Pages:
Author

Topic: The biggest problem of altcoins - page 36. (Read 4878 times)

Activity: 374
Merit: 100
DATABLOCKCHAIN.IO SALE IS LIVE | MVP @ DBC.IO
May 09, 2018, 10:23:08 AM
All altcoins are highly corellated on the btc price, as it is a market driver and even a market signal. Plus most of the projects use btc or etherium for the transactions, and there is the main problem of other alts.
Activity: 938
Merit: 0
May 09, 2018, 10:12:55 AM
Altcoin projects must developed themselfs in a way to have more and more practical use, then altcoin would find bigger support and develop in a stronger pace.

Unfortunately, most developers end their project on listing in the exchanges and hardly achieve their roadmap targets. This is the reason for the dump mentally that is bedeviling the altcoin sector. It is only few projects that survive this.
Activity: 462
May 09, 2018, 08:54:20 AM
Altcoin projects must developed themselfs in a way to have more and more practical use, then altcoin would find bigger support and develop in a stronger pace.
Activity: 224
Merit: 31
May 09, 2018, 07:56:11 AM
....is their complete dependancy of Bitcoin. It really takes all the fun out of crypto trading.

No matter what kind of awesome progress some altcoins make....it doesn't change the trend upwards if Bitcoin doesn't allow it.

Pump and dump groups I also blame. Because of them I'm very positive that Bitcoin won't make it past 30 000 this year. 50 000 to 80 000 would be realistic without pump and dump groups dominating and controlling the prices.

Anyways, these things have to change somehow. The first altcoin developers who claim their absolute freedom from Bitcoin will be the real winners of this crypto game.

Not in the least, the thing with alt coins is that in almost all cases the order books are really thin and barring a few exceptions most dont have any use case apart from speculation (i.e. to increase your bitcoin stack.)

For most alt coins a 100 btc is often times more than enough to pump or dump the coin. SO when btc drops people generally rush for safety into something that they are more comfortable holding onto for an extended period of time
Activity: 938
May 09, 2018, 06:26:56 AM
1. There is at least one country currency that is likely to soon fail, possibly Argentina or Venezuela. This will trigger the mass adoption of bitcoin in the population, thus making its value rise over US $ 50 thousand.

2. The mainstream banks will accept bitcoin, then will start offering storage access and software. They will also create various cryptocurrency derivatives.

3. Despite optimism, failure is likely to occur. As many as 95 percent of digital currencies other than bitcon will disappear. The value of the surviving currency will increase and this will happen within the next four to six months.

1 of 2

Digital Bitcoin Currency Prediction

4. The United States government (US) will secretly begin to accumulate one of the cryptocurrencies to facilitate transactions in the gray area with other countries. This is starting to happen, but it will only increase in 2018.

5. China will invest heavily in other cryptocurrencies, but probably not bitcoins. China wants a competitive cryptocurrency with bitcoin, but that can be fully controlled.

6. One of the biggest problems with current cryptocurrency is often changeable. At least basecoins are likely to decrease dramatically by 2018.

7. More companies will pay freelancers with the digital currency, which eventually sparked calls for tax reform.

8. Just like the way the internet changed the monopoly of the mobile industry, the digital currency will change the monopoly of money made by the government.

9. A new government organization will be created to analyze cryptocurrency regulation.

10. Thousands of cryptocurrency companies will be born and floor on the stock. However, only a handful earned great success.

Your analysis is very correct however, I want to know what made you think that all these will happen this year, I mean 2018? Most ICOs have their roadmaps spanning 2019 which I feel will be the flashpoint with this year paving the way. This is my observation though and I want to know why you feel otherwise.
Activity: 10
May 09, 2018, 05:42:43 AM
1. There is at least one country currency that is likely to soon fail, possibly Argentina or Venezuela. This will trigger the mass adoption of bitcoin in the population, thus making its value rise over US $ 50 thousand.

2. The mainstream banks will accept bitcoin, then will start offering storage access and software. They will also create various cryptocurrency derivatives.

3. Despite optimism, failure is likely to occur. As many as 95 percent of digital currencies other than bitcon will disappear. The value of the surviving currency will increase and this will happen within the next four to six months.

1 of 2

Digital Bitcoin Currency Prediction

4. The United States government (US) will secretly begin to accumulate one of the cryptocurrencies to facilitate transactions in the gray area with other countries. This is starting to happen, but it will only increase in 2018.

5. China will invest heavily in other cryptocurrencies, but probably not bitcoins. China wants a competitive cryptocurrency with bitcoin, but that can be fully controlled.

6. One of the biggest problems with current cryptocurrency is often changeable. At least basecoins are likely to decrease dramatically by 2018.

7. More companies will pay freelancers with the digital currency, which eventually sparked calls for tax reform.

8. Just like the way the internet changed the monopoly of the mobile industry, the digital currency will change the monopoly of money made by the government.

9. A new government organization will be created to analyze cryptocurrency regulation.

10. Thousands of cryptocurrency companies will be born and floor on the stock. However, only a handful earned great success.
Activity: 147
Merit: 11
OpenMind y amante de la tecnología Blockchain
May 09, 2018, 01:55:37 AM
....is their complete dependancy of Bitcoin. It really takes all the fun out of crypto trading.

No matter what kind of awesome progress some altcoins make....it doesn't change the trend upwards if Bitcoin doesn't allow it.

Pump and dump groups I also blame. Because of them I'm very positive that Bitcoin won't make it past 30 000 this year. 50 000 to 80 000 would be realistic without pump and dump groups dominating and controlling the prices.

Anyways, these things have to change somehow. The first altcoin developers who claim their absolute freedom from Bitcoin will be the real winners of this crypto game.
No that is just an effect, the real problem for altcoins is that no one is using them for anything other than to speculate with the price, that is why they cannot move independently from bitcoin, once an altcoin becomes successful and it is used in whatever they are trying to achieve then that coin will achieve independence from bitcoin, and until that happens altcoins will still be very dependent on the movements of bitcoin.
Important companies are study introduce tecnology of blockchain, but they want to create their own coins. Only coins with companies behind them survive in my opinion.
Activity: 686
Merit: 250
May 09, 2018, 12:35:05 AM

No that is just an effect, the real problem for altcoins is that no one is using them for anything other than to speculate with the price, that is why they cannot move independently from bitcoin, once an altcoin becomes successful and it is used in whatever they are trying to achieve then that coin will achieve independence from bitcoin, and until that happens altcoins will still be very dependent on the movements of bitcoin.
Activity: 98
Merit: 1
May 08, 2018, 06:46:47 PM
The Biggest problem can be firstly many of them altcoin will go to zero again because there was no development in project, people behind the altcoin may run away and turns to be scam like bitconnect
secondly can they are not register in a country  where there is rules and regulations for crypto .
thirdly i agree with your point on pump and dump and it depends on bitcoin
Activity: 406
May 08, 2018, 06:37:28 AM
For now the biggest problem of altcoins is the red market, of course, but the lack of interest on the part of the community, and the emergence of competitors no less affects the situation.
Activity: 104
May 08, 2018, 02:57:21 AM
The biggest problem with alcoin so far depends on the price of bitcoin. If the bitcoin price drops or rises alcoinpun will follow it. Alcoin can not resist the rise or price of bitcoin. This is the biggest problem alcoin so far. Although the value is up and the percentage is not the same, but all remains dependent on the movement of bitcoin.
Activity: 308
Merit: 15
May 07, 2018, 04:49:12 PM
Any news about the crypto currency can cause the rate to drop dramatically or grow. It is supported by hysteria in the media and jolting on the exchanges after every political statement or another terrible news.
Activity: 70
May 07, 2018, 10:51:15 AM
Agreed. Every single day a new tokens appear and most of them depend on the Bitcoin or on ETH which depends on BTC)) But it's really worth a try to invest, buy tokens of, participate in bounties of the projects that are really interesting. I don't think that there is much a problem with the dependancy of altcoins of BTC.
Activity: 168
Merit: 10
May 07, 2018, 09:27:35 AM
I think so, I think the current altcoin price is too dependent on bitcoin so the altcoin developers have trouble in raising the price of their own coin. this makes them hampered to make the program they set to grow
Activity: 518
Merit: 11
May 07, 2018, 07:07:51 AM
Me, too, such a dependence all coins not like. I think that when the value of bitcoin falls, this dependence will disappear.
Activity: 490
May 07, 2018, 05:55:56 AM

the dependence of altcoins on bitcoin is in fact clearly manifested on high-capitalized coins and on those where whales are sitting. Coins with low capitalization and little-known are not so interesting to the whales. And so little is supported by manipulation. They react addictively to changing the price of bitcoin and play their game
Activity: 504
Merit: 250
May 07, 2018, 05:41:50 AM
I think the biggest problem is BTC parity. Everything is values in BTC terms so all the altcoins are indirectly dependent on the king. BTC dominance will decrease overtime and the projects behind all these altcoins will be strong enough to have a say in the market. In my opinion the BTC dominance will come down to 25% and further to 15% as market matures and new currencies enter the domain. Like of CHIA, Dfinity , COSMOS will have a huge impact on then market dominance
Activity: 252
May 07, 2018, 05:16:28 AM
Dependence of  altcoyins price from bitcoin today has indeed become the biggest current problem for the crypto-currency market. Such a state of affairs can`t be considered a market, if all the crypto depends on the price of BTC. It`s no longer a market. The market will be only if each coin or token is independent in its pricing policy. Developers really need to pay close attention to this issue. In the meantime, the crypto-currency market has some kind of hypertrophied, skewed toward BTC. This is absolutely not normal.
Activity: 462
Good Morning
May 07, 2018, 04:26:18 AM
One day there will come a time when one of the altcoins, for example ethereum, overtakes bitcoin capitalization and then the dependence on bitcoin will be much lower. Bitcoin is not the most technologically advanced coin, it would be logical if in a couple of years it loses its position in the top 1.
Yes, it's also true, bitcoin was like the engine that started the mechanism, but then this mechanism will move on itself, and we'll improve it. So the coin that will beat the bitcoin will be exactly, it's only a matter of time
Activity: 784
Merit: 115
May 07, 2018, 03:48:44 AM
One day there will come a time when one of the altcoins, for example ethereum, overtakes bitcoin capitalization and then the dependence on bitcoin will be much lower. Bitcoin is not the most technologically advanced coin, it would be logical if in a couple of years it loses its position in the top 1.
Pages:
Jump to: