Pages:
Author

Topic: The reason that keeps me from investing in bitcoin - page 11. (Read 15401 times)

Activity: 1652
Merit: 299
Anyone planning to invest in bitcoin needs to think twice else the person might end up regretting forever. Bitcoin is witnessing a period of unpredictable growth in which the market is going too fast to be analysed so I advice you thread carefully.
Activity: 840
Merit: 502
I did not invest bitcoin because I was new and still learning bitcoin so I could invest. This is because bitcoin or crypto currency is the future in terms of investment. You can also invest in a few other currencies that are at the ICO level.

I didnt too. Because i dont have enough money so support my needs and to buy some coins. So in orded for me to have coins i need to workhard and harder to earn bitcoin and also a coin. It is good to have so many coins that i have been keeping. Because it makes me have a money on it.
I know it is hard to get bitcoin especially with the current prices but we need to make an effort now to get as much bitcoin as we can, if we do not, then we are going to regret it for the rest of our life since we are never going to get another opportunity like bitcoin in our lifetimes.
Activity: 630
Merit: 251
Hello everybody.

I would like to invest some money in bitcoin, I don't use that money and I don't need it for the next 2/3 years.
I thought I found in bitcoin the perfect way to invest. BUT when I see the fees applied I don't see how the bitcoin will become mainstream! The fees are around 1mBTC which is approximatively 3$. Therefore what is the point of bitcoin?

The only thing I see : big amount transaction

But bitcoin won't be the money you use to buy your sandwich with those fees!

I saw a post saying: yeah burger king is willing to accept bitcoin in russia. Hopefully mcdonald will follow ! But why would someone pay 3$ fee therefore a third of his burger king menu in fee?

Will segwit may lower the fees?

Thank you Smiley

If burger king in your country is willing to accept bitcoin as payment, that's great news for sure, I guess all fastfood chain in the entire world will accept bitcoin as payment of their customers.
But Bitcoin not famous and need more time for confirmation, the fees spend for create transaction is big problem too if use it for purchase buy food.
yes you are right the transaction fee is high, and if we continually make transaction then our profit become less and this will make us less satisfy. But you are wrong, bitcoin is famous and you know what bitcoin is going to rule over global internet in future, and the transaction fee problem is suddenly solve when the legal authorities take action on this fees.
Activity: 644
Merit: 500
Hello everybody.

I would like to invest some money in bitcoin, I don't use that money and I don't need it for the next 2/3 years.
I thought I found in bitcoin the perfect way to invest. BUT when I see the fees applied I don't see how the bitcoin will become mainstream! The fees are around 1mBTC which is approximatively 3$. Therefore what is the point of bitcoin?

I saw a post saying: yeah burger king is willing to accept bitcoin in russia. Hopefully mcdonald will follow ! But why would someone pay 3$ fee therefore a third of his burger king menu in fee?

Thank you Smiley

If burger king in your country is willing to accept bitcoin as payment, that's great news for sure, I guess all fastfood chain in the entire world will accept bitcoin as payment of their customers.
But Bitcoin not famous and need more time for confirmation, the fees spend for create transaction is big problem too if use it for purchase buy food.
Activity: 2534
Merit: 586
It's fear. Fear has a massive grip on people. Your body has fear to protect itself but your mind over exaggerates then risk very often.
A negative mindset for example can be very destructive.

Fear keeps people from being successful and only those of us who push through our fears have any hope on success in what we do.

Ya my advice is don't get panic. In bitcoin you will earn a lot in couple of days. To inverse in bitcoin you must have Guts.Only the people having a Guts like me will inverse in bitcoin. No one who had a fear don't get into bitcoin. Bitcoin is only for the Brave people. This is not a place for Fearing and shivering people. If you have a Guts means inverse in bitcoin.

When we panic we will know later what were losing. If btc dumps soon it will pump. That's a cycle we just need to wait when it will happen and grab the chance once it's there.
I understand your mean, if have flash crash on market, not only Bitcoin, Altcoin price will recovery soon but how to know when time is lowest price very difficult. Need improve control our emotion and skills trading can solve any situation on market.
If your dreams do not scare you then they are not big. Investing in BTC can be risky only for those who do not adopt technology quickly. However, investing in BTC at the present moment is a little costly but still very beneficial. Do not be afraid of BTC and be patient whatever the challenges you might face in this journey.
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
Take a look at the bitcoin development history chart
It grows madly and miraculously
How can we ignore it
Your money deposited in the bank will only have inflation
But with bitcoin it is deflation
The bitcoin value is increasing and we do not know when it will increase
Activity: 1092
Hello everybody.

Thank you Smiley

legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004
I don't see any way to lower the fees all we can do is adjust in that price because if we even solve it temporarily then also it is gonna give the problem again later and that time it will be much bigger so better do it now. I think if somehow we can do like dividing out fees into many small parts or time. Or we should use altcoins instead of Bitcoin they are extremely fast and extremely low money wastage. but the only problem is the price.
Activity: 12
Merit: 0

I think that the mining industry in bitcoin will soon be monopolised by China and other places where  electricity is super cheap. The vision of bitcoin was meant to be what you stated, for sure, but bitcoin has been transformed into something else.

This is where I believe that there is a window of time of 2-3 years (but probably less than 2 years) where BTC must establish itself as a mainstream currency of the masses that can be traded on FOREX and justify the loftiest of predictions on its future price.  If this doesn't happen in this timeframe, another altcoin (probably government backed...maybe initially backed by gold?) will emerge that will be accepted by the mainstream and FOREX markets.  That's actually another point of debate that people miss...just because BTC was around for years already doesn't necessarily mean that it will last for the same amount of time in the future going forward.  Of the 1000 or altcoins out there I predict that the majority will disappear much like companies in the dot-bomb era.  As of now it will be a race forward to see which currencies do the right things at the right times that makes them survive and go to the next level.  As much as people want to believe the contrary, BTC is not Coca-Cola when it comes to brand recognition.  Relatively speaking they are not even in the same Universe.

From where I'm sitting, this is where the idea of Tulip-mania creeps in.  In the case of cryptos, things happen so fast and due to their completely virtual valuation, things could be uglier than when Tulip bulbs went from a value worth an estate...to whatever tulip bulbs have sold for over time.  This idea of "buy and hold for years" echoed on this forum like gospel shows how little so many understand about investing and valuation of their investment.  And I'd bet that most of these people claim to be experts in BTC and other altcoins.  Those are the first people who will panic in a very bad way.

Yes, that is a very nice breakdown of what I said and I do agree with you. Tulip-mania (For people who don't know, he is referring to the first major financial bubble) seems to be present with Bitcoin and will only keep on being present unless Bitcoin establishes itself as a mainstream currency, useable in real life and digital situations. There are already project, for example cryptopay, which makes this a reality, but to we need to make Bitcoin itself, with no other outliers, useable in real life situations. Right now it is just too hard.

Even if the price of BTC crashes back down to $500-600 (regardless of it remaining the most valuable crypto per coin) I think that this will put a chilling effect on its specific place in the market where it trades in that range for a long period of time, just like the first time it was above $1000.  The fanatics will insist that it will come back...but I think the party will be over should this come to pass.  I believe that the smart money will cash out should it fall below what I said in my first post above and look for alternatives.  I believe that everyone here is correct on most of what they are saying...just that I think that the tortoise that wins this race will be not be the hare on which most are placing their bets.
A crash like that is not going to happen, that is the equivalent to the crash of 2013 and there is not an exchange that is as big to cause such a big damage to bitcoin, the only thing that could have the chance to make the price go that low is if bitcoin was banned all over the world but that is not going to happen.

Yes, totally agree.. well said DK !!
Activity: 840
Merit: 502

I think that the mining industry in bitcoin will soon be monopolised by China and other places where  electricity is super cheap. The vision of bitcoin was meant to be what you stated, for sure, but bitcoin has been transformed into something else.

This is where I believe that there is a window of time of 2-3 years (but probably less than 2 years) where BTC must establish itself as a mainstream currency of the masses that can be traded on FOREX and justify the loftiest of predictions on its future price.  If this doesn't happen in this timeframe, another altcoin (probably government backed...maybe initially backed by gold?) will emerge that will be accepted by the mainstream and FOREX markets.  That's actually another point of debate that people miss...just because BTC was around for years already doesn't necessarily mean that it will last for the same amount of time in the future going forward.  Of the 1000 or altcoins out there I predict that the majority will disappear much like companies in the dot-bomb era.  As of now it will be a race forward to see which currencies do the right things at the right times that makes them survive and go to the next level.  As much as people want to believe the contrary, BTC is not Coca-Cola when it comes to brand recognition.  Relatively speaking they are not even in the same Universe.

From where I'm sitting, this is where the idea of Tulip-mania creeps in.  In the case of cryptos, things happen so fast and due to their completely virtual valuation, things could be uglier than when Tulip bulbs went from a value worth an estate...to whatever tulip bulbs have sold for over time.  This idea of "buy and hold for years" echoed on this forum like gospel shows how little so many understand about investing and valuation of their investment.  And I'd bet that most of these people claim to be experts in BTC and other altcoins.  Those are the first people who will panic in a very bad way.

Yes, that is a very nice breakdown of what I said and I do agree with you. Tulip-mania (For people who don't know, he is referring to the first major financial bubble) seems to be present with Bitcoin and will only keep on being present unless Bitcoin establishes itself as a mainstream currency, useable in real life and digital situations. There are already project, for example cryptopay, which makes this a reality, but to we need to make Bitcoin itself, with no other outliers, useable in real life situations. Right now it is just too hard.

Even if the price of BTC crashes back down to $500-600 (regardless of it remaining the most valuable crypto per coin) I think that this will put a chilling effect on its specific place in the market where it trades in that range for a long period of time, just like the first time it was above $1000.  The fanatics will insist that it will come back...but I think the party will be over should this come to pass.  I believe that the smart money will cash out should it fall below what I said in my first post above and look for alternatives.  I believe that everyone here is correct on most of what they are saying...just that I think that the tortoise that wins this race will be not be the hare on which most are placing their bets.
A crash like that is not going to happen, that is the equivalent to the crash of 2013 and there is not an exchange that is as big to cause such a big damage to bitcoin, the only thing that could have the chance to make the price go that low is if bitcoin was banned all over the world but that is not going to happen.
Activity: 434
Merit: 255
Live cams shows pimped with cryptocurrency
I did not invest bitcoin because I was new and still learning bitcoin so I could invest. This is because bitcoin or crypto currency is the future in terms of investment. You can also invest in a few other currencies that are at the ICO level.

I didnt too. Because i dont have enough money so support my needs and to buy some coins. So in orded for me to have coins i need to workhard and harder to earn bitcoin and also a coin. It is good to have so many coins that i have been keeping. Because it makes me have a money on it.
A lot of people came to bitcoin because you can't earn enough money at my regular job. But I want to ask you how you lived before? If you try it, everyone can't spend your coins and it will be an investment in the future. But we want to live now.
Activity: 854

Activity: 112
Merit: 10
Activity: 546
Merit: 250
Hello everybody.

Thank you Smiley
Yes. I thought that bitcoin is really an investment. Because upon entering or getting engage amd involved with bitcoin works to earn a living it is already considered as investing. In addition to that, bitcoin can be really considered as an investment because you are putting up your money into it and as a thing of investment, the users or consumers money is growing in just a short period of time more than what he have on his first attemp.
Activity: 896
Merit: 272
OWNR - Store all crypto in one app.
Well, just invest your bitcoin and keep it until the price is high.
You don't need to use it for daily needs, because as we know, the fee is too high, and of course we can use real money instead, why bother use bitcoin?
So just make this as long term investment. Maybe in two or three years the price will be so high, and you'll gain profits from that.
There's nothing wrong to invest btc, but there's always a risk where the price may drop suddenly.
Well, just invest in bitcoin and make more money.  In addition to that, investing in bitcoin is a good choice if you want to make more income and you can assure that you could make and earn money by using bitcoin. Lastly, if I have a lot of money I think I would invest it in bitcoin and I will hold it for a long time.
Activity: 910
Merit: 501
The problem that keeps me from bigger investments is that I know too few about bitcoin.
I know that the price went up during the last year.
But why exactly? How many people are using bitcoin right now? How many new join each month? Are there big bitcoin holders and who are they?
When I invest in stocks, i can get a lot of basic information about the company I invest in.
With bitcoin that is not so easy.
Activity: 924
Merit: 18
I think the main reason YOU must keep bitcoins in your pocket:

Look at the increasing price for many years and It is just beginning

A big investments will provide owners very good profit even during not long time

Now about fee....

In my opinion soon BIG miners ll realize that their welfare depends on the number of transactions, therefore, the most to be smart to set flee at a relatively low level

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541
Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man
Investing in bitcoins is very beneficial. High profit over time. If you invest early, you will benefit. In some countries, their people can use bitcoin to buy food online. You can use bitcoin to pay tuition at the school .... Invest early on bitcoin you are catching up era
its not that high profit overtime anymore mate since the value of bitcoin already hype time will make it stable for a while and it will take some waiting
period again chances for the value to downfall are still there and we can't rely whether whales will still hold or they will shaken the investment, but
if you are aiming for long term bitcoin is really a good one to invest with.
Activity: 364
Merit: 267
Investing in bitcoins is very beneficial. High profit over time. If you invest early, you will benefit. In some countries, their people can use bitcoin to buy food online. You can use bitcoin to pay tuition at the school .... Invest early on bitcoin you are catching up era
Yes we should really had invest in bitcoin when its price was still low, but I think it is not yet too late because there are other coins you can invest which has potentials. Bitcoin has a lot of advantages it is easy and fast when it comes to transactions online.
Activity: 180
Merit: 100
Investment in bitcoin or crypto currency with your spare money to me is the best option as compared to keeping your money in the bank without any additional intrest on your money. This is because bitcoin or crypto currency is the future in terms of investment. You can equally invest in some other currency that are at the ICO level before the lunch.
Actually, investing in bitcoin is a good option and investing is one of the best way to gain and make more money. In addition to that, as of now bitcoin become more profitable and its very effective. Lastly, I think if you invest few a year ago in bitcoin I guess now you could become millionaire .
Pages:
Jump to: