Pages:
Author

Topic: Time to sue ButterflyLabs - Big Single-SC owner let's league for class action - page 21. (Read 39307 times)

Activity: 924
Merit: 501
Josh which testing lab do you guys use to certify your products?

https://apps.fcc.gov/oetcf/eas/reports/TestFirmSearch.cfm

You probably use this one, the only one in Kansas, right?

Rogers Labs, Inc.   
Louisburg   
06/27/2016   
Scot Rogers   

4405 West 259th Terrace   
Louisburg   Kansas   66053   
United States   
[email protected]   
913-837-3214   
913-837-3214

See I looked through the 302 tests he's done and I can't seem to find any for "Butterfly Labs".  Did you certify the hardware under a different name??

Merit: 1000
Did you get the FCC approval?

Code:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=119351.msg1314335#msg1314335

Re: ACTUAL Butterfly Labs PCB pics!
November 03, 2012, 12:03:19
Reply with quote  #157
Quote from: abracadabra on November 03, 2012, 06:36:06
When is the Jalapeno getting FCC approval?

Maybe two weeks? We are waiting for the test lab to issue the test report.

With the bump in power requirements on the MR and the new screen, we had to make changes, although the new screen is already certified.  We are doing all the devices at once, since they all share the same board.
legendary
Activity: 1876
Merit: 1003
IF BFL had delivered in January as I had thought,I/we would have made out like 1st batch Avalons did,almost

This is why you don't understand how bitcoin works and why your arguments are laughable.  Do you seriously believe you would be the only person receiving a unit?  Because that is the only scenario where this statement would be true, otherwise, it's just plain false.

Josh,I know more about Bitcoin,than you know about ASIC's bro  Cheesy

Avalon 1st batch customers & BFL customers would of had the "Early adopter Advantage",which at the time of ordering is what WE as BFL customers had COUNTED on.There was only AsicMiner on the near horizon,no other competitors were anywhere near to release time in January.

But you,BFL,kept delaying over & over again,because of ineptness & cost us,your customers,that advantage.Aww boohoo right  Huh

Yes,all BFL devices will make a "positive return" for quite sometime.Any "return" is positive,no matter how small..............

But no where near the amount had BFL delivered in the original timeframe of Oct 2012-Jan 2013.

Thank you for your thoughts & get back to shipping ASAP  Wink

Once again, this is why you don't understand how bitcoin works.  Let me see if I can dumb it down enough for you to understand:

When excess hashrate is on the network, the difficulty rises until it reaches an equilibrium with the hashrate so that 6 blocks are created per hour.  If BFL had shipped everything in November, the difficulty would be far in excess to where it is now (and even more than to where it was a month ago), thus your profitability would have declined.  Once again, the only way you scenario can be true is if you're the only one receiving a unit.  That would not have happened, therefore your premise is false.  

No, you do not understand bitcoin at all, sorry.

Told you so!
What is interesting is that Bick is being attacked for having the same issues that BFL fanbois are defending BFL for having ie Supply issues. They make excuses for BFL and the evil suppliers but have no understanding that Bick had the same issues with Avalon delays. He was upfront and refunded all his customers while BFL is not. This is very biased behavior.

I make no excuses.

We saw the delays would be long and painful for our customers to wait and would adversely affect their ROI. As a cooperative we decided that we had to start refunding proactively as that was only fair and ethical course of action. We were very explicit not to use the BTC collected from our customers in fact some of the delays in our initial refunds were caused by the fact we had put all the BTC into cold paper storage and took nearly 3 days to get them back in the hands of the cooperative so we could refund people. And we apologized to no ends for our slow and utterly useless handling of refunds.

We don't hide behind Avalon's failure to provide chips in time for fabrication. We are the ones who cancelled the project we take full responsibility for it's failure. Will the K1 be our last project... no. I am sure our collective decision was the right one and I hope the majority of our customers and the community see this for what it is the right action for the right moment. Did we make mistakes of course we did, could we have waited longer... of course. Will we be stopping there... no.

There is a huge difference between what we want for the community and what BFL wants. We want to help support DIY and miners and hopefully that can happen with our next project. We are very upset with our failure and we know we let down BKKCoins but we really didn't want to have more people held hostage so we had to cut the K1 off.
Activity: 252
Merit: 250
Why doesn't someone with an SDR just fire it up in proximity to a Jalapeno or something, and see if they can pick up any spurious transmissions. If there aren't any detectable at close range then can we let the FCC stuff just die? A huge number of devices are out there which are not FCC certified, and that law is very rarely applied proactively unless some very large businesses are involved (read as the Samsungs, Dells and Apples of this world).

If you have a concern and do want to talk to the FCC, go and get some hard data on how the device is potentially hazardous due to emitting unwanted RF interference and let them know.

Now, are we talking about FCC or CE certifications? Last time this discussion was had it was all about the CE mark...
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
Bick could have shipped delayed like BFL but decided to refund instead. One approach created anti BFL customers the other created respect.
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
Its called dodging the question by going on the attack

Josh & BFL have been doing this forever & a day

...lol..ho hum... get some new material Jailbird joey
Activity: 532
What is interesting is that Bick is being attacked for having the same issues that BFL fanbois are defending BFL for having ie Supply issues. They make excuses for BFL and the evil suppliers but have no understanding that Bick had the same issues with Avalon delays. He was upfront and refunded all his customers while BFL is not. This is very biased behavior.
BFL is shipping, eh?  Bick could not ship, eh?  Sprechen zie Engrish?
Violating  FTC refund rules ??

These are the questions Josh

legendary
Activity: 1190
No proof you shipped a unit to the FCC so you lied to your customers.

You really don't know what the definition of proof is, do you?  I suggests you research "Evidence of absence" before you post again, you look like an idiot. (Frankly, I think it would be hard for you to not look like an idiot at this point, since your entire life seems to revolve around failure, but that's another story.)

Inaba has been dodging that question since November of 2012 when he made the claim that BFL was getting FCC certification.
You can read his claim here:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.1314335
When is the Jalapeno getting FCC approval?

Maybe two weeks? We are waiting for the test lab to issue the test report.

With the bump in power requirements on the MR and the new screen, we had to make changes, although the new screen is already certified.  We are doing all the devices at once, since they all share the same board.

He said the Jalapeno (original form factor, not the new Single case) had gone to a lab and they were just waiting on the report.
Josh I think, for the community, this is a pretty important question for us to ask such an esteemed vendor as yourself.

What products have you registered with the FCC and what are there registration numbers?
legendary
Activity: 1260
No proof you shipped a unit to the FCC so you lied to your customers.

You really don't know what the definition of proof is, do you?  I suggests you research "Evidence of absence" before you post again, you look like an idiot. (Frankly, I think it would be hard for you to not look like an idiot at this point, since your entire life seems to revolve around failure, but that's another story.)

Activity: 532
The DIY boards have one massive advantage - they have the lessons learnt from BFL and its boards shemozzle. They know the true power consumption of the chips upfront and can design the power supply to suit. They have reference designs from BFL to work with too, if they want to be extra lazy. Lastly, they aren't working with the kinds of quantity that BFL is. The hardest work has already been done for them.

And Bicknellski still couldn't even manage to ship a single board out.

Hilarious, the pot calling the kettle black on shipping issues.

Slow shipping versus no shipping... hardly a pot/kettle argument.  But you can only cut and paste, so we have to allow for that.
No proof you shipped a unit to the FCC so you have lied to your customers about it being at the FCC at all and it was going to be approved in a 2 week time frame.

Are you now saying you never posted that anywhere?
Here is some proof Josh of BFL breaking the law, please explain:

Thank you for contacting Butterfly Labs. According to the terms you agreed to on checkout, all sales are final. Now that shipping of orders has begun, refunds will not be processed. Your order will be shipped per your position in the order queue.

For more information on our refund policy please visit our FAQ: www.butterflylabs.com/faq

We are no longer able to make exceptions.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Sincerely,
Abbey
BF Labs, Inc.
Josh I think, for the community, this is a pretty important question for us to ask such an esteemed vendor as yourself.

What products have you registered with the FCC and what are there registration numbers?
legendary
Activity: 1260
Failure to refund BTC to customers how about we start using that metric?

Or customers unhappy currently with explanations for the failure to ship?

Ya let us not cast stones in a glass house.

I am proud to have pulled the plug and refunded everyone that ordered it was the right thing to do. Can you say the same?

Where's that proof, Bick?  Still waiting...  You wouldn't be lying about your accusations would you?  Why would not provide the proof you claim is so readily available? Why are you refusing to provide it?  That's the real question!
And FTC refund policy

Anything of substance will get you

"you dont understand how bitcoin works ""

I think i understand how you fuck ppl over pretty well Josh
I notice crickets about the FTC regs issue. I was expecting it though.
Pages:
Jump to: