Pages:
Author

Topic: The Corona Pandemic economic guessing game - page 10. (Read 1167 times)

Activity: 2520
Merit: 624
China has a huge population and this is one factor to look at because you need also a huge resources to go about it, from taking care of the medical personnel that will treat affected patients to providing quarantine places and health materials. I think the amount of resources will be huge. Because China is largely an export country, many businesses have been shut Dow which means financial inflow has reduced. I see China being one of the biggest hit.
Activity: 1722
Merit: 528
Which country's government will be the most affected by the COVID-19 global pandemic, and be the first to go bankrupt, and default?

Obviously, it will be the third world country including China.

Every country is affected and based on the people that are being contaminated by this virus, I think it would be Italy though it is not a third world country. Other than Italy, obviously there is China that is the number one country affected by this pandemic. I also read this article you can also see other countries affected by this pandemic. Take care you guys.
Activity: 882
Merit: 258
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
Which country's government will be the most affected by the COVID-19 global pandemic, and be the first to go bankrupt, and default?
Actually it is hard to say and predict on which country will br have a big negative effect of the coronavirus or the COVID 19 virus because we all know that we care about our brother countries so that it is hard but I guess the first one who will going to bankrupt are those country that has a very low economic growth way back then the virus has not started.

Activity: 742
Merit: 160
I think those modest countries will be the one who will be bankrupt first, even though China is the most affected country compared to other country because the virus came from that country, I don't think that they will be the first one that will be bankrupt because as we all know China is strong and rich country, there are so many population in China that makes them so powerful.

But I think if the virus will stay for so long, but I hope it will not, it will really affect the country of China because there are already a lot of citizen in that country who died. there are a lot of businesses who get failed, there are so much people who became unemployed because of the virus on their land.

Activity: 812
Merit: 104
🎄 Allah is The Best Planner 🥀
At first, China was but now Italy is that the most affected i feel the Italian government are going to be the foremost suffering from the worldwide epidemic of COVID-19. The price in Italy is on the increase and there's no place for dead bodies in hospitals. China has been ready to overcome its effects to some extent but Italy is more affected than China After Italy the effect is in Spain.
Activity: 2660
Merit: 551
Italy will be the likely candidate, as it is one of the worst country that is being hit by the virus outside of China. Death toll already surpassed 2,500, and the demographics itself, country has the second-oldest population on earth. And obviously, the younger generation respect their elders in a Catholic country like Italy that's why the spread is unprecedented. And I think we can consider Italy now as ground zero, so it have slowed down their economy in the last month or so.

legendary
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1823
I believe it might be from one of the countries in the European Union which already has problems BEFORE the pandemic because if slow economic-growth.
legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1860

As always the case, the poorest countries are at the most disadvantageous position. Thickly populated countries whose population is highly dependent on daily wages or a no-work no-pay basis are going to feel the economic pain earlier and in a more severe degree. I don't want to name countries but we know which of them have such a situation. In those countries, health benefits are next to nothing. Moreover, if a lockdown is implemented, the daily wage earners, which doubtless comprise the huge majority of the population, may not be exposed to the danger of getting infected but will go hungry until god knows when.

I am coming from the Philippines and my country is certainly one in the category that I've mentioned. The primary concern of my country right now is that lockdown and community quarantines are hard to implement. The rich and the privileged don't have any problem with it; it is very easy for them to abide with the order. How about the poor? They don't scratch, there is nothing to peck. While I don't believe this pandemic will make my country bankrupt, it will definitely hurt the economy. And when the economy of a developing country is severely hit, the ordinary man will suffer the most.
legendary
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1823
Pages:
Jump to: