Pages:
Author

Topic: The road to the End of Religion: How sex will kill God - page 3. (Read 37219 times)

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000
https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU
My name is Mary Magdalene and I am a survivor. God raped me and then told the court it was an immaculate conception. Being unscientific sexist bronze-age assholes, the court sided with him and I was refused the option to abort my rape-baby.
legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 1373
In an empirical sense, humanism is false, and since all atheists are humanists, all atheists are wrong. I know this line of reasoning is sound because I have taken the time to evaluate the evidence surrounding life after death; anyone else could do the same.

The problem with all evidence of life after death is, all the evidence can point at other things besides. Because of this, nobody knows that it is life after death that the evidence is supporting, or if it is something else.

In addition, I added the period after the word "same" in your post, above.

Smiley
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
In an empirical sense, humanism is false, and since all atheists are humanists, all atheists are wrong. I know this line of reasoning is sound because I have taken the time to evaluate the evidence surrounding life after death; anyone else could do the same
Activity: 770
Merit: 500
God was not created by man

How else would you know "Him" ?
 Of course you created him (her, them, it).
.. the idea that man is the founder and guarantor of knowledge

Not quite no - what I'm saying is that human knowledge (and belief) is founded by humans - this is a self evident truth, a tautology.

Human knowledge is founded by humans.
Knowledge of God is human knowledge.
God is created by humans.

OK - I'll go along with that if you like.

The whole point is, is that you can't have knowledge of God - at least in an empirical sense. You can only ever have faith.

My faith is in love. It works for me, in a practical way. As soon as I stop believing in love I become closer to death - and i suspect that that is the same for yourself, Beliathon and anyone else out there. It is in this sense that I believe that God is revealed to us - and I think that I can justifiably claim that the conception of God as espoused by Jesus Christ in the Gospel of St. John most closely/symmetrically mirrors my belief.

Of course, there's no mileage in this idea of God for the power brokers - nothing to be made off the back of it, if you see what I mean. Its very real, tangible and (almost) verifiable - no profit in that.

Not quite no - what I'm saying is that human knowledge (and belief) is founded by humans - this is a self evident truth, a tautology.
OK, let me rephrase my understanding of your argument:

Human knowledge is founded by humans.
Knowledge of God is human knowledge.
God is created by humans.

I don't think it follows. If one has knowledge of God, then one has discovered it, not created it.

It seems to me that your argument goes like this:

You can only know something that you created.

No, not at all - I didn't create electricity, but I can know how it works, I can have knowledge of it. We have to be clear here. So the rest of your syllogism which is supposed to reflect my reasoning is flawed. You are mixing and confusing different categories of language.

....and in that case you can know something that your Creator has revealed.

How would you know that the knowledge that you have gleaned (via empirical research) about the world is something that "your Creator has revealed" ?

A part of him dwells within us.

Yes - Where Love is God is - you'll know that if you've read Tolstoy !!!

I think you are assuming humanism, the idea that man is the founder and guarantor of knowledge; you use that idea as your first premise, but that idea (humanism) has been discredited by scientific evidence.
It seems to me that your argument goes like this:

You can only know something that you created.
You can know God since His kingdom is within you, i.e. a part of you.
Therefore, if you know Him, then you have created Him.

However, if Man's reason is not the end-all and be-all of knowledge (since there is strong evidence to suggest that knowledge does not cease at the moment that Man's life ceases), then the first premise is wrong, and in that case you can know something that your Creator has revealed.
We are God's creation, His children. A part of him dwells within us.
.. the Churches and social order were created by man as a means of control.. .
Yes.

...as you can read in Tolstoy's The Kingdom of God Is Within You.

I've read it. With respect, I think the clue is in the title.

"God is love" almost secularises God - takes all the mysticism out of it - humanises it. God is, after all, created by man.

It does not humanize God at all because when we take Jesus literally, we are faced with the impossible. How can we truly "love thy neighbor as thyself"? But when we see the exhortations of jesus as invitations to join him on a higher spiritual plane, his words suddenly make sense.

God was not created by man, but the Churches and social order were created by man as a means of control, as you can read in Tolstoy's The Kingdom of God Is Within You.
No, you are a dream, and God has just shown himself out.

From now on you will be my nightmare instead of his dream. Enjoy the ride.

"God is love" almost secularises God - takes all the mysticism out of it - humanises it. God is, after all, created by man.

"A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as i have loved you, that ye also love one another" - and in this way it was proposed that the individual enters the Kingdom of Heaven.

Read Tolstoys "Gospels in Brief" - when an individual stops believing he is drawn to death, but when he starts to believe he is drawn back to life.

I'm not talking about organised religion here - I'm talking more about that which makes life possible for the individual.

As I say, God is Love.
How sex will kill God.
i still not understand about that sentence,even i read you post.  Huh
God demands rejecting embodied experience for imagined purity. Pleasure and reason both compel humans toward orgasm, the impure tainting of the soul as far as the Abhrahamic religions (Judaism, Christianity, Islam, Bahá'í) are concerned.

Basically this, and that's just 20th century stuff. You can't imagine what's to come, all your lies, all your myths, all your delusions will melt away in the light of the information age.

I am looking forward to the day that skeptics and Beliathon will be able to use reason in explaining ALL of the evidence thus far provided.

http://www.near-death.com/evidence.html
How sex will kill God.
i still not understand about that sentence,even i read you post.  Huh
God demands rejecting embodied experience for imagined purity. Pleasure and reason both compel humans toward orgasm, the impure tainting of the soul as far as the Abhrahamic religions (Judaism, Christianity, Islam, Bahá'í) are concerned.

Basically this, and that's just 20th century stuff. You can't imagine what's to come, all your lies, all your myths, all your delusions will melt away in the light of the information age.
How sex will kill God.
i still not understand about that sentence,even i read you post.  Huh
No, you are a dream, and God has just shown himself out.

From now on you will be my nightmare instead of his dream. Enjoy the ride.
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1027
 The road to the End of Religion: How sex will kill God
How is this so? lets look at the facts..

VICARS  have been having sex with kids for hundreds of years
also in some Christian faiths you can marry more than 1 time so lots of sex.

MUSLIMS  are still having sex with kids to this day and they have a 1000 virgins waiting for them to have sex with when they go to heaven .Plus they can have loads of wives meaning lots of sex

JEWS can marry more than one wife meaning lots of sex also they cut there foreskin so its less likely to get sexual diseases .So less likely to pass it on to there other wife..

So if you ask me sex plays a big part in religion Grin
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1020
If your religion is a failure than it does not means that whole of this phenomenon is a failure
All religions are failed sciences. Religion and science seek the same thing: to explain existence, give us purpose and meaning. Religion just makes up the answers, while science is the only surefire method of pattern recognition.

Correct, science is a surefire method of pattern recognition, and it exceeds at this because it makes the blanket assumption that observation does not causally effect what it observes.  This assumption is scientifically unfalsifiable.

That's your argument? That's really what you brought to my fucking table?

How shamefully sophomoric. Take that weakass shit back to seventh grade philosophy class where it belongs, kid. This is the internet. You're a goddamn disgrace.

This "sophomoric" assumption is sophomoric because you need to know its implications.  Could you enlighten me as to why it's not an issue? 
God is love.
legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 1373
What a beautiful topic, i will contribuite, certainly.

# 1 - God not exist.

Except that, you don't have any proof that God doesn't exist. In fact, there are lots of evidences that something that can fit the "God" category exists.

Since you are setting up your determination without proof, you are claiming that you have the strength or knowledge or wisdom to make such a determination. Thus, you are setting yourself up as God simply by making a determination that you are unqualified to make.

This means that God exists after all... YOU!

Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: