Pages:
Author

Topic: The Bear Market is officially...OFF?!? - page 5. (Read 29273 times)

Activity: 700
Merit: 500
daytrader/superhero
I seriously doubt any domain seizures will occur as the US bank account seizure has nothing to do with mtgox.com or bitcoin.  From the feds' point of view, money was sent from Dwolla account A to Mark Karpales' Wells Fargo account; then from Mark's Wells Fargo account to Dwolla account B.  Case closed: Mark's Wells Fargo account is operating as a money transmitting business, entire enclosed within US borders, and can be seized for lack of a license.  Why he didn't sign up for a license is beyond me.

DHS is specifically targeting MtGox, though.  Right now they are doing it through the most convenient means, through shutting down bank accounts. I highly doubt they are going to stop there, though.

IMO, If they cant take down the exchange through seizing accounts, they will do it in court. This is also going to set a precedent on how they handle the other exchanges dealing in the US as well.

http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2013/05/feds-reveal-the-search-warrant-that-seized-mt-gox-account/
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057
Marketing manager - GO MP
I am using btce once you disable the trollbox it's quite bearable. But you would get quite a haircut if you were to do this right now.

I have an account on BTC-E, but rarely use it (I think I have a few alt coins there), but they have always struck me as a bit shady too.

I used to think like that too, but they are in Russia which still is pretty much as far from US influence as it can get imo.
Next, I don't view them as any more shady than others. The dilettante image actually strikes me as positive in a way, no pretending and no bullshit.
Activity: 387
Merit: 250
My concern is that wire transfers wont be possible much longer either. Honestly, I wouldnt be surprised of Mt.Gox's domain gets seized (killing any chance of getting my money back).

I seriously doubt any domain seizures will occur as the US bank account seizure has nothing to do with mtgox.com or bitcoin.  From the feds' point of view, money was sent from Dwolla account A to Mark Karpales' Wells Fargo account; then from Mark's Wells Fargo account to Dwolla account B.  Case closed: Mark's Wells Fargo account is operating as a money transmitting business, entire enclosed within US borders, and can be seized for lack of a license.  Why he didn't sign up for a license is beyond me.
daytrader/superhero
What about CampBX - that's meant to be all properly registered in the US from what I've read. I have no idea on their order book depth though.

I'll look into them...
daytrader/superhero
I am using btce once you disable the trollbox it's quite bearable. But you would get quite a haircut if you were to do this right now.

I have an account on BTC-E, but rarely use it (I think I have a few alt coins there), but they have always struck me as a bit shady too.
legendary
Activity: 2097
Merit: 1070

What's the rush ? Unless you need to withdraw immediately I'd just leave it in MtGox or do a wire from MtGox to the US.

The order book on bitstamp is pretty thin looking.

My concern is that wire transfers wont be possible much longer either. Honestly, I wouldnt be surprised of Mt.Gox's domain gets seized (killing any chance of getting my money back).

Thats my concern about bitstamp as well.

What about CampBX - that's meant to be all properly registered in the US from what I've read. I have no idea on their order book depth though.
daytrader/superhero

What's the rush ? Unless you need to withdraw immediately I'd just leave it in MtGox or do a wire from MtGox to the US.

Thats my concern about bitstamp as well.
legendary
Activity: 2097
Merit: 1070
Uggh. As much as I dont want to, I am going to have to buy back into the market temporarily to move my funds from Mt.Gox.  Looks like the jig is up for US customers there.  The big question then becomes which exchange gets targeted next...I dont think DHS is going to stop with Gox.

Any suggestions on where I should go? I'm thinking about Bitstamp since I have used them in the past to flip XRP, but I'm still not certain about them.

legendary
Uggh. As much as I dont want to, I am going to have to buy back into the market temporarily to move my funds from Mt.Gox.  Looks like the jig is up for US customers there.  The big question then becomes which exchange gets targeted next...I dont think DHS is going to stop with Gox.

Any suggestions on where I should go? I'm thinking about Bitstamp since I have used them in the past to flip XRP, but I'm still not certain about them.

daytrader/superhero
Uggh. As much as I dont want to, I am going to have to buy back into the market temporarily to move my funds from Mt.Gox.  Looks like the jig is up for US customers there.  The big question then becomes which exchange gets targeted next...I dont think DHS is going to stop with Gox.

legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018
No coins rushed to the exchange after the Dwolla news. Fiat rushed out ($4M instantly vanished from the order book), but BTC did not rush in (almost no change in the ask sum) - which makes sense, if you use Dwolla there's no point in exchanging your un-seizable currency for seizable fiat.

I guess these were just speculators who rapidly reacted to these news to sell high and buy low - I personally did that as soon as I read those news. I made a market sell at $116ish and I bought back shortly after at $109ish. I guess many traders did exactly the same thing.

Let's see how this situation unfolds.

donator
Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019
Looks like we finally got a little bit of movement again. No test of old lows so far, but the day isn't over yet.

Thoughts?

Thoughts: there's plenty of support at 100, 90, 80. If 80 falls we're in a serious downtrend and will likely test 50 again.

I doubt it, though. Europeans are waking up currenlty and might drive the price down to $100. Maybe even $90. I'd be genuinely surprised if we break below $90. We might even bottom above $100, but I wouldn't bet too much on it.

On the upside I don't feel any considerable rally coming and $125 doesn't look like it's going down any time soon.

Trading range $80 ($90) <-> $125 ($115) could yield good profits if nerves hold.
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002
Let us gather brethren, the inner voice speaks. I now see a dawn of destruction; theft, pillaging, carnage! A society out of control! Oh the torment! The suffering! Brethren, you must sell all your bitcoins by tomorrow! This is the end of the old order! A new order of panic and fear shall abound! Brethren, the great fall, has begun! Tongue

If this is the end of the old order, wouldn't we want to buy all the bitcoins?
Activity: 448
Bitcoin super-duper-mega-ultra-hyper-node
Let us gather brethren, the inner voice speaks. I now see a dawn of destruction; theft, pillaging, carnage! A society out of control! Oh the torment! The suffering! Brethren, you must sell all your bitcoins by tomorrow! This is the end of the old order! A new order of panic and fear shall abound! Brethren, the great fall, has begun! Tongue
legendary
Now I see it.  Shocked
Activity: 448
Bitcoin super-duper-mega-ultra-hyper-node
Next support @97.5

Is it just me, or does any else see a dragon in that chart?
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper
We're probably entering a decline that will last for days if not weeks.

As much of a bull that I am...i tend to agree with this.

Take some profit guys. Just saying. Or be patient.

At last common sense from smoothie  Wink

Pfssh I've got common sense even when I'm a super ultra bull lol.

What I post on this forum isn't necessarily what I am doing in person lol.

Dont be fooled so easily.

But take some profit.  Tongue

Smoothie has like 12 accounts!

As it started, I was driving and I went all ape shit!

This coming form a guy who created his account on April 23, 2013.

LOL yeah i have 12 accounts and I create them every 2 years lol
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000
I'm not so sure this will last several days, I think the market may be overreacting to the dwolla news. When things are cleared up and it turns out it isn't as bad as it seems then price will shoot back up fast I think. Or perhaps it's really that bad after all, but my gut tells me that it is an overreaction and people assume the worst due to lack of information.
Activity: 490
Merit: 101
FRX: Ferocious Alpha

Smoothie has like 12 accounts!

As it started, I was driving and I went all ape shit!
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

Pages:
Jump to: