Pages:
Author

Topic: The END of ICO's? - page 3. (Read 8832 times)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0
October 25, 2017, 08:43:00 AM
I guess no. Maybe there will be another form of it, something modern
like Confideal bth, they have smart contracts platform
Activity: 588
Merit: 251
HELENA
October 24, 2017, 05:56:27 PM
I don't think this series of events signals the end of ICOs. Regulation is inevitable. The strongest ICOs will still find a way to succeed, with or without government regulation.

I agree, it will not be the end of Initial Coin Offerings, the strong projects with substance will always find the way. I also would like to point out that SEC is targeting Token used as a security not currency.

Correct, Initial Coin Offerings strong project will find its way to succeed even if there are some regulations may formally announced. I am hoping for the better regulations that may help to identify the scam ICO or maybe at least lessen the scam ICO.
Activity: 2856
Merit: 769
October 24, 2017, 05:28:33 PM
There would be more crackdown on ICOs in 2018, but that will not slow down the raising of funds by both genuine and scamy projects

Maybe not a crackdown, but a shift to a regulated direction. It will lead people in hiding to stay there, and will force more fiat currency enter the market.
Crackdown isnt really appropriate to use on this kind of thing. Regulation will surely happen since they are already making the steps first when it comes to ICO which it wont really be the end but yet the new start on having a regulated one. I do somehow agree on this kind of adjustment to lessen the risk of scams and fraud.
Activity: 224
Merit: 101
trade.io - Join the Trading Revolution
October 24, 2017, 05:25:36 PM
There would be more crackdown on ICOs in 2018, but that will not slow down the raising of funds by both genuine and scamy projects

Maybe not a crackdown, but a shift to a regulated direction. It will lead people in hiding to stay there, and will force more fiat currency enter the market.
Activity: 392
Merit: 257
October 24, 2017, 05:05:58 PM
Well some regulation would be good for ICOs as there are many ICOs which are scam or just fail coins both of them are just have bad impact on ICOs so some regulation nughtbe good.With regulation ICOs would have a second chance to prove themself and give some good or decent ICOs.ICOs are great for short term investment and ICOs are rising.The ICOs will not end as long as there are projects keep on coming.
legendary
Activity: 910
Merit: 1000
October 24, 2017, 04:50:45 PM
We don't need to stop ICO's, we need to embrace them. We do need some regulations though. While I believe cryptocurrencies should always remain decentralized and unregulated the ICO industry should be monitored in some way.
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
October 24, 2017, 04:49:32 PM
ICO mania is over. This is actually a good thing for crypto because there will be no more money grab ICO's (raising $40m to write a 7 lines code or something). ICOs will have to set their cap up to $10m otherwise noone will want to invest.
Activity: 308
Merit: 106
October 24, 2017, 04:41:00 PM
It is higly possible, what the next step will be?
Activity: 175
Merit: 10
October 24, 2017, 04:39:56 PM
October 24, 2017, 01:50:09 PM
And i think regulations will give second life to ICOs, so we just need to wait a little
now I plan to invest in one good project - Confideal, ofc in my opinion
Activity: 110
BenchCoin: A Digital Student Property Enterprise
October 24, 2017, 10:52:44 AM
Here is some proof ICO's are not slowing down.  $2B in 2 months with September being the biggest month to date!

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-10-16/initial-coin-offerings-rake-in-another-billion-in-under-2-months
October 21, 2017, 02:16:45 PM
I hope it isn't the end, because I want to make money on a new phone. If seriously  i'm sure we need to regulate ICO, and after it only good projects will live, my lovely confideal for example
Activity: 238
October 21, 2017, 11:19:43 AM
ICO market is currently there are many big problems, the need for new provisions to restrain the ICO market
Activity: 1
October 21, 2017, 10:35:19 AM
No end in sight IMO...
Activity: 48
October 21, 2017, 10:32:55 AM
There are some great ICO's out there and coming on line. Provided you look into them a little and read up on their white paper you can nut out which are a scam.
I doubt they are going away any time soon as its a very easy way to get behind some of the great projects out there being developed!
Activity: 238
Merit: 101
FrontEnd developer
October 21, 2017, 09:26:33 AM
This is only the beginning and the authorities are trying to understand how to regulate ICO. Because of this, now there are problems with China, America and other countries.

But a couple of years it seems to me such a thing as an IPO simply would not exist. As soon as you do the normal adjustable rules for cryptocurrency in the world and ICO, all will go up
Activity: 322
Merit: 100
First 100% Liquid Stablecoin Backed by Gold
October 21, 2017, 09:23:37 AM
now ICO is something of an innovation to be conveyed by someone or a group of people who want to participate in the life of the world and if ICO stops will certainly affect everything that exists now, for example there is no addition of coin or difficulty of trading land that became the income of many people
October 21, 2017, 09:03:39 AM
hell no!
friends, just pay attention that our ICO has been estimated to 5.0. It puts us to TOP-8 projects listed there. Don't you think is fantastic extimate?
https://icobench.com/icos?s=confideal
legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1027
Dump it!!!
October 20, 2017, 10:59:08 AM
If we want to see more ICOs... regulation is the way to go because it will be one of the few ways to sieve out any scam projects that just want to take advantage of the available financial resources, besides ICOs  are just getting started, not ending as people are now taking this technology seriously.
October 20, 2017, 09:55:30 AM
it is not the end, I am sure. Regulation is good enough if ppl know what to do and they are professionals in the area of regulation. But it's not always so.
I hope projects like confideal will exist after regulation
Yes, regulation will really give birth to a more sane ICO environment unlike what we have always had. However, we need to understand that China is not the only country where ICOs evolve, as we have some other projects too from various countries and it is left for each of the government in these places to do the needful.

Nevertheless, I feel investors themselves are too lazy to do research on any project they are investing in which has really cause this huge regulation thing.
Maybe u have a right abt laziness. But i believe that smart projects and good investor will find each other  after regulation even easier that now
Pages:
Jump to: