Pages:
Author

Topic: The reason that keeps me from investing in bitcoin - page 4. (Read 15401 times)

Activity: 728
Merit: 101
Bitcoin is the currency of this age
Bitcoin is in a special class of his own,its the Gold of this age,I recommend  you have some savings as Bitcoin and safe for future purpose, all other fiat can be invested into Altcoin with prospect,that can become profitable in less tahn 6month.
Activity: 30
Merit: 0
Hello everybody.

I would like to invest some money in bitcoin, I don't use that money and I don't need it for the next 2/3 years.
I thought I found in bitcoin the perfect way to invest. BUT when I see the fees applied I don't see how the bitcoin will become mainstream! The fees are around 1mBTC which is approximatively 3$. Therefore what is the point of bitcoin?

The only thing I see : big amount transaction

But bitcoin won't be the money you use to buy your sandwich with those fees!

I saw a post saying: yeah burger king is willing to accept bitcoin in russia. Hopefully mcdonald will follow ! But why would someone pay 3$ fee therefore a third of his burger king menu in fee?

Will segwit may lower the fees?

Thank you Smiley

On the day you wrote this, BTC was selling around $2542. Right now, it's around $6100. That's 139% gain. How does a $3 fee compare to that? Besides, it would be stupid to buy a sandwich with bitcoin anyway. That's what fiat is for.
Activity: 40
Bitcoin is like gold. You would not walk all around with blocks of gold to pay out acquire your sandwich with, you invest and let it sit. Spend all your FIAT forex for sandwich's 
Activity: 434
Merit: 100
investing in Bitcoin in the long run may go up from year to year but if investing with big capital there will be a big risk also may be the price will decrease in the future rise and fall we do not know.

Yes investing is risky.  So you will just invest the amount you can afford to lose.  And you always have to monitor the price of bitcoin as to avoid possible collapse.  But we saw how bitcoin is doing.  Its performance for the past years just shows that it continue to grow.
Investing is risky but it is completely worth it since the potential profits that we can get are great, investing in the stock market is very risky too and yet the profits that we can get are minuscule compared to the profits we can get with bitcoin.
Activity: 103
Merit: 10
investing in Bitcoin in the long run may go up from year to year but if investing with big capital there will be a big risk also may be the price will decrease in the future rise and fall we do not know.

Yes investing is risky.  So you will just invest the amount you can afford to lose.  And you always have to monitor the price of bitcoin as to avoid possible collapse.  But we saw how bitcoin is doing.  Its performance for the past years just shows that it continue to grow.
Accept your lose before start to trading, this is the requirement to help you avoid feel regret, boring and want to give up all after take big lose. Of course, no one wants to has loses, but the fact no one can not avoids it. Grin
Activity: 294
Hello everybody.

I would like to invest some money in bitcoin, I don't use that money and I don't need it for the next 2/3 years.
I thought I found in bitcoin the perfect way to invest. BUT when I see the fees applied I don't see how the bitcoin will become mainstream! The fees are around 1mBTC which is approximatively 3$. Therefore what is the point of bitcoin?

I saw a post saying: yeah burger king is willing to accept bitcoin in russia. Hopefully mcdonald will follow ! But why would someone pay 3$ fee therefore a third of his burger king menu in fee?

Thank you Smiley
But now the fees are really large and people use bitcoin to transfer large sums of money, but soon the network will be launched bitcoin Protocol Lightning Network and the Commission drops to 0. However still not enough shops accept bitcoin for payment :/
Activity: 672
Merit: 250
It's your choice and everybody knows about risks. Read the book named 'Digital Gold'. Hope u'll find somethinhg interesting
Activity: 42
Investing in bitcoin is a very wise idea.  Just invest your money in bitcoin and keep it until the price is high.
Investing in bitcoin means you see good potential to it.
Activity: 490
Merit: 11
in order to earn money from bitcoin, you must understand there are many risks, one of them is Scamming. But if you have researched about exchanges, you can learn many things from them to avoid risks, and if you scare then dont invest, however, how can you rich without risk.
Activity: 434
I wouldn't recommend holding Bitcoin in a long term period (2-3 years) as it is a risky move. Remember that the growth of Bitcoin is not always in an up trend there are years where Bitcoin goes down in value and you might be trapped with a paper loss. What I recommend is doing a trade within a year as you can monitor the prices regularly and you can profit from it in a short period. With this method you can actually lessen your risk as the price movement is within the period of a trend.
But if you look at the charts of bitcoin, with the exception of one year, has always finished with a price higher than the previous year, if that is not a sign to invest long term I do not know what that is, now it is possible the price may go down but we know that bitcoin recovers and then goes up once more, so for the one that is willing to hold long term I do not see any problem with the strategy.
Activity: 1236
Merit: 252
Bitcoin is no much more suitable to use as a currency.In previously years of bitcoin,folks employed it to get merchandise and to spend for companies.But now with these kinds of massive increase in price tag,now no human body is willing to spend bitcoins for just acquiring any factor which could be easily acquired with fiat funds.They do not want to unfastened an earning opportunity with bitcoins.They rather treat it as a valuable investment decision which could give them large returns in foreseeable future.Even right after the considerably envisioned segwit activation,nothing has transformed sufficient.The miners nevertheless desire to perform their possess sport by confirming only the transactions with larger charge.Coming to your stage,you have decided to commit your cash for two to three a long time.For that,bitcoin is he final choice.So you have no need to fear about higher transaction charge.
You are right bitcoin is a suitable currency for investment because first thing is bitcoin price is high and secondly bitcoin is now stable in market and it has a lot of his daily traders and investors around the world and bitcoin giving them a very good profit and I am one of the example of it because it also give me good profit every time so that’s why I am investing in bitcoin.
Activity: 756
Merit: 253
It is true that the fee's are somewhat excessive. As others have said though, if your view is to buy and hold for 2-3 years then the fee's are irrelevant to you. Making a trade for some stock or gold will also cost you to establish the position, in most cases alot more than it will cost you to establish a BTC position.

That's correct, even bitcoin fees aren't that huge any more and it was meant to go high as the prices of bitcoin also goes high and so i don't know why some people whine really. Maybe after the fork it will go down a little but i have no problem paying the current rates actually and it couldn't be a reason to keep me away from investing in bitcoin.
Activity: 214
Merit: 101
✔ Crypto portfolio | ✔ Telegram/APP
It is true that the fee's are somewhat excessive. As others have said though, if your view is to buy and hold for 2-3 years then the fee's are irrelevant to you. Making a trade for some stock or gold will also cost you to establish the position, in most cases alot more than it will cost you to establish a BTC position.
Activity: 994
Merit: 544

Yes investing is risky.  So you will just invest the amount you can afford to lose.  And you always have to monitor the price of bitcoin as to avoid possible collapse.  But we saw how bitcoin is doing.  Its performance for the past years just shows that it continue to grow.
Activity: 420
Activity: 490
I agree. I guess this will be the only biggest problems that users will complain. It should be fixed sooner if we want more people to use btc.
Activity: 35
There's a whole lot more reasons for you to invest on Bitcoin. Many other benefits and advantages that there is to Bitcoin should outweigh your concern for the transaction fees and the only reason that's been keeping you to invest in Bitcoin.

If you would check the price charts of Bitcoin, it is increasing despite the numerous fluctuations. Over just a short period of time, the price increase has skyrocketed so just imagine what your money could reach in 2-3 years. Also, Bitcoin is being adopted and accepted more and more. Its popularity has been increasing and the future looks bright for Bitcoin. Since you don't intend on using the money for some time, it would be best to invest it because it would accumulate and accrue in Bitcoin over time. I'm just saying that transaction fees should be the least of your worries because Bitcoin is a good investment.
Activity: 24
Well it is the future of currency. The only problem is that it is not regulated so the influx may go up or down gradually. It will always be like a gamble when you invest. And you will see the outcome only in the long run.
Activity: 406
▰▰▰ MODULE ▰▰
Hello everybody.

Thank you Smiley

My purpose of investing bitcoin even the fees of exchange is so high,and flexible is to have a saving's in the future.my second reason is to make the transaction online so fast like paying bill or buying gadgets in the internet,btc also can use to pay ticket when you travel from one country to another,its hazzle free.
Activity: 630
Merit: 130
Investing is good, not just by earning because bitcoin is for multi-purpose. It's decentralization and flexibility as a commodity makes transactions fast. It's like a universal currency today. For example, in traveling, no need to transfer fiat to fiat.
Pages:
Jump to: