Pages:
Author

Topic: The Biggest Fish - cooperative gambling game! - page 6. (Read 10266 times)

legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000
We need a history of battles, sometimes I don't know if the transaction fail or I died when I'm not seeing
legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009
+ I made a "MiconFISH" / sent coins to it but accidentally closed the browser - gone forever?

Not forever. PM me with ur withdrawal address and transaction ids.
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1014
FPV Drone Pilot
Someone has just tried to win against 3 BTC fish. Attacked it with 30 small fish 0.1 BTC each. Now 3 BTC became 4.5 BTC.
It seems to me that a lot of attempts with small fish give less chances to win than one attempt with all powers.

vs the 4.5 fish is a 4.4 fish the best shot?

If u need the highest chance than 4.5 is the best. Adjusting weight of ur fish u adjust winnings VS risk ratio. But don't split ur attack on 2-3-4 stages, coz ur victim will grow between attempts and winnings VS ratio will become worse.

ok i shipped .1 coin to my fish:  1N4mSQSX8cgQshjYnVoSy7NjaTr8szFr8L

then lost a bite, then shipped .11 more and now.... nothing...

+ I made a "MiconFISH" / sent coins to it but accidentally closed the browser - gone forever?
legendary
Someone has just tried to win against 3 BTC fish. Attacked it with 30 small fish 0.1 BTC each. Now 3 BTC became 4.5 BTC.
It seems to me that a lot of attempts with small fish give less chances to win than one attempt with all powers.

If u need the highest chance than 4.5 is the best. Adjusting weight of ur fish u adjust winnings VS risk ratio. But don't split ur attack on 2-3-4 stages, coz ur victim will grow between attempts and winnings VS ratio will become worse.
legendary
FPV Drone Pilot

legendary
legendary
pretty cool IMO.

totally about to make a Micon fish + a sealswithclubs fish... maybe Freemoney beat me to it  Smiley

So IMO lets say I had a really big fish, like 55 btc or something 10x what the "big" fishes were

- so like, everyone is going to take a shot and bite me - what are my exact chances for survival?  is it supposed to be +EV for smaller fish to bite larger?  so having the largest fish is -EV and just to fly your flag? (I sort of love that model)

- or is it really balanced?  if i drop a headshot of BTC on my fish is it fairly impossible to bite, unless a guy comes along and lets just say makes his fish 45 vs. my 55 and takes a few bites, will he likely 1/2 me after a few shots?  or after his 1st shot I take 1/2 and his next shot is only 1/2 as powerful?

I NEED MORE INFO / really cool / got me thinking for sure. 

The same math as playing other gambling games should be applied. If u compare TBF to SatoshiDICE, u can notice that it's the same game. The only difference is that SatoshiDICE uses its own money to pay winnings and TBF uses money of other fish... er, players.

Btw, 10 BTC vs 20 BTC gives only 33% chance to win, not 50%, so gameplay looks perfectly balanced - more ur risk, higher ur reward.
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1005
The instructions, such as they are, say the odds of winning are proportional to the size of the fish.  So the tiny .1 fish attacking the 50 BTC fish has a very small chance of winning.  However, when the tiny fish wins, he wins 25 BTC, and when he loses, he loses .05.

1% goes to the house and it looks like 10% to someone else's fish if you click on that, so I'd click on the 0 fish to start.
legendary
FPV Drone Pilot
pretty cool IMO.

totally about to make a Micon fish + a sealswithclubs fish... maybe Freemoney beat me to it  Smiley

So IMO lets say I had a really big fish, like 55 btc or something 10x what the "big" fishes were

- so like, everyone is going to take a shot and bite me - what are my exact chances for survival?  is it supposed to be +EV for smaller fish to bite larger?  so having the largest fish is -EV and just to fly your flag? (I sort of love that model)

- or is it really balanced?  if i drop a headshot of BTC on my fish is it fairly impossible to bite, unless a guy comes along and lets just say makes his fish 45 vs. my 55 and takes a few bites, will he likely 1/2 me after a few shots?  or after his 1st shot I take 1/2 and his next shot is only 1/2 as powerful?

I NEED MORE INFO / really cool / got me thinking for sure. 
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1015
Strength in numbers
The rules should show somewhere before you join.
legendary
There's currently a 6 BTC a 3 BTC and a bunch of little fish.
Activity: 461
Merit: 252
Why is there a nameless fish with 0 visible?  I thought they had to be .1 BTC to be visible.
Fish with "0" is the very 1st fish which is used to join the game when there are no other fish visible.
legendary
Why is there a nameless fish with 0 visible?  I thought they had to be .1 BTC to be visible.
legendary
Not seeing it.

Clean browser cache. CTRL+SHIFT+DEL.
legendary
Not seeing it.
Activity: 461
Merit: 252
I see there is a chat in the game now. Cool!
legendary
oops I sent a few Satoshis to yesterday's fish game earlier before refreshing the browser & checking here

If it was AFTER this transaction - http://blockchain.info/tx/37be84ec7bc95852754f10a62f98a95cfaad80eecfc8f23ae3f02dbadd5529f9 - then PM me with ur tx id.
donator
Activity: 3024
Merit: 1105
oops I sent a few Satoshis to yesterday's fish game earlier before refreshing the browser & checking here
legendary
At Mr. Bargheimer's request, here's a link to a discussion of TBF strategy so people can comment.

From the blog:
If I lose… no big deal, attack again. If I lose I attack again. If I die I just put more money in. Eventually I win, and once that happens I wipe the other person and count my profit.

What about such a situation:
Alice has 100 BTC, Bob has 100 BTC.
Alice bites Bob and loses => Bob has 150 BTC, Alice has 50 BTC.
Alice deposits 100 BTC => Bob has 150, Alice has 150.
Alice bites Bob and loses again => Bob has 225 BTC, Alice has 75 BTC.
Now, even if Alice wins next time, she will get back only 112.5 BTC, but she already lost 125 BTC.

The point is that the odds to lose is higher than to win. Am I right?
Activity: 756
Merit: 522
At Mr. Bargheimer's request, here's a link to a discussion of TBF strategy so people can comment.
Pages:
Jump to: