Pages:
Author

Topic: The Wasp Project Collective Information thread. - page 2. (Read 38672 times)

Activity: 32
Merit: 0
Awesome. Thanks a lot for your response  Smiley Who's Marto Warts? I'm not so sure the chips are going to be the route I choose, unless I find someone willing to purchase 100 minion chips now, considering your advice, but I am still curious.

Edit: A bit of searching and I think I found who you mean Wink.
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
Hmmm. I could potentially have 100 minion chips with their compensation offer which, if built into miners, would offer up a much better chance at ROI than the Prosperos themselves. I would have to start mining by July to make ROI though, so perhaps this is not feasible. Still, having no ROI on 14 TH/s worth of equipment is better than having no ROI on 6 TH/s if I'm looking at an investment within the same range. Is it reasonable to think you guys might have a working set of instructions available for Minions by August? I calculate that my ROI (or lack there of) would be equivalent or marginally better with the chips if I started mining by then.

Correct you can't wait a day into July even if you want to make something of this. I have a few friends in this boat with you and there really is little you can opt for. Sell the chips? Sell the lower level compensation type miners? Get a refund? All I am sure is the WPC really at this point is focused on the form factor and the spoondoolies chips. We want to get something testing in Hong Kong come June at Allied Control. Given where we are now I am not even sure we can make that self imposed deadline but we will know more by May 31st at our meeting.

I would wait for them to get you a miner in your hands. Even if you have a design in hand, parts, fab, etc and a good EE to oversee things I am not sure chips are good option if the trend in getting things to work holds fast you need to have spondoolies / bitmain like commitment to pull off a working board. Also slight errors in fab could render all your chips POOCHED. You can't easily remove this type of chip and start again it would cost you a lot just to try with no certainty of success. I wish you luck and everyone else as well. It is sad to see BA go through such a hiccup so close to the finish line. As for August and a Minion Whiteface or Hornet who knows where we will be given the small team and the tight budget you are probably much better off looking towards someone like Marto, warts and all, for something along that angle to get chips to boards but do your research first before going that route.
Hmmm. I could potentially have 100 minion chips with their compensation offer which, if built into miners, would offer up a much better chance at ROI than the Prosperos themselves. I would have to start mining by July to make ROI though, so perhaps this is not feasible. Still, having no ROI on 14 TH/s worth of equipment is better than having no ROI on 6 TH/s if I'm looking at an investment within the same range. Is it reasonable to think you guys might have a working set of instructions available for Minions by August? I calculate that my ROI (or lack there of) would be equivalent or marginally better with the chips if I started mining by then.
Just found this post and I'm very interested. Just to make sure I'm understanding this correctly, you guys are working on some DIY instructions for building miners if you have access to chips like the Minion from BA? If this is correct, that definitely sparks my interest as I have a delayed order with BA that they have offered to convert to Minion chips. What kind of knowledge would someone need to be able to follow these DIY instructions to build a miner? What kind of equipment would I need?

Thanks

Currently we have set priority for chip development based the small team and limited resources of our group currently as we are self funded and we do will not fabricate and sell our miners. We will license our designs and firmware to those who are interested in resales or fab and ownership of our boards. The Black Arrow Minion chips were pushed later down the list. Here is the order of prototype development. There are a number of people working with BA on to fix the design and will more than likely be completed well before we even look at our later designs for the Minion. Our priority right now is the Hammer chips from Spondoolies we have in hand. The hammers are the 7.5 Gh/s chips, this design will only be a test bed for the WPC and our plan will be to rework this design with newer more powerful Minions, Rockerbox and Pickaxe chips. Rockerbox 200 Gh/s, Minions 115 Gh/s and the Pickaxe unknown Gh/s.

I let our EE know immediately when I learned about the BA delay and if he has time he might help if he can with the issues with their backplane design as we have had a good relationship with support back and forth with BA over the past 12 months. Having said that here is our priority for development.

Primary Development

Update will be available at our 31st of May Meeting on the following designs.

1st -  Hammer Whiteface   

(Allied Control) DataTank Prototype Form Factor   
2 Phase Cooling Test Board   
64 chips
480 Gh/s

2nd - Hammer Hornet

325mm x 325mm Prototype Form Factor
Air Cooled   
64 chips   
480 Gh/s

Edit

3rd - AM BE200 Hornet

325mm x 325mm Prototype Form Factor
Air Cooled
64 chips
768 Gh/s

Slated for Later Development Summer 2014 and into 2015

Rockerbox SpondooliesTech (Q2 Release of Chips)
Black Arrow Minion (In hand)
PickAxe SpondooliesTech (Q4 Release of Chips)

Having looked into our crystal ball we will probably be opening up membership again and looking to get more shares sold to the members in order to push on with our designs into the 2014 and 2015. If you are keen on membership please feel free to PM me or email for details. As always we need firmware designers and pcb designers to join the group as well as people keen on pushing the next generation of miners for DIYers and Higher Density Mining Operations looking for more control and density out of their replacement equipment.
Just found this post and I'm very interested. Just to make sure I'm understanding this correctly, you guys are working on some DIY instructions for building miners if you have access to chips like the Minion from BA? If this is correct, that definitely sparks my interest as I have a delayed order with BA that they have offered to convert to Minion chips. What kind of knowledge would someone need to be able to follow these DIY instructions to build a miner? What kind of equipment would I need?

Thanks
Hello,

Just to let you know guys. I am thinking about selling on e-bay bulk HF Golden Nonce chips soon if anyone is interested.

Currently have enough chips in our design pipeline.

Thanks for the information will keep it in mind for later in 2014 if the price is right and if HF compensation for customers seems to be resolved.

Activity: 462
Merit: 250
Hello,

Just to let you know guys. I am thinking about selling on e-bay bulk HF Golden Nonce chips soon if anyone is interested.
Activity: 114
Merit: 10
No more Crypto in this world
We are Looking at Scrypt ASIC's as well I will be working that front for now
Nothing to share as we have not started designing that iteration of the Whiteface / Wasp boards yet. BE200 is 2nd priority right now.
When we have we will share what we can.
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
Got any independent test results on the BE200 you may or may not have and care to share? Grin
We are only getting / got 2 chips Grin.

More if we need them supposedly, that is what our EE said last meeting.

As we have already paid for our 1100 Hammer chips we are looking at those shipping today or tomorrow to Seattle from Israel. All those chips will be made into Hammer Whiteface boards most likely. The BE200's will be designed for Wasp and Whiteface. The difference between the Whiteface and Hornet is minimal so those looking for cooling like a standard air / heatsink or a 2 phase Novec system then you will have 2 possibly 3 options with our designs as they will come out at roughly the same time. Noting that the BE200's could be cheap and readily available we are also doing our original Wasp / Hive configuration for the DIY market or for density in smaller sized data center configurations or home use.

Minion and Rockerbox chips we will definitely need to look at water block or single or 2 phase cooling. We are hoping our meeting with Allied Control in at Inside Bitcoin HK in June will prove fruitful.
Activity: 686
Merit: 500
A pumpkin mines 27 hours a night
ROCKMINER received a couple of chips (23k) today (https://twitter.com/RockMinerInc/status/463863744297054208).
Did you order/receive/expect some of those as well?
The EE's have had to refocus our efforts away from the BF2 and A1 chips as they are now less than desirable packages for development and this shift has allowed us the opportunity to look at even higher density and 2-phase cooling using the Hammer chips and then the BE200 chips as well as looking towards future chips like the RockerBox / PickAxe S-Tech chips and the Black Arrow Minion in what we call the Hornet and Whiteface boards.

We are singularly focused on pushing out the Hammer Whiteface and that will be tested at Allied Control in Hong Kong is a 2 phase Novec tank. The Hammer Whiteface is not going to be the end point or release point for our DIY design timeline as we are moving directly to BE200's and RockerBox chips after that. This will be in a standard form factor that can be housed in the DataTank configuration that Allied Control is coming up right now. That is our longer term goal on development. Coupled with this we are also working to develop a pool / hardware hosting & collocation / cloud mining / hardware sales that are housed in a single data center or beta test node configuration and will be available to customers both big and small. The nodes we are going to use are in the EU and US but we are also looking at Asia / Oceania for beta testing.

Ripped from our development hub...

Big Board Architecture - Hammer Chips

Hornets and Whitefaces - collectively the "Big Boards" - are sharing a common architecture, differing mostly in form-factor. They each have a power section, responsible for producing the voltages needed to drive hashers. They have four collections of 16 hashers each, called "quadrants" because they are positioned in the four corners of the board. Separating these quadrants horizontally are two microcontrollers (MCUs), along with two CPLDs per MCU. These CPLDs contain programmed logic to translate signal voltage levels, adapt the MCUs' SPI to the hashers' serial communications, and to assemble the hashers into eight serially connected groups, or "chains", each containing 8 hashers. This assembly process will allow the MCU to bypass any non-functional hasher, thereby rescuing the remaining hashers in each chain of 8, and allowing the remaining hashers to produce work.

The vertical gap between quadrants is filled with four dual voltage controllers, whose responsibility is to convert 12V DC at moderate current levels to the 0.7-0.9V at high current levels required by the hasher cores. These controllers will be programmable, and can adjust their outputs in small increments over the range of .... and the rest is on our development hub pages.

Sure. We can get you a board to test out when we are done. PM me or email me.

Although at this time we won't have time to fit any specific form factor you may need. We are currently working on Hammer Hornet which could be tested in a 2 phase Allied Control system as a demonstrator in HK in June when I am at the Inside Bitcoin event.

http://ftp://ftp.nrcan.gc.ca/pub/outgoing/nrcan-rncan/2013-143_RP-FIN_e_(Ref-2013-132)-VFinale-2013-08-15.pdf

http://www.carnotrefrigeration.com/en/refrigeration/co2-cooling-system
Activity: 271
Merit: 254
Where would a Hammer Whiteface go?

Into an Allied Control system like this.

Animation of the system

System specification

Then into a datatank system like this anywhere you want.

How about we make an ammonia-cooled wasp q3ube and put one on my farm?

The benefit of this is the cooling system would be under an AGPLv3 license, and I can use leftover coolant for fertilizer.
TLDR Minutes of meeting:

+ Work is continuing on the Hammer Hornet design is nearly complete, then work on BE200 Wasp.

+ The search continues for a new design package that is reasonably priced per seat so we can get more EEs at the design table.

+ The Mining Pool is ready for testing although we will need to build a team to help service and maintain it we are currently sourcing new members for that purpose.

+ We will be at Inside Bitcoins HK and it might be possible to have some of our prototype Whiteface boards hashing at Allied Control while we are at the Inside Bitcoins HK conference.

+ We are adding 4 new EEs to the WPC still waiting on them to pay membership.

+ We will have general WPC meetings fortnightly and the interim weeks project teams can meet in their groups to push projects forward.

+ We will be moving forward to setting up our WPC legally by June hopefully.

+ Next general meeting Saturday May 4th, 2014.
Well given we might have time between the Hammer and BE200 Hornets and the conference in HK it might be possible to have both Whiteface boards ready. But I think that is a tall order for our team to get even 1 Whiteface board done, but that is something that we will be talking about today at the meeting. I think what Allied Control is looking at is doing a standardized form factor so the type of chip is not the focus but rather the system they are suggesting.

Meaning... any design can get dunked in that system in HK. Not sure if we will have something but I hope we do have 2 types of boards to drop in a tank in coming months.
Activity: 686
Merit: 500
A pumpkin mines 27 hours a night

Animation of the system

System specification

There's a discussion about this in the AM thread. Isn't this directed at the AM chips?
Any news regarding the BE 200 chip from your EE? Smiley considering that today will be the conference?

Animation of the system

System specification

Latest Update:

We have paid for our SpondooliesTech Hammer chips which will go into our Hammer Hornets and Hammer Whiteface designs.
We have ordered our Black Arrow Minion chips which will go ino our Minion Hornets.

Pages:
Jump to: