You pay double or more when a villain has a hand, you get paid only the smallest amount when they don't.

Enough moving the goalposts with regards to tournaments. First of all, I was just using that as an example to show that people will play regardless. I said right there in writing that 9.000 players played it, while 300.000 users were on the site. I am acknowledging that cashgames are the bigger game, and cashgames are all that is available on this site anyways.

You are the one who brought up tournaments, NOT ME.

You really have a hatred for multitablers. Do you realize its only possible to 2 table on this site currently? Anyways, the stars games you are describing, do you not see how its not all advantage to the 20 tablers? They have to put up 20 times the money, first of all, and second of all they have to think about a lot more stuff whereas someone focusing on 1 table can be concentrating a lot more on decisions on that table.

And this is a good thing.  Although sitting out at a lot of tables trying to get games going is probably a good thing since there aren't many players.

Sure, a 20-tabler isn't able to think as much.  Which is why they don't, they just play super nitty, at worst lose money to rake, and just follow whatever their HUD tells them to do.  A 1-tabler gets bored folding, plays hands they shouldn't, and keeps games interesting.  Rake will always win in a table of nits.

Anyways, its all smoke and mirrors anyways, just because theres some people playing 20 tables, you act like online cash was so tough. It wasn't, get over it, there were still plenty of fish till it got shutdown.

20-tablers have more risk?  Another hilariously wrong argument.  There is no more money on the line, it just means they get 20-times as many hands in. This reduces variance.  Poker moved from a game where you think to a game where you look at your HUD, then make a decision and move on to the next table.  It favors the Starcraft internet nerds more than poker players.  But I can see why you favor that style.

The games changed tremendously in the last 8 years, and multi-tabling HUD players are the reason why.  There are armies of solid low limit players.  I was shocked at how low stakes some of the serious players play (because they just grind out 20 tables).  Sure, they make decent money because they are playing 20 tables and grind a ton.  It wasn't always like that.  It's fantastic for the sites.  They make 20x as much rake.  Games are nitfests, and unless you are willing to just play a super nit style, wait until you have the nuts, then hope you are with the 1 fish, or constantly change tables until you find the fish and bumhunt.

But right now, the .5/1 games are harder than 5/10 NL was 5 years ago.  It's not even close. 

But you being a winning player without having a clue about anything shows you are probably right that it still isn't that hard to win.

Anyways, stop putting words in my mouth. I've continuously said that collusion isn't a problem, it just could arise in the future, especially since Hippich is currently accepting deposits and everything is motherfucking anonymous. This doesn't concern you in the least though eh?

Having the site be heads up games only would be a terrible idea. Almost no people like heads up and the variance is much higher, among other reasons. The bad players also go broke more quickly heads up which is bad for the site and bad for everyone except the person they're playing.

And again, I would be fine with everyone's cards being shown.

I'm actually a bit shocked you are fine with showing down hands at the end, but at least it's a position that isn't retarded.  It actually would help catch collusion other than your half-brained ideas that would catch only the most moronic of colluders (who probably would be losing money and exploited for their stupid collusion).  For a site that cannot actively monitor colluders, it actually is probably the best idea.  But there's no recourse now anyway, other than just not playing when those players are in.

Betco.in in it's current form is a great casual diversion but not anything I'd want to play for serious stakes.  And that actually is a good thing, I've actually enjoyed the social experience of it much more than Stars or FTP, where you might as well have been playing against robots.
I've updated code with submitted HU game patch. Please try it and let me know if it works correctly.

Also, I've added bunch of HU tables. Not sure if we need that much, so comments are welcome.
Pages:
Jump to: