Pages:
Author

Topic: The Ethereum Paradox - page 17. (Read 99876 times)

legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000
April 22, 2016, 12:25:28 AM
When you notice you have Ethereum in a wallet you haven't dumped:

Activity: 420
Merit: 262
April 21, 2016, 04:21:15 AM
Another reason that smart contract block chains can't work. Synereo and Casper developer Greg Meredith admits that the fees incentivize forking the block chain.

At @38min, Greg points out that there is an insoluble problem in that the value of AMPs will be siphoned off to ETH or BTC units.
legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1049
April 18, 2016, 06:20:26 PM
I found it extremely hard to believe that floating point can't be supported. Floating point is required in a lot of financial transactions.

Fixed (decimal) point suffices in most cases, which is easily represented with integers.

Bitcoin fractions have 8 decimal places and thus we can represent arbitrary BTC amounts as integer
multiples of 10^-8 BTC (satoshis).

I was doing an excel today with the /2 structure. Look what happens at the 10th halving:

5000000000 (=50btc X 100mn satoshis)
4882812.5 (
If this is specified as an integer, won't that result to a crash instead of a rounding?

In other news, eth-related:

That sounds like the start of the end for Ethereum. When you can't even manage to keep an forum online. Let me guess big salary for the creators and now is there own wallet empty.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1441198.20

lol?
legendary
Activity: 1554
Merit: 1026
★Nitrogensports.eu★
April 18, 2016, 06:00:24 PM
Satoshi left because he knew he was in danger if he was a public persona, he had nothing to gain. It would damage Bitcoin as a project with "a CEO".

Also, the point of Bitcoin is that we don't need "Wall Street CEO's" permission to grow. If they don't want to get involved, others will, and at some point they will be forced to join or sink.

If Wall Street doesn't make the most of this new opportunity, Silicon Valley will. As Jamie Dimon said about fintech "Silicon Valley is coming". At some point, they will see the lost revenue and get involved with crypto companies.
April 18, 2016, 04:46:59 PM
More bad press for ETH:

Valid points about Turing completeness not necessarily being good:
http://www.coindesk.com/turing-complete-smart-contracts/

Some misunderstanding about blockchains, but also some valid critiques:
http://www.coindesk.com/three-smart-contract-misconceptions/

Soon we'll learn that "the emperor wears no clothes"...

Vitalik and a lot of his nerds ARE smart, and they believe in their concepts, but they don't realize that they are TOO SOON, and only marginally useful at that.

They are smart at math. But they lack understanding of what is practical and the way the software development business actually works, because they came straight from school to a "dream job" where they can play on fantasies all day.
legendary
Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036
Facts are more efficient than fud
April 17, 2016, 09:54:06 AM
is Vitalik an order of magnitude smarter than Satoshi?

no, but his balls are an order of magnitude bigger

when you are thinking about dropping a million dollars of your hard earned cash into a crypto community, knowing that the lead developer has the huevos to show himself in public and stand behind his creation instead of hiding like a coward or criminal offers the potential investor a certain level of clarity that is devilishly absent from the bitcoin community.

And why do you ask, do investors love this "clarity" concept that the bitcoin community cannot seem to grasp?

Why does Wall St demand quarterly reports from every company CEO?

Well, in the words of the worlds richest coward, "if you don't understand by now, then ur obviously too stoopid"

You will not receive a dime of Wall Street money without a company CEO.

but for those admittedly too stupid who still ask why, here's the only answer:

TRUST

You should be able to evaluate a cryptosystem on its properties alone and determine if the system delivers what it states or not without having to trust that any parties are acting in good or bad faith--this type of evaluation assumes that all parties are acting in bad faith and attempts to keep the outcome within a statistical model of acceptable and unacceptable risk. In short:

TRUSTLESS
Activity: 770
Merit: 509
April 17, 2016, 08:50:55 AM
is Vitalik an order of magnitude smarter than Satoshi?

no, but his balls are an order of magnitude bigger

when you are thinking about dropping a million dollars of your hard earned cash into a crypto community, knowing that the lead developer has the huevos to show himself in public and stand behind his creation instead of hiding like a coward or criminal offers the potential investor a certain level of clarity that is devilishly absent from the bitcoin community.

And why do you ask, do investors love this "clarity" concept that the bitcoin community cannot seem to grasp?

Why does Wall St demand quarterly reports from every company CEO?

Well, in the words of the worlds richest coward, "if you don't understand by now, then ur obviously too stoopid"

You will not receive a dime of Wall Street money without a company CEO.

but for those admittedly too stupid who still ask why, here's the only answer:

TRUST

Satoshi left because he knew he was in danger if he was a public persona, he had nothing to gain. It would damage Bitcoin as a project with "a CEO".

Also, the point of Bitcoin is that we don't need "Wall Street CEO's" permission to grow. If they don't want to get involved, others will, and at some point they will be forced to join or sink.
April 17, 2016, 04:12:33 AM
I suspect the underlying reason for shutting down their own forums, may have something to do with wanting to escape from allegations of being in control of the due diligence process for investors. I suspect they are starting to feel the dark clouds of the insoluble reality of the Ethereum Paradox thread and potential price manipulation allegations bearing down on them, and they may be starting to prepare for the potential lawsuits and possibly even regulatory actions if the entire project ends up a bust.
April 16, 2016, 07:52:36 AM
April 15, 2016, 10:53:58 AM
Is that the reason that the Ethereum price rises recently?

No sorry I caused that:

On the non-logarithm scaled chart, Ethereum broke down through the February pump support, and the next support is from the January support line which currently extends to about 0.0164 BTC ≈ $7:

https://dc-charts.com/chart_eth.php?ex=16&cu=0&tz=6&ar=1

On the logarithm scaled chart, Ethereum broken down through all support lines and there is no support.

If it breaks below roughly $8.50, then next uptrend support line is at roughly $7. The next support would be at roughly $6. If below that, there is no support and it would collapse.

Slow rate of collapse might be short covering.
Activity: 332
Merit: 250
April 15, 2016, 10:32:11 AM

That could be good news for the price of Ethereum. Is that the reason that the Ethereum price rises recently?
legendary
Activity: 990
Merit: 1108
April 15, 2016, 09:29:29 AM
Main dev is russian like vitalik buterin https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMC6u4jMTsc

Thanks for posting the YouTube link man, much appreciated! There seems to be a lot of FUD going around so everything that helps clarify is great!

Sasha Ivanov claims that Ethereum's scaling problem will be solved, yet we have explained in the Ethereum Paradox thread that it can't be solved and remain decentralized.

Either he failed to omit the detail that the only solution is centralization, he is disingenuous, or he isn't that well tuned in to the technology. Which is it? Is he a programmer? A great programmer? What is his history as a programmer? What is his age?
April 14, 2016, 03:27:43 AM
[...]

Sorry to Charles, but I have explained in technical detail in the Ethereum Paradox thread why I think Ethereum is a grandiose technobabble deception/clusterfuck. The Casper consensus algorithm insolubly flawed conceptual crap isn't validated. Vitalik entirely ignores my technical criticism, even I had put it in front of his face a few times already. What peer review. I am not too thrilled about them throwing $18 million down a rat hole then coming back for more by pumping some technobabble that can't work decentralized without destroying Nash equilibrium.
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
April 12, 2016, 06:06:15 PM
Charles Hoskinson disclaims the decision of Ethereum to sell vaporware tokens and also to not blacklist USA investors! Wow!

Can you summarize or provide a timestamp link.

It is within the first minute or so. He gets straight to it once he begins speaking.

Okay, thanks. It wasn't clear you were specifically linking the beginning. I'll watch it.
April 12, 2016, 05:51:48 PM
Charles Hoskinson disclaims the decision of Ethereum to sell vaporware tokens and also to not blacklist USA investors! Wow!

It is within the first minute or so. He gets straight to it once he begins speaking.
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
April 12, 2016, 05:32:27 PM

April 12, 2016, 01:43:59 PM

Also Charles talks about his role in Bitshares and his opinion of DPOS.
hv_
legendary
Activity: 2520
Merit: 1055
Clean Code and Scale
April 11, 2016, 07:27:55 AM
Coin Supply

ETH  = 78.9 Mio

BTC = 15.5 Mio
LTC = 45.3 Mio
DASH = 6.4Mio
XMR = 11.6Mio

sum = 78.8 Mio

Paradox: ETH has equal number of coins than the bigggest other cryptos in sum -  now go and sum up the use(ers) ...

... or do some proper bagholder distribution analysis (I can't, but I can imagine..)
copper member
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464
Clueless!
April 11, 2016, 05:26:07 AM
ether is becoming dash type of cult of bagholders believing and denying real world and new coins taking over

hey don't bust my bubble...I am trying to get my ONE Sapphire 7950 HD GPU up with all the parts I have in boxes around here and mine
some of this. Of course as soon as I started to assemble the parts .the GPU gods of etherum have 'shat' upon me for thinking such.

its all me boys I jinxed it

but at 8.60 now it has dropped quite a frigging bit..

https://www.coingecko.com/en/price_charts/ethereum/usd

then again not a bag holder....but still your post kinda trampled on my 'unicorn' hunt don't ya know Smiley

Coin Supply

ETH  = 78.9 Mio

BTC = 15.5 Mio
LTC = 45.3 Mio
DASH = 6.4Mio
XMR = 11.6Mio

sum = 78.8 Mio

Paradox: ETH has equal number of coins than the bigggest other cryptos in sum -  now go and sum up the use(ers) ...

Very good point. (As I sit on the sidelines watching the drama unfold.....got no real stake in Ethereum.......so in the Peanut Gallery watching)

Pages:
Jump to: