Pages:
Author

Topic: Time to sue ButterflyLabs - Big Single-SC owner let's league for class action - page 3. (Read 39303 times)

legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1005
The time to sue... is now.

Note, another collection method that is really fun is called a "till tap."  I don't know if that's available in Kansas.  Essentially, what this means is a sheriff's deputy shows up in uniform at their offices and any money that comes in gets immediately seized until the judgment is fully collected.  Plus, the presence of a uniformed law enforcement official seizing money really looks impressive to any visitors of the business.  Also, they have to pay for the cost of having this done.

Defaulting on judgments when money is still coming in is basically an invitation to collect your free money, so contact this reddit guy and find out who he's using.  The guy could probably use the business.

Not legal advice, of course.  I'm just suggesting that I'd find it amusing to watch.
Activity: 604
Merit: 273
If a class-action lawsuit against BFL is started, I would be interested in signing on as a claimant.
DrG
legendary
Activity: 2086
Merit: 1035
My salutation to the man who endured this. Now that the fraud is proven in the civil case, I hope that the criminal case will follow. It would be nice if the US justice introduced Zerg Joshlan (or what's his name) to the US prison system.

I don't think anything was proven unfortunately.   BFL failed to represent itself at trial (for whatever reason) and the judgement went to plaintiff.

Assuming they're as responsive to legal notices as they are customers they'll see the subpoena sometime around February..... 2015........ or 2 weeks.
Activity: 136
Merit: 13
My salutation to the man who endured this. Now that the fraud is proven in the civil case, I hope that the criminal case will follow. It would be nice if the US justice introduced Zerg Joshlan (or what's his name) to the US prison system.
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
The time to sue... is now.

1 case won... time to submit more.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1u4v0o/i_sued_bfl_in_kansas_jurisdiction_and_won/

I sued BFL and won. Since I live in California, I had to hire an attorney in Johnson County KS. I won by default with damages and atty fees awarded, as BFL failed to show at trial.

My case is a matter of public record, case 13LA09619

BFL has now failed to respond to their loss of the suit and we are looking for ways to collect via lien, direct bank account deduction, etc. In addition we will be shortly expanding a second lawsuit based upon the proof of fraud whereby our bitcoins will be returned to us via a court procedure known as 'recession' [where the court orders that you are returned to the same position today that existed before the fraud occurred] and will seek to secure our bitcoins by way of a replevin order.
These processes are time and money consuming, but as BFL continues to ignore the court orders, their fines and fees are increasing from the date of our original judgment.
The chief obstacle for execution of a recession and replevin order is the notion that bitcoins [even though digital] are a type of property that can be 'seized' or returned, by an action provisioned under instructions given to a sheriff acting on orders from the court.

Of course, we crypto-geeks know that this can be easily accomplished, but BTCs are a new "unknown" to the US jurisprudential system, and our attorney has to guide them through the process and allow them to conclude that "this can be done".

If anyone is interested in filing suit against BFL remotely, I have an EXCELLENT attorney-- and since he has already won the first suit, it is a foregone conclusion he can win yours.

Now the caveat: BFL is very skilled at moving its money and its accounts around the various banks in Leawood Kansas. Our investigator has determined that they had accounts in certain banks which are now closed, but we suspect that they are no longer using the registered corp-name BF Labs Inc as the corporate name on the account they use to pay their local employees-- and they DO have to pay their employees somehow.

Speculation is that they have moved to using ADP or another third party payroll system and have masked their accounts.
We are pursuing a subpoena to force a court appearance by Sect/Treasurer Jody Drake to disclose the location of assets.
Anyone wishing information on the progress of the suit and information regarding process and procedures can contact me at info at coinpositive dot com.
This has been an expensive process, but BFL should not be allowed to defraud the public.
If you found this helpful, you can donate mBTCs to this address: 14nu944b3Lpe1yPEAzCoaTyMrs6rsPNbtM
Or mLTCs to this address: LL1LPKCkxJwQpyKphtKqkBoVE7xXi1eZzd
I will try to help as many who ask. God Bless and Happy New Year

Others want to sue. http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1u5oqi/want_to_sue_bfl_too_i_purchased_a_1_year_hosting/

Can I sue Butterfly Labs bitcoin mining hardware company?

I purchased a 1 year hosting contract from BFL, the order is still processing.
A hosting contract is a service where the company, or another company in connection with Butterfly Labs host the mining hardware for you and you earn bitcoins for 1 year.
The problem is that in their FAQ page, they refer to a company, website: kcmocolo.com. However, when you try to go to that website, it redirects to another company, called netsolus.com. I spoke with netsolus.com customer service, they said that they are not going to host for BFL, and that, as the customer care rep said, BFL might be hosting its own miners.

So the question is, will BFL actually host its own miners?
If they are not, then I might just had lost my money, since the 1 year hosting contract is a pre-order.
But, if BFL is being sued by this other guy, then could I still have a way of claim damages if BFL does not deliver service, even though it was a pre-order?
Link to other guy that sue: http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1u4v0o/i_sued_bfl_in_kansas_jurisdiction_and_won/
Don't know, and it does not say, whether that person's lawsuit relates to a 1 year hosting contract or the purchase of bitcoin miner.
If I can sue BFL, I want to sue for damages and attorney's fee paid by them, for the incurred lost, that is in the event they don't deliver service.

Class Action?

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1kzl0p/im_thinking_of_starting_a_class_action_suit_with/
Activity: 322
Merit: 250
Got my BFL shipping notice.  Nice to see USPS confirm pickup about two hours after I got my notification!  

How many months was it late?

No ROI for you. Now I get why you want people to know mining hardware is a NO ROI zone. Too bad you didn't get your BFL product when it was promised.

Jalapenos, Little Singles and Singles, the Block Erupters of the current era.

Revenue on a Jalapeno that cost $274 with free electricity is $69 by April 2014 then revenue is less than $1 per month so ROI would be achieved in about 400+ months. Unless of course BTC went up to $100,000 then ROI would only be 2 years LOL

We placed our order when we did and knew the risks, but rather than complain about it we sunk the cost and are going to use the hand warmer for what it is worth.  Smiley

And the main point of contention right now is people passing off hardware they are selling as worth the price.  Supporting the community is good and great, unfortunately the greed of the mining gold rush is basically pushing the community out.  And if selling items AsicMiner style (above reasonable ROI but close enough people can possibly fool themselves into buying rather than straight buying BTC) is how people feel the need to move forward, they'll find themselves sitting on lots of overpriced hardware for self-mining.  There is a sucker born every minute, but the least we can do is be honest about whether hardware is worth the price or not. 

"Support the network" isn't a valid argument anymore when we're approaching 4PH (or there already?), so there is plenty of network and plenty of folks with hardware and cheap power that will keep it going.  As far as new folks are concerned, mining is a money pit that you can only really dig yourself out of if you are a day-one order person or someone with the technical skills and business acumen gets their head out of their butt and charges over cost but under ROI.  Yes the argument is that they can mine it themselves and make more, but that requires time and electricity.  If you sell in that sweet spot there are hundreds of people itching to buy, ensuring you make your return borderline instantly and then you have happy customers who receive hardware worth the time to buy.

Your right, WHEN BTC hits $1000 people will be less dismissive, But that is not my point. My point is the BTC network does not need scum like this or we get what we have today with the rothchilds and co dictating everything. We need to route out the cockroach's of josh and BFL (and others) and stop supporting these low life pieces of scum!

YOur attitude is perfect and i applaud you for that, There is so much greed in BTC from people that there missing the whole purpose of what BTC is. It's an idea thats been put into reality. Human existence as never had a truly free market EVER! We are on a tipping point where everything is combining to lead us into a new era. 2012 was the end of an age and beginning of a new one and i see people waking up to the realities that we face and have allowed ourselves to be lead along. But no more! A new world is beginning to grow out of the old rotten corpse that is the current 'system'.

Bitcoin will not last forever, But it will become the first truly free currency and then it will be surpassed in the future by a even better one, That i am sure of. Eventually, we may get rid of the monetary system all together in the distant future but we can all have hopes and dreams Wink

More millionaires were made the year after the great depression.... This ain't no coincidence! There's so much opportunity arriving as the old dies and some people will get left behind in the mayhem that is about to ensue! And chaos is about to happen very soon! But i'm a firm believer in the chaos theory also so i embrace it, As i do death and welcome it into my life as there is only 1 thing guaranteed in life and that is death. Tell the tax man FUCK OFF! Wink
Activity: 420
Got my BFL shipping notice.  Nice to see USPS confirm pickup about two hours after I got my notification!  

No ROI for you. Now I get why you want people to know mining hardware is a NO ROI zone. Too bad you didn't get your BFL product when it was promised.

Revenue on a Jalapeno that cost $274 with free electricity is $69 by April 2014 then revenue is less than $1 per month so ROI would be achieved in about 400+ months. Unless of course BTC went up to $100,000 then ROI would only be 2 years LOL

We placed our order when we did and knew the risks, but rather than complain about it we sunk the cost and are going to use the hand warmer for what it is worth.  Smiley

And the main point of contention right now is people passing off hardware they are selling as worth the price.  Supporting the community is good and great, unfortunately the greed of the mining gold rush is basically pushing the community out.  And if selling items AsicMiner style (above reasonable ROI but close enough people can possibly fool themselves into buying rather than straight buying BTC) is how people feel the need to move forward, they'll find themselves sitting on lots of overpriced hardware for self-mining.  There is a sucker born every minute, but the least we can do is be honest about whether hardware is worth the price or not. 

"Support the network" isn't a valid argument anymore when we're approaching 4PH (or there already?), so there is plenty of network and plenty of folks with hardware and cheap power that will keep it going.  As far as new folks are concerned, mining is a money pit that you can only really dig yourself out of if you are a day-one order person or someone with the technical skills and business acumen gets their head out of their butt and charges over cost but under ROI.  Yes the argument is that they can mine it themselves and make more, but that requires time and electricity.  If you sell in that sweet spot there are hundreds of people itching to buy, ensuring you make your return borderline instantly and then you have happy customers who receive hardware worth the time to buy.

Activity: 420
Got my BFL shipping notice.  Nice to see USPS confirm pickup about two hours after I got my notification! 
http://thomsonreuters.com/press-releases/062013/336459

The free, 30-page white paper, which includes perspectives from an executive-level compliance officer at a regional bank, an enforcement analyst from the National White Collar Crime Center and a strategic analyst from Thomson Reuters, is available to download at http://bit.ly/11yggGW.

Activity: 1316
Merit: 253
Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting
In case anyone is actually listening to fractal02, here is his account info.

Name:   fractal02
Activity:   126
Position:   Full Member
Date Registered:   July 18, 2013, 07:59:06 AM
Last Active:   Today at 02:56:22 PM

He showed up in July of this year and immediately started white-knighting for BFL. Sockpuppet? Or just too many chromosomes?

Josh then, why you surprised, he as loads of accounts and he didn't admit to inabled cockroach until someone called him out. He's a 1st class scum bag and 1 of my missions is to make that clear.... Until bfl close doors or josh disappears.....

Careful, He has his big boy pants on today.
Fancy banning me from your forum for posting a quote from the FTC.
How low life can you get.
or is the paranoia starting to set in.
Yes Joshie, the community's majority want you to just go away and die with your corrupt company.
 Roll Eyes

He showed up in July of this year and immediately started white-knighting for BFL. Sockpuppet? Or just too many chromosomes?

Josh then, why you surprised, he as loads of accounts and he didn't admit to inabled cockroach until someone called him out. He's a 1st class scum bag and 1 of my missions is to make that clear.... Until bfl close doors or josh disappears.....
legendary
Activity: 1190

Activity: 61
Merit: 10

More likely they have someone reading incoming mail who immediately throws it out the moment they don't understand something.

Might depend on the news station, but I highly doubt, especially if the topic is something financial, and currently being talked about on other news outlets, that they will completely throw away a story because they don't feel like looking up the definition of a single word.
legendary
Activity: 1176
Eh im sure they have interns who research technical aspects they might not understand.

More likely they have someone reading incoming mail who immediately throws it out the moment they don't understand something.

Response from KCTV5:

What the hell is a ASIC Bitcoin Miner??

Try explaining it like you would to your mother.

Eh im sure they have interns who research technical aspects they might not understand.
Activity: 854
Merit: 500
I don't know if this has been done yet but I sent KCTV5 an email regarding BFL and their antics.

Butterfly Labs, A company in Overland Park Has been taking money for ASIC Bitcoin Miners and not shipping most of them.

They have preorders from almost a year ago, paid in full, that have had refunds requested and ignored.

They are still promising a two month ship date on some of their products which is a blatant lie and violates FTC regulations.

Many of the people BFL has lied to/scammed is preparing to go forward with legal actions and It would be amazing if KCTV could start an investigation on BFL

Bitcoin is always in the media, but no one seems to be talking about the company blatantly breaking the law "selling" bitcoin mining hardware.

Thank you

Response from KCTV5:

What the hell is a ASIC Bitcoin Miner??

Try explaining it like you would to your mother.

I don't know if this has been done yet but I sent KCTV5 an email regarding BFL and their antics.

Butterfly Labs, A company in Overland Park Has been taking money for ASIC Bitcoin Miners and not shipping most of them.

They have preorders from almost a year ago, paid in full, that have had refunds requested and ignored.

They are still promising a two month ship date on some of their products which is a blatant lie and violates FTC regulations.

Many of the people BFL has lied to/scammed is preparing to go forward with legal actions and It would be amazing if KCTV could start an investigation on BFL

Bitcoin is always in the media, but no one seems to be talking about the company blatantly breaking the law "selling" bitcoin mining hardware.

Thank you
legendary
Activity: 2114
ASIC Wannabe

ahahahahahahahah responding to an ignored post? You get the gold trollie award for that one

BFL deserves to be sued or have action brought against them by the FTC. The delays are unnacceptable and Inaba/Josh is the most abrasive personality on the forums, constantly mis-informing and insulting.

Im lucky paypal was able to refund me after 45 days (closer to 80 days) when i realised that the device i ordered in early june with a mid-september estimated delivery was actually coming no sooner then late october. (Now late-november seems to be the situation).

Id love to know how KNC shipped hundreds of units out in a few days (each one containing several of what is similar to the BFL board+heatsink assembly) and BFL seems incapable of averaging moe than a few dozen units a day.

If BFL had proper forum presence (ie: kicked inaba to the curb and put someone more positive in) I might have not demanded my refund, and been able to accept delays. but to have inaba call people idiots and ban CUSTOMERS from the BFL forums is insane.
Pages:
Jump to: