Pages:
Author

Topic: The END of ICO's? - page 2. (Read 8832 times)

Activity: 110
Merit: 10
BenchCoin: A Digital Student Property Enterprise
October 27, 2017, 06:22:30 AM
ICO mania is over. This is actually a good thing for crypto because there will be no more money grab ICO's (raising $40m to write a 7 lines code or something). ICOs will have to set their cap up to $10m otherwise noone will want to invest.

Not sure the "mania" is over, September was the biggest month yet and we still don't know OCT numbers - we do know Bitcoin hasn't slowed.
Activity: 8
Merit: 0
October 27, 2017, 12:51:52 AM
I think the opposite, I think ICO's are just finally becoming realistic, lasting investments. Scams can't survive, and legitimate companies who can actually produce a product have more of a chance since the market will become "cleaner" in a sense. I think the page is turning, but the story isn't over.
copper member
Activity: 504
Merit: 251
October 27, 2017, 12:23:22 AM
China completed ban Bitcoin. their big exchange had been closed. So worry about bitcoin future. hope everything will be ok
I think it will not end for ICO, because bitcoin still exists,
if bitcoin is over then ICO also ends, which becomes the future conversation of ICO is possible in the regulation Smiley
Activity: 254
Merit: 250
https://www.soar.earth/
October 27, 2017, 12:15:03 AM
China completed ban Bitcoin. their big exchange had been closed. So worry about bitcoin future. hope everything will be ok
Activity: 1568
Merit: 511
October 26, 2017, 11:46:06 PM
I might sort of agree with it

As months ago ICO were selling like hotcakes where ICO would instantly hit hardcap within hours, minutes or even seconds.

Then too many ICO came out, if you ever take a look at Etherdelta. Most token were sold there before they were listed to exchange at under ICO price. Some even went -40~50% of its ICO price.

I wouldn't say ICO is not profitable, but ICO should be a long term investment instead of short term flipping.
Activity: 499
Chainjoes.com
October 26, 2017, 11:25:04 PM
In my opinion, I don't think ICOns will be died although US and China banned it. Because that's a way to the devs can raise capital in an advanced and effective manner.
Activity: 28
October 26, 2017, 10:42:23 PM
Legit ICO's like Confideal will live. Scam ICO's may die. Do anyone know what may be next in this situation?
Activity: 98
October 26, 2017, 10:41:52 PM
ICO is ICS (init coin sell) .

if someone call this ICO, because it like IPO.

but ICO is diff with IPO.
Activity: 478
October 26, 2017, 10:38:15 PM
The ICO probably wont be ended, and it will continue to be the trend.  But it is no longer as profitable for ICO investors, so ICO investors need to perform their own due diligence more carefully, and only pick those they think it is good.
Activity: 714
Merit: 100
October 26, 2017, 10:18:06 PM

Yes the end of ICO but only for those that are scams and not legit. Regulation is really needed to determine the good and the bad ICO for the protection of the people in which becomes victims of fraud like HYIP and Ponzis. I dont see anything wrong if the government will do such regulating policy because it is their responsibility to always protect the welfare of their people as guaranteed in the constitution.
Activity: 378
UNCLOAK™ - Cyber Threat Detection Powered by EOS™
October 26, 2017, 10:07:02 PM
Here is some proof ICO's are not slowing down.  $2B in 2 months with September being the biggest month to date!

http://i.imgur.com/kQwluc8.png

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-10-16/initial-coin-offerings-rake-in-another-billion-in-under-2-months

this is a nice illustration, but i think somebody also needs to research what happened to that 800 million usd invested in icos in september.
UNCLOAK™ - Cyber Threat Detection Powered by EOS™
October 26, 2017, 10:04:33 PM
i don't think regulations will hurt ico's because ico's can easily adjust.

what really hurts ico's are the investors who are not willing to waste their money.

ico projects should give the investors more than useless erc20 tokens if they really want to survive or collect money.
Activity: 240
October 26, 2017, 10:04:02 PM

Sometimes I think why it can be so .. why some countries forbid the existence of ICO when the digital era can not be dammed again to become a necessity .. what maybe they are at a disadvantage with his ICO I asked him now until now why there is no ICO banned it is not a crime that should be forbidden
October 26, 2017, 09:49:08 PM
"U.S., now China... Will all ICO's be regulated now?"
I don't think they will regulated all ICO's. they can control some organization but not  all ICOs.
Most of the ICOs are born in this thread. the bitcointalk can regulate it and also help to protect us for scam project.
Activity: 770
Merit: 101
fLibero.financial
October 26, 2017, 09:38:44 PM
ICO is not ending. If anyone sincerely believe that the end have coming I will say ICO end exist only in their imagination. ICO has become integra part of crypto currency acceptance and development. Crypto currency is borderless and it's going to be hard to place a restrictions!
Activity: 140
October 26, 2017, 09:31:52 PM
Reasonable regulations are not always bad. They help filter out scams and increases trust within the community.

However, it does slow down innovations and makes people panic and rush to get their ICOs done without proper research and prep.

Right but we know that it will decrease ICO projects that is not favorable for bounty hunters like me. Regulation will encourage more investors but again fewer ICO will appear unlike before. I'm against scammy project so I hope regulations will not make it strict that will discouraged devs that are planning to announce their ICO projects in the future.
Activity: 210
Merit: 106
October 26, 2017, 09:20:36 PM
Reasonable regulations are not always bad. They help filter out scams and increases trust within the community.

However, it does slow down innovations and makes people panic and rush to get their ICOs done without proper research and prep.
Activity: 42
October 26, 2017, 05:55:05 PM
I’m sure it’s not the end. Just thinking about investing in confideal

after all of this hype, I think about this too, just to try
Activity: 42
October 25, 2017, 11:56:48 AM
I’m sure it’s not the end. Just thinking about investing in confideal
Activity: 2044
Merit: 165
October 25, 2017, 09:29:38 AM
Personally, I don't mind if ICO's were to be banned for good. We have 800+ coins in the market both good and shit coins. So that will actually be an advantage if implemented.
Pages:
Jump to: