Pages:
Author

Topic: The impact of bad crypto (DASH, SDC, etc). How much does math matter? - page 2. (Read 7295 times)

legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

Was there some relevance there to bad crypto, because I didn't see it?

Oh I get it. The same personal vendetta that has john-conner following me around like a stalker and posting off-topic personal attacks has you doing the same thing.

Activity: 420
Merit: 262

I was looking for a meme, but I couldn't find one appropriate for that level of stupid, so here, have this one instead.

It's not as stupid as trying to sell people "invisible money".

Who would ever buy magical internet money that exists as a bunch of ones and zeros in a computer?

I am going to miss this place if it ever shuts down.

Sincerely,
White & Nerdy

[...]

Any way, I'd like to not see altcoins dominated only by get quick rich and not some serious attempts to fix Bitcoin's flaws and create a large adoption market. But the more I think about this, the more I realize if that ever happens it will be largely outside of this forum. This forum is a gambler's paradise. I need to remind myself that I we here are in an enclave.
The thing with gold is that it's one of the best money laundering assets.

You can buy an acre in a gold mining area and then "make-appear" 100kg of gold that you ..."mined" from your ground.

And voila. Now you have 100kg x 40k $ = 4mn USD... all "mined" out of "the ground". Or so you say.

So if you have black money => you buy gold => you pretend that you mined it => you legalized your black money.

Gold is one of the very few cases that you can make money appear out of nowhere, in terms of accounting. That's a very useful - even irreplaceable quality. Most other types of assets or currencies have a trail.

The scale is totally different. CC can be mined by an individual who doesn't have to document how they paid their electrical bill. A producing gold mine is not cheap, and then it is also probably possible to forensically detect if the worthwhile scale of mined gold had been physically extracted. And the scale makes it perhaps worth investigating/prosecuting.
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

I was looking for a meme, but I couldn't find one appropriate for that level of stupid, so here, have this one instead.

Who would ever buy magical internet money that exists as a bunch of ones and zeros in a computer?

I'll leave the meme's to others Wink

hahaha! Good one.   Cheesy Kiss

(What is Dash selling  Huh)
legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1049
The thing with gold is that it's one of the best money laundering assets.

You can buy an acre in a gold mining area and then "make-appear" 100kg of gold that you ..."mined" from your ground.

And voila. Now you have 100kg x 40k $ = 4mn USD... all "mined" out of "the ground". Or so you say.

So if you have black money => you buy gold => you pretend that you mined it => you legalized your black money.

Gold is one of the very few cases that you can make money appear out of nowhere, in terms of accounting. That's a very useful - even irreplaceable quality. Most other types of assets or currencies have a trail.
legendary
Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

I was looking for a meme, but I couldn't find one appropriate for that level of stupid

I'll leave the meme's to others Wink
Actually, the public blockchain is a very good analogy for gold.

Got to give credit where credit is due, TikTok ain't no lone 'backsplaining cowboy because he like any good speculator destined for bankruptcy possesses the skill to double-down after stop-losses have been catapulted into the blogosphere.

Let's dance!

Quote from: TikTok
Don't stop, make it pop
DJ, blow my speakers up
Tonight, Imma fight
'Til we see the sunlight
TiK ToK, on the clock
But the party don't stop no
Whoa-oh oh oh
Whoa-oh oh oh
legendary
Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

Actually, the public blockchain is a very good analogy for gold. Both derive their value from a public consensus endorsement through repeated shared experience.

In gold's case, it has a public "address" in the periodic table and the physical manifestation of that address is exposed to repeated validation by the whole of society over centuries.

An obscured blockchain can never achieve that level of network effect because......obscured LoL !  Tongue

One holder sees one address. Another holder sees another address and non-holders see nothing at all. No shared experience. No shared consensus. No shared value.

It works for backed money (e.g. fiat transport & CT sidechains). But as unbacked money is about as effective as a chocolate teapot.

legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper
Now that you quoted the entire post, does it change the fact that he says BITCOIN IS A BROKEN DESIGN?

FTFY

Now apologize for misreading and misquoting what was pretty obvious for anyone with high school reading skills.

Yeah because if he considers bitcoin as "broken" due to its scaling which is 10 times better than monero, then monero ...isn't broken Cheesy

Dat logic.

And he also asserted time and time again (even two posts above) that the anonymity is broken against the state due to metadata correlation.

Against the NSA yes I stand by the assertion that IP address correlation unmasks, overlapping rings unmask, etc. It all adds up if you are trying to hide from governments, then I don't trust Monero or any anonymous coin.

#badycrypto XMR  Cry Cry Cry

Sigh, he also said dash is the worst of the three, so if you're going to use him as an authority figure, you have to accept that analysis. The enemy of my enemy is my friend until they become friends with my enemy because they just don't like you very much.

Smooth has pointed out that metadata isn't the problem that Monero was designed to solve and it's still up for I2p and TOR and other anonymous networks to prevent metadata collection. Dash doesn't even solve the problem that Monero solves and dash even finds ways to create new problems, like having an instamine and node incentives aggregate power into the form of an oligarchy.

You folks may be wasting your time arguing and going back and forth with people who are all about diversions.

Once they attempt to make a point and have it debunked by their either conscious or ignorant nature they instantly change the subject and point in another direction while not admitting to their obvious faults and flaws in logic and in reality.
legendary
Ladies & Gentlemen, I present to you the Toknormal Memorial DashHole Ignorance Hall of Fame.   Cheesy

Gold is a public blockchain

Cryptography has never been a significant part of cryptocurrency - even though it may share the first few letters.

ROFL!

Yup and silver is also public as well. Would love to see ALL balances of silver holdings of every person on planet earth and alien's in other solar systems as well.

Thanks ahead of time Tok! Cheesy
legendary
Unlike people wasting their time on forums mudslinging, Evan uses his time to code the next features of DASH.

You mean like yourself? lol  Cheesy

You Dash supporters should get a career in standup comedy as I'm rolling everytime you folks post something on this forum.
legendary
Animosity is not good. We're just having fun here with our altcoins (or "shitcoins" for others - depending one's view I guess) Cheesy

Just 5 minutes of anger can cause one's immune system to underperform for up to 7-10 hours or so.

On the other hand, 5 minutes of loving feelings (gratitude, appreciation) can have the same positive effect to the immune system, extending for several hours.

The "battle mode" that one might engage in while foruming and debating in troll threads, is not really conductive to one's health. It must be viewed as a fun exercise.

Three beers to that :lifting mugs:

legendary
Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036
Facts are more efficient than fud
Animosity is not good. We're just having fun here with our altcoins (or "shitcoins" for others - depending one's view I guess) Cheesy

Just 5 minutes of anger can cause one's immune system to underperform for up to 7-10 hours or so.

On the other hand, 5 minutes of loving feelings (gratitude, appreciation) can have the same positive effect to the immune system, extending for several hours.

The "battle mode" that one might engage in while foruming and debating in troll threads, is not really conductive to one's health. It must be viewed as a fun exercise.

My father was a genius (he was a code breaker during WWII and into the Korean War) and my mother was a schizophrenic, and while my father's logic skill set and knowledge base were vastly superior to my Mother's, she regularly won arguments by using emotional triggers to get him out of his game--that education has served me well for BCT (don't let the them anger or frustrate you with the same invalidated points over and over again or attempt to steal the narrative, but find creative and efficient ways to bolster the important points, and when they just hand you one, well....).

Three beers to that :lifting mugs:
legendary

Well you are both right, lol.

Let AlexGR have his small point victory. Perhaps Monero could put an * footnote on their slogan.

The larger more salient point is generalizethis'.

I wonder if Alex was a king in a previous life--maybe King of Epirus?  Tongue

Or Liberland's 7 km² delta.

I am just joking because any animosity/tension I had felt with AlexGR seems to have grown wings and flown away.
legendary
Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036
Facts are more efficient than fud

Let AlexGR have his small point victory. Perhaps Monero could put an * footnote on their slogan.

I wonder if Alex was a king in a previous life--maybe King of Epirus?  Tongue

Pages:
Jump to: