Pages:
Author

Topic: The END of ICO's? - page 17. (Read 8832 times)

Activity: 266
Merit: 100
September 05, 2017, 03:48:45 PM
only china goverment banned about ico can't killer ico project, about USA with SEC is very long time not support ico project
i think ico project still can run, without china people
but crypto curency is anonymous, so all china people still can invest in ico project
I agree with you. China only 15% of the total cryptocurrency market. This is not much impact on the industry, moreover now the ico will be fewer, and therefore more capital will go to other ico and they will be successful.
Activity: 85
Merit: 10
September 05, 2017, 02:36:46 PM
Only centralized things can end and we are talking about decentralization tech, the blockchain, designed from the ground to be unstoppable and unregulated. So some Governments want their share of those ICO's and this is also not entirely doable. Keep in mind that scams will never follow Government policy and blockchain users will always be free to judge in what to invest. If Government start to take his share of projects to create a Gov listing of their approved ICO's it will also pay less for the investor and thus reduce ROI, so basically it will stay as is for the rest of projects and those GOV listed will pay a little bit less like on IPO's. If you are an aggressive investor that love those returns of currently ICO's everything is fine. If you are basically an IPO investor than you will have your space on the crypto world and than the crypto eco system will gain again and everybody will be happy.
Activity: 24
Merit: 0
September 05, 2017, 02:13:21 PM
I think the use of tokens form waves or ether to use on icos will be the best way to crowdfund real icos , we are devepoling a social video network using etherum tokens  VTOS, the idea is to pay the content creators and the viewers to give bandwidth using p2p, in the coming months will be doing the marketing here in this forum.

tha main problem i see is to give some test of the service not only showing the white paper and the marketing. so our ico will be launch with a working version of the service

hopefully, we can get your support in this coming months.

teaser

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8F1E__jnfc

Regards.

edgardo aguirre
VTOS
Activity: 742
Merit: 329
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
September 05, 2017, 02:11:58 PM

I think this is somehow good for the old coins who was able to establish their names. There's a lot of new coins every month. Imagine there's almost thousands of altcoins and not all of them are worth keeping. If ICOs will be regulated, there would be lesser coin which makes it good for investors. Coin value will be bigger with lesser competitors.
Activity: 98
September 05, 2017, 01:58:52 PM
only china goverment banned about ico can't killer ico project, about USA with SEC is very long time not support ico project
but crypto curency is anonymous, so all china people still can invest in ico project

There will be no greater fools to sell the ICOs to, when they are not legal.

The ICO scam model depends on selling to newbies who come in and believe these 100s of Xerox copy ICOs each have a chance to become the next Bitcoin or Ethereum.

Nobody is going to speculate on illegal ICOs, because there will be no mass market for them, thus no way to hype them.

And it is not just USA and China that are banning ICOs. Same as was the case for FATCA (a USA only law), it became enforced in every country in the world, because the USA threatened to penalize every nation that did not comply.

We’ve already got Canada, Russia, China, Singapore, South Korea, and the USA warning about ICOs.

You’d have to be blind to argue this is not a critical mass.
Activity: 714
Merit: 500
September 05, 2017, 01:51:35 PM
Activity: 676
Merit: 500
September 05, 2017, 01:43:11 PM
I don't think so, this isn't so much about whales, it's about the news coming out of China. China is going to have all ICO's "investigated by local regulatory authorities," so they can control the ICO market- I read something like about it. Don't panic, keep clam.

Thank you for your nice statement, and this is really makes me more comfortable when I heard some bad news about ICO and government regulations. Although this also created panic selling, and caused chaos in the market. Hopefully this moment will be over as soon as.
There is a need to regulates the ICO's as this is being circulating over. Yes this makes certain resolution to lessen the Scam ICO as of these days. So I believe this will be resolved soon and many supporters are still in, so no panic will be exists.
China is first country have rules about ICOs in their country and they will have new rules about cryptocurrency market soon, I bilieve my predict is right. Because China is one of countries have more speculative than other countries on the world.
Activity: 98
September 05, 2017, 01:42:08 PM
ICO wont end because US and China is not the only countries, who are creating projects and ICOs.
Still others countries can do ICOs and investors from US and China can still participate in them, so there is nothing to worry about.

Disagree. All of the nations will fall into compliance, the same as they were forced to do for FATCA.

The legality of competitively proof-of-work mined coins are not at all afflicted by recent events.

So prior rulings about the legality of Bitcoin are irrelevant to the issue about ICOs.

The difference compared to prior Chinese regulatory actions, is that this appears to have been a coordinated event amongst regulators in many nations.

And the ETH ICO madness was entirely out-of-control and risking naive investors’ funds in a plethora of scams. It became a new Xerox copy ICO every day scam. The nations had no choice but to act. And surely the SEC and other nations will follow. I think Asia acted first because their governments are less democratic and more authoritarian, so they can act quicker. The democratic nations will follow because their regulators have the same responsibility to their citizens. The wheels just move slower in the democratic nations. Asia is finely oil machine that is more efficient than the West now.

The issue is not exclusive to China. China, Canada, Russia, South Korea, and Singapore have warned about coming enforcement action. The SEC already recently warned in the context of The DAO. Obviously the recent events are coordinated between regulators in all these nations including probably the SEC.

Click here for a longer explanation of why proof-of-work mined tokens are not investment securities and thus not afflicted by recent events.

The above link also discusses Ethereum’s ETH, Ethereum ICOs, and others.

It is also very important to note that pre-existing ICO-issued tokens, are illegal to trade and can be delisted from exchanges. Your home country can make it illegal for you to trade them. The above link explains this is more detail.

Please stop spreading the incorrect information, implying that ICOs will come back or that pre-existing ICOs can still be traded. Most people do not want to go to jail or suffer fines. Even if they regulate ICOs, these will only be tradeable on registered exchanges and will not be spendable as cryptocurrencies (i.e. not allowed to be traded decentralized). Thus these new regulated ICOs will not be very useful. It will not be the same.

Many shady exchanges and their largest traders are likely to suffer fines and threats of criminal prosecutions. Today is only the beginning of a massive global crackdown. The gears may move somewhat slowly but over the coming year there will be massive changes to the crypto ecosystem. All the hard-headed will have their fingertips burned up to their armpits as necessary for authorities to stop the rapid proliferation of investment securities scams.
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
BuyAnyLight - Blockchain LED Marketplace
September 05, 2017, 01:35:49 PM
ICO wont end because US and China is not the only countries, who are creating projects and ICOs.
Still others countries can do ICOs and investors from US and China can still participate in them, so there is nothing to worry about.
Activity: 882
Merit: 506
September 05, 2017, 01:33:58 PM
I don't really think banning ICOs was the problem. I think it was the lack of regulation and guidelines that cause it to go out of hand. If only governments made a way that investors will be secured then it would have not resulted to bans. The main risk here is that the ICO founders might run with the money, which has been done quite a lot of times.
Activity: 588
September 05, 2017, 01:28:41 PM

I am far from that word.
I am not sure end of ICO.
what is happening to the country of china.
it is a policy in an event. but it's interesting for us to investigate the background of china.
my confidence china will give permission to ico with load and state monitoring.
Activity: 364
“Create Your Decentralized Life”
September 05, 2017, 01:22:02 PM
I do not think it's all dead. Just need to make some fixes in ICO
Activity: 1148
Merit: 504
September 05, 2017, 01:15:58 PM
Regulations does not mean end. It just means that there will be stricter implementations of ICOs. Maybe there will be lesser ICO coming out because of this but that is also a good thing. It means only those who have real projects and intentions will be going out for ICO. Lesser scam tokens and coins out there the better.
copper member
Activity: 1848
Merit: 254
September 05, 2017, 12:59:45 PM
ico's were getting out of hand. It's better for the entire economy to have some regulations around it
Activity: 112
September 05, 2017, 12:59:24 PM
The whole premise of the blockchain revolution with bitcoin was that country states would have less say in controlling the market

Bitcoin maximalists would say this doesn't change anything

Personally, I think this will be a temporary thing, China can't stop it completely, they'd still want to phase it in

Hard to stop a technological revolution
Activity: 322
September 05, 2017, 12:57:35 PM
USA ban ICO - China ban ICO - Europe maybe will ban ICO - Korea, Japan will be ban ICO too. So what? Or they need is hire someone from other country dont ban ICO. And we have many wait to rise fund for project. Forget premine? That is same thing with ICO
Activity: 364
“Create Your Decentralized Life”
September 05, 2017, 12:53:42 PM
I think that this market should be regulated sufficiently. And then everything will be fine and there will be no slag projects
Activity: 182
September 05, 2017, 12:47:25 PM
I thing it is nkt the end of all ICO as there are many scam ICO exist... This just the right thing to do to regulate every upcoming project and ICO ... The strong ICO will survive this regulation coming and we will all see whos really scam and whos legit. This the time for ICO to see who have better project and future
Activity: 1932
Merit: 504
September 05, 2017, 12:42:43 PM
OMG!!! What's gonna happened to our earnings? This couldn't be, but if it does then that's it. It's just like a song, today it's in then tomorrow they're all gonna be out of the lists.
nothing will happen to your earning. keep promote ICO that you joined and see it's price in market. in market everything can be happen and you can sell or hold your earning by yourself
Activity: 434
Merit: 252
September 05, 2017, 12:39:37 PM
ico will look to the long term, maybe for now only china that forbids ico, but even though china is already holding ico bans but ico will keep running and popping up in this year and next year.
Pages:
Jump to: