Pages:
Author

Topic: The Bear Market is officially...OFF?!? - page 3. (Read 29273 times)

Activity: 700
Merit: 500
daytrader/superhero
It happens... I only have a token amount "invested" anyways, and risk is what makes trading fun (and its still cheapeer than vegas, lol  Wink  ).
Activity: 294
Merit: 250
This bull will try to shake you off. Hold tight!
I did.  Many times from mid 2011 to the bottom.

Me too.  I got shredded this year...I did alright on the way down in 2011, but got too cocky this year. I am still ahead, but just barely.

I'm sorry Sad

I am also taking a hit now. Losing 30% of a large investment in just 5 days, pfew. Been loading up on the way down, no rebound whatsoever :/

Double checking whether my strategy is the right one ...
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
as someone who bought in < $10/coin initially but currently mine my coins, I welcome this.  I also have no plans on cashing out anytime soon so the exchange rate is meaningless to me for a very long time.
N12
donator
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1010

Me too.  I got shredded this year...I did alright on the way down in 2011, but got too cocky this year. I am still ahead, but just barely.

Sad to hear, particularly tragic when you wrongly stray from your initial view (I remember your "red candles still haunt my dreams" and have felt exactly the same for a long time).
daytrader/superhero

legendary
Activity: 2097
Merit: 1070
I'm buying, as a professional day trader I can see a HnS pattern that is bottoming and I see higher prices from here

Also, remember that we have a long-term potential with this disruptive technology that is about to change the world as we know it

Good luck with that. Up, Up, Up !  Roll Eyes
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1019
I'm buying, as a professional day trader I can see a HnS pattern that is bottoming and I see higher prices from here

Also, remember that we have a long-term potential with this disruptive technology that is about to change the world as we know it

I don't see a reverse head and shoulders really, but maybe you're right
Activity: 252

legendary
Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276
Be careful catching those falling knives, guys.  It's really easy to get caught on the wrong side of the trade in this market.

I did.  Many times from mid 2011 to the bottom.  I was slashed up pretty good.  It theorized that all that grabbing would eventually have me buying at the bottom so I kept some power dry throughout and even had one last batch queued up but never deployed.  I always gave some odds that it would be one of the better financial moves of my lifetime and so far that looks on track to be the case.  At this point I'm just waiting for the next 'bubble' to start to genuinely capitalize though I did make myself whole fiat-wise at about 10x.  I've engineered things pretty well to never need to 'panic', but being netted to zero give extra psychological comfort to wait however many years it takes to find a good selling point, or even stand by in a complete failure of Bitcoin if that should occur.

daytrader/superhero
Be careful catching those falling knives, guys.  It's really easy to get caught on the wrong side of the trade in this market.
Ah, that makes a lot of sense. I'm still getting a feel for a lot of this. I feel like I've gotten through the panic buy/sell phase, having lost a bit in the process of selling low and buying high a few times, and now the trends and changes are starting to feel a bit more normal/obvious. Your strategy sounds a lot less risky, and still quite lucrative.

Great to hear it's useful for you. I also lost lots of money buying the high and selling the low. It took me 10 years to get some decent results, and I'm still learning.
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
Ah, that makes a lot of sense. I'm still getting a feel for a lot of this. I feel like I've gotten through the panic buy/sell phase, having lost a bit in the process of selling low and buying high a few times, and now the trends and changes are starting to feel a bit more normal/obvious. Your strategy sounds a lot less risky, and still quite lucrative.
I do believe we are headed to a downward trend, but people will have plenty of time to sell... I am constantly buying/selling with each swing, making 2-5% each time... This won't be a fast crash down so take your time if you decide to sell Smiley

smart man.

I fully agree, am doing the same. Buy and hold would have earned me around 500% with bitcoin this year, I am around 1000% by simply selling as it goes up and buying as it goes down.

What signals do you use to decide when a trend is about to change?

I am not using signals. I have a fixed allocation to bitcoins, say 20% of my portfolio, if bitcoins go up this 20% becomes say 25% of my portfolio and I sell 5% so it's back to 20%, and when it goes down it drops to say 18% of my portfolio, I buy btc as to bring it back up to 20% of my portfolio.

I explain more about my strategy in this thread:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.1933492
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
I do believe we are headed to a downward trend, but people will have plenty of time to sell... I am constantly buying/selling with each swing, making 2-5% each time... This won't be a fast crash down so take your time if you decide to sell Smiley

smart man.

I fully agree, am doing the same. Buy and hold would have earned me around 500% with bitcoin this year, I am around 1000% by simply selling as it goes up and buying as it goes down.

What signals do you use to decide when a trend is about to change?

smart man.

legendary
Activity: 3976
Merit: 1421
Life, Love and Laughter...

smart man.
daytrader/superhero
Stolen from another thread:

legendary
Activity: 3108
Merit: 1531
yes
Now, BTC is following a consistent downwards trend since April, 10th, full of bull traps and sucker rallies, but a consistent downwards trend nevertheless. I just see the trend and I do not fight it.

This and this only. Your own feelings have nothing to do with it.
daytrader/superhero

+1 from me too Molecular. Rampion, why is despair and capitulation unavoidable in this correction?

Because its not a correction, it's a bubble deflating, and before BTC can start a new growth trend it needs to be undervalued and oversold.

How do you know that this will not just be a correction but that this will be a bubble deflating?

I'm asking as I'm not sure. I would agree that chances are higher for the price to go down over the next half year.

However, I also think there is a smaller but real chance that it won't and we trend higher the coming half year.

You seem very certain this won't happen. I'm wondering what makes you so certain?

Everything points to a bubble deflating and not to a correction. The "correction" case is still remotely possible, but it gets weaker and weaker each day that passes.

I'm not 100% sure about the market, nobody can be. But I know that statistically there are much more chances for the price to go down mid term, than to go up. This is how the post-bubble plays out 99% of the times (and the 1% that didn't it was because it was not a bubble in the first instance), and for those arguing that the run-up from $20ish to $266 was not a bubble I have a lot of counter-arguments (primarily based in common sense and logic) about how we indeed witnessed a speculative mania phase that led to a spectacular bubble.

Now, BTC is following a consistent downwards trend since April, 10th, full of bull traps and sucker rallies, but a consistent downwards trend nevertheless. I just see the trend and I do not fight it.

This.
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

+1 from me too Molecular. Rampion, why is despair and capitulation unavoidable in this correction?

Because its not a correction, it's a bubble deflating, and before BTC can start a new growth trend it needs to be undervalued and oversold.

How do you know that this will not just be a correction but that this will be a bubble deflating?

I'm asking as I'm not sure. I would agree that chances are higher for the price to go down over the next half year.

However, I also think there is a smaller but real chance that it won't and we trend higher the coming half year.

You seem very certain this won't happen. I'm wondering what makes you so certain?

Everything points to a bubble deflating and not to a correction. The "correction" case is still remotely possible, but it gets weaker and weaker each day that passes.

I'm not 100% sure about the market, nobody can be. But I know that statistically there are much more chances for the price to go down mid term, than to go up. This is how the post-bubble plays out 99% of the times (and the 1% that didn't it was because it was not a bubble in the first instance), and for those arguing that the run-up from $20ish to $266 was not a bubble I have a lot of counter-arguments (primarily based in common sense and logic) about how we indeed witnessed a speculative mania phase that led to a spectacular bubble.

Pages:
Jump to: