Pages:
Author

Topic: The Biggest Fish - cooperative gambling game! - page 3. (Read 10271 times)

donator
Activity: 3052
Merit: 1110
I corrected the numbers in my previous post:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.1358978
Dooglus is correct in that a Martingale strategy doesn't work at all well on TBF game.
legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009
A lot of small fish with 0.05-0.09 weight has been fed. Just for fun. Should become visible soon...
legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000
I see that the browser loads all fish, even invisible, would happen if someone created 1000 fish at the same time? I think this could affect the performance of the game, is this controlled?

Yes. It's contolled. If u skim thru the HTML source u can notice a piece of code
Code:
//if(fishWeights[i]>99)

It will be uncommented when a lot of fish affects performance. Now all fish is processed to assess a limit of fish on one screen.

Smiley
legendary
I see that the browser loads all fish, even invisible, would happen if someone created 1000 fish at the same time? I think this could affect the performance of the game, is this controlled?

Yes. It's contolled. If u skim thru the HTML source u can notice a piece of code
Code:
//if(fishWeights[i]>99)

It will be uncommented when a lot of fish affects performance. Now all fish is processed to assess a limit of fish on one screen.
legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000
legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 1333
Dooglus, as I'm sure you have already theorized, I will need a fully autonomous army of regenerative fish that when given the signal will attack with the ferocity of 1000 armies.

So like a botnet but made out of fish?  A fishnet perhaps?  Kinky...
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1014
FPV Drone Pilot
Anyone know how to script me up a bot to keep topping up a fish that gets bit?  May just make it rain Miconfish...

I can do that for you.

The API's not ready yet, he's just listing the features it will provide.  But when it's done I'll make you a bot to keep your fish fed.

Dooglus, as I'm sure you have already theorized, I will need a fully autonomous army of regenerative fish that when given the signal will attack with the ferocity of 1000 armies.
legendary
Anyone know how to script me up a bot to keep topping up a fish that gets bit?  May just make it rain Miconfish...

I can do that for you.

The API's not ready yet, he's just listing the features it will provide.  But when it's done I'll make you a bot to keep your fish fed.
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1016
Strength in numbers
That's obviously a picture of his home aquarium, he was just showing how similar they happen to be.
Activity: 756
Merit: 522
a productive day no doubt.

Did you just take a photo of your monitor?!
legendary
I can understand keeping withdraws manual.

Forgot about cash-in.

4. Withdraw bitcoins.
5. Put 1 BTC into the chest.
6. Take 1 BTC from the chest.
legendary
FPV Drone Pilot
Will there be an API built?

I'd like to have some fish re-feeding bots set up by mid-December

OK.

1. Get the list of visible fish (id, name, website, weight)
2. Bite a particular fish
3. Get Diary entries (with ids to know who ate ur fish)

Requests will be sent as HTTP POST with POST parameters. Responses will be sent as JSON.

Is it enough?

I was only half-joking.  I feel we will need cash-in address as well to make this work... I can understand keeping withdraws manual.

legendary

OK.

1. Get the list of visible fish (id, name, website, weight)
2. Bite a particular fish
3. Get Diary entries (with ids to know who ate ur fish)

Requests will be sent as HTTP POST with POST parameters. Responses will be sent as JSON.

Is it enough?
legendary
FPV Drone Pilot

legendary
FPV Drone Pilot
a productive day no doubt.

legendary
My "Qubic Forum" fish disappears every hour. Someone keeps eating all small fish. Looks like a profitable business...
Activity: 461
Merit: 252
I've got 4 jackpots today (4 BTC)!
I love this game!!!
legendary
[...] U have to attack someone to get a letter.

Bigger fish = better odds to get a letter after an attack (even unsuccessful one). The odds scale up to 100% for the biggest fish.

I'm confused.  If only the attacker has a chance of getting a letter, how can the biggest fish have a 100% chance, since he can't ever be the attacker.

Can you maybe get a letter if you're the one being attacked, if you win?

Sometimes there are 2 "the biggest fish" coz they have equal weight. It's allowed to bite a fish of the same weight.

Maybe it's all explained on the rules page, but I still can't find it.  Is it really the case that the rules aren't available until after you start playing?

If u join the game u can find the rules after u click on "Click here to read how to play" at the bottom. But there is very little information.
It had been planned to launch a simple game where fish just bite each other, but then the developer changed his mind and now is adding new content and has no time to write the rules. It's supposed that ppl get the details reading this thread coz the game is not advertised somewhere else.
I have no clue when the developer is going to publish the rules. Here is a part of his plans:
- Bazaar (sell your letters/items to other players)
- Housing (buy a piece of water and build/defend your own paradise [Time Management + Tower Defense])
- Mini-games (different mini-games like lottery, slot machines, labyrinth and so on)
- Shares (invest into mini-games and get your part of the profit)
- Coliseum (train a fighting fish to win in championships)
- Global Events (Pandemia of Rabies, Order vs Chaos war, Invasion, ...)

PS: If u need any details regarding game mechanic don't hesitate to ask me. If I don't know anything I'll ask the developer via Skype.
legendary
[...] U have to attack someone to get a letter.

Bigger fish = better odds to get a letter after an attack (even unsuccessful one). The odds scale up to 100% for the biggest fish.

I'm confused.  If only the attacker has a chance of getting a letter, how can the biggest fish have a 100% chance, since he can't ever be the attacker.

Can you maybe get a letter if you're the one being attacked, if you win?

Maybe it's all explained on the rules page, but I still can't find it.  Is it really the case that the rules aren't available until after you start playing?
legendary
I've noticed that ppl use 2 different strategies to "earn" coins playing TBF:

1. Deposit a lot of coins and bite one of the biggest fish. If they lose they deposit more and try to martingale. If they win they withdraw all coins.
2. Eat all small fish. If they lose they deposit small amount and bite again. If they win they withdraw a few coins to be able to bite the smallest fish.

There are also some ppl who don't care about money and play for fun. They bite everyone they can or wait someone bites them. If they lose they deposit coins. If they win they withdraw their own money and leave the rest in the game.
Pages:
Jump to: