Pages:
Author

Topic: The function of religion ? - page 21. (Read 18646 times)

legendary
Activity: 1134
Merit: 1002
You cannot kill love
October 09, 2012, 01:41:26 PM
Ok then.  Who created the aliens that created us?  Did the universe not create them?
legendary
You cannot kill love
October 09, 2012, 01:31:33 PM
How do you know this if you did not experience it yourself?
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035
October 09, 2012, 01:30:26 PM
We were created by the universe ...

No, we are not. We are created by cross-breeding aliens with human-like creatures, work done long ago by that same aliens.
Human specie is not native to planet Earth. Both physicaly and mentaly, we humans are the weakest specie on this planet and
as such, if it's up to nature and nature alone, we would be eliminated long ago. It's because we humans do more harm than good.

Yep, that's true. We even know the sames of some of those aliens. They were called Apollo, Baltar, Helo, Saul, Starbuck, Roslin and Adama.
legendary
You cannot kill love
October 09, 2012, 01:28:30 PM
That's fine and dandy, but we were still created by the universe.  The big bang created the galaxies which formed solar systems, planets, microbial life, etc, you get the picture.

The particles that make up our body are all made of and created of the universe, the big bang.

Us humans are very intelligent (for earth creatures), we just lost balance in our society and allowed our egos to conquer, leading to the destructive path we're on.  As humans, naturally, learn from our mistakes, we will correct this by becoming a loving society.
legendary
You cannot kill love
October 09, 2012, 01:07:01 PM
But what about what I said was false?  If there is a god, and we are god, surely we must be able to understand ourselves, right?

Anybody can understand god, it's up to the person to look deep into their consciousness to find that understanding.  You must find your own path.
Activity: 88
Merit: 10
October 09, 2012, 12:51:58 PM
No, thats YOUR interpretation of 'god'. Just like the religious nutters have their own too.

Let me guess, you understand god dank?

Your a joker.
legendary
You cannot kill love
October 09, 2012, 12:12:51 PM
Yes, the universe, as we perceive, it in our reality.  We were created by the universe, to learn about ourselves (the universe) through science and spirituality.

Understanding god is not impossible, unless you're thinking with the left side of your brain.  God is everything, god is the universe, you are god, I am god, god is consciousness.

If you don't understand part of this, ask questions to gain a higher understanding.
Activity: 88
Merit: 10
October 09, 2012, 11:56:16 AM
Science is only good for the study of our realty.  Understanding the universe, god, takes philosophy or spirituality.

Where's your evidence that it was done with intelligent guidance and intent?
We are evidence of intelligent guidance, for our consciousness has created us to be humans, after long periods of evolving, from lower conscious-awareness states to higher.

FIrst of all, science is used to understand the universe, so that statement is nonsense.

Secondly, understanding 'god' is impossible, what is 'god'? you dont know, I dont know, the other people in this thread dont know, you can speculate, but you dont know. So to say to understand god takes philosophy or spirituality is again, nonsense. Much like your business ventures I might add.

People like you give weed a bad name and it angers me, fuck you Dank.
legendary
You cannot kill love
October 09, 2012, 12:56:52 AM
Science is only good for the study of our realty.  Understanding the universe, god, takes philosophy or spirituality.

We are evidence of intelligent guidance, for our consciousness has created us to be humans, after long periods of evolving, from lower conscious-awareness states to higher.
legendary
October 08, 2012, 11:10:53 PM

Evidence supporting the process where unique working living biological systems evolve into existence from basic earth elements without intelligent guidance and intent.

And if it IS intelligent design, then why should science continue to investigate this? What evidence should science look for to convince you that it's not intelligent design? If there is nothing that science can come up with to convince you' then you *are* anti science.
Activity: 728
Merit: 500
October 08, 2012, 07:55:28 PM
Well you aren't likely to find it since already extant lifeforms are taking up all the niches, and the process takes a very long time. So the best that can be done is to observe processes in nature and speculate on how they may have interacted to lead to life. I mean do you understand that you are expecting people to have hard evidence regarding what happened billions of years ago?
legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1006
October 08, 2012, 07:36:31 PM
So, seriously, do you want people to stop questioning and just accept that god is the answer to these questions? To stock experimenting, and finding more and more tiny answers to explain the whole part?

That's a logic fail. If God exists, he gave you the observational abilities and made the physics of EVERYTHING convenient for scientific study.

You suggest I am against science. That's more fail. I never suggest that. I am urging you and others to COME UP with scientific evidences for what believe is scientific, and you can't do it. Then you call me an enemy of science. Lolol.  Cheesy

Ok, sorry... it was just the "Nice story BRO" followed by your own nice story. What exactly do you want evidence for/against?

Evidence supporting the process where unique working living biological systems evolve into existence from basic earth elements without intelligent guidance and intent.
October 08, 2012, 07:20:29 PM
So, seriously, do you want people to stop questioning and just accept that god is the answer to these questions? To stock experimenting, and finding more and more tiny answers to explain the whole part?

That's a logic fail. If God exists, he gave you the observational abilities and made the physics of EVERYTHING convenient for scientific study.

You suggest I am against science. That's more fail. I never suggest that. I am urging you and others to COME UP with scientific evidences for what believe is scientific, and you can't do it. Then you call me an enemy of science. Lolol.  Cheesy

Ok, sorry... it was just the "Nice story BRO" followed by your own nice story. What exactly do you want evidence for/against?
legendary
October 08, 2012, 07:12:33 PM

You suggest I am against science. That's more fail. I never suggest that. I am urging you and others to COME UP with scientific evidences for what believe is scientific, and you can't do it. Then you call me an enemy of science. Lolol.  Cheesy
legendary
October 08, 2012, 07:09:52 PM
I have to ask, what is the purpose of using the explanation "God did it?" Why would you claim that and try to convince us of that?

The ONLY outcome of convincing everyone of the idea that god is responsible for the things you claim he is, is that we will all become content with that explanation, and thinking we now know the answers, will stop searching for them. That, in fact, was the cause of the Dark Ages: everyone *knew* that god was the cause of the things we didn't understand, no one bothered to try to investigate the answers themselves, and anyone who did try was killed as a heretic.

October 08, 2012, 06:14:08 PM
COOL STORY BRO,

but I didn't ask you to imagine what took place as the eye developed. I asked for references. To science.

You don't list any because, as I said earlier, science relies on observation therefore you'll have a tough time finding data on that.

Also, your "explanation" completely ignored the processing of optical sensations in the brain, and how the two systems managed to find each other. But of course, you can just make something up and pass that off as science.

Furthermore I never said that any existing system is magic, I said evolution requires magic in order to work because it can't rely on any intelligent thought process that is required in order to produce working systems of ANY nature (biological or mechanical).

We can see your logic and reasoning skills shine through. If there is a complicated thing and it wasn't planned out beforehand, the only alternative is magic. And this is proven by your brain thinking about it.

Meanwhile science has apparently failed to give you a satisfactory explanation for exactly what happened hundreds of millions of years ago and it pisses you off.

legendary
You cannot kill love
October 08, 2012, 05:42:13 PM
How do those things signify another being generated us?  The gods they referred to then may have been extra-terrestrial beings, but that doesn't necessarily mean that they created humans.

Unless you're referring to intelligent being as consciousness, god.  We did/do create our self from a single point of consciousness.  We evolved to be, but we were created by god.
legendary
October 08, 2012, 05:39:17 PM

The current religion - god, bible - is a mix of all the good bits from the egyptian gods.

There is a pyramid at the bottom, which contains energy - relating to what was found, 2 thousand years ago near giants ( yes giant humans there is skeletons all over the world ) that are linked to, both the egypt pyra and the bermuda pyra.

The pure function of religion - Lead, Follow & Enslave.

Yes its interesting history, and yes they had make-believe gods, but that hardly proves that God doesn't exist. The pyramids are not that old (about 4000 years  according to this reference), and if as you say, the jews stole ideas from the Egyptians to make the Septuagint (first books of the bible) then show some evidence besides overlapping stories.

The bible's historical authenticity is very well researched in many fields of study by professionals. You won't do well trying to build a case against it.
Activity: 322
Merit: 250
October 08, 2012, 05:26:04 PM
If any of you have some money; travel and see the worlds wonders yourself in person....

Pyramids - Egypt. The first " gods " were identified here - See the how many thousand year old pictures on the walls inside the pyramids (You will need to pay to be VIP to see the controversial pictures created thousands of years ago ) - featuring unknown beings coming down and " seeding " the earth in multiple locations.

The current religion - god, bible - is a mix of all the good bits from the egyptian gods.

There is more evidence around the world, in plain proof in front of you - That the egyptians have been linked into all other " significant " places of other being(s) interest. e.g the bermuda triangle - There is a pyramid at the bottom, which contains energy - relating to what was found, 2 thousand years ago near giants ( yes giant humans there is skeletons all over the world ) that are linked to, both the egypt pyra and the bermuda pyra.

There is also strong evidence in science - relating the " seeding " process from an unknown being travelling around the planet - The oil mafia would never want the people of the world to find out there is other beings out there, and have generated us - It would create a society downfall.

The pure function of religion - Lead, Follow & Enslave.

legendary
October 08, 2012, 05:15:23 PM
Science has under no circumstances ever ruled out the possibility of a supernatural creator God. Science cannot tell us anything about the supernatural because science is a method for investigating ONLY the natural (ie physical matter).

Absolutely true. Which makes the supernatural irrelevant. If god, and the supernatural, has no means of being tested scientifically, because it can not affect the natural or the physical in any way, they why even take it into consideration? It would be no more rational for someone to believe in a supernatural god than it would be for the to believe in anything else that's supernatural (e.g. Chtulu, Thor, Santa Claus, etc)

Irrelevant to science? While science does work with logic arguments,  it cannot be used to test for truth (as a principal) Does that make truth (the principal) irrelevant? No. Therefore the rest of your argument is illogical. If the supernatural is the creator of all things (which God says he is) calling the supernatural irrelevant it is like the pot calling the potter irrelevant.

Evolution is a theory and has never been replicated in a laboratory.
You are VERY wrong there. Evolution is constantly created in laboratories.

I agree. Macro evolution exists only in creative minds.

If scientists created "80-90% of the chemicals and structures needed to form early life", that only furthers the hypothesis that it requires intelligent engineering to bring about.

Actually, just about 40 years scientists were only able to create about 20-30% of the chemical structures, so the only thing this furthers is that your god has only 10% of "hypothesis" to hold on to. In another 10 years he'll only have 5%, and in another 10 after that, he'll have no room left.

You missed the point. Or maybe you're trolling. The numbers aren't the point. Add to that, scientists never create anything entirely new. They re-use pre-existing elements. Using expensive laboratory equipment, and most importantly, their MINDS.
Pages:
Jump to: