Pages:
Author

Topic: The END of ICO's? - page 19. (Read 8832 times)

Activity: 336
Merit: 106
September 04, 2017, 09:31:16 AM
Maybe these regulations made are for the better and may limit the numerous ICOs that are sprouting about because these days there are so many ICOs it makes it hard for people who want to invest and some are scams. The governments made these regulations perhaps because a number of people were victims lf scams and they want avoid similar cases in the future.
Activity: 127
Merit: 100
September 04, 2017, 09:18:32 AM
China decided last weekend to ban all initial ICOs to study regulation:

Regulators in China have banned all initial public coin offerings pending a review and the possible introduction of regulations to control the booming market.

News that China was considering banning ICOs emerged last week when it was reported that China’s Securities and Futures Commission, the China Banking Regulatory Commission and other regulators had met and were considering a ban on all ICOs until concerns about risks were addressed.

https://siliconangle.com/blog/2017/09/03/china-bans-initial-coin-offerings-pending-review/
Activity: 938
Merit: 517
September 04, 2017, 09:16:06 AM
In my opinion the icos killed themselves. Everyday since 1 year you see new Icos.A lot of time they are collecting big money for simple things. I invested 2 times in Icos and burned my Fingers. Now I am only investing in Communities and coins which never were dropped by Icos.

That's a reason why I will go ALL IN   Deeponion .
Maybe this will be the future Alt had by had with Bitcoin.
Activity: 1036
Merit: 116
September 04, 2017, 09:14:26 AM
I don't think this series of events signals the end of ICOs. Regulation is inevitable. The strongest ICOs will still find a way to succeed, with or without government regulation.

I agree, It's well known that any new concept eventually gets regulated. This could be a good thing as it will raise the bar of ICO's. Also I know that China and the US are huge markets, but there is still a huge market for it in countries where it isn't regulated (just yet)
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
All that glitters is not bitcoin
September 04, 2017, 09:11:45 AM
USA and now China, the other countries will follow. So for all people doing ICO's just for scam (90%+): the party is over.
Activity: 98
September 04, 2017, 09:07:26 AM
End of ICO is like End of Bitcoin , like End of Coin A, CoinB .. but that never ends .. ICO are here to stay and they are making tides higher day by day .. just Ambrosus, a blockchain Internet of Things (IoT) platform dedicated to bringing transparency to the food and pharmaceutical supply chains, announced it has raised more than $30 million in its token presale. Following the public crowdsale in September, the project hopes to raise $100 million.
Activity: 2744
Merit: 541
Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man
September 04, 2017, 08:59:16 AM
those dummy project will be regulated now and we  will be able to choose between those quality project that will still proceed I think china's moves after
US is just a way for their people to avoid scam projects and I guess it wont stop anything inside crypto just look at it in a positive ways.
Activity: 174
September 04, 2017, 08:49:02 AM
I agree, regulation is a good thing.
Activity: 826
Merit: 250
September 04, 2017, 08:43:07 AM
If forget about the falling prices, there is a good thing, when ICO will be regulative. Most scam ICO's will gone.
legendary
Activity: 1927
Merit: 1004
September 04, 2017, 08:36:33 AM
greta news. now maybe the decent coins that have bee naround for a while will start to pick up. ico's are mostly ripoffs.
Activity: 1065
Merit: 510
September 04, 2017, 08:35:22 AM

This won't be happening. Countries can take regulations, but this will never help them regulate the ICO structure barely. This will only a fear factor for ICO conducters that's all.

They can create companies in Singapour, Cayman Islands etc. They keep it anyway.

You are right, they can control some organization but not all since that regulation is only applicable to some countries, but since majority of ico are born here the bitcointalk can regulate it and to some extend weed out scam ico's
End of ICO isnt really an appropriate word to be used.It maybe regulated but not all countries do really have the same decision regarding on this field on which its really still possible to join or invest on ICO. They might do such act but it cant really stop completely. Scam Ico's cant really be avoided and this is really a responsibility for a certain investor to look at and to be awared of.
Activity: 319
September 04, 2017, 08:29:06 AM
And here comes the update from China  Shocked Everything is red, how deep BTC/ETH will fall?
Activity: 110
To the Moon!
September 03, 2017, 06:28:37 PM
I do not think it will be the end of ICO's, tho they are in serious need of being regulated ... or at the very least scare away ones that are only in it to make a quick buck. I still think there are a lot of very good upcoming ICOs that have proven themselves to be legit.
Activity: 145
September 03, 2017, 06:07:04 PM
ICO's wont end, they might become regulated eventually but not for a while yet, at least outside the US and China
legendary
Activity: 2982
Merit: 1069
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
September 03, 2017, 06:01:32 PM

This won't be happening. Countries can take regulations, but this will never help them regulate the ICO structure barely. This will only a fear factor for ICO conducters that's all.

They can create companies in Singapour, Cayman Islands etc. They keep it anyway.

However, to do this one has to first expatriate money from China, US etc to Signapore, Cayman etc.

I too consider ICOs needed to be regulated one way or other. With the growth in the number of ICOs, we started seeing a lot of ponzis.
Ponzi is a risky investment and it's the government who has to take steps to secure it's citizens.
Activity: 1232
Merit: 143
September 03, 2017, 06:00:27 PM
The regularization of ICOS would be a great help to users, as it would be a great filter and the percentage of being a fraud would be much lower.
Activity: 319
September 03, 2017, 05:51:38 PM
There's a lot of very bad quality projects nowadays. Way too much. I think only best project must survive. Maybe these regulations will help somehow (projects will need good lawyers?).
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1011
September 03, 2017, 05:44:55 PM

No, this will not stop the ICO boom. If you check ICO raised funds statistic, you will see 800%+ increasing of volume in less than 6 moths.

Now we are seeing ICO picks and governments are just trying to get their cut.
Activity: 140
September 03, 2017, 05:31:45 PM

However, to do this one has to first expatriate money from China, US etc to Signapore, Cayman etc.
Activity: 2926
Merit: 567
September 03, 2017, 05:23:38 PM

You are right, they can control some organization but not all since that regulation is only applicable to some countries, but since majority of ico are born here the bitcointalk can regulate it and to some extend weed out scam ico's
Pages:
Jump to: