Pages:
Author

Topic: The Biggest Fish - cooperative gambling game! - page 5. (Read 10266 times)

legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009
Is only one fish big sized now or is it a static or dynamic threshold? Is there a bigger size we haven't seen yet?

It's a static image. The biggest one. Usualy only 1 fish is the biggest, but sometimes there are a few fish with the same weight.

PS: The Chest has been added. Click on a free slot to put 1 BTC which will be subtracted from the weight of ur fish. Click on a coin image in the chest to get 1 BTC back.
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1015
Strength in numbers
Is only one fish big sized now or is it a static or dynamic threshold? Is there a bigger size we haven't seen yet?
legendary
Strength in numbers
% should be visible, if u see 62% it means that the fish has 38% chance to win versus u. If the ocean is too crowded... eat the fish! Smiley

Ah, ok I guess that makes sense.

I did realize I can zoom pretty far out to get less overlapping, but the text does get small.

And, ahhem, I can't eat any fish at the moment.
legendary
Strength in numbers
congrats on your biggest fish / did you buy it or un-seed the largest with a successful bite?

I put 2 coins in and everyone else did the rest :-)
legendary
What is 'offense' -0.05 mean in my history?

I would assume it means I attacked a fish, but that amount isn't possible and I didn't click a fish.

edit: n/m that amount is possible, so I must have clicked a fish? err, I was .101 so actually I couldn't lose .05 because I can't click a .1 fish. Plus I didn't actually click a fish.
It means that u attacked someone and lost. With .101 weight u would lose .05 coz weight loss is rounded down, and weight of ur victim doesn't matter coz u lose half of ur own weight.
Is it possible that u clicked other fish by accident? Has anyone had the same issue when fish bites by itself?

totally hooked / have army of SWC fish now...

Q:  is my fish visable / clickable / at all times or only when I'm online in browser?

I would think it's visible whenever it has at least 0.1 BTC.

You can check this for yourself by closing one of your tabs / browsers and checking in the others whether the corresponding fish winks out of existence.
True, fish visibility depends on weight only.

Minor improvement. Fish you can't click don't need the % shown, would clean it up a tad. Especially as it gets crowded in this ocean!
% should be visible, if u see 62% it means that the fish has 38% chance to win versus u. If the ocean is too crowded... eat the fish! Smiley

Also minor.Tthe black text on the fish is sometimes hard to read because of the black lines on the fish when I'm zoomed out a ways.
Bargheimer is going to change the color later, he is working on new content now.
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1014
FPV Drone Pilot
Minor improvement. Fish you can't click don't need the % shown, would clean it up a tad. Especially as it gets crowded in this ocean!

Also minor.Tthe black text on the fish is sometimes hard to read because of the black lines on the fish when I'm zoomed out a ways.

congrats on your biggest fish / did you buy it or un-seed the largest with a successful bite?
legendary
Strength in numbers

legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 1330

Q:  is my fish visable / clickable / at all times or only when I'm online in browser?

I would think it's visible whenever it has at least 0.1 BTC.

You can check this for yourself by closing one of your tabs / browsers and checking in the others whether the corresponding fish winks out of existence.
legendary
FPV Drone Pilot

legendary
Strength in numbers
What is 'offense' -0.05 mean in my history?

I would assume it means I attacked a fish, but that amount isn't possible and I didn't click a fish.

edit: n/m that amount is possible, so I must have clicked a fish? err, I was .101 so actually I couldn't lose .05 because I can't click a .1 fish. Plus I didn't actually click a fish.
legendary
I just typed in a bunch of nonsense and it said I joined the game. Perhaps use some kind of input validation for bitcoin addressses.

Aye, after we add all planned content we polish the game.

This seems pretty important, people will pay you and not be able to get paid if they mess up an address. Address validation is not hard.

We backed this up with the secret code. They can PM me with their login link and I or Bargheimer send the coins.
legendary
Strength in numbers
I just typed in a bunch of nonsense and it said I joined the game. Perhaps use some kind of input validation for bitcoin addressses.

This seems pretty important, people will pay you and not be able to get paid if they mess up an address. Address validation is not hard.
Activity: 336
Merit: 250
Cool project by the way. Hope it nets you some bitcoins!
legendary

Activity: 336
Merit: 250
legendary
We need a history of battles, sometimes I don't know if the transaction fail or I died when I'm not seeing

It's in development. Will be added tomorrow.

Grin

We has updated the server. Press Diary icon near Octopus. It stores last 100 entries.
legendary
FPV Drone Pilot
1)  Love OP / has been helping ppl using the fish-system with attentive PM's.  Kuddos / damn fine operation so far

2) I am mutli-tabling fish game in 2 browsers.  

3)  just ran SealsWithClubsFISHY up to .3 btc / 2x successful bites / huge fucking day IMO

really love this unique / cool btc gaming site.  I hope OP scoops up a domain + somehow can make this my screen saver, and the option when both are only to play a game of rock paper scissors to decide the bite...

I'm just spit-balling here, but this is cool.

edit:  totally addicted, 4-tabling fishes...
donator
Activity: 3024
Merit: 1105
Yep, history would be really cool, if possible can it be backdated somewhat too as I went to sleep about 10 hours ago & after playing & partying forgot what balance I left on my 2 fish, I thought I withdrew them down to 0.1 each but that seems unlikely as amazingly they were both alive this morning with balances of 8.143 btc & 2.155 btc, they actually made more money for me when I was asleep than I made for myself yesterday when awake - beginners luck maybe, perhaps someone kept attacking but lost many bites in a row & kept putting in 50% more each time or something or maybe I left higher balances up on them like 6 btc & 1 btc - would be great to see this last 12 hours history or if anyone could let me know, many thanks, cool game!

Edit: A few fishes had allied me so that may have helped, I'm sure it did so many thanks to those - especially if they were doing lots of bitings.
Edit 2: Just found a note which says 1.5 btc & 0.5 btc left, so could well be that those were the balances that I had left them on last night.
legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000
We need a history of battles, sometimes I don't know if the transaction fail or I died when I'm not seeing

Grin
legendary

Pages:
Jump to: