Pages:
Author

Topic: The BTC crash is good news for Altcoins - page 7. (Read 20004 times)

Activity: 616
Merit: 13
December 03, 2018, 11:52:46 PM
https://cointelegraph.com/news/why-did-crypto-market-experience-a-27-billion-wipeout-experts-discuss-factors

Every situation has a bright side, you just have to look at the bigger picture!

According to Crypto Rand, a currency trader and technical analyst,

"We will have to wait some more months until BTC settle down its path through a potential reversal, but the alternative cryptocurrency market could take its own direction getting rid of the BTC influence. The big caps altcoin response has been amazing so far."

Further on, the article goes on to say,

"Institutional investors are focusing on products that provide investor protection and strengthen the infrastructure of the crypto market."

Such volatility doesn't mean anything. The true value of cryptocurrency lies in a strong foundation (which requires user-friendly decentralized marketplaces where we can use cryptocurrency, and added security in the form of escrow systems) which will be made possible with the upcoming ICO's.

They're not all scams!

We need to really look at the big picture because the real time price action is ony a noise. I see a lot of people on social media got affected on what the price of the bitcoin is, if it is in green they are happy and they thought the bulls are going to take over soon. And when they see the price of bitcoin turns red they get sad. They get into this emotional roller coaster because of their emotions and really not knowing what to do. We need to plan one step ahead of the market so when the time comes, we know what we will do.
Activity: 421
Merit: 10
December 03, 2018, 11:24:02 PM
Maybe BTC will be the same as usual, every time it is about to die, maybe it is the signal of the arrival of the bull market. This may be a positive sign. But this is bad news for the altcoin, the altcoin can not withstand the pressure of bitcoin, and some altcoins may disappear. Bitcoin may return to $2,000.
Activity: 868
Merit: 251
HEX: Longer pays better
December 03, 2018, 07:24:17 PM
bitcoin price go down is never be a good news for any aspect of market
it's still a leading coin. so it's very hard to have any altcoin rising when the king get sick.
just hope that not to happen

Your opinion is not right. Admit that now BTC dominates the cryptocurrency market, but I see the flow of cryptocurrency and see that if the BTC price goes down and the price of ETH rise, the rate of altcoins will have strong grow and improve because of the effect of ETH price.
Activity: 643
Merit: 253
December 03, 2018, 07:17:36 PM
Some people might think like that but in fact it is inversely proportional, when the price of BITCOIN decreases, the altcoin is also affected by the decline in Bitcoin prices, this is really unexpected, I also think so but the reality is far more painful
copper member
Activity: 76
Merit: 0
CAT.EX Exchange
December 03, 2018, 07:11:32 PM
It is a good news to altcoins when you are still making investments. But really bad to those investors that are buying in the highest price and now holding and enduring risk in the altcoins lowest price. Because when bitcoin crashes, they also brought the altcoins on the crash.
copper member
Activity: 351
Merit: 1
November 30, 2018, 11:52:17 AM
I don't get this thread.. has btc lost its influence on alts ... and how is this possible if alts will always be paired with btc on exchanges??
Activity: 406
Merit: 11
November 30, 2018, 11:39:22 AM
This is really not good when BTC go down because a lot of altcoin coin suffer immediately after the downfall of BTC. A lot people are dependent on crypto currency to make profit, but the current situation is really a worst scenario of all time in my experience.
Activity: 280
Merit: 11
November 30, 2018, 02:14:55 AM
Having the feelings that the if BTC is a good news for altcoins maybe a wrong feeling because it has also affected altcoins so badly.
Activity: 588
Merit: 104
November 29, 2018, 05:12:04 PM
BTC crashing is not a good news for altcoins and never was.
The crypto market is still  small in volume and altcoins are very dependent of BTC, the market leader which is dominating the market with over than 50% market share.
For altcoins the good thing is when BTC is increasing like it did last year and then the whole market was booming.
Activity: 398
Merit: 10
November 29, 2018, 02:24:30 PM
bitcoin price go down is never be a good news for any aspect of market
it's still a leading coin. so it's very hard to have any altcoin rising when the king get sick.
just hope that not to happen
Activity: 210
November 28, 2018, 06:32:27 PM
I do not think that altcoin will somehow benefit from this. on the contrary, it seems to me that if bitcoin dies or collapses in price, it will have a very negative impact on all altcoins
Activity: 1414
Merit: 505
Backed.Finance
November 28, 2018, 06:25:16 PM
In my opinion, I doubt that it is a good news for the altcoins, due to majority of it(which is the altcoins) when Bitcoin drop its value altcoins will get affected by it, then if there are some altcoins get pump its value, it is obviously a temporary only just like what happened into XRP so far were it was being manipulated only by the their manipulators in the market.

Bitcoin crash is not good either on altcoins. When bitcoin dives downward, altcoins follows. Altcoins value follows suit and its not good. OP's point maybe is that we can buy cheaper alts, but if yo have already that altcoins, you become a bagholder if you did not cut loss when crash happens. It takes time for bitcoin to recover.
copper member
Activity: 269
November 28, 2018, 06:14:48 PM
Such volatility doesn't mean anything. The true value of cryptocurrency lies in a strong foundation (which requires user-friendly decentralized marketplaces where we can use cryptocurrency, and added security in the form of escrow systems) which will be made possible with the upcoming ICO's.

They're not all scams!
That is absolutely true, not all ICOs are scam but the thing is, the developer of some projects tend to abandoned their project in this bearish time thus leaving their investors in pain of losing money. Volatility is an opportunity but we should be careful not to fall into a trap just like some of those shitcoins that initially have high value but at the end it almost drop to zero.
Activity: 518
Merit: 4
November 28, 2018, 06:03:56 PM
How does your article has to back up the say i don't think this is actually true, you checking your etherscan.io is enough to show you that the lower ethereum goes the lower the rest does same apply to bitcoin once it fall ethereum does double and the altcoins also do it massively so tell me how that connection is going to be left out of this, bitcoin just have to keep increasing so the market can look good.
copper member
Activity: 294
November 28, 2018, 05:18:34 PM
Btc fall creates a double effect on alts and with more falls the alts get more threatened. Never has altcoins been favored by the fall in the price of btc. The direction has always been that btc stability causes altcoins growth while its its pump or dump often has have a certain effects on alts usually negative and few times based on market sentiements 
Activity: 1596
Merit: 335
November 28, 2018, 04:50:47 PM
https://cointelegraph.com/news/why-did-crypto-market-experience-a-27-billion-wipeout-experts-discuss-factors

Every situation has a bright side, you just have to look at the bigger picture!

According to Crypto Rand, a currency trader and technical analyst,

"We will have to wait some more months until BTC settle down its path through a potential reversal, but the alternative cryptocurrency market could take its own direction getting rid of the BTC influence. The big caps altcoin response has been amazing so far."

Further on, the article goes on to say,

"Institutional investors are focusing on products that provide investor protection and strengthen the infrastructure of the crypto market."

They're not all scams!

I think this wipl be great if altcoin price will never be dependent on bitcoin price anymore. More and more ICOs are trying to build an altcoin that can stand on it's own and to avoid market volatility which can be safe for investors.
Activity: 602
Merit: 2
November 28, 2018, 04:48:02 PM
I think it will take too much time before altos can exist on their own. Of course, I am more than confident that the era of BTC pressure on the entire cryptocurrency world will soon end. Although it is not accurate.
Activity: 798
Merit: 503
November 28, 2018, 04:42:12 PM
Rejoicing over the fall of bitcoin because the price fall have little or no impact on the price of certain altcoin to me is just hypocritical because eventually it will touch every section of the market. What we don't know is that, the hit that bitcoin is taking is for the entire crypto industry and if it fails, the whole industry might go down with it which is why its of essence to work together for its survival and after which everyone can then focus on its own preferred altcoin.
copper member
Activity: 56
https://temco.io
November 28, 2018, 04:27:25 PM
If bitcoin falls much lower, the same miners will not be profitable to mine it and they will leave the game and switch to something else.

So if they switch to other coins, wouldn't that mean that the big players in the mining market would win and make a monopoly?
copper member
Activity: 140
November 28, 2018, 04:17:08 PM
If bitcoin falls much lower, the same miners will not be profitable to mine it and they will leave the game and switch to something else.
Pages:
Jump to: