Pages:
Author

Topic: The reason that keeps me from investing in bitcoin - page 6. (Read 15401 times)

Activity: 419
Merit: 100
Hello everybody.

I would like to invest some money in bitcoin, I don't use that money and I don't need it for the next 2/3 years.
I thought I found in bitcoin the perfect way to invest. BUT when I see the fees applied I don't see how the bitcoin will become mainstream! The fees are around 1mBTC which is approximatively 3$. Therefore what is the point of bitcoin?

The only thing I see : big amount transaction

But bitcoin won't be the money you use to buy your sandwich with those fees!

I saw a post saying: yeah burger king is willing to accept bitcoin in russia. Hopefully mcdonald will follow ! But why would someone pay 3$ fee therefore a third of his burger king menu in fee?

Will segwit may lower the fees?

Thank you Smiley

Bitcoin for me is meant to be an investment because the returns of it just for saving is really huge when you compare it to other businesses. If you wanted to spend bitcoin then better spend it in large amount transaction because when you spend it that way, you will not worry so much about the fees.
Bitcoin is a fantastic investment but do not forget that bitcoin more than anything is a currency and as time passes and more people begin to adopt bitcoin, then bitcoin will be able to fulfill its primary function, also segwit activation will help with that since transactions are going to be faster and cheaper.
Bitcoin transaction already got too faster so we can say that we shouldn’t say that bitcoin transaction is a still slow. Because it is now very fast. About bitcoin introduction to people then it has already take an action and boosted in the economy so yes it will become sooner primary function by that everyone will be connected to bitcoin and will use bitcoin instead other currencies.
Bitcoin has been used for doing transactions and it is faster and most convenient. All company and other businesses that recognizes bitcoin used it because it is also secure like banks to invest their money. Instead of using other currency and need to convert first, some accepts it and it is more benefits when use the bitcoin because its price increases is time comes in the future. Everyone become aware of bitcoin and earning it and even reduces unemployment and that news have impact on the economy. I keep investing because it will be in high price.

many company in my country doesn't want use bank because they dont want pay tax. They still use cash now. But if they known bitcoin. That's really good for  these company
Yeah it right there is no worry of taxes and investigation of money In bitcoin no one can question about it everyone knows it authentic and a organization which is running it is responsible and no worry of taxes in bitcoin trade because this trade is digitally no one can interfere in it or ask for his share so it’s the most possible solution to get rid of taxes.
Activity: 1330
Merit: 248
It will be better to start today, until bitcoin price is still low, we all know that bitcoin already reach $4600 which is can possibly happen again in the future, we all see that bitcoin has a potential to reach that amount so maybe today is the good day to invest.
Activity: 476
Merit: 103
homt.net
This thread really looks interesting the thread created before segwit may be op already got 2x profit also even china ban doesn’t make difference if op invested on the time he created post.
Activity: 1806
Merit: 672
I wouldn't recommend holding Bitcoin in a long term period (2-3 years) as it is a risky move. Remember that the growth of Bitcoin is not always in an up trend there are years where Bitcoin goes down in value and you might be trapped with a paper loss. What I recommend is doing a trade within a year as you can monitor the prices regularly and you can profit from it in a short period. With this method you can actually lessen your risk as the price movement is within the period of a trend.
Activity: 994
Merit: 544
The reason that keeps me investing in bitcoin is that i see it like long term investment not everyday money.
You're right, investing for long term is one of our goal. The good thing in having a long term investment is just a continuous process and earning, and only you have to do is simply monitor the flow of your business is it growing or not.
Investing in bitcoin is very great, since it's price are increasing we can assure that there will be a huge profit to earned in a day.

Yes it is true.  Since bitcoin price continue to increase there without a doubt that it can give us a huge profit.  There is already an assurance that investing with bitcoin is such a good thing and that there is a guarantee.  I am trying now to keep my bitcoins in my wallet and not spending some of it.  Because in due time it will have a good amount or it will be valued very high.  Bitcoin is tested and proven and that bitcoin can really give us something more than investing on it.
Activity: 784
Merit: 123
The reason that keeps me investing in bitcoin is that i see it like long term investment not everyday money.
You're right, investing for long term is one of our goal. The good thing in having a long term investment is just a continuous process and earning, and only you have to do is simply monitor the flow of your business is it growing or not.
Investing in bitcoin is very great, since it's price are increasing we can assure that there will be a huge profit to earned in a day.
Activity: 756
Merit: 253
I think only people who do not understand bitcoin who do not want to invest in bitcoin ,,,, my advice for people who do not want to invest in bitcoin, "recognize, understand and invest"
but it should be remembered and understood also that bitcoin has a risk of loss ,,
The biggest reason of why people do not invest in bitcoin is fear, people fear those things that they do not understand and many people are unable to understand bitcoin but eventually when bitcoin reaches big prices they are going to lament not investing in it even if they never had any intention of investing in bitcoin in the first place.

If lack of understanding  or fear of the unknown is the stumbling block then I guess it is wise to seek clear understanding of Bitcoin and how it works and how it can be beneficial to you including the risks involved in investing into it before you make a decision to stay away from it.
Activity: 434
I think only people who do not understand bitcoin who do not want to invest in bitcoin ,,,, my advice for people who do not want to invest in bitcoin, "recognize, understand and invest"
but it should be remembered and understood also that bitcoin has a risk of loss ,,
The biggest reason of why people do not invest in bitcoin is fear, people fear those things that they do not understand and many people are unable to understand bitcoin but eventually when bitcoin reaches big prices they are going to lament not investing in it even if they never had any intention of investing in bitcoin in the first place.
Activity: 405
Merit: 105
Well, just invest your bitcoin and keep it until the price is high.
You don't need to use it for daily needs, because as we know, the fee is too high, and of course we can use real money instead, why bother use bitcoin?
So just make this as long term investment. Maybe in two or three years the price will be so high, and you'll gain profits from that.
There's nothing wrong to invest btc, but there's always a risk where the price may drop suddenly.
Investing in bitcoin was good and risky at te same time. Its good to invest here becauae there have a possiblity to earn more but on the other side you may lose some of it. But i think you dont need to worry that because as far as I see in bitcoin, its really worth it to invest here. We just need to be patience and wait until its price pump or increase.
Activity: 186
I did not invest in bitcoin because I only knew about it in a short time. I do not know about it yet.
Activity: 284
Hello everybody.

I would like to invest some money in bitcoin, I don't use that money and I don't need it for the next 2/3 years.
I thought I found in bitcoin the perfect way to invest. BUT when I see the fees applied I don't see how the bitcoin will become mainstream! The fees are around 1mBTC which is approximatively 3$. Therefore what is the point of bitcoin?

I saw a post saying: yeah burger king is willing to accept bitcoin in russia. Hopefully mcdonald will follow ! But why would someone pay 3$ fee therefore a third of his burger king menu in fee?

Thank you Smiley
In my own opinion, the reason that keeps me on investing in bitcoin is that I can gain so much money in using bitcoin. As we all know, bitcoin was already tested to be legit in all other countries. That is why I am so encouraged and happy to use this bitcoin thing. This will really help people in their financial needs and other things that are needed.
Activity: 364
As a newbie to crypto currency I am equally as apprehensive but currently see it as an investment similarly to many others rather than something to trade with on a daily basis in burger King. I do feel that as it becomes wider spread the issue of fees will have to be resolved or else it could be the downfall of bitcoin.
Activity: 756
Merit: 500
yes that is a ridiculously high fee

I agree ..what is the point with such high fees.
I don’t mind  the fee that us being charged for every transaction, although I know it used to be free back in those good days,  but now it’s  not. The only concern I have is that newbies are not getting the opportunity to experience free transaction as we did back in the good old days.
In old days, bitcoins were not this much expensive as they are now and not many people were using it. It was like the limited supply was more than enough for the users at that time. Even bitcoins were available free of cost but with time bitcoins grew in price and its demand increased tremendously, so does the charges and it is very fair now.
Activity: 468
Experience the Future of DeFi
Hello everybody.

Thank you Smiley

After the Hard fork recently, I think somehow the transactions fees have been lowered. When you don't want transaction fees, you should try to buy to another person. P-2-P transaction, for no charge. Because when you buy to an entity, definitely it will have charges. Anyway, having Bitcoin rapidly increases its value, you won't feel the high charges because to average your gain over expense, you are still in profit.
Activity: 812
Merit: 101
Activity: 294
Merit: 250
The reason that keeps me from investing bitcoins because its volatility is unpredictable in a manner of very short time, the figure are fluctuating, might be up or down.. This is like gambling effect sometimes you loss and sometimes you win.. But i'm confident enough to say that bitcoins could possibly increase in the upcoming years due to its high demand..
Investing in bitcoin is not like gambling, in the short term the value of bitcoin can vary wildly but the longer you hold the better is going to be for you and the less affected you are going to be by the volatility, so learn how to hold long term and eventually bitcoin volatility will be a non factor to you
Investing in bitcoin and getting into bitcoin will be like gambling if you will play on its price and just buy and sell without any strong basis because that is like random buy and sell and you can end up in a wrong place in the market where you will just lose your money. If you are into investing then do not play your bitcoins and just hold it for long term so you can have a good and almost safe haven.
In a way you are right but who is going to do that, a newbie that does not know any better but for the rest of the people they will learn very soon that doing that is only going to make them lose money and since investing in bitcoin is done to make money I do not think this is a mistake that is going to happen many times in the life of an investor.
experienced is needed in bitcoin investment especially on trading basis do activities like buy and sell. invest your money in bitcoin will be a challenge to you how you do will grow your bitcoin. when face obstacles and got a matter each people have their length time to learn from mistakes. some people adapted very soon after learn from past mistakes.
Activity: 210
Merit: 108
Bitcoin value appreciate through the time and chances that your investment will surely grow is very much likely to happen in bitcoin, I guess this is the reason why many people put their trust and money in bitcoin investment they all want to earn good profit and help them to become financially independent. I also want to experience that that is why I started investing in bitcoin
Activity: 518
Merit: 250
Hello everybody.

Thank you Smiley
The reason that keeps me on investing in bitcoin is that I can gain so much money in bitcoin and bitcoin was already tested to be legit that is why I am so much encouraged to use bitcoin and it really help me in my financial needs.
Activity: 1036
Merit: 329
Hello everybody.

Thank you Smiley

Bitcoin for me is meant to be an investment because the returns of it just for saving is really huge when you compare it to other businesses. If you wanted to spend bitcoin then better spend it in large amount transaction because when you spend it that way, you will not worry so much about the fees.
Bitcoin is a fantastic investment but do not forget that bitcoin more than anything is a currency and as time passes and more people begin to adopt bitcoin, then bitcoin will be able to fulfill its primary function, also segwit activation will help with that since transactions are going to be faster and cheaper.
Bitcoin transaction already got too faster so we can say that we shouldn’t say that bitcoin transaction is a still slow. Because it is now very fast. About bitcoin introduction to people then it has already take an action and boosted in the economy so yes it will become sooner primary function by that everyone will be connected to bitcoin and will use bitcoin instead other currencies.
Bitcoin has been used for doing transactions and it is faster and most convenient. All company and other businesses that recognizes bitcoin used it because it is also secure like banks to invest their money. Instead of using other currency and need to convert first, some accepts it and it is more benefits when use the bitcoin because its price increases is time comes in the future. Everyone become aware of bitcoin and earning it and even reduces unemployment and that news have impact on the economy. I keep investing because it will be in high price.

many company in my country doesn't want use bank because they dont want pay tax. They still use cash now. But if they known bitcoin. That's really good for  these company
Even when they use cash, they still have to pay tax. You do not know anything about real life dude. Companies are controlled by government and if they do not pay tax to the government, they will soon go to jail. Everything in the company which related to money is controlled by the government. You need to get their approval to open your own company and you also need to pay for the anual tax
Money always involved tax any where so even cash it has tax buy what you need it has so how can you say that cash basis dont have cash. I think he has no idea about tax if that company would base on bitcoin I think thats to much tax they will deduct just speculation dude.
Activity: 48
Merit: 10
As of right now investing in Bitcoin is a better decision. As it grows in popularity its value will also increase.
Pages:
Jump to: