Pages:
Author

Topic: The END of ICO's? - page 16. (Read 8832 times)

Activity: 238
Merit: 100
dApps Development Automation Platform
September 06, 2017, 08:51:30 AM
I think ico will not end, maybe china intention to ban ico because most of the scammers,
and hopefully this will make ico better in the future and there are new rules  Smiley
Activity: 560
Merit: 217
September 06, 2017, 08:49:31 AM
You are just over reacting about chinese news. It is not the end. China just want to regulated it. The govetment want a small chunk of money it is called tax. We will see the moon after china goverment complete their regulation.
Activity: 252
September 06, 2017, 07:42:59 AM
To be honest, the only ones affected here are the scammy ones. The legit platforms are not really affected especially when they do comply with the regulations. ICO crackdowns in China were the scammiest ones, ones that are not even related to cryptocurrency in general, just pure money grab, that's the ones that are being crack down now.
Activity: 588
Merit: 541
September 06, 2017, 07:31:04 AM
They thought that they could shake down the crypto markets by spreading news about ICO being illegal and they somewhat succeeded only for a few

Hours, as we can see now every single token is back to the top and some of them are even growing despite the action taken by China. it shows that

There are real people and private investors supporting these tokens and by the looks of it they are not afraid of China or any other country, these

Governments need something other than causing panic, we have seen it all before and wont dump that easy for them to have the opportunity to buy

When we try to sell.
Activity: 2296
Merit: 225
#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE
September 06, 2017, 12:52:11 AM
There was no end to the ICO and no. This is an unjustified panic. According to incoming information, the ban in China concerns only organizations, that is, legal entities. Citizens were not allowed to invest in the ICO. There is a normal regulation of this market.
Activity: 854
Merit: 252
September 05, 2017, 11:56:54 PM

I don't think ICO's will come to an end, Because the decision still be in the hands of the community and investors who believe in the ICO. And even it suspend it will still be continue to rise and operate, this is just my opinion and perception.
Activity: 448
September 05, 2017, 10:55:21 PM
Regulate ICOs is better to make developers work hard and work on real projects. It is avoid scam ICOs. I think we have to be positive thinking. We can't avoid being scammed. Many ICOs now are not in real projects.
Activity: 308
Merit: 250
Machine Learning & AI - Trustless Ledger System
September 05, 2017, 10:48:44 PM
only china goverment banned about ico can't killer ico project, about USA with SEC is very long time not support ico project
i think ico project still can run, without china people
but crypto curency is anonymous, so all china people still can invest in ico project

I think it is still ok to ICO projects, as you can see ,the market is getting worm and some hot ICO projects such as kyber and avenus will still be hard to join in, so I will keep supporting some promising ICO projects.
Activity: 1610
Merit: 507
September 05, 2017, 10:34:33 PM

Whether ICOs will come to end simply because a single or handful of countries do not have the taste of it to their liking does not necessarily follow. As regards, regulation of ICOs, I am in favor of it. People or companies and their projects should not use ICO that easily. There must be some set of rules to make sure ICOs are all legitimate and that scams and other similar schemes cannot use it for their personal riches alone.

yes i am agree, if there is no rules to make sure the ICO is legit, then the ICO has a big opportunity to scam investor's money after the project is done and it is too risky for investor if they know that their money will gone. i hope that if the ICO is really good, they must concern with their project and their investor and will do the best for the project so their investor can take their benefits and the project can reach success for a long run.
Activity: 1778
Merit: 598
The Martian Child
September 05, 2017, 10:25:33 PM

Whether ICOs will come to end simply because a single or handful of countries do not have the taste of it to their liking does not necessarily follow. As regards, regulation of ICOs, I am in favor of it. People or companies and their projects should not use ICO that easily. There must be some set of rules to make sure ICOs are all legitimate and that scams and other similar schemes cannot use it for their personal riches alone.
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
- "Bitcore (BTX) - Airdrops every Monday"
September 05, 2017, 10:21:22 PM
No i don't think this is the end.

But it will change much , more country's will follow .
I don't think it is a bad thing if you have seen all the scam ico's over the past year just there to grab as much money as possible.

Maybe we will see more airdrop coins or simply more money to the better projects.
Activity: 4
Merit: 0
September 05, 2017, 09:45:38 PM
Well I think its not even begining Smiley it will just be more regulated so not many scams how are right now.

Its good thing it will be more regulated. Price will go up again soon Wink
Activity: 25
Merit: 0
September 05, 2017, 09:40:06 PM
So many topics about ICO's. Sooner or later the good projects will be succesful.
Activity: 476
September 05, 2017, 08:20:55 PM
This will be a long way run of discussions with the government. We all know that the government only wants us to prevent from scammers. But I really do believe and think that bitcoin will have a great future in our world. It has a great impact in the economy. I do hope that the government of the countries who banned alt coins will realized how great alt coins are.
Activity: 238
Merit: 101
September 05, 2017, 06:33:10 PM
No surprise this is happening the ICO's were getting out of hand becoming harder and harder to pick the legit projects. Sucks that it has to be done like this if only people were not greed driven scam artist this may not have been an issue.

I agree, finally this madness is over. There were too many ICOs which had no additional benefit, but kept repeating buzzwords presenting in their whitepaper and roadmap. I love the freedom of choice, but for all the other countries, hopefully, this will help to improve future ICOs.
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1003
September 05, 2017, 06:24:03 PM
This is one step closer to regulate the ICO market because many people are getting scammed because they send money to people they don't know to project that doesn't exists and nobody can do anything to them.

If china banned the ICO's then it doesn't mean that all ICOs are stopped now and won't continue, it should take longer time to block all ICOs.

ICOs will continue running outside the China and so on.
Activity: 686
September 05, 2017, 06:21:06 PM
china, singapore, Usa completely forbids its citizens to join ICO, but besides China still allow ICO outside public services like housing and fundraising, I think this is an exception because they must also think by issuing limits while making the right rules , they are aware of the potential of the ICO if it is tied to the rules of accountability fees so that the ICO's potentially scam can be minimized.
Activity: 588
Merit: 252
September 05, 2017, 05:40:31 PM
I think this will be the end of ICOs, we are likely to see many project going the way of Zcash, the way the token was distributed to those that backed the project and miners take the rest, or more project will go for Airdropping  which I believe will be more acceptable to the community
Activity: 155
September 05, 2017, 05:14:45 PM
hopefully with the existence of this case, then there will be more stringent regulations in making ico, so that all can run according to the time in the plan, or to reduce the name of a scam, because this sometimes for them to cheat using the term ico even though the tail, besides that now is also rampant ico that does not fit the schedule so that investors feel disappointed, I agree with china but there should be a solution do not just prohibit it
Activity: 966
Merit: 104
September 05, 2017, 04:40:32 PM
ICO will continue to exist. However, the most reliable ones will remain, without elements of fraud that will be carried out in the context of possible state regulation of such countries as the US and China. Therefore, you do not need to panic.
Pages:
Jump to: